PDA

View Full Version : BH Kim

YanksHater213
05-10-2004, 07:31 PM
Overrated or 2 bad outings?

yeszir
05-10-2004, 07:34 PM
Not overrated, underrated. He just hasnt matured yet, or hit his groove. He'll do great things in the future, you watch!

I dont think he should be #5 right now, Bronson has been pitching better. He will eventually get a spot in SOME rotation, relatively high up. Mark my words!

Gravey
05-11-2004, 10:46 AM
Trade him, he sucks.

westrnmassfan
05-11-2004, 01:14 PM
he's pithcing like he's still hurt no power behind anything

roary
05-11-2004, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Gravey@May 11 2004, 11:46 AM
Trade him, he sucks.
You say this now... He'll be a great starter in the years to come, you'll see.

JMDurron
05-11-2004, 04:09 PM
Send him to the minors for the rehab starts that he should have gotten in the first place. With Arroyo being a servicable #5, I don't see any need to rush Kim back like we seem to have done. Kim can talk about feeling fine all he wants, but he clearly isn't when he tops out at 86-88 MPH.

PS - To answer the initial question...both. He's not going to be the star #2/#3 starter we wanted, nor is he as bad as he has pitched recently.

yawkeyway
05-11-2004, 05:45 PM
What Kim needs, as JM just pointed out, is the time to get his stuff back. Throwing an 82 mph fastball is not major league pitching, I don't care who you are. Minors until its back up high eighties at least. Plus, with that submarine style delivery the ball tends to rise on hitters, making any slow fastball a meat pitch.

He can get it back together though, I'm confident.

Gertie
05-17-2004, 04:05 PM
I agree tha he needs time, but I'm not sure he's cut out to be a starter. His motion throws hitters off the first time they see him, but after that they adjust (as we've seen) and they can pound him.

Conig2
05-17-2004, 05:23 PM
Why was this guy good already in the Majors, and now hes struggling like a rookie whos not ready yet? Is it his injury? He should be a good young pitcher when he gets it together, but again, why has he lost it so much?

TheFens
05-18-2004, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Gertie@May 17 2004, 05:05 PM
I agree tha he needs time, but I'm not sure he's cut out to be a starter. His motion throws hitters off the first time they see him, but after that they adjust (as we've seen) and they can pound him.
He's much more cut out to be a starter than he is to be a closer. His mentality just isnt befitting of a reliever, kind of like our friend Derek Lowe. I stick by my guns that he'll be a good starter in the next few years. The sox hanging on to him until then is a different story, but you never know.