PDA

View Full Version : Some more fuel to the sox/mfy fire

roary
04-03-2004, 02:01 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/stor..._bob&id=1773524 (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=klapisch_bob&id=1773524)

Article about the rivalry over at Espn.com

FourZeroSix
04-03-2004, 04:06 PM
Because, Pedro Martinez, the most-hated man in the Bronx, will still find a way to deal with the Yankees' offense, even if he really is losing his fastball.

Because Pedro Martinez sent Derek Jeter and Alfonso Soriano to the hospital last year, after hitting them both.

Because Pedro didn't even pretend to be sorry.

Because Pedro body-slammed Don Zimmer.

Because Pedro didn't say he was sorry about that, either.

LOL... He does know that both Jeter and Soriano were swinging, right? And that Clemens put one up by Millar's head just a couple days earlier.

yagmaster
04-03-2004, 04:32 PM
It's funny how so many New Yorkers think that Pedro and the other Sox players are a**holes while their players juice, start fights (i.e. roger and piazza) and make almost twice as much as any other team

yeszir
04-03-2004, 07:56 PM
Yea, I remember the whole 'Redsox and their fans have no class' arguments that were being made. Man, those really pissed me off.

Benny9Sox7
04-03-2004, 08:04 PM
wat really pisses me off is all the yankees and their fans sayin it was Pedros fault for the thin wit Zimmer.... first off Zimmer outweighs pedro by like 100 lbs or so and second of all, zim came charging at pedro, arms wheeling,wat was pedro gona do just sit their and let zimmer hit him...... u stand there and let zimmer charge u and see wat u do

yeszir
04-03-2004, 08:12 PM
Urgh, lets not get back into it. It pissed me off so much back then.

FourZeroSix
04-03-2004, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Benny9Sox7@Apr 3 2004, 08:04 PM
wat really pisses me off is all the yankees and their fans sayin it was Pedros fault for the thin wit Zimmer.... first off Zimmer outweighs pedro by like 100 lbs or so and second of all, zim came charging at pedro, arms wheeling,wat was pedro gona do just sit their and let zimmer hit him...... u stand there and let zimmer charge u and see wat u do
Just one quick comment if I can..

Benny - It is too late to save Pedro. No matter what he does or how he acts from now on people are going to hate him and he's going to be painted as the "bad guy" and as an asshole.