PDA

View Full Version : Red Sox Streaky...

ACL BoSox
05-10-2004, 08:58 PM
The Red Sox have been streaky this year, and can't seem to stay consistent with their gameplay. Do you attribute this to bad road trips, double headers, or is it just the way it is?

yeszir
05-10-2004, 09:02 PM
Personally, I attribute it to the crazy schedule we've had. We dont play a game for 4 days, and then we have 2 double headers in 4 days. It throws the rhythm off, ya know? Pitchers get messed up, hitters fall into slumps, and then go 6-6 the next day. Its crazy. Hopefully mother nature treats us well from now on.

JMDurron
05-11-2004, 10:33 AM
Personally, I think that some streakiness is just how the game is. The only other factor that strikes me as something that could have added to it is the 2 doubleheaders in 3 days at the start of the losing streak.

TheFens
05-11-2004, 03:06 PM
Streakiness is part of the game, but I attribute that 5 game losing streak against TX and CLE to the double headers. Not playing at all and then playing twice in one day can really get to you. It's like jet lag, ya know? It messes with your internal systems.

TheFens
05-15-2004, 09:32 AM
A quotation from Johnny Damon giving insight on the situation:

"Our schedule has been awful and we've been playing really bad, so the day off is going to be huge. We're tired and when you get tired, you start making mental mistakes. A few more errors come into play, your defense isn't as sharp and you start swinging at pitches over your ear. We're tired, but … we'll be fine."

Coming from a player, so I guess its the reason!

67Bleachers
05-18-2004, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by ACL BoSox@May 10 2004, 09:58 PM
The Red Sox have been streaky this year, and can't seem to stay consistent with their gameplay. Do you attribute this to bad road trips, double headers, or is it just the way it is?
It doesn't matter right now. At this writing, Anaheim is battling the MFY's 0-0 in late innings and MFY's Vasquez, (however his name is spelled), is not giving up.

It's past midnight (EST) and I can't believe I am still up watching MFY's vs Angels.

As the TV announcer just said, "Who's gonna make the first mistake?" to win this game.

I need to go to bed and ready for work tomorrow and the Red Sox better be damn ready for Anaheim when they meet. The Angels are TOUGH.

Go Bosox.

Old Hoss
05-19-2004, 02:23 AM
Maybe by the time Boston plays the Angels, Anaheim/California/Los Angeles (whatever they're called this week) won't have enough players to assemble a team. :lol: