PDA

View Full Version : Anibal Sanchez dominates New Britain

CrespoBlows
08-02-2005, 09:05 PM
He went 7 IP's, allowed only 3 hits, and fanned 7. His ERA is now .98 in 4 starts at AA.

http://minorleaguebaseball.com/app/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=milb&did=milb&t=g_box&gid=2005_08_02_nbraax_prtaax_1

ORS
08-02-2005, 09:11 PM
Could you imagine losing this guy and Manny for Mike Cameron and Aubrey Huff?

CrespoBlows
08-02-2005, 09:23 PM
Could you imagine losing this guy and Manny for Mike Cameron and Aubrey Huff?

Lamar = Dumbass

I can't believe he balked on getting those 4 prospects.

YanksHater213
08-02-2005, 09:26 PM
Oh my god Anibal Sanchez completely owns AA.

riverside sluggers
08-03-2005, 06:02 AM
glad the deal didnt go through--can you believe Tampa thought Boston wouldve easily given them Hanley?!

SchillingIsTheNatural
08-03-2005, 08:54 AM
The way things are looking I would rather have Sanchez than Hanley

elsrbueno
08-03-2005, 08:55 AM
Lamar has got to be the worst GM in all of baseball. Seriously. Of course when the Mets give him Kazmir for Zambrano, that gives him more validity for asking the world for his players.

That having been said, this team has been in the league for 7 years now, and hasn't ever had a winning season. You'd imagine even a rebuilding team could have built a decent team in that time. One of the main reasons was brought into light here: Lamar has always had unreasonable asking prices for his players, and as a result rarely makes trades... He could have had some top-flight prospects to go along with a solid core (Baldelli coming back next year, Crawford, Gathright's solid, Upton, Cantu, Young, etc, etc) and augmented the future for this team. However, they're stuck with the likes of Baez and Huff, who will help them now, but that doesn't do them much good 20 games out.

OK, that having been said, I was pretty dissapointed when I heard Theo was looking to package Sanchez in with Arroyo for Burnett, and I'm pretty glad he's still here. He's been absolutely nasty at AA after flying through A ball. He'll probably finish the season out at AA (Maybe a breif stint in AAA) but could probably get an invite to spring training next season with a chance to make the club in the bullpen.

16 hits and 32 K's in only 27.2 innings pitched? That's nasty. He's got a 5:1 strikeout to walk ratio and averages 10.5 K's/9. That's pretty amazing. Of course, a ton of pitchers dominate AA and don't get the job done at the major league level, but it's nice to see such success.

SchillingIsTheNatural
08-03-2005, 12:19 PM
OK, that having been said, I was pretty dissapointed when I heard Theo was looking to package Sanchez in with Arroyo for Burnett, and I'm pretty glad he's still here. He's been absolutely nasty at AA after flying through A ball. He'll probably finish the season out at AA (Maybe a breif stint in AAA) but could probably get an invite to spring training next season with a chance to make the club in the bullpen.

I would have still loved to see AJ Burnett in Red cause I think he has the potential to be one of the best pitchers in baseball. I'm impressed with Sanchez...but he has a ways to go to be in the same class as Burnett

CrespoBlows
08-03-2005, 01:16 PM
For those of you who are unfamilar with Anibal Sanchez, he's a flamethrowing righthander, who has been clocked at 98 mph, but he sits at 92-95 mph. His changeup is fantastic, he throws that around 81-84 mph. He has an improving curveball, which he needs to develop in order to be sucessful, if he doesn't develop it, his future is in the bullpen, if he can, he can be a fanstastic starter. EDIT* Forgot to add that he has outstanding control.

Sanchez's ETA is most likely 2007, he'll probably pitch the rest of the year in Portland, and then probably start there in 06.