PDA

View Full Version : Yankees Made a Statement Today

techsoldaten
04-19-2005, 04:15 AM
Putting up 19 against a team the good guys just defeated 3 straight times. It was as if they were saying, "Hey, look at us, we're number four!" Guess they showed George what they are all about.

... meanwhile, the Red Sox beat a real team.

M

sarasoxfan
04-19-2005, 08:40 AM
yeah, they showed him that while getting 19 runs against a AA team, that their highly touted pitching still gives up 8 runs to the devil rays.

The message they sent is that the yankees are in deep shit and I am loving it.
PS-19-8 that score sounds familiar any yankee fans rememer what happened the last you put up that score????

strassRI
04-19-2005, 08:47 AM
On the one hand: a win's a win and both Sox and Yanks were at home against division foes

On the other hand: man, it's the D-Rays! And Jaret Wright goes five innings and gives up 8 ER.

Today Randy Johnson faces Hideo Nomo in another one that the Yanks should be embarrassed if it's close. Then again, saw what happened with the Orioles, who should be beating up on Detroit at home and instead threw batting practice yesterday.

Nice of Tampa to allow A-Rod to bulk up his stats to the point that they'll once again look great at the end of the year.

yeszir
04-19-2005, 10:24 AM
We beat up on the D-Rays and it seemed to have turned us around, I see no reason why it can't do the same for the Yankees. We knew they were gonna snap out of it at some point, and although they may not have scored 13 in the 2nd against any other team, they probably would have won facing most. Steinbrenner is about ready to kill someone now, and his team had to get it together. Don't be surprised if and when they sweep.

But giving up 8 runs to the D-Rays is pretty embarassing. :)

techsoldaten
04-19-2005, 01:03 PM
We beat up on the D-Rays and it seemed to have turned us around, I see no reason why it can't do the same for the Yankees....
But giving up 8 runs to the D-Rays is pretty embarassing. :)

You said it, not me. They gave up 8 runs against a team they shoud have shut out.

Now, why are the Yankees coming apart? It's simple, really. All their all-stars are getting old. Tino is old. Bernie is old. Matsui is old for a japanese ballplayer. Mussina is old (I used to watch him pitch when Cal Ripken was still new to the league). Kevin Brown may not be that old, but I think his body has been ravaged through years of street fights with walls, stop signs, mailboxes, trees and other inanimate objects. Gary Sheffield may not be old, but his little Hitler moustache reveals he's a 1930's man trying to play in the new century (meaning he's old at heart and probably will be complaining about kids on his lawn before too long instead of doing anything productive). Giambi is not old, but they will come up for reliable tests for HGH soon - he's living on borrowed time. Jeter is not old, but we kind of like him and think he will make a good Red Sox someday when he's ready to stop playing with a bunch of geezers. ARod is not old, but he suffers from a sustained adolesence marked by inappropriate behaviors and the inability to express what he thinks in a meaningful way - the frustrations of having to carry a boy's mentality in a man's body are catching up to him and rendering him ineffective as anything besides a rodeo clown (thinking he will be working in a 7-11 after he blows all his money on arcade games someday).

The only straight up, dependable guy the Yankees have is Posada. I hate him for the things he has done but can't fault him for doing his job. Which is why I suspect there's something behind the scenes about him, psychopaths only relate to other psychopaths. Maybe he's connected, you know, *rubs the nose* one of the guys. Or a cannibal, I could also see that.

M

schillingouttheks
04-19-2005, 09:02 PM
Guys, when was the last time we posted 19 runs against the D-Rays? Saying the Yanks should have shut them out is like saying we should have scored 19...just give the Yanks their credit, 19 runs against a MAJOR LEAGUE TEAM, NO MATTER WHAT SKILL LEVEL, is still impressive. ESPECIALLY when 13 of them are by the 2nd inning.

techsoldaten
04-20-2005, 09:41 PM
Guys, when was the last time we posted 19 runs against the D-Rays? Saying the Yanks should have shut them out is like saying we should have scored 19...just give the Yanks their credit, 19 runs against a MAJOR LEAGUE TEAM, NO MATTER WHAT SKILL LEVEL, is still impressive. ESPECIALLY when 13 of them are by the 2nd inning.

The Yankees put up more than that against the World Series Champion Boston Red Sox last year, then committed the worst choke in sports history. Past performance, in their case, is no indication of future returns - the fact that they are highly talented old people does not change the fact they are fragile, vulnerable and can be contained like waste in a colostomy bag.

M

BigPapiEnFuego
04-20-2005, 09:49 PM
Red Sox put up 14 in the first inning against the marlins in 03', remember? ITs was against carl pavano too.

Bragging rights are ours.

yeszir
04-20-2005, 10:31 PM
Red Sox put up 14 in the first inning against the marlins in 03', remember? ITs was against carl pavano too.

Bragging rights are ours.
10 before the first out was recorded. I was there. :)

BigPapiEnFuego
04-20-2005, 10:39 PM
i wish i could of been there! I had went to the Detriot Tigers game a few days before when D-Low pitched like 8 shutout innings.

yankeessuck013
04-21-2005, 10:07 AM
in other yankee news, by the end of the year they will owe over $30 million in luxury taxes...the red sox (2nd highest payroll in league) owe just $1 million.

Gertie
04-21-2005, 03:54 PM
Isn't $30 mill more than the total payrolls for one or two teams?

Sizzlin22
04-21-2005, 04:14 PM
The Yankees played well that night. When you're up by that many runs you pitch differently and youre bound to give up a few. If i remmeber correctly when we pummeled the marlins we gave up more than 8.

techsoldaten
04-21-2005, 06:10 PM
in other yankee news, by the end of the year they will owe over $30 million in luxury taxes...the red sox (2nd highest payroll in league) owe just $1 million.

Thus making them not only the most expensive POS team in all of baseball, but making them a candidate for the most expensive POS anything ever.

It amazes me these guys are so bad. The being old thing aside, I know that off-field romanaces can sometimes lead to this kind of slip in performance. Thus, to really understnad what is going on, it's time to scrutinize the relationship between ARod and Jeter a little closer. Is it possible this new stud Pavano has come between them and the constant bickering is breaking the team apart? Or maybe that 'Randy' Johnson fell in love with ARod years ago and is doing a Count of MonteCristo on Jeter?

Don't know the answers yet, all we can do is speculate. I am keeping an eye out for revealing clues in the press.

M

schillingouttheks
04-21-2005, 06:45 PM
You rip on the Yankees like it's your job. Yes, so far they are incredibly bad, but I doubt you will be saying that when September rolls around. They are too good to continue this way. They will turn it around. It's only been what? 14 or 15 games? Still ~145 left to go...woohoo.

techsoldaten
04-22-2005, 10:24 AM
You rip on the Yankees like it's your job. Yes, so far they are incredibly bad, but I doubt you will be saying that when September rolls around. They are too good to continue this way. They will turn it around. It's only been what? 14 or 15 games? Still ~145 left to go...woohoo.
Why, yes, it is my job to rip on the Yankees. I take great delight in seeing the tables turned on them at this point in the season.

You're right, in September it could be a whole different story. But for now, the most expensive collection of guys in baseball ever are getting beaten up on by smaller clubs. Whereas the Sox, the good guys, are throwing back to back shut outs and coming alive as a team.

M

schillingouttheks
04-22-2005, 05:31 PM
'Tis very true...all I'm saying is that the Yankees aren't as bad as everyone is saying. Yes, they've been performing that way, but they're gunna explode soon enough.

schillingouttheks
04-22-2005, 09:22 PM
Well well well...we lost to Tampa Bay. The same Tampa Bay team that the Yankees put up 19 against and what did we say? "Whatever." We looked fucking horrible tonight. So the next time you laugh at the Yankees for losing to the Rays, remember this night...it was bitter and ugly.

I don't like the Yankees either, but I hate hypocricy. Just pointing it out. So if you laugh at the Yankees and say "whatever they beat the Rays" and we lose and you're just like "whatever," remember tonight and how shitty we played.

element1151
04-22-2005, 09:39 PM
Every team is going to lose to every team eventually. No one is going to go undefeated against a team in their division, too many game you have to win to make that happen.

You win some, you lose some.

Sox fan in Tex
04-22-2005, 11:31 PM

The Yankees just lose more than they win. http://www.talksox.com/forum/images/smilies/laugh.gif

schillingouttheks
04-23-2005, 12:07 PM
Every team is going to lose to every team eventually. No one is going to go undefeated against a team in their division, too many game you have to win to make that happen.

I know. I'm just saying that everyone making such a big deal out of New York beating Tampa Bay by 19 and not caring about it and saying "congrats its the D-Rays." I woulda wanted to put up 19 last night.

yankeessuck013
04-23-2005, 09:42 PM
they are OVERRATED!!!!

too much hype coming in from the offseason and nothing to show for it...

adn everybody from the Dark Side criticized Theo for bringing in Clement and Wells...

from what I have seen so far, it looks like Theo was smart after all..

plus the re-signing of Varitek helped of course... Clement even said himself that he let Jason call his game for him...

and he looked downright NASTY against Balt. the other night.. as did Wells ...

how do the O's pound the living SH*T outta the MFY's and then the Sox new pitchers (who ALL Yankee "fans" were laughing at when we got 'em) SHUT THEM OUT FOR 2 STRAIGHT???

I'll tell ya why...

Theo knows what the hell he's doing.

Yanksin2010
04-23-2005, 10:38 PM
The Yankees just lose more than they win. http://www.talksox.com/forum/images/smilies/laugh.gifAin't that the truth. Yankees will miss the playoffs. You heard it here first.

element1151
04-23-2005, 10:43 PM
Looks like that Yankee collapse I call for every year is finally happening...

yeszir
04-24-2005, 10:21 AM
The last time the Yankees had an equally bad start to the year was in 1997, the last year that they did not win the Al East. Can you imagine? 200+ million dollars and they can't even win the division!?

YANKEESRULE
04-24-2005, 12:04 PM
Ya know every year the Yanks start like this. Every damn year give or take a game or two. Every damn year they start like this and that's what everyone fails to realize. I think Wright going down is the best thing that could have happen(and no I don't wish injury on anyone) but we have some great minor league pitchers on our Columbus team. Hopefully wright can get his head right. Know if only we can get Brown to GO AWAY!!!!!!

Sizzlin22
04-24-2005, 03:04 PM
Ya know every year the Yanks start like this. Every damn year give or take a game or two. Every damn year they start like this and that's what everyone fails to realize. I think Wright going down is the best thing that could have happen(and no I don't wish injury on anyone) but we have some great minor league pitchers on our Columbus team. Hopefully wright can get his head right. Know if only we can get Brown to GO AWAY!!!!!!As i said in the Sheff stirs it up thread look at the Yankees rotation its not that good I truely believe this is not jsut a funk. I truely belelieve they may miss the playoffs.

yankeessuck013
04-24-2005, 03:11 PM
As i said in the Sheff stirs it up thread look at the Yankees rotation its not that good I truely believe this is not jsut a funk. I truely belelieve they may miss the playoffs.

they only play good when gerogie gets mad at them....

YANKEESRULE
04-24-2005, 11:26 PM
They'll make the playoffs. Johnson pitch a gem. Pavano just pitched a gem. Mussina showed a good outing as did our bullpen and we just improved it. We'll be fine.

Varitek33
04-30-2005, 05:43 PM
Looks like that Yankee collapse I call for every year is finally happening...

:thumbsup:

Sizzlin22
04-30-2005, 06:55 PM
Ain't that the truth. Yankees will miss the playoffs. You heard it here first.
Actually I said that last week in 2 different threads but whatever.