PDA

View Full Version : New guy here

DirtDog
06-27-2005, 04:25 PM
Our records indicate that you have not yet posted at Talksox. Why not make your first post today by saying hello to our community in our Introduce Yourself forum.

Sounds like a plan. Here I am. I've been on other boards, looks like there is some quality discussion on this one. Hello all.

btw hopefully you guys like my avatar.
:D

stocker323
06-27-2005, 04:33 PM
Your avatar rules, but Joe and Muzz is better than Bellhorn and Muzz, but any mention of the Bruins makes me a fan of you to begin with. I didn't know we had that message directing to post in the intro forum. Interesting. Well welcome to the site.

DirtDog
06-27-2005, 04:36 PM
I'm not a big hockey fan, but I think the Bruins might have a shot at the cup next year the way their roster is shaping up...

I just like the avatar because I always thought Bellhorn looked like a hockey player and reminded me a bit of Thornton. I think he gives the Sox that Dirt Dog mentality that Varitek, Nixon and even Manny bring to the table every day.

yeszir
06-27-2005, 04:44 PM
Welcome to Talksox. And Bellhorn does look like a hockey player, now that I think of it.

Soxfan#1
06-27-2005, 04:48 PM
Hey welcome to talksox.

riverside sluggers
06-27-2005, 04:54 PM
welcome dirtdog, sure youll have fun on thses boards.. just couple of things to be warned, gets addicting to post on here, haha, plus of course yanks fans like to frequent the boards and down talk our boys saying ridiculous reasons why the sox won last season. get this YANKEESRULE said Schilling is Boston's cancer, so yea theyre kinda moronic of course. have fun and Go Sox!!!!

DirtDog
06-27-2005, 05:13 PM
welcome dirtdog, sure youll have fun on thses boards.. just couple of things to be warned, gets addicting to post on here, haha, plus of course yanks fans

Oh I know what it's like. I currently talk on patriotsplanet.com (strongly recommend for any Pats fans). Probably my favorite internet forum. A lot of informed posters and a lot of colts and steelers trolls that come on looking like idiots for some good entertainment. I also post on realgm for some Celtics banter. Thought I'd find a good Red Sox place to chat about our world champs and this place looks like a good place.

I'm only 19, not sure what kind of general age people are on this, but I assure you I've been an avid Sox fan my whole life and I know what I'm talking about.

DirtDog
06-27-2005, 05:14 PM
I also like the layout here with the quick replies and quick edits. I'll be sure to stick around.

yeszir
06-27-2005, 05:27 PM
Patriotsplanet looks sweet, if I were more of a pats fan I'd definitely sign up over there. Maybe you could invite the sox fans from over there to Talksox? And I'm glad you like the way things are set up. :D

riverside sluggers
06-27-2005, 05:35 PM
yea haha, plus we did get the phillies fan blasting us while our boys swept their team. think still pissed how the pats got the best of the eagles

Sox fan in Tex
06-28-2005, 01:16 AM
I'm only 19, not sure what kind of general age people are on this, but I assure you I've been an avid Sox fan my whole life and I know what I'm talking about.

Sounds about right. The average age here is fairly young, I'd guess the average age would be somewhere around 18 or 19. That would be my best guess, atleast. Welcome to the site.

riverside sluggers
06-28-2005, 02:40 PM
yea i just turned 22. im lovin each of the games im able to see this year so far. in past id every now and then watch a game of theirs. but very ironically. last march i decided right there and then to watch every sox game including the spring training games that started off before the 2004 season, man what a ride and what a season to start watching their games faithfully--been that way now with goin to fenway, my 2nd home almost, sundays game againt tornoto will be my 12th since april ah how sweet it is :)

Soxfan#1
06-28-2005, 04:41 PM
I just signed up there. I am a big pats fan but im not as big on stats. Give me some help there dirtdog. Patsfan#1.

DirtDog
06-29-2005, 03:19 PM
I just signed up there. I am a big pats fan but im not as big on stats. Give me some help there dirtdog. Patsfan#1.

I am Uncle_Tom_Brady, if you need to know.