PDA

View Full Version : ryan phillips and jason smith

waayyy back
06-04-2005, 09:42 AM
Hi guy's Im new to the forum and had a question about phillips and smith. I know smith was alocal guy from bourne. but nothind has been said about them. Any info would be great thanks glenn.

Zenny
06-04-2005, 10:10 AM
Phillips was the Sox 11th round pick in the last draft and Smith was their 49th rounder from '03. Phillips is a big lefty from a small community college in Oklahoma. He's still in the organization, but I don't know where the Sox are going to put him. Probably for Lowell when their season starts.

As you mentioned, Smith was a local kid down the Cape from Bourne High. He's no longer in the Sox organization because I don't think he ever signed being picked that late (probably because he already had a committment to a school), but I don't know where he went to college.

schillingouttheks
06-04-2005, 03:40 PM
If you have any questins concerning prospects, Zenny is definitely your primary source to them.

stevece80
06-05-2005, 07:49 PM
As you mentioned, Smith was a local kid down the Cape from Bourne High. He's no longer in the Sox organization because I don't think he ever signed being picked that late (probably because he already had a committment to a school), but I don't know where he went to college.

Smith signed. He had no committment to college, because USF kicked him to the curb when they found out he fudged his transcript. A former co-worker, who coached against him in Senior Babe Ruth on the Cape, said the kid had some personal issues and his stock had plummeted between his junior and senior year of high school. He was once touching 95, and was throwing high 80s as a senior.