PDA

View Full Version : Njyf

BronxBomber61
07-19-2005, 05:49 PM
Hello

I’m from NJ and I am looking forward to some intelligent conversations with RS fans.

Soxfan#1
07-19-2005, 05:58 PM
See this guy isn't bad for a yanks fan(at least in this post). Welcome to the site.

GabeKaplerluver19
07-19-2005, 06:19 PM
Welcome, I hope he doesn't turn evil on us like some of the other yankees fans on here.

stocker323
07-19-2005, 09:13 PM
They all say that to begin with, we'll see how it goes. Welcome to the site.

Sox fan in Tex
07-19-2005, 09:42 PM
Welcome, Jersey.

schillingouttheks
07-19-2005, 10:34 PM
Yeah. Welcome, as long as you don't post retarded messages, nor be a complete dumbass, you should be fine.

Sizzlin22
07-20-2005, 12:41 AM
Don't be a jackass and you should find intelligent conversation.

schillingouttheks
07-20-2005, 02:10 AM
Heh, this is a warm welcome thread...anyway, welcome to the site. Enjoy yourself :)

BronxBomber61
07-20-2005, 10:20 AM
Yeah. Welcome, as long as you don't post retarded messages, nor be a complete dumbass, you should be fine.

This is a site for RS fans and I will always try to respect that. I’m just here to kick some opinions around but expect some arguments to threads like “Rivera Sucks” or “Jeter can’t play defense”

SchillingIsTheNatural
07-20-2005, 10:28 AM
New Jersey sucks but I can say that cause its where I'm living....this place is a dump can't wait to get back to Boston

Yankeelover328
07-20-2005, 11:17 AM
Welcome to talksox :D

BronxBomber61
07-20-2005, 11:24 AM
New Jersey sucks but I can say that cause its where I'm living....this place is a dump can't wait to get back to Boston

You must live in North Jersey; a lot of good things came from New Jersey. One recent contribution that comes to mind is Al Leiter. :D

SchillingIsTheNatural
07-20-2005, 11:28 AM
oh yes I'm living in North Jersey (that had to be a given)....south is nice but still....ugh....guess you have to really adapt to this place to enjoy it....slow transition but by the team I'm comfortable I'll be leaving and going back to college for a few months....good experience though

As for Leiter....I'm shocked but he must have come from down south cause he is much too nice to be from the north

Missin_Cabrera
07-20-2005, 11:30 AM
i think al leiter was juss pitching off of adreniline...hes to old to do that good in every game he plays

BronxBomber61
07-20-2005, 11:38 AM
i think al leiter was juss pitching off of adreniline...hes to old to do that good in every game he plays

I can’t argue with you about that, I was shocked at how good he was Sunday but we’ll take what we can get if the other option is Fridays Pitchers.

schillingouttheks
07-20-2005, 02:13 PM
I was just as surprised as you when I saw Leiter pitching...holy crap. And also, the Sox have a history of doing bad against pitchers that they've never seen. See: Kyle Davies.

YankeeDoodle
07-20-2005, 03:16 PM
Ok, it's fine to be cynical about any position other than starting pitching. Must tread verrrrry gingerly there...they're very delicate, ya know? If just one more guy goes down...YES might be in negotations to do a "So You Wanna Pitch for the Yankees" open-call audition thing. :D

Maybe Leiter needed a change of scenery than that empty Dolphins Stadium. In what I like to call, anti-RJ-syndrome, perhaps he needs the rush, the pressure, the excitement that comes in NY...would make a nice Cinderella (if word is even appliable to a Yankee player) story, that guy who was brought up by the Yankees, ends his career with the Yankees... :)

^ Yes, it's said in the spirit of Yankee desparation...but it JUST might work! Lightening in a bottle - oh c'mon, give us a frickin' break! Next thing I know someone's gonna have gout! :o

A-Rod...better pick up on that "six-runs per game" thingy you said; if you've noticed Yankee pitching is not exactly the A's. ;)

BronxBomber61
07-20-2005, 09:50 PM
Ok, it's fine to be cynical about any position other than starting pitching. Must tread verrrrry gingerly there...they're very delicate, ya know? If just one more guy goes down...YES might be in negotations to do a "So You Wanna Pitch for the Yankees" open-call audition thing. :D

Maybe Leiter needed a change of scenery than that empty Dolphins Stadium. In what I like to call, anti-RJ-syndrome, perhaps he needs the rush, the pressure, the excitement that comes in NY...would make a nice Cinderella (if word is even appliable to a Yankee player) story, that guy who was brought up by the Yankees, ends his career with the Yankees... :)

^ Yes, it's said in the spirit of Yankee desparation...but it JUST might work! Lightening in a bottle - oh c'mon, give us a frickin' break! Next thing I know someone's gonna have gout! :o

A-Rod...better pick up on that "six-runs per game" thingy you said; if you've noticed Yankee pitching is not exactly the A's. ;)

Hey, even Small came up Big tonight :rolleyes:
But if I was to bet on a Pitcher to turn it around it would be Leiter not Small.

YankeeDoodle
07-21-2005, 11:15 AM
Hey, even Small came up Big tonight :rolleyes:
But if I was to bet on a Pitcher to turn it around it would be Leiter not Small.
Desparation, has set in, on the Yankees front office. Should be very interesting. I still think the SP carries a "highly combustable" warning, until proven consistently, otherwise.