PDA

View Full Version : info?

elsrbueno
05-18-2005, 09:33 AM
Does anyone know where I can find a list of potential 2005-2006 free agents?

RedSoxRooter
05-18-2005, 09:56 AM
check the second post down.

http://www.ballparkguys.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=41;t=004746;p=

elsrbueno
05-18-2005, 10:03 AM
thanks.

I had no idea that Embree AND Timlin were both up for free agency next year.

soxie thefangirl
05-18-2005, 10:44 AM
Wake isn't anymore right?

elsrbueno
05-18-2005, 01:34 PM
Nope. He's signed an extension that basically makes him a Red Sox until he retires.

Sizzlin22
05-18-2005, 07:45 PM
TImlin and Embree are both getting old anyways we need new relievers.

Sox fan in Tex
05-18-2005, 08:12 PM
BOSTON (9): Johnny Damon, of; Alan Embree, lhp; m-John Halama, lhp; Matt Mantei, rhp; Kevin Millar, 1b; Bill Mueller, 3b; Jay Payton, of; Mike Timlin, rhp; Tim Wakefield, rhp.

I say Halama, Millar and Timlin go. I think we re-sign Damon (unless he's asking for huge $$$), Mantei (he's underrated), Mueller, Embree and Payton.

Zenny
05-18-2005, 09:20 PM
I say Halama, Millar and Timlin go. I think we re-sign Damon (unless he's asking for huge $$$), Mantei (he's underrated), Mueller, Embree and Payton.
I don't see us keeping any of them, save for maybe one or two depending on moves we make prior to these. For the most part, they are interchangable pieces (Timlin, Embree, Halama, Payton, Mantei), players that can be readily replaced (Mueller, Millar) or huge salaries that are potentially crippling (Damon).

YanksHater213
05-19-2005, 04:30 AM
Damnon has been playing pretty damn well though.

Sox fan in Tex
05-19-2005, 07:05 AM
Damon has been playing VERY well, but I'm just hoping he doesn't ask for Carlos Beltran-like money.

YanksHater213
05-19-2005, 09:02 AM
Honestly, I dont think he is that stupid. He will ask for a pretty nice increase, but I think that he wants to stay, and wont demand Beltran-like money

RedSoxRooter
05-19-2005, 09:14 AM
I'd keep Timlin.

soxie thefangirl
05-19-2005, 10:30 AM
Damon wants more years than the Sox would be willing to give him, he said so himself. which is why I doubt he'll be back. out of Mueller, Millar and Damon, Larry said, on the radio, he doesn't see Damon back.

stocker323
05-19-2005, 02:02 PM
Damon wants more years than the Sox would be willing to give him, he said so himself. which is why I doubt he'll be back. out of Mueller, Millar and Damon, Larry said, on the radio, he doesn't see Damon back.
Exactly. Damon's agent is Scott Boras, who was the one who started the Varitek negotiations at 5 years. The Sox won't want to give Damon 4 years let alone 5, and it's not like last year where there weren't many teams in the Catcher market. I see some team taking a risk and signing Johnny for 5 years. Add that to the fact that Hanley may be ready for next year I think it's a no brainer.

Zenny
05-19-2005, 05:14 PM
If Damon lowers it to three, he's returning. Anything more and he won't be back.

elsrbueno
05-20-2005, 10:27 AM
Whether or not Johnny comes back will be a direct result of his demands. Like Varitek, the first thing he'll have to do is give up on his 5 year demand.

Unlike Varitek, the Sox no doubt see Damon as a replacable player.

Anyone who reads anything I write knows my feelings towards Kevin Millar. I sincerely hope he does not return.

I respect Bill Mueller and appreciate the way he plays the game and his contribution to the Sox, but with his durability issues and below average production I don't see the Sox investing much on him next season (especially considering that they look committed to Kevin Youkilis as their future 3B)

My guess is that Payton won't be back unless the team has a major shakeup. Jay's going to want to be an everyday player, and if the Sox can't give it to him, he'll seek another job. Although, if the Sox don't sign Damon, Payton might be a cheaper alternative....

If Matt Mantei continues to dominate, he'll be offered a closer's job and more money SOMEwhere next year, so I don't see him coming back.

Timlin and Embree aren't getting any younger. Timlin's having a good year and Embree has been better of late. The Sox may bring them back if they have reasonable demands, but they shouldn't break the bank to do it. Halama's nothing special, and all three of these guys are easily replaced.