PDA

View Full Version : Lowe to Walk

CrespoBlows
05-10-2004, 06:00 PM
According to foxsports.com, the chances of Derek Lowe being resigned are slim to nil. The Sox say his best days are behind him.

yeszir
05-10-2004, 06:03 PM
I say it too! All this contract stuff has gotten to his head. He (or someone who works for him) thinks he's worth a lot more than he is, and it is affecting his pitching. Scott Boras ruins another one....

But on a side note, he really hasn't been his past self this year. It's been one crappy start after another one. This guy threw a no hitter two years ago and was DAMN close to winning a cy young. I dont really understand it. :blink:

TheFens
05-10-2004, 06:29 PM
Yea, the way he pitched last night, let him walk! He isnt worth the x million dollars he wants. Maybe if he continues to tank, the price would go down, and then Theo can realize that he may get better and sign him for a lower price.

But I hope he just walks. You bitch about money and I hate you.

roary
05-11-2004, 08:48 PM
Best days are behind him.... hmmmm. reminscent of Roger Clemens anyone? But if its between Lowe or Pedro, I choose Pedro, especially after tonight.

Old Hoss
05-12-2004, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by roary@May 11 2004, 08:48 PM
Best days are behind him.... hmmmm. reminscent of Roger Clemens anyone? But if its between Lowe or Pedro, I choose Pedro, especially after tonight.
Yeah, compare Lowe to Clemens. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Zenny
05-12-2004, 03:07 PM
A Scott Boras client with a big mouth and a shaky mental attitude not returning to his former team?!? Pinch me, I must be dreaming.