Sox over Yanks

WORLD SERIES

Sox over mets can you say dynasty #2

BoSox Rule
02-13-2005, 05:25 PM
2 titles is a dynasty?

YanksHater213
02-13-2005, 05:34 PM
AL East- Yankees, they always find a way to do it, and they will do it again.
AL Central- Cleveland
AL West- Texas
AL Wild Card- Red Sox, not even close
ALDS- Red Sox over Texas, Yankees over Cleveland
ALCS- Red Sox over Yankees
NL East- Mets
NL Central- StL
NL West- Padres
NL Wild Card- Astros
NLDS- Mets over Astros, StL over Padres
NLCS- Mets over StL

World Series- Red Sox over Mets in 7 games. Game 7, will be an epic battle between Curt Schilling and Pedro Martinez

YanksHater213
02-13-2005, 05:35 PM
Oh, and Yeszir, I think this is a pretty good idea for a contest.

Yanksin2010
02-13-2005, 05:40 PM
Al East- yankees

AL central- Twins

AL West- Angels of aneheim

NL East- braves

NL Central- Cubs

NL West- Dodgers

AL wildcard- A's

NL wildcard- Cardinals

ALDS- yankees over twins- Angels over A's

ALCS- yankees over angels

NLDS- Cubs over braves- Cardinals over dodgers

NLCS- Cubs over cardinals

Worldseries- yankees over cubs

yeszir
02-13-2005, 06:18 PM
Oh, and Yeszir, I think this is a pretty good idea for a contest.
Ok, deal, you supply the prizes. :) We'll have some form of contest soon, don't worry about it. ;)

Sox fan in Tex
02-13-2005, 06:55 PM
AL East
Yanks.... damnit prove me wrong Sox

AL Central
Twins

AL West
Angels (I hope you kidding with the mariners Soxfan#1)

Wildcard
Red Sox

NL East
Atlanta Braves (how can you pick against them?)

NL Central
St. Louis Cardinals

NL West
Dodgers (I hope Arizona is also a joke Soxfan#1 otherwise.... well, I don't know about your predictions)

Wildcard
Houston Astros

NL Wildcard Round
Braves over St Louis
Dodgers over Astros

NLCS
Braves over Dodgers

AL Wildcard Round
Twins over Yankees
Red Sox over Angels

ALCS
Sox over Twins

WORLD SERIES
Braves over Red Sox

stocker323
02-13-2005, 07:30 PM
AL East
Yanks.... damnit prove me wrong Sox

AL Central
Twins

AL West

Wildcard
Red Sox

NL East
Atlanta Braves (how can you pick against them?)

NL Central
St. Louis Cardinals

NL West
Dodgers (I hope Arizona is also a joke Soxfan#1 otherwise.... well, I don't know about your predictions)

Wildcard
Houston Astros

NL Wildcard Round
Braves over St Louis
Dodgers over Astros

NLCS
Braves over Dodgers

AL Wildcard Round
Twins over Yankees
Red Sox over Angels

ALCS
Sox over Angels

WORLD SERIES
Twins over Red Sox

That would be a heck of a World Series.

Anyway here's my picks

AL East
Yankees

AL Central
Twins

AL West
Angels

Wild Card
Red Sox

NL East
Braves

NL Central
Cubs

NL West
Padres (The only division I'm not sure about)

NL Wild Card
Cardinals

Red Sox over Angels
Yanks over Twins

Not going to pick the ALCS because it depends on the pitching. If the pitching is the current rosters of today, then I'd go with the Yanks, but since there is injuries, trades and other things, it is impossible to pick.

Cubs over Braves
Cards over Padres

Cubs over Cardinals

Red Sox/Yankees over Cubs

element1151
02-13-2005, 07:37 PM
AL West

I think the Mariners are the most improved team in baseball, but not the AL West winners.
Also, I hope you were kidding with the Twins winning it all vs. their AL opponent Sox in the WS.

AL East
Sox

AL Central
Twins

AL West
Angels

Wildcard
Yanks, Mariners (My pick for most improved)

ALDS
Yankees over Angels /// M's over Twins
Red Sox over Angels /// Twins

ALCS
Sox over Yanks /// M's

NL East
Mets

NL Central
Cardinals

NL West
Giants

Wildcard
Cubs

NLDS
Mets over Cards
Cubs over Giants

NLCS
Mets over Cubs

WORLD SERIES

Sox over Mets

Noah
02-13-2005, 09:58 PM
Mets vs. Sox in World Series.

Wow.

Yez and I would get into some pretty big fights. I'd pose a NYMfans.com-Talksox.com war, because I'm an idiot.

YANKEESRULE
02-13-2005, 10:03 PM
AL East-Yankees

AL Central-Twins

AL West-Angels

AL Wild Card- Mariners/Red Sox, I would give the edge to mariners because the yankees are in the East

NL East-Braves (Because they always find a way)

NL Central-Cardinals

NL West-Giants

NL Wildcard Mariners or Phillies

ALDS-Yanks over Mariners
ALDS-Twins over Angels
ALCS-Yanks over Twins

NLDS-Phillies or Marlins over Braves
NLDS-Cardinals over Giants
NLCS-Cardinals over Marlins or Phillies

Series-Yanks over Cardinals

elsrbueno
02-14-2005, 09:36 AM
A few friendly reminders:

The Sox WILL NEVER face the Twins in the World Series unless there's some reconstruction of the leagues, and it definatelty won't happen in 2005.

Also, the Angels WON'T play Seattle in the first round of the playoffs. Another impossibility.

That being said, my predictions:
AL East: Yankees
AL Central: Twins
AL West: Angels
AL Wildcard: Red Sox

OK, Crespo will probably have my head for this, but I am going to predict the Yankees will win the division again this year. Of course I hope I'm wrong....

NL East: Atlanta
NL Central: St. Louis
NL West: San Diego (OK, I also predicted them last year....but they're certainly not worse than last year and no NL West team is really far and away better than another)
NL Wildcard: Mets

I've vowed never to predict any other team in the NL East until the Braves are unseated, because John Schurholtz always seems to bring in the right players, and Bobby Cox seems to get his players to play at their best. Not to mention Leo Mazzone has one miracle pitcher each season. The Braves have effectively added 2.5 starters this year (Hudson, Smoltz, Ramirez was injured ), which makes them as good as last year. The Mets have improved a lot, and I've picked them for the Wild Card because I don't think they'll have enough to overtake the Braves. St. Louis is still a better team (in my mind) than the Cubs, and I really picked San Diego at random because the NL West can be anyone's division.... except Colorado...

I refuse to make playoff predictions yet, because so much is going to change in the next 7 months.

Teams that may surprise folks (and play well): Cleveland (if Millwood can turn himself around), Philadelphia (Jon Lieber may really help these guys out)
Teams that may surprie folks (and play poorly): Seattle, Baltimore. Both of these teams improved offensively, but don't have enough in the way of pitching to really stick around (in my mind).

element1151
02-14-2005, 11:08 AM
NL Wildcard Mariners or Phillies

I am 100% sure that the Mariners won't win the NL Wildcard.

element1151
02-14-2005, 11:09 AM
Also, the Angels WON'T play Seattle in the first round of the playoffs. Another impossibility.

Forgot that rule.

Soxfan#1
02-14-2005, 04:12 PM
WORLD SERIES
Twins over Red Sox[/QUOTE]

What did you say about my predicions?

And yanskin2010 are you kidding. Read ahhchons sig.

yagmaster
02-14-2005, 04:39 PM
AL East-Red Sox -> For the first time in a long time, we have the team to win the division

AL Central-Twins -> They always find a way (as of recently)

AL West- Angels -> Not many changes to last years division champion

AL Wild Card- Yankees -> It would be too much to hope that they'll miss the playoffs

NL East - Mets -> Can't argue with the offseason success

NL Central - Cubs -> Sosa's gone, Clement's gone, but they still have Wood, Prior, Zambrano

NL West - Dodgerse -> I think they'll pull it off this year

NL Wildcard - Braves -> Much like the Yankees, can't see them missing the playoffs

ALDS-Red Sox OVER Repeat -> won't be as easy this time
ALDS-Yankees OVER Twins -> Yankees don't lose in the division series
ALCS-Sox OVERYanks -> it will be the Yankees who will need the epic comeback. Schilling on the mound, not going to happen.

NLDS-Mets OVERDodgers -> Mets just too strong for LA
NLDS-Cubs OVER Braves -> Pitching wins and Cubs have pitching
NLCS-Mets OVER Cubs -> Tough pick, Pedro give Mets the nod. Beltran is a playoff machine too.

Series-Red Sox OVER Mets -> Franc will put in McCartey in at first for defensive replacement to seal the deal

Yanksin2010
02-14-2005, 05:11 PM
WORLD SERIES
Twins over Red Sox

And yanskin2010 are you kidding. Read ahhchons sig.[/QUOTE]
kidding about what?

Soxfan#1
02-14-2005, 05:17 PM
the a's hagve no chance of making it to the playoffs.

Yanksin2010
02-14-2005, 05:24 PM
the a's hagve no chance of making it to the playoffs.
Sure they do, they ll just die in the first round.

Sox fan in Tex
02-15-2005, 03:15 PM
Holy **** did that come out wrong. I'll edit it.

Alright, how about a deal.... if the Mariners win the AL West I'll send you a great amount of money. If they don't you have to make your sig line "I am Sox fan in Texas's bitch" for a full year.

ahhchon
02-15-2005, 04:04 PM
i don't know why everyone is so quick to pick the sox as al east winners. the yankees have won it basically every year since i was 9 with the exception of 3 years. who am i to say that they won't do it again?

until the sox man up and de-throne the yankees they will be the al east champs.

i think if we have a healthy miller, wells and clement stay healthy and schilling recovers quickly and none of them have dissappointing seasons we def have the chance.

john

Zenny
02-15-2005, 04:45 PM
AL East- Skankees
AL Central- Indians (with the Twins taking it down to the last weekend)
AL West - Angels (with the A's taking it down to the last weekend)
AL Wild Card- Red Sox

NL East- Braves
NL Central- Cubs (assuming health)
NL West- Giants (young pitching, young pitching, young pitching)
NL Wild Card- Padres

SoCalSox
02-15-2005, 07:50 PM
AL East- Skankees
AL Central- Indians (with the Twins taking it down to the last weekend)
AL West - Angels (with the A's taking it down to the last weekend)
AL Wild Card- Red Sox

NL East- Braves
NL Central- Cubs (assuming health)
NL West- Giants (young pitching, young pitching, young pitching)
NL Wild Card- Padres

Zenny-

Thank you. Finally someone picks the Giants in the NL West. Personally I don't like the Giants, but I think they are going to beat up on a bunch of teams. Remember they signed Alou. I know he's old & whatever, but how many pitchers are gonna be happy to walk Bonds & see Alou walking to the plate? Bonds will see more pitches (probably not ALOT more) and Alou's numbers should be pretty big this year. The Rockies aren't going anywhere, D-backs & Padres should be better-but not there yet & the Dodgers.....well who knows what will come out of that mess.

Zenny
02-15-2005, 08:36 PM
I look at it this way: the Dodgers have the best potential but the most question marks. The Padres have the best ace (Jake Peavy) and best bullpen (Hoffman, Otsuka, Linebrink), but their offense and depth are not good. The Giants are getting pretty old and have a buttload of question marks themselves, but I look for Noah Lowry, Jesse Foppert and Jerome Williams to come up huge behind Schmidt and Tomko. Not only that, but they have Matt Cain, Merkin Valdez and Brad Hennessey on the way up. Even if they are old, they still have a talented defense; those 35+ year old knees in the outfield are a bit scary, though.

Still, I think the Dodgers are the most talented, but I think they're all going to get hurt. Both teams have excellent young talent on the way up, though.

CrespoBlows
02-15-2005, 09:10 PM
AL East

Red Sox

Central

Tribe

West

Angels

Wild Card

Yanks

NL East

Braves

Central

Reds (sleeper pick)

West

Giants

Wild Card

Padres

Playoffs

ALDS

Sox over Angels

Yanks over Tribe

NLDS

Braves over Padres

Giants over Reds

ALCS

Sox over Yanks

NLCS

Giants over Braves (I even doubt they'll get this far, watch Smoltz' elbow closley)

World Series

Red Sox over Giants in 5

Soxfan#1
02-16-2005, 04:25 PM
Holy **** did that come out wrong. I'll edit it.

Alright, how about a deal.... if the Mariners win the AL West I'll send you a great amount of money. If they don't you have to make your sig line "I am Sox fan in Texas's bitch" for a full year.

lets make this a little more interesting. If the twins have a better record, I'll post in my sig sox fan in tex is my superior or anything different you want. If the m's have a better record then post Lousy texan from the depths of hell otherwise known as texas or anything different i think up. Deal?

Sizzlin22
02-16-2005, 05:14 PM
AL East - Red Sox cuz I cant pick agaisnt them
Al Central - Twins cuz Santana is a god
AL West - Angels cuz that team hasn't changed too too much
AL WC- Yankees cuz they never miss the playoffs

NL East - Braves cuz untill someone finally knocks them off I cant pick against them
NL Central - Cubs cuz if they can avoid a collapse/ health problems the pitching is strong
NL West - Dodgers cuz I actually liek the little blonde haired jackass Weaver who used to pitch for the Yanks hes got good stuff along with the rest of a solid staff

NL WC - Mets cuz i got to al least 5 met games a year moms side of the family is season ticket holders in 2nd row seats mets are my second favorite team and they are argueably the most improved team in baseball

ALDS - Sox over Twins cuz the rotation is better , Angels over Yanks cuz if the Angels can stay healthy they are SCARY

NLDS - Dodgers over Braves cuz its the Braves, Mets over Giants cuz the Mets are just stacked

ALCS- Angels over Sox cuz I gotta say if they stay healthy and Colon can have a good season the whole entire season and not jsut the tail end then thats a good damn baseball team

NLCS- Mets over Dodgers cuz the Mets are just an all around better team

WS- Angels over Mets cuz it would be a heavyweight bout and because the AL will have home field advantage again because they own in the all star game so Angels in 6 or 7

God knows my family would be in all out war id the Sox and Mets go to the series again ti would jsut be a nightmare.

soxonfox
02-17-2005, 07:58 PM
AL East- Red Sox
AL Central- Twins
AL West- Rangers
AL Wildcard- Yankees

NL East- Marlins
NL Central- Cubs
NL West- Diamondbacks
NL Wildcard- Mets

ALDS- Red Sox over Rangers 3-0
Yankees over Twins 3-2

NLDS- Marlins over Diamondbacks 3-0
Cubs over Mets 3-1

ALCS- Red Sox over Yankees 4-3

NLCS- Marlins over Cubs 4-2

World Series- Red Sox over Marlins 4-1

Radgeta
02-17-2005, 09:10 PM
AL East - Boston pssh the Yankees are gonna lose RJ to injury.
AL Central - The Twins. The Whitesox always fall apart
AL West - Texas. They have great hitting.
AL WildCard - Yankees even though no RJ they still have a good team.

NL East- The Mets. They made some good moves in the offseason hope it pays off.
NL Central - The Cardinals. The offense is too good to ignore.
NL West- LA. They made the move to get offense.
NL Wildcard- Chicago Cubs; otherwise they should all be shot.

Sox fan in Tex
02-17-2005, 09:31 PM
lets make this a little more interesting. If the twins have a better record, I'll post in my sig sox fan in tex is my superior or anything different you want. If the m's have a better record then post Lousy texan from the depths of hell otherwise known as texas or anything different i think up. Deal?

Deal. Go Twins! ;)

yeszir
02-17-2005, 09:52 PM
Guys, lets think about who won it all in the past 3 years. The Angels. The Marlins, who everyone picked to finish horribly that year, and the Red Sox. This in mind, here's my severely shaken up predictions (based on nothing at all):
AL East: Red Sox
Al Central: Twins
Al West: Rangers
Wildcard: Yankees

NL East: Mets
NL Central: Cubs
NL West: Diamondbacks (haha!)
Wildcard: Padres

ALDS: Sox over Twins, Rangers over Yankees
NLDS: Mets over Padres, Cubs over Dbacks
ALCS: Rangers over Sox (who knows)
NLCS: Cubs over Padres
WS: Cubs over Rangers in 6.

I'm unique. :D

Gertie
02-17-2005, 09:55 PM
Yeszir, you're a special guy. Very special.

element1151
02-17-2005, 10:57 PM
I think you may need to add a few more (haha!)'s next to teams you picked. Most of all the Rangers. And the NL wildcard coming from the West.

But, i can't blame you, i like to dream up seasons also, but they always have the Sox winning the WS, not the Cubs or the Rangers.

yeszir
02-17-2005, 11:04 PM
I think you may need to add a few more (haha!)'s next to teams you picked. Most of all the Rangers. And the NL wildcard coming from the West.

But, i can't blame you, i like to dream up seasons also, but they always have the Sox winning the WS, not the Cubs or the Rangers.
You watch. (haha!) I'll probably be the closest out of all of you.

CalvnHobs6
02-17-2005, 11:27 PM
I hate predicting things. That said, here are my predictions:

AL Central: Minnesota
AL West: Anaheim
AL Wild Card: Oakland. Oh yes, I went there. Yanks' 67 million dollar rotation a bust. Finish 3rd ALEast to the Sox and Drays. Lovin' it.

NL East: Atlanta. It's been said before and will be said again. You just can't dethrone these guys.
NL Central: Chicago. I don't know why. Maybe just the idea that Prior-Wood-Zambrano will be effective.
NL West: Dodgers. Proabably. But I'd love to see the DBacks turn it around and make this a race to the finish.
NL Wild Card: St. Louis. This was a tough one between NY and STL, and I do think Pedro and Carlos will have outstanding seasons, but STL is just a powerhouse. Their offense makes me want to throw up. And I have a tough time predicting against a team with Pujols in their lineup.

Playoffs. I don't know. Way too early. That said, here are my predictions:
AL Division
Boston over Oakland
Anaheim over Minnesota
AL Championship
Boston over Minnesota
NL Division
Chicago over Atlanta
St Louis over Los Angeles
NL Championship
Chicago over St Louis
World Series
Boston over Chicago. Booyakasha.

Diamondbacks WS Champs '06!!!!! Holler.

element1151
02-17-2005, 11:47 PM
You watch. (haha!) I'll probably be the closest out of all of you.

Don't worry, i'll be putting this thread under favorites with the quote button ready!

westcoastjagoff
02-18-2005, 01:08 PM
Go knicks... HA I just spit my coffee all over the place.

Radgeta
02-18-2005, 07:20 PM
You should have bet who places higher in the division. Beltre Sexson are good offensive additions but Seattle is weak on pitching.

Sox fan in Tex
02-19-2005, 12:39 AM
You should have bet who places higher in the division. Beltre Sexson are good offensive additions but Seattle is weak on pitching.

Either way, I'm going to win. If we did it that way, Soxfan#1 would still lose because the fact how many times Seattle has to play teams in the AL West powerhouses like: Oakland, Anaheim and Texas. C'mon...compare the AL Central to the AL West. The Twins are the better team, have a weaker S.O.S. (strength of schedule), ect. All signs favor the Twins and me. I can just see the sig line of my dominance on Soxfan#1's sig line now. Let the season begin.

Radgeta
02-19-2005, 01:17 AM
Either way, I'm going to win. If we did it that way, Soxfan#1 would still lose because the fact how many times Seattle has to play teams in the AL West powerhouses like: Oakland, Anaheim and Texas. C'mon...compare the AL Central to the AL West. The Twins are the better team, have a weaker S.O.S. (strength of schedule), ect. All signs favor the Twins and me. I can just see the sig line of my dominance on Soxfan#1's sig line now. Let the season begin.That and Joe Mauer and Justin Morneau will own all.

Yanksin2010
02-19-2005, 02:03 AM
Go knicks... HA I just spit my coffee all over the place.
Good, I hope you did.

Soxfan#1
02-21-2005, 04:41 PM
Deal. Go Twins! ;)

You don't know what you just did.

element1151
02-21-2005, 09:11 PM
Ouch. The M's are going to have a WAY better record then the twins.

Sox fan in Tex
02-21-2005, 11:28 PM
Ouch. The M's are going to have a WAY better record then the twins.

I don't even have to use stats for a comparison here. Ready? Use your brain. The Seattle Mariners were horrible last year. They can't be THAT much better this coming year, they haven't made that many big deals this offseason. (Unless you count everyone's boy and former Yankee Jeff Nelson as a big pick up ;) that is) The M's will be playing against the A's, Angels and Rangers. What are you guys smoking? C'mon you have to go with the team that Peter Gammons said he wouldn't be surprised if they won the World Series this year... THAT WOULD BE THE MINNESOTA TWINS!

Soxfan#1's motto:

http://www.allposters.com/IMAGES/17/MARIJUANA.jpg

element1151
02-22-2005, 12:48 AM
No big deals? You don't call Sexon and Beltre big deals. The M's had the best offseason in the west by FAR. And, no the Twins wont even come close to the world series, let alone win it. The only way i see the Twins having a better record is because they are in the Central, and the M's are in the west, ill give you that.

Soxfan#1
02-22-2005, 01:57 PM
Hey do you guys (rad and element) wanna get in on this?

Sox fan in Tex
02-23-2005, 12:10 AM
The only way i see the Twins having a better record is because they are in the Central, and the M's are in the west, ill give you that.

And that is what it all comes down to. Who cares what the M's have done? Their still screwed in the AL West. A total of 51 games vs. Oak/Tex/Ana....that's one hell of a tough schedule. I also saw a few series against the Yanks, and a few against the BoSox. Good luck Mariners. (snicker)

http://seattle.mariners.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_400085.jpghttp://www.aggies9496.com/Images/tuStuff/ultimate.gifhttp://www.ticketstores.com/event/images/seattle_mariners2.jpg

Zenny
02-23-2005, 11:09 AM
The Mariners are finishing last in the division again. They have a horrible pitching staff and an offense that rests on 3 players' hands. No way they see anything but the cellar for another year.

element1151
02-23-2005, 11:57 AM
I say 2nd.

Sizzlin22
02-23-2005, 02:42 PM
And that is what it all comes down to. Who cares what the M's have done? Their still screwed in the AL West. A total of 51 games vs. Oak/Tex/Ana....that's one hell of a tough schedule. I also saw a few series against the Yanks, and a few against the BoSox. Good luck Mariners. (snicker)

http://seattle.mariners.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_400085.jpghttp://www.aggies9496.com/Images/tuStuff/ultimate.gifhttp://www.ticketstores.com/event/images/seattle_mariners2.jpg
How could you possibly piss on Ichiro the guy broke the single season hit record and had a crappy first half.

Sox fan in Tex
02-23-2005, 03:31 PM
How could you possibly piss on Ichiro the guy broke the single season hit record and had a crappy first half.

I'll give him credit, but he's not going to win it alone for the M's. Just letting Soxfan#1 know that.

pf21581
03-05-2005, 08:38 PM
Hey fans,
Thought I would put my predictions for the 2005 season. This is my first post at this site and I want to know what you think, agree or disagree, I want to hear what you guys opinions. It should be a fun year.

National League :

WEST:

San Francisco -
San Diego -
Los Angeles Dodgers -
Arizona -
Colorado -

CENTRAL:

St. Louis -
Chicago Cubs -
Houston -
Cincinnati -
Milwaukee -
Pittsburgh -

EAST:

Florida -
Atlanta (WILCARD) -
New York Mets -
Philadelphia -
Washington -

MVP : Barry Bonds -
CY YOUNG : Mark Mulder -

American League :

WEST:

Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim -
Oakland -
Texas -
Seattle -

CENTRAL:

Cleveland -
Minnesota -
Chicago White Sox -
Detroit -
Kansas City -

EAST:

New York Yankees -
Boston (WILDCARD) -
Baltimore -
Tampa Bay -
Toronto -

MVP : Manny Ramirez -
CY YOUNG : Randy Johnson -

WORLD SERIES:
SF @ BOS -
2005 Champions - San Francisco Giants -

yeszir
03-05-2005, 08:43 PM
Welcome to the site, pf. I merged your topic with the pre-existing one.

element1151
03-06-2005, 12:40 AM
Seattle won't finish last.

Sox fan in Tex
03-06-2005, 11:26 PM
TTT for this thread anyways so I might as well comment on it. I flipped through a few baseball magazines today that I saw on the stand... everyone of them had the Mariners at last in the AL West.

Honestly, WHAT do you see in the Mariners, Soxfan#1? A team that finished last in runs scored last year and will probably continue that trend. If you want to argue the fact that pitching will help them out, let me go ahead and set you straight.

Seattle Mariners Starting Rotation:
Jamie Moyer...2004 record: 9-13, 5.21 ERA
Joel Pineiro...2004 record: 6-11, 4.67 ERA
Bobby Madritsch...2004 record: 6-3, 3.27 ERA
Gil Meche...2004 record: 7-7, 5.01 ERA
Ryan Franklin...2004 record: 4-16, 4.90 ERA

Damn the Mariners suck.

yankees_nation
03-27-2005, 09:32 PM
2005 will be #27 for the yanks, imho

over the mets

Soxfan#1
03-27-2005, 09:53 PM
TTT for this thread anyways so I might as well comment on it. I flipped through a few baseball magazines today that I saw on the stand... everyone of them had the Mariners at last in the AL West.

Honestly, WHAT do you see in the Mariners, Soxfan#1? A team that finished last in runs scored last year and will probably continue that trend. If you want to argue the fact that pitching will help them out, let me go ahead and set you straight.

Damn the Mariners suck.
Ok. Jamie moyer had a bad season. He is going to do much better in 2005. I don't know much about the other starters. I think mad is going to do much better in 2005. Beltre and Sexson are going to have monster seasons and boone will be the third musketeer. To answer your last question I just have a feeling....

Sox fan in Tex
03-27-2005, 10:10 PM
Ok. Jamie moyer had a bad season. He is going to do much better in 2005. I don't know much about the other starters. I think mad is going to do much better in 2005. Beltre and Sexson are going to have monster seasons and boone will be the third musketeer. To answer your last question I just have a feeling....

I have nothing against you Soxfan#1...but this is stupid on your behalf. 1) The Mariners schedule has to be one of the hardest in all of baseball. 2) The Mariners have hardly any strengths. 3) The Twins are a great team that ONCE AGAIN has been said by Peter Gammons, "has a good shot at winning the World Series."

This is no contest at all. Bet is still on...and I'll still be around here when the season ends with the Twins having another fantastic record.

Zenny
03-27-2005, 10:20 PM
Ok. Jamie moyer had a bad season. He is going to do much better in 2005.
If at 42 years old, Jamie Moyer improves, I think the entire world will be completely shocked. Stick a fork in him, he's done.

I don't know much about the other starters. I think mad is going to do much better in 2005.
Madritsch is pretty much Bucky Jacobson: an older career minor-leaguer with little upside who filled in for a limited time due to injury/ineffectiveness on a bad team. Both his walk and K rates are poor and he's going to be 29 next season. Yuck. By the way, Aaron Sele is going to be taking over for Ryan Franklin in the rotation. Hilarious. Joel Pineiro and his career 6.51 K rate and 118 ERA+ take over as staff ace. Again, hilarious.

Beltre and Sexson are going to have monster seasons and boone will be the third musketeer. To answer your last question I just have a feeling....
Boone is in a steady decline. Sexson will not match his Milwaukee numbers in Safeco, which is hell on RHH's. I'm a Beltre believer because he did it in the minors and always had the potential for a season like '04, but he and Ichiro cannot be an entire team.

SFiT, you are going to win this bet handily, my friend.

Yanksin2010
03-28-2005, 11:16 AM
Hey fans,
Thought I would put my predictions for the 2005 season. This is my first post at this site and I want to know what you think, agree or disagree, I want to hear what you guys opinions. It should be a fun year.

National League :

WEST:

San Francisco -
San Diego -
Los Angeles Dodgers -
Arizona -
Colorado -

CENTRAL:

St. Louis -
Chicago Cubs -
Houston -
Cincinnati -
Milwaukee -
Pittsburgh -

EAST:

Florida -
Atlanta (WILCARD) -
New York Mets -
Philadelphia -
Washington -

MVP : Barry Bonds -
CY YOUNG : Mark Mulder -

American League :

WEST:

Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim -
Oakland -
Texas -
Seattle -

CENTRAL:

Cleveland -
Minnesota -
Chicago White Sox -
Detroit -
Kansas City -

EAST:

New York Yankees -
Boston (WILDCARD) -
Baltimore -
Tampa Bay -
Toronto -

MVP : Manny Ramirez -
CY YOUNG : Randy Johnson -

WORLD SERIES:
SF @ BOS -
2005 Champions - San Francisco Giants -
Be some trick for bonds to win the MVP seeing how he won't play this season

Manny24
03-29-2005, 02:50 PM
American League

EAST: Yanks (I hate to say it but there pitching staff is nasty... ol steinbrenner did it again)

CENTRAL: Twins (They always manage to slip silently into the post season)

WEST: Los Angelas Angels of Anaheim of Souther California of 13th street or watever the hell their called

WILD CARD: RedSox (YEHAW!)

ALDS: RedSox > Angels Yanks > Twins (sound familier?)

ALCS: Yanks > Red Sox (In 6 games) (THe yanks pitching is to damn deep... prove me wrong redsox PLEASE)

National League

EAST: Braves (They always do it)

CENTRAL: Cards (With the addition of Mulder nothing can stop them)

WEST: Dodgers (Their pitching staff is awsome)

WILD CARD: Reds (I got to see them in Spring Training down in Fort Myers, and they really impressed me)

NLDS: Reds > Braves Cards > Dodgers

NLCS: Reds > Cards (In 7 games)

World SERIES

Yanks > Reds

all hell breaks loose.... damn yankees

Sox fan in Tex
03-29-2005, 05:56 PM
We'll just hope your wrong mannyman ;)

Manny24
03-31-2005, 08:20 PM
Amen dude... i hope Im dead wrong.

Sox fan in Tex
03-31-2005, 10:11 PM
Your probably right to an extent though. I saw the Reds play last year in Cincy and they have a very improved team...I don't know if it's enough to take them to the World Series, but I'd give it a year or two and they'll be there.

element1151
03-31-2005, 10:57 PM
In fact I picked up a couple of Reds players for Fantasy baseball this year for a couple of my teams.

ahhchon
03-31-2005, 11:24 PM
American League

EAST: Yanks (I hate to say it but there pitching staff is nasty... ol steinbrenner did it again)

not as nasty as my fantasy pitching staff of:

johnson, sheets, petey, zito, sabathia (yeah, i know he's injured) and kazmir.. MWA HA HA HA HA, K/9 is one of the categories. my god am i going to DESTROY everyone in that.

john

Soxfan#1
06-04-2005, 02:07 PM
American League
East W L PCT GB HOME ROAD EAST CENT WEST NL L10 STRK
Baltimore 32 22 .593 - 17-14 15-8 18-8 9-10 4-2 1-2 4-6 L2
Boston 30 24 .556 2.0 16-8 14-16 15-16 3-1 10-6 2-1 5-5 W2
Toronto 29 26 .527 3.5 14-12 15-14 15-10 6-9 6-6 2-1 5-5 W1
New York 27 27 .500 5.0 16-13 11-14 10-16 3-4 12-6 2-1 4-6 L6
Tampa Bay 20 35 .364 12.5 16-14 4-21 8-16 4-9 8-7 0-3 5-5 W1

Central W L PCT GB HOME ROAD EAST CENT WEST NL L10 STRK
Chicago 36 18 .667 - 18-7 18-11 6-4 19-4 9-9 2-1 5-5 W1
Minnesota 32 21 .604 3.5 17-10 15-11 9-4 16-12 5-4 2-1 7-3 W3
Detroit 26 26 .500 9.0 13-14 13-12 8-8 10-11 7-5 1-2 6-4 W3
Cleveland 25 28 .472 10.5 11-13 14-15 2-1 12-18 9-8 2-1 5-5 L3
Kansas City 17 37 .315 19.0 11-17 6-20 8-8 5-17 3-10 1-2 4-6 W4

West W L PCT GB HOME ROAD EAST CENT WEST NL L10 STRK
Los Angeles 31 23 .574 - 15-11 16-12 2-2 16-14 11-6 2-1 5-5 L1
Texas 30 23 .566 0.5 17-12 13-11 6-6 12-9 9-8 3-0 7-3 L3
Seattle 22 31 .415 8.5 11-16 11-15 8-14 6-6 6-10 2-1 4-6 L1
Oakland 21 33 .389 10.0 13-13 8-20 11-18 2-4 7-9 1-2 4-6 L1

National League
East W L PCT GB HOME ROAD EAST CENT WEST AL L10 STRK
Florida 28 24 .538 - 18-12 10-12 15-14 5-5 5-5 3-0 2-8 L1
Atlanta 29 25 .537 - 17-7 12-18 18-14 7-3 3-6 1-2 4-6 L2
Washington 29 26 .527 0.5 16-9 13-17 14-13 6-7 8-4 1-2 5-5 W2
New York 28 26 .519 1.0 18-10 10-16 15-15 10-8 2-1 1-2 5-5 W2
Philadelphia 27 27 .500 2.0 13-10 14-17 12-18 9-7 4-1 2-1 7-3 W3

Central W L PCT GB HOME ROAD EAST CENT WEST AL L10 STRK
St. Louis 35 19 .648 - 17-10 18-9 7-8 20-4 6-6 2-1 7-3 W1
Chicago 28 25 .528 6.5 15-12 13-13 4-5 14-12 9-6 1-2 7-3 L1
Milwaukee 26 28 .481 9.0 15-11 11-17 4-6 14-14 7-6 1-2 5-5 W1
Pittsburgh 25 28 .472 9.5 11-14 14-14 4-1 12-19 9-8 0-0 6-4 W1
Cincinnati 21 33 .389 14.0 15-14 6-19 9-7 9-19 2-5 1-2 5-5 L3
Houston 20 33 .377 14.5 15-11 5-22 2-10 15-16 3-4 0-3 5-5 L1

West W L PCT GB HOME ROAD EAST CENT WEST AL L10 STRK
San Diego 34 21 .618 - 19-6 15-15 6-0 12-7 15-12 1-2 7-3 W1
Arizona 30 24 .556 3.5 16-12 14-12 3-6 5-5 20-12 2-1 4-6 L2
Los Angeles 27 27 .500 6.5 13-15 14-12 3-6 6-8 17-11 1-2 4-6 L1
San Francisco 23 29 .442 9.5 14-15 9-14 1-5 7-6 13-17 2-1 3-7 L7 Colorado 17 36 .321 16.0 13-13 4-23 4-5 5-10 8-21 0-0 4-6 W2

This is what we have so fan and nobodys close in the AL. Notice the yanks lost 6 in a row.

Sizzlin22
06-05-2005, 05:26 PM
American League

CENTRAL: Twins (They always manage to slip silently into the post season)

WEST: Los Angelas Angels of Anaheim of Souther California of 13th street or watever the hell their called

WILD CARD: RedSox (YEHAW!)

ALDS: RedSox > Angels Yanks > Twins (sound familier?)

ALCS: Yanks > Red Sox (In 6 games) (THe yanks pitching is to damn deep... prove me wrong redsox PLEASE)

National League

EAST: Braves (They always do it)

CENTRAL: Cards (With the addition of Mulder nothing can stop them)

WEST: Dodgers (Their pitching staff is awsome)

WILD CARD: Reds (I got to see them in Spring Training down in Fort Myers, and they really impressed me)

NLDS: Reds > Braves Cards > Dodgers

NLCS: Reds > Cards (In 7 games)

World SERIES

Yanks > Reds

all hell breaks loose.... damn yankees Yep that Yankee pitching staff has been DOMINAT :lol: :lol: :lol:

schillingouttheks
06-05-2005, 10:50 PM
Haha...who saw that coming??? At least Steinny can still say it looks nasty on paper...

CalvnHobs6
06-06-2005, 09:31 AM
I hate predicting things. That said, here are my predictions:

AL Central: Minnesota
AL West: Anaheim
AL Wild Card: Oakland. Oh yes, I went there. Yanks' 67 million dollar rotation a bust. Finish 3rd ALEast to the Sox and Drays. Lovin' it.

NL East: Atlanta. It's been said before and will be said again. You just can't dethrone these guys.
NL Central: Chicago. I don't know why. Maybe just the idea that Prior-Wood-Zambrano will be effective.
NL West: Dodgers. Proabably. But I'd love to see the DBacks turn it around and make this a race to the finish.
NL Wild Card: St. Louis. This was a tough one between NY and STL, and I do think Pedro and Carlos will have outstanding seasons, but STL is just a powerhouse. Their offense makes me want to throw up. And I have a tough time predicting against a team with Pujols in their lineup.

Playoffs. I don't know. Way too early. That said, here are my predictions:
AL Division
Boston over Oakland
Anaheim over Minnesota
AL Championship
Boston over Minnesota
NL Division
Chicago over Atlanta
St Louis over Los Angeles
NL Championship
Chicago over St Louis
World Series
Boston over Chicago. Booyakasha.

Diamondbacks WS Champs '06!!!!! Holler.

I just wanted to quote myself. I was in a really fucked up mood that day. I'll update my predictions:
ALEast: Sox
ALCent: Twins (sticking to my guns)
ALWest: Angels
ALWild: ChiSox (Oakland? What was I thinking?)
NLEast: Braves (still)
NLCent: StLouis (my bad on the Chicago Pick)
NLWest: DBacks (absolutely)
NLWild: Marlins

Moose
06-06-2005, 12:50 PM
Here was prediction last offseason on a different message board:

AL East- Yankees
AL Central- White Sox
AL West- Angels
AL Wildcard- Red Sox

NL East- Mets
NL Central- Cardinals
NL West- Dodgers
NL Wildcard- Marlins

ALDS- Angels over the Yankees, Red Sox over the White Sox
NLDS- Dodgers over the Mets, Astros over the Marlins

ALCS- Red Sox over the Angels
NLCS- Astros over the Dodgers

WS- Red Sox over the Astros (5 games)

(All-star game: 12-3 rout. NL wins, haha.)

schillingouttheks
06-06-2005, 06:17 PM
Say...is that YOUR prediction as of RIGHT NOW?

Moose
06-07-2005, 12:54 AM
Dude, I have no idea.

Sox fan in Tex
06-08-2005, 02:45 AM
Hey Soxfan#1, you know what you also notice? Your pathetic M's are playing like crap, while those MIGHTY Minnesota Twins are fighting for another shot at the playoffs. I should already start thinking of ideas for you to put in your sig.

Zenny
06-12-2005, 10:26 PM
OK, here's my updated thoughts on the playoffs, just for shits and giggles at the 1/3 marker:

AL East- Baltimore
AL Central- Minnesotta
AL West- Texas (with Chris Young, not Kenny Rogers, as their best pitcher)
AL Wild Card- White Sox (not Red Sox)

NL East- Nationals (great bullpen)
NL Central- Cardinals
NL West- Padres
NL Wild Card- Phillies

Twins over Rangers
White Sox over O's

Cardinals over Phillies
Padres over Nationals

Twins over White Sox
Padres over Cardinals

Twins over Padres in 7

DOrtiz4prez
06-13-2005, 07:01 PM
AL East- Baltimore
AL Central- White Sox
AL West- Angels
AL Wildcard- Red Sox

NL East- Phillies believe it or not
NL Central- Cardinals
NL West- D-Back baby
NL Wildcard- Mets

Red Sox over White Sox
Baltimore over Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim- psh
Mets over Cards
Phillies over Dbacks

Red Sox over Baltimore
Mets over Phillies

Red Sox over Mets

All depends on health, if Schilling comes back nice and healthy, and Wells, then this is my guess. If Kerry Wood and Mark Prior are both healthy than I got the Cubs all the way.

Sizzlin22
06-14-2005, 06:24 PM
I guess if we're updating.......

AL ...
East- Sox
Central- White Sox
West - Texas
WC- Angels

NL...
East-Mets
Central-Cardinals
West- Dodgers
WC- Nationals (who wudda thunk it?)

AL Divisonal...
White Sox over Angels
Red Sox over Rangers

NL Divisional...
Cardinals over Nationals
Mets over Dodgers

ALCS...
White Sox over Red Sox

NLCS...
Cardinals over Mets

World Series...
Cardinals over White Sox in 6

I would like to point out that so far no ones updated predictions have the Yankees in the playoffs.... It's a beautiful thing baby.

element1151
06-14-2005, 06:38 PM
Hey Soxfan#1, you know what you also notice? Your pathetic M's are playing like crap, while those MIGHTY Minnesota Twins are fighting for another shot at the playoffs. I should already start thinking of ideas for you to put in your sig.
Ah, yes, but the Mariners are in 3rd place, and the Yankees are in 4th place!

Are U Kidding Me?
06-15-2005, 04:29 PM
AL East- Baltimore
AL Central- White Sox
AL West- Angels
AL Wildcard- Red Sox

NL East- Phillies believe it or not
NL Central- Cardinals
NL West- D-Back baby
NL Wildcard- Mets

Red Sox over White Sox
Baltimore over Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim- psh
Mets over Cards
Phillies over Dbacks

Red Sox over Baltimore
Mets over Phillies

Red Sox over Mets

All depends on health, if Schilling comes back nice and healthy, and Wells, then this is my guess. If Kerry Wood and Mark Prior are both healthy than I got the Cubs all the way.

Red Sox over Mets?? No way either of these teams are going to be in the World Series. I'm not trying to be a party pooper here but come on? You can't be serious. Both teams are playing like garbage.

I think St Louis Cards will beat the White Sox in seven games.

Youk Of The Nation
06-15-2005, 09:54 PM
We ALL know whats going to happen, no one wants to admit it is all.

After wild card battles and a sudden spurt of winning for both teams, The Colorado Rockies will face the Tampa Bay Devil Rays in the 2005 World Series. They will fight each other tooth and nail through six one run games, until the final game, which will turn into a 14-inning epic pitchers duel between Byun-Hung Kim and Mark Hendrickson. Finally, in the top of the 14th, Todd Helton will crush a grand slam into the upper seats of Coors field, only to be taken down a notch by a 6-run 14th by Tampa Bay.

See Red
06-15-2005, 10:00 PM
Red Sox over Mets?? No way either of these teams are going to be in the World Series. I'm not trying to be a party pooper here but come on? You can't be serious. Both teams are playing like garbage.

I think St Louis Cards will beat the White Sox in seven games.

At this point last year, the Red Sox were playing far worse than they are right now.

Are U Kidding Me?
06-15-2005, 11:14 PM
At this point last year, the Red Sox were playing far worse than they are right now.

Thats true. But theres no way the mets are going to the World Series. lol!!!

example1
06-16-2005, 09:28 PM
The sox still have a great chance to get to the World Series. They have a great lineup that is starting to come together. They have played, what, 3 of their last 5 series against #1 teams (Cards, Angels, Braves (at the time)) and have played very few home games. Manny seems to be coming around a little bit, Wells, Clement and Arroyo have been solid (young-Bronson looked GREAT last game) and Millar has stepped it up with one of his absurd-runs over the past two weeks or so.

The biggest concern is Embree right now. Hands down! But Embree is a veteran, he can't be this bad all year, can he? I don't think so.

Soxfan#1
06-17-2005, 04:37 PM
Anybody else think that the nationals will hold up.

Youk Of The Nation
06-18-2005, 12:02 AM
Anybody else think that the nationals will hold up.

I do. Im rooting for them in the Series this year. Actually, my no-longer-secret dream is to see a Wild Card Mariners and Washington Nationals Series this year.

Sox fan in Tex
06-18-2005, 03:18 PM
I watched them against the Rangers last night... two teams up at the top of their division and the Nationals just got smashed (8-1)... they will DEFINITELY have to play better than when I saw them.

ORS
06-19-2005, 10:28 AM

After wild card battles and a sudden spurt of winning for both teams, The Colorado Rockies will face the Tampa Bay Devil Rays in the 2005 World Series. They will fight each other tooth and nail through six one run games, until the final game, which will turn into a 14-inning epic pitchers duel between Byun-Hung Kim and Mark Hendrickson. Finally, in the top of the 14th, Todd Helton will crush a grand slam into the upper seats of Coors field, only to be taken down a notch by a 6-run 14th by Tampa Bay.

Todd Helton bats in the bottom half of the inning at Coors field....would be a great series though!

Manny Goes Boom
06-19-2005, 11:44 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: LOL

Sox fan in Tex
06-20-2005, 11:35 AM
That'd be great... hey, the D-Rays won 12 in a row during the summer last year, maybe they can win 30 or so in a row this time around. :lol:

Sizzlin22
06-20-2005, 06:46 PM
That'd be great... hey, the D-Rays won 12 in a row during the summer last yearLike the Yankees this summer.

Soxfan#1
06-21-2005, 03:38 PM
I don't know if yeszir is making this a contest or not, but if he is only the people that answered before the season can win.

Soxfan#1
08-04-2005, 01:00 PM
East W L PCT GB HOME ROAD EAST CENT WEST NL L10 STRK
Boston 61 45 .575 - 32-18 29-27 22-26 14-5 13-8 12-6 8-2 W7
New York 56 49 .533 4.5 33-21 23-28 17-21 11-10 17-11 11-7 5-5 L2
Toronto 55 51 .519 6.0 30-22 25-29 23-16 9-11 15-14 8-10 7-3 W3
Baltimore 51 56 .477 10.5 28-27 23-29 23-18 13-19 7-9 8-10 1-9 L8
Tampa Bay 42 66 .389 20.0 28-28 14-38 20-24 9-18 10-9 3-15 8-2 W6

Central W L PCT GB HOME ROAD EAST CENT WEST NL L10 STRK
Chicago 69 37 .651 - 33-21 36-16 15-8 32-9 10-14 12-6 6-4 L2
Cleveland 57 51 .528 13.0 27-26 30-25 10-9 17-27 15-12 15-3 7-3 W3
Minnesota 55 52 .514 14.5 30-24 25-28 16-11 23-20 8-11 8-10 2-8 W1
Detroit 51 55 .481 18.0 25-27 26-28 12-13 21-22 9-11 9-9 3-7 W1
Kansas City 38 69 .355 31.5 23-29 15-40 10-15 14-29 5-16 9-9 3-7 L6

West W L PCT GB HOME ROAD EAST CENT WEST NL L10 STRK
Los Angeles 62 45 .579 - 32-22 30-23 9-9 24-16 17-14 12-6 4-6 W2
Oakland 60 47 .561 2.0 35-18 25-29 14-20 14-7 22-12 10-8 8-2 L1
Texas 53 53 .500 8.5 28-26 25-27 16-14 14-9 14-21 9-9 5-5 L3
Seattle 46 60 .434 15.5 25-28 21-32 12-19 12-15 12-18 10-8 4-6 L1

National League NL Wild Card Standings
East W L PCT GB HOME ROAD EAST CENT WEST AL L10 STRK
Atlanta 62 46 .574 - 35-15 27-31 29-20 20-9 6-9 7-8 7-3 L1
Washington 57 50 .533 4.5 33-19 24-31 19-23 16-14 10-7 12-6 3-7 W1
Philadelphia 56 52 .519 6.0 34-23 22-29 20-26 15-13 14-5 7-8 5-5 W1
Florida 54 51 .514 6.5 29-24 25-27 23-25 12-14 9-7 10-5 6-4 L2
New York 54 53 .505 7.5 33-22 21-31 25-22 14-16 10-5 5-10 4-6 L1

Central W L PCT GB HOME ROAD EAST CENT WEST AL L10 STRK
St. Louis 68 39 .636 - 35-21 33-18 9-9 32-13 17-12 10-5 6-4 W2
Houston 59 48 .551 9.0 36-15 23-33 13-13 23-21 16-6 7-8 9-1 W2
Chicago 54 53 .505 14.0 27-26 27-27 9-15 25-19 14-10 6-9 5-5 L1
Milwaukee 53 55 .491 15.5 30-20 23-35 12-14 22-23 11-11 8-7 5-5 W1
Cincinnati 48 59 .449 20.0 32-26 16-33 11-11 16-28 14-12 7-8 7-3 W1
Pittsburgh 46 62 .426 22.5 25-28 21-34 12-15 16-30 13-10 5-7 4-6 W1

San Diego 52 55 .486 - 30-23 22-32 6-6 15-18 24-20 7-11 2-8 L1
Arizona 52 57 .477 1.0 25-30 27-27 7-12 11-15 26-20 8-10 5-5 L2
Los Angeles 48 59 .449 4.0 26-27 22-32 7-10 11-15 25-21 5-13 4-6 L1
San Francisco 45 61 .425 6.5 22-32 23-29 4-11 13-14 22-24 6-12 3-7 L4
Colorado 39 67 .368 12.5 27-27 12-40 9-10 11-23 13-25 6-9 5-5 W3

Updating this. Still noone is close. I think calvinhobs was closest and thats sad. The following people stuck with the sox and are awesome

Mwai
Element
Yagmaster
Crespoblows
Soxonfox
Radgeta
Yeszir
CalvinHobs

ORS
08-04-2005, 01:18 PM
I don't know if yeszir is making this a contest or not, but if he is only the people that answered before the season can win.
Aw, C'mon. Why can't I make my picks now, Captain Obvious? :rolleyes:

Moose
08-04-2005, 04:11 PM
San Diego 52 55 .486 - 30-23 22-32 6-6 15-18 24-20 7-11 2-8 L1
Arizona 52 57 .477 1.0 25-30 27-27 7-12 11-15 26-20 8-10 5-5 L2
Los Angeles 48 59 .449 4.0 26-27 22-32 7-10 11-15 25-21 5-13 4-6 L1
San Francisco 45 61 .425 6.5 22-32 23-29 4-11 13-14 22-24 6-12 3-7 L4
Colorado 39 67 .368 12.5 27-27 12-40 9-10 11-23 13-25 6-9 5-5 W3

Holy shit, I wonder if they're ever gonna make movies about the 2005 NL West.

San Diego:
http://www.ioncinema.com/beta/images/upload/2578poster.jpg

Arizona:
http://www.screenselect.co.uk/images/products/5/26225-large.jpg

Los Angeles:
http://web.syr.edu/~hrshapir/sandlot.jpg

San Francisco:
http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_9_1/images/movie-hardball.jpg

Colorado:
http://media.bestprices.com/content/vhs/60/150167.jpg

Soxfan#1
08-04-2005, 04:14 PM
Holy shit, I wonder if they're ever gonna make movies about the 2005 NL West.

San Diego:
http://web.syr.edu/~hrshapir/sandlot.jpg

Arizona:
http://www.screenselect.co.uk/images/products/5/26225-large.jpg

Los Angeles:
http://www.ioncinema.com/beta/images/upload/2578poster.jpg

San Francisco:
http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_9_1/images/movie-hardball.jpg

Colorado:
http://media.bestprices.com/content/vhs/60/150167.jpg
LMAO moose. :lol:

The sandlot was a good movie though. :blink:

Moose
08-04-2005, 04:16 PM
I made a mistake though. I edited my post. Sandlot should be the Dodgers since the guy in the middle is wearing a Dodger hat. I agree, "The Sandlot" was a great movie.

BigPapiEnFuego
08-04-2005, 04:18 PM
Colorado shouldn't even be a movie. It should be "Special Olympics tee-ball"

Soxfan#1
10-07-2005, 04:50 PM
Ok i didn't count the playoffs cause no one was exact but the winners are Sox Fan in TEX Stocker and elsrbueno

Soxfan#1
10-07-2005, 05:12 PM
I lost the bet. I'm not going to complain. pM me tex.