PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Baltimore

bobby jr
07-24-2005, 01:17 PM
Yes I am an Oriole fan but the Red Sox are my second choice in the AL East. If the Orioles don't make win the division, I hope the Red Sox do.

I've been an Oriole fans since 1968 the days of Brooks Robinson and Boog Powell, the glory days of the Orioles.

I was so happy last year to see the Sox come back from 0-3 and beat the Yankees this was one of my favoite baseball memories of all time!

stocker323
07-24-2005, 01:19 PM
Welcome to the site Bobby. It would be nice to see an Oriole fan stick around for a while.

BigPapiEnFuego
07-24-2005, 01:24 PM
Welcome! Nice to see other fans of other teams coming.

bobby jr
07-24-2005, 02:10 PM
Thanks for the welcome. I've bookmarked the site and plan to return. Don't see as much hostility here as on the Yankee forum.

yeszir
07-24-2005, 02:18 PM
Thanks for the welcome. I've bookmarked the site and plan to return. Don't see as much hostility here as on the Yankee forum.
Of course not. What do you take us for, savages? Welcome to the site.

schillingouttheks
07-24-2005, 02:27 PM
Hah, we only hate the dumbass Yankee fans, but we have a good knowledgable crowd of them on here. Enjoy your stay!

BigPapiEnFuego
07-24-2005, 03:21 PM
We only get hostile if someone acts immature or stupid. You seem to be smart and knowledgable so you will have no problem.

bobby jr
07-24-2005, 05:06 PM
The way the Orioles are playing I might be spending more time here rather than depressing myself on the Orioles forum. We just got swept by the D Rays. If the O's can't win the AL East, GO SOX, beat Yankees!

schillingouttheks
07-24-2005, 05:11 PM
And Yankees fans think we are the ONLY people that hate them....

YankeeDoodle
07-24-2005, 05:45 PM
And Yankees fans think we are the ONLY people that hate them....
No, the Mets also do that, too. And the Angels are currently owning us.

Sports would be no fun without that one team to hate on. Oh well.

Hmm, on a positive note I love Baltimore the city. :)

stocker323
07-24-2005, 05:58 PM
Hmm, on a positive note I love Baltimore the city. :)
Eh, the Inner Harbor was nice but I was unimpressed with the rest of the city.

YankeeDoodle
07-24-2005, 06:03 PM
Eh, the Inner Harbor was nice but I was unimpressed with the rest of the city.
LOL, I want to go there for school, that's why I said it.

element1151
07-24-2005, 07:25 PM
Didn't an O's fan come here earlier in the season telling us we were stupid about worring about the Yanks, because the O's were in first.

bobby jr
07-24-2005, 07:25 PM
Check out Camden Yards, the National Aquarium in the Inner Harbor area in Baltimore. Yes that is the best part of the city. But actually I live in Baltimore County although I have a Baltimore mailing address. Baltimore County is huge and lots of nice areas to live.

schillingouttheks
07-24-2005, 07:27 PM
Yeah I do believe Stocker went to a game at Camden, right? I saw your pics, Camden looks REALLY nice. It's known to be nice though, I guess.

bobby jr
07-24-2005, 07:28 PM
Didn't an O's fan come here earlier in the season telling us we were stupid about worring about the Yanks, because the O's were in first.

It looked that way for a long time. But really with the wild card even if the Yankees got hot and won the AL East it seems to me that the Red Sox will win the wild card, the way it looks right now. Not that I have given up on the Orioles yet, there is still a lot of time left and when we get our catcher back Javy Lopez that will make a big difference.

Still getting swept by Tampa Bay is disheartening.

schillingouttheks
07-24-2005, 07:32 PM
Tell me about it, so is getting swept by the Jays :(

Sox fan in Tex
07-24-2005, 07:36 PM
Welcome to the site. You guys have a very good team this year, you're just missing that key ingredient of pitching. I think I'll feel a little bad for Baltimore if they fall out during the second half, but everyone has a series where they play horrible -- being swept by Tampa Bay just happened to be your series.

bobby jr
07-24-2005, 08:10 PM
It's not just the Tampa series the O's have been in a freefall for three weeks. But when I look at the standings we are still just 3 1/2 games out. It seems that no team is taking charge of the AL East this year.

TalkYank
07-24-2005, 08:14 PM
Welcome Bobby Jr. I'm from Maryland too (not near Baltimore) but as you can tell from my messages, my team is the Yanks. Why? Because I grew up in Upstate New York...

Yes I am an Oriole fan but the Red Sox are my second choice in the AL East. If the Orioles don't make win the division, I hope the Red Sox do.

I've been an Oriole fans since 1968 the days of Brooks Robinson and Boog Powell, the glory days of the Orioles.

I was so happy last year to see the Sox come back from 0-3 and beat the Yankees this was one of my favoite baseball memories of all time!

Manny Goes Boom
07-24-2005, 09:48 PM

HAHA, I remember that guy! :lol: I think he posted like MAYBE 10 times and fell off the face of the earth.

MC Hammer
07-24-2005, 10:22 PM
Welcome, and because my favorite player that I've ever seen played for the O's, you'll get no hard feelings from me about rooting for the O's.

Soxfan#1
07-25-2005, 11:25 AM
Thats SEXY321(WHO WOULDNT TURN THE CAPS OFF) and then he changed to orioles something.

Welcome to the sight bob. The o's have really stepped it up. My theory: to compete with the nats.

bobby jr
07-25-2005, 07:05 PM
As bad as the Orioles have been playing, it amazes me they are only 3 1/2 games out of first place.
And there is the wild card too.....if they can only start playing like they did in April.

I drove up to Boston once, went to Fenway Park in the 1980's. 1984 it was. Wanted to see the Green Monster in person. It was easy to buy a ticket then, the Sox were not in the running. It was a late season game in September, a very memorable experience, I hope that Fenway is never replaced.

I drove out to the ocean I think it was called Martha's Vineyard, had some good clam chowder and lobster up there in New England as I recall, but we in Baltimore have you beat on the Old Bay seasoned crabs, which taste even better than lobster.