PDA

View Full Version : Paypal

Gehrig38
03-16-2005, 07:39 PM
How does this work?

yeszir
03-16-2005, 07:44 PM
Paypal? Its like an online money transfer system, you can pay people with your credit card or with your account itself. You can add funds to your account through an online payment system tied to your bank account. Ebay relies heavily on it too.

Welcome to the site, also.

ahhchon
03-16-2005, 07:46 PM
ebay relies on it heavily because ebay created paypal.

i use paypal all the time, it's great. the only thing i don't like is the 3% fee they charge you. but honestly. for the fact that it just makes my life so much easier it's worth it.

john

yeszir
03-16-2005, 07:54 PM
ebay relies on it heavily because ebay created paypal.

i use paypal all the time, it's great. the only thing i don't like is the 3% fee they charge you. but honestly. for the fact that it just makes my life so much easier it's worth it.

john
Ebay just recently bought paypal, I don't think they created it.

And isnt the 3% charge only for credit card payments? I've made lots of payments with it for ebay and such, and have never had to pay 3% to paypal.

Soxfan#1
03-26-2005, 10:55 PM
what so you guys look for on ebay? B.T.W that was me I was on a new buddies sn at his house accedently.

yankeessuck013
03-29-2005, 10:43 AM
is it safe and reliable?

i usually do not buy stuff online

yankthis
04-03-2005, 12:48 PM
Paypal is one of the safest and most reliable payment processors extant.

Ebay has a rating/feedback system to establish somewhat of a "verified reputation" for both sellers and buyers, so players will have some idea of what kind of person they're dealing with.

Of course there are a few bad apples here and there, but if you use the feedback as a guide, you generally won't get burned very often. I've made about 50 purchases through Ebay in the past month or so, both for expensive and inexpensive items, some for very large items from overseas, and the worst problem I've had with any of these transactions was one guy who was a little bit slow in getting the stuff shipped to me.

FWIW the item I had shipped from overseas was a guitar (very large package) and it was on my doorstep 4 days after I ordered it (including a Saturday and Sunday). Absolutely freaked me out. UPS takes 4 or 5 days from the west coast of U.S., and Republic of China Post did some kind of time-warp trick.

yeszir
04-03-2005, 01:26 PM
You're saying that it took 4 days for a package to get from China to the East Coast of the US? That's amazing. I waited 2 weeks for an ipod to get the same distance via FedEx.