PDA

View Full Version : NHL Jerseys

yankeessuck013
07-29-2005, 02:07 AM
For anyone who knows anything about hockey, here you go....I think all of these new jerseys in the league blow. I can name at least a half dozen teams that need to go back to the jerseys they were wearing in the early 90's....and I'll do just that

LA Kings- Nice purple and silver ghetto crap..now go back to the Wayne Gretzky era black and silver

Buffalo- I like they current jerseys..but the blue and gold was way better.

Bruins- Get rid of pooh bear 3rd jersey, and go back to plain, good looking Garden era jersey

Flames- yeah yeah, everyone loves their red jersey..but the old 1989 style jersey was still better looking Is it just me or has this team gone through 6 different jerseys since 1989?

Oilers- Nothing really wrong with the current uni's, but go back to 1980's jersey with the colored shoulders. Re-live your glory, or else.

San Jose- Those space monkey suits they wear now are hidious..there was nothing wrong with their first jersey. In fact it was one of the most popular jerseys in the league for several seasons, so why change?

Bonus- Ottawa. The white jersey is great..what the hell is up with the butt ugly Melvin Martian red jersey though? It's something I'd wipe with after I take a #2. Go back to black 1992 jersey. It was hard to read the name and number on the back of them, but who cares? I'd rather have trouble seeing that than go blind due to the ugliness of the red jersey.

yankeessuck013
07-29-2005, 02:09 AM
sabres are hinting at going back to blue and gold....woo hoo!

"Quinn indicated the Sabres are strongly considering a return to a blue-and-gold scheme, but not for this season.

NHL regulations require teams to notify the league of logo and uniform changes a year in advance so merchandise doesn't become obsolete before it can sold.

The Sabres have created multiple in-house uniform designs and are about to evaluate forthcoming designs from Reebok"

this site had some good pictures of the potential new jerseys:

http://www.celsiusdesign.net/sabres/

Irish Jay
07-30-2005, 11:01 PM
I am biased but I do think the Bruins black and gold is the best jersey in the NHL. I also like the Red Wings jerseys a lot. The Leafs have nice jerseys as well. I did like the Sabres old jerseys and logo a lot better as well. I think the mighty Ducks have a pretty lame looking jersey as do the Florida panthers. However those cities should not even have an NHL team.

See Red
07-31-2005, 07:12 AM
I agree with a lot of what you have to say.

The guy who runs the site with the Sabres concepts you linked to actually is a member of a message board I frequent -- It's a sports logos and uniforms forum as I used to want to do sports identity for a living.

His photoshopped pictures are amazing. I wish they'd adopt those uniforms.