PDA

View Full Version : question for you

cwsreddy
07-04-2005, 05:24 PM
hi all. im here about that whole 32nd man thing. i know you guys probably arent even worrying about it since none of your guys are up there but at the same time i'm sure you guys dont wanna see jeter get voted in right? well i was wondering if any of you would be willing to take a bit of time to vote for scott podsednik. aside from being from my team i seriously think he could help the AL team this year, what with the game being in Comerica park - where homers might not come too easily. So it ups the chance that we win and keeps jeter out (who i hate as well). so from one yankee hater to a whole nother group of em, lets keep out jeter!

by the way congrats on your world series win this year and i hope to see you guys in the playoffs, you have a great club!

-Reddy

YanksHater213
07-04-2005, 05:33 PM
Begging for votes are we...

cwsreddy
07-04-2005, 05:39 PM
not so much begging as ... ok fine begging if you like, but what have you got to lose?

YanksHater213
07-04-2005, 05:42 PM
He does deserve it though... but I am waaaaaaaaaaay to lazy to vote... ok, so, he has my vote in spirit. MLB.com really fucks my computer up.

schillingouttheks
07-04-2005, 06:17 PM
I don't HATE Jeter, I respect him. Plays the game with the right mentality, and just wants to win. I would much rather see Jeter playing there, but Tejada will obviously get the start :( What can I say, I'm not mad about that :D Jeter's the type of dude that you hate only when he's wearing a Yankee uniform. If I saw him outside I'd walk up to him, skake his hand and tell him I respect him even though I don't like him :o

However, I HATE the fact that A-Rod, that classless, lowlife, son of a bitch is starting <_< Much rather would have had Jeter at SS than Ass-Wipe (yes, I know it's weird, but I hate that bastard) at 3B. Oh well...at least his stats could help us win. And now that I think about it...wasn't Shea Hillenbrand isn't/wasn't Shea Hillenbrand having an All-Star potential year? I believe I voted for him partially for my hatred of A-Rod but also because he really WAS doing vey well :dunno:

schillingouttheks
07-04-2005, 06:18 PM
By the way, I do realize I'm starting to get a little gay with the smileys...

BUT FUCK A-ROD AHHHH :rant:

Youk Of The Nation
07-04-2005, 06:41 PM
Fuck A-Rod indeed. I'd vote a write-in ballot for Don Zimmer at third before I'd vote A-Hole.

RedSoxRooter
07-04-2005, 06:43 PM
OK. When I vote, I'll vote Podsednik!

cwsreddy
07-04-2005, 06:51 PM
I don't HATE Jeter, I respect him. Plays the game with the right mentality, and just wants to win. I would much rather see Jeter playing there, but Tejada will obviously get the start :( What can I say, I'm not mad about that :D Jeter's the type of dude that you hate only when he's wearing a Yankee uniform. If I saw him outside I'd walk up to him, skake his hand and tell him I respect him even though I don't like him :o

However, I HATE the fact that A-Rod, that classless, lowlife, son of a bitch is starting <_< Much rather would have had Jeter at SS than Ass-Wipe (yes, I know it's weird, but I hate that bastard) at 3B. Oh well...at least his stats could help us win. And now that I think about it...wasn't Shea Hillenbrand isn't/wasn't Shea Hillenbrand having an All-Star potential year? I believe I voted for him partially for my hatred of A-Rod but also because he really WAS doing vey well :dunno:

you guys seems pretty classy around here, this post really struck me. anyway thanks for all the responses and whether or not you vote for pods, thanks and good luck the rest of the season! kick those yankee asses!

schillingouttheks
07-04-2005, 07:48 PM
Struck in a good way or bad way? Lol, we all are classy but find one post on here that supports A-Rod. (Of course, not from a Yankee fan)

But I'm debating between if you meant what you actually typed, or just forgot to put a "but" between "...classy around here, this post..." :dunno: But anyway, ...erm yea.

yankees228
07-04-2005, 11:08 PM
One questions, that slap of Bronson Arroyo's arm not withstanding, why do you guys hate A-Rod so much. If I remember correctly
every Red Sox fan wanted him a couple of years ago.

schillingouttheks
07-04-2005, 11:31 PM
When we realized how high he had his nose in the air and when he was talking to Arroyo when he got plunked (that great A-Rod-Tek fight) kinda did it for me. He walks around and he's like "look at me I'm the great A-Rod all bow down." I just find him to be the most classless, arrogant son of a bitch (except for Sheffroids). A-Rod talked to Arroyo when he didn't need to when he got hit. Arroyo was known for hitting batters. There was no past beef between the two, yet you can't hit A-Rod because he might get hurt!!

He's an MLB, he should act like it and find some way to humble himself. He's self-absorbed, to say the least. I think he's a great player, who puts up great numbers and will be in the HOF. I don't think he's a nice guy. That's why I hate him.

ARod2212
07-04-2005, 11:41 PM
Jetuh!

schillingouttheks
07-04-2005, 11:45 PM
Yes, Jetah, I like him, good guy, classy, plays the game right. The only thing wrong with him is he's a Yankee...

Tek4pres
07-04-2005, 11:49 PM
I don't hate Jeter. I hate the broadcasters who talk about him like they want to make out with him after the game (see McCarver, Tim).

CWSReddy, I actually was expecting a post like this showing up on here to slight the Yanks. Podsednik is certainly deserving no matter what. I watch a lot of Chicago games and he's the kind of guy that does everything it takes to win. An amazing talent.

Yanks228. I think that you are slightly right in calling for material evidence of why Sox fans hate A-Rod, especially after so many of them openly coveted him even at the price of getting rid of Manny and Nomar. Part of it is media-manufactured from those interviews that came out during spring training where reporters went back and forth to the two clubhouses baiting the players for quotes about A-Rod. Personally, I respect and fear his talent, but he seems kind of like a prima donna. I'm sure that's partly a view through Boston-colored glasses, but he's seems like he's exactly the opposite type of guy than most of the current Sox players and from a large sect of the middle class fan base. He's certainly doesn't seem like the kind of guy I would want to grab a beer with. Plus, the slap is only half the story. There's the number of interviews that came about after the slap that had A-Rod calling it a good heads-up play. They make him seem stubborn and dishonest. If that was Kevin Millar, he'd say he had a brain fart and admit he made a mistake.

What makes me wonder is why more Yankees' fans don't hate A-Rod. He seems exactly the opposite of the Paul O'Neil team-first kind of guys that won you all those titles.

cwsreddy
07-05-2005, 01:37 AM
whats funny is that i threw in the anti-yankee stuff because i was expecting that to work on you guys but when i said i felt you were classy i meant it. i was surprised at the level-headed responses and i now feel dumb for having expected less. i meant to not have a 'but' between the phrases i typed earlier because the statement struck me in a good way. you're a good bunch of people 'round here. props to ya! thanks again.

cwsreddy

schillingouttheks
07-05-2005, 02:19 PM
o ok...lol. Thanks! Tell that to the Yanks fans on this board :(

yankees228
07-05-2005, 04:05 PM
cwsreddy, I think that it's not Jeter that you should be telling people not to vote for. Matsui is far more deserving of that spot then Jeter in my eyes just because of how many RBI's he has (I think 65) and because of how great he is with runners in scoring position. I think Podsednik is very much deserving of that final spot as well, but if I were to remain un-biased my vote would still go to Matsui.

cwsreddy
07-05-2005, 04:35 PM
just to let you all know, an update came out with Jeter leading Pods by 5,000 votes out of 4 million cast. (they're in 1st and 2nd place respectively) take it how you will but i for one dont think jeter deserves another trip to the allstar game.

yankees228
07-06-2005, 09:22 AM
cwsreddy, I do disagree with you when you say Jeter does not deserve to be on the All - Star team strictly because he leads the AL in runs scored and his on base percentage is around .400. However, I respect your loyalty to your team and each of the players on it, because I feel the same way about the Yankees and each of their players.

schillingouttheks
07-06-2005, 02:51 PM
Well...it's official. Pods has slid past Jeter for the final spot.

soxie thefangirl
07-06-2005, 03:00 PM
Dammit. I voted for Jeter like 30 times.

See Red
07-06-2005, 05:35 PM
cwsreddy, I do disagree with you when you say Jeter does not deserve to be on the All - Star team strictly because he leads the AL in runs scored and his on base percentage is around .400. However, I respect your loyalty to your team and each of the players on it, because I feel the same way about the Yankees and each of their players.

But is it difficult to lead the league in scoring when you have guys like Sheffield, Matsui, and A-Hole hitting behind you? The guy is overrated because ESPN jumps all over his cock whenever he does anything that's even remotely good.

I voted Posednik. A Jeter-less All-Star game sounds great, to me.

Soxfan#1
07-06-2005, 05:47 PM
I respect jeter because he's a good player. I don't hate him just because he's a yankee. That also explains why I don't respect the rest of the yankee roster. :D

JeterWifey213
07-06-2005, 06:07 PM
I can't stand ESPN they are talking a whole bunch of shit about Jeter. I don't think it's a big deal whether or not Jeter goes, he's already gone to six. I still want him to go and represent the AL, cause Yankees/ Sox are the two power houses, but, what bothers me the most is all this crap he's getting about it...I mean, what the hell? What's with all the Jeter hate? It's completely illogical when the guy is one of the elite players and doesn't showboat or self-broadcast (a rarity with athletes these days). It's not his fault the media covers his every move or that plays he makes are overhyped at times, is it?

I love that bit about voting Scott Posednik in as someone useful "in a pinch". Is that supposed to be a shot a Jeter? Um, I don't know what postseason baseball that ESPN has been watching, but I think Jeter is currently known as THE clutch man of this era? He was also All Star MVP in 2000...I don't get writers sometimes. Wow, if you're going to take a shot...make one that will hit.

JeterWifey213
07-06-2005, 06:17 PM
Dammit. I voted for Jeter like 30 times.

I have slept 5 hours in the past 3 days. I have over 1000 Jeterfans voting since sunday. I don'tunderstand how the hell he is losing! :dunno:

ORS
07-06-2005, 06:30 PM
I can't stand ESPN they are talking a whole bunch of shit about Jeter. I don't think it's a big deal whether or not Jeter goes, he's already gone to six. I still want him to go and represent the AL, cause Yankees/ Sox are the two power houses, but, what bothers me the most is all this crap he's getting about it...I mean, what the hell? What's with all the Jeter hate? It's completely illogical when the guy is one of the elite players and doesn't showboat or self-broadcast (a rarity with athletes these days). It's not his fault the media covers his every move or that plays he makes are overhyped at times, is it?

I love that bit about voting Scott Posednik in as someone useful "in a pinch". Is that supposed to be a shot a Jeter? Um, I don't know what postseason baseball that ESPN has been watching, but I think Jeter is currently known as THE clutch man of this era? He was also All Star MVP in 2000...I don't get writers sometimes. Wow, if you're going to take a shot...make one that will hit.
The "pinch" help they are referring to is most likely pinch-running, and Scott Podsednik is the most dangerous player on the base paths this season.

JeterWifey213
07-06-2005, 06:33 PM
I understand the pinch runner thing, but I believe that the stat is that over all the all star games Derek is hitting .700. I want the best chance to win, and in my opinion Jeter is. I know anyone will want him on their team through out the regular season.

cwsreddy
07-06-2005, 06:55 PM

im sorry that wasnt supposed to be a jeter-shot...

stocker323
07-06-2005, 07:48 PM
Pods wins, so White Sox fans you can leave now. Haha, JK. I really could care less what you guys do.

JeterWifey213
07-06-2005, 07:51 PM
Oh well better luck next time, with any luck Pods doesn't play or does something stupid

stocker323
07-06-2005, 08:07 PM
Oh well better luck next time, with any luck Pods doesn't play or does something stupid
I love how in your sig, you want to be friends, and then you try to taunt us a couple lines down.

BeanTown33
07-06-2005, 08:07 PM
since the all star balloting was announced i burned up multiple email addys to vote for the red sox and jeter. then i votedand voted for jeets for the final spot. if he isnt n the team its fine. i mean hed be back up back up catcher anyway. if he even got the chance to play he'd play maybe what, the 9th inning? honestly i just love when hes on the allstar team cuz i can root for him and the sox without getting a bunch of shit cuz hes on my team. i would have liked to see him play, just cuz i love him, but it'll be fine.

and miss wifey, i dont like ur siggy darlin. i thought you loved me????

JeterWifey213
07-06-2005, 09:23 PM
I love how in your sig, you want to be friends, and then you try to taunt us a couple lines down.

Hey I am glad you LOVE my sig, it was meant for amusement, lol. As a Yankee fan it is a pleasure and an honor to be a member of this board, where sarcasm, insults and many other things are exchanged. I just want to add my two cents.

And Cass I do love you, BUT I was born in New York have lived in this city my whole life and I am a Yankee fan. I love you cause you LOVE my Jeety, lol.

And I leave you with this final thought:

What would a world be with out Yankees/ Red Sox?

Go JeteR ( prounounce it correct damn it. There is an R there for a reason! Go SOX, lol!!!!!)

BeanTown33
07-06-2005, 09:39 PM
And Cass I do love you, BUT I was born in New York have lived in this city my whole life
ya and yuou hate mass. how sad. you know u can never live that down. and i feel so used. u only love me cuz i love jeets? and i thought i was ur hoody from massy.
and maybe u havent seen his yankeeography? when he does the little announcement in the beginning, he says, jetuh. even tho i say jeta.i cant help it, born and raised in the bean, lol the letter r isnt in my alphabet

JeterWifey213
07-06-2005, 09:48 PM
You are my Hoody from Massy, lol! I own Yankeeography, lol watch it when we are doing bad. I hear Jeter but it may be cause I speak with my RRRRRs, but I must say the accent kills me I love it!!!!. I know I will never live down my dislike for the state, but it is very pretty. I like the Back Bay ( I think it is called) and the little buildings with the slanted roofs ( i may be wrong, lol) i also like the Macket ( this is my best accent, lol) don't like the chowda, or the beans * gags*!

schillingouttheks
07-06-2005, 09:56 PM
ATTN MODS: I think this can officially go into the crap section...

Bam-Tino
07-06-2005, 10:01 PM
Wasn't it in the crap section to begin with? I'm lost.. Hello anyone?

schillingouttheks
07-06-2005, 10:12 PM
I'm a fucktard. Keith Foulke's wife really knocked me up that bad I guess. ;)

BeanTown33
07-06-2005, 10:13 PM
lol it owuld be mahket wifey. and becareful in back bay, there are the nice parts near where arod saved the kid (cuz he guess he shoulda did it, jackass), and then there is the bad part of backbay.lol

JeterWifey213
07-06-2005, 10:14 PM
Thanks for telling me Cass! LOL Now I know where and where not to go.

Sox fan in Tex
07-06-2005, 10:25 PM
I don't think I really saw any 'bad parts' of Back Bay while I was there, and that's where I stayed.

Youk Of The Nation
07-06-2005, 10:37 PM
Damn, these crap threads really live up to their names, eh?

PS: Jetah sucks.

JeterWifey213
07-06-2005, 10:39 PM

Love the input, it keeps the thread going. :D :thumbsup:

Bam-Tino
07-06-2005, 10:49 PM

Yes and you just keep frequenting them don't you? Wish I had your willlpower...