PDA

View Full Version : Ainge is a genius.

Soxfan#1
03-03-2005, 10:11 PM
Welcome back Gary Payton

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

element1151
03-04-2005, 11:10 AM
Don't speak too soon. Never say welcome back when the website has 'rumors' in its URL.

yeszir
03-04-2005, 02:28 PM
Things you don't hear too often....

schillingouttheks
03-04-2005, 05:47 PM
Well he's already said he will come back to the Celtics to it's ok to think this. We are going to sign him as a FA I think.

YanksHater213
03-04-2005, 10:37 PM
Payton started. 10 points 4 assists in a 20 point win. In my eyes if he can just contribute like that every night, this will be a great team come playoff time.

Soxfan#1
03-05-2005, 09:24 AM
It was the bobcats what do you expect. I feel a little excited so I'm watching more.

ahhchon
03-05-2005, 10:13 AM
i'm just waiting for someone to scream bandwagon celtic fans..

john

Soxfan#1
03-06-2005, 03:06 PM
I have to admit I am a sort of a bandwagoner. I used to watch the celtics, but when twon was gone it went downward, so i stopped, but I still looked for highlights. And lately I've become more interested. So what arrest me.

CrespoBlows
03-06-2005, 06:02 PM
Ainge is a genious, only, and ONLY IF he brings back Walker for next year as well.

YanksHater213
03-06-2005, 07:08 PM
Hes gonna be back. Antoine wants to stay, which is half of it. He said he still wants the 14 mil hes making now. He will not get that anywhere, and the most he will get on the open market is around 5 million. The teams that want him are all terrible or dont have a lot of cap flexibility. Ainge is willing to pay him 6-7 million, but, if he leads this team deep into the playoffs, which I have this feeling that he will with the way they are playing right now, he will get his pay day.

gosox613
03-10-2005, 08:36 PM
dont you realize that bringing payton back takes time away from our prized rookies which is what the organization is supposedly all about now...its not good that they get less playing time, and payton will cause that by being here, so im not too sure about genius

DOrtiz4prez
03-16-2005, 07:19 PM
Ainge will be a genius for this year but come next year I'm not so sure. If he gets trade happy and we lose any of the following:

Pierce, Twan, Ricky, our rookies (Allen, West, Jefferson)

Payton will probably retire. Blount won't be wanted by anyone else so not a problem. Raef is replaceable by Jefferson/ Blount.

stevece80
03-19-2005, 11:31 AM
Yeah, he's just going to trade away his rookie class. I wouldn't put any money on that possibility.

Considering Philly was falling over themselves to get Blount this offseason, I wouldn't say no one wants him. Comparing his salary to his production his contract may look bad, but if you actually take the time to compare him to other centers in the league, he's about middle of the pack in terms of value. Offhand, I'm guessing Foyle and Theo Ratliff are making more than Blount. And if you're a GM, and you'd take either over Blount, you're absolutely insane. That's just for starters, I'm sure there are plenty more less productive centers than Blount making more than him.

CrespoBlows
03-19-2005, 08:08 PM
Ainge will be a genius for this year but come next year I'm not so sure. If he gets trade happy and we lose any of the following:

Pierce, Twan, Ricky, our rookies (Allen, West, Jefferson)

Payton will probably retire. Blount won't be wanted by anyone else so not a problem. Raef is replaceable by Jefferson/ Blount.

Rick Pitino left a couple of years ago buddy, so don't be too worried about a trade.

gosox613
03-20-2005, 04:04 PM
rick pitino- coach danny ainge- director of basketball operations, wats the correlation, crespo?

CrespoBlows
03-20-2005, 04:10 PM
Pitino was the guy in charge, he made all the trades.

I don't watch basketball a ton, but that's the general assumption.

BTW, how many trades did Ainge make last year?