PDA

View Full Version : May 31st vs. Baltimore

dirtdogman5
05-31-2004, 09:40 AM
Lowe needs a good start today. I'm talking about 7 innings while ging up less than 4 runs. That would be an ideal start now-a-days for DLowe. Today is a makeup game of one of the rainout games vs. Baltimore in April. Today's game is on ESPN for us out of towners and the gametime is 1:05 I believe. We head to Anaheim for a 2 game series after today.

Zenny
05-31-2004, 10:02 AM
I have a feeling that this game is going to be something like 15-13 after three innings today. D-Lowe just needs to keep his ERA under 9.00 (basically, less than a run an inning) and the Sox might have a chance to win. I wish I was going to the game so I could boo him and his big contract.

CalvnHobs6
05-31-2004, 10:07 AM
Lowe NEEDS to take it easy. He got his first win in a month last time out, and he sucked. Maybe, finally, he'll wake up, realize he sucks, and pitch well.

yeszir
05-31-2004, 10:34 AM
Things aren't looking too good for this game. Players are tired, and Lowe is pitching. We just need to get lucky to win this.

yeszir
05-31-2004, 12:13 PM
And Lowe immediately starts looking bad...

RedSox24
05-31-2004, 01:19 PM
personally i think Lowe is looking better than he has been, for the main reso-n that his sinker is not high in the strike-zone. In his last few starts his sinker ball has been high in the strike-zone, and not sunk that much. Today it has been lowe (haha) in the strike-zone and he has been gettin some ground-outs.

CalvnHobs6
05-31-2004, 03:56 PM
Nope. Derek Lowe, not surprisingly, gave up 7 runs in 5 innings. 4 walks, no K's.

R-Lo was dominating, giving up only 1 run.

yagmaster
05-31-2004, 04:13 PM
This doesn't make sense. Did every team in the American League figure out something that Lowe does that tips his pitches? He might be struggling with control, but he should not be being hit this hard.

yeszir
05-31-2004, 04:19 PM
:angry: :angry: :angry:

CowboyUpYours
05-31-2004, 06:52 PM
Simply pathetic. A beautiful day, no work, free tickets to the suite and it was a Lowe Blow...again. The only thing good that came out of the game today was that I got to park for free because of the holiday. Happy Memorial Day. Let's take a moment of silence and remember Lowe when he was a member of the starting rotation.

JMDurron
05-31-2004, 07:38 PM
The Manchild strikes again. Although, to be fair, he should have been pulled the instant the blister was found to be bleeding, but the game was still pretty much lost by then anyway. This was one of those 54 games that you're just going to lose during a 162-game season.

CalvnHobs6
05-31-2004, 07:44 PM
I think Lowe needs to be put on the DL until he can work out all of his skin shit. Skin cancer, then blisters, soon it's all just gonna fall off. But they can't put him on the DL, because the only emergency starter we have left is Scotty Williamson...and he's on the DL. I dunno if we can bring up any more minor leaguers. Wakefield will just have to pitch two days in a row (which, frighteningly, he may be capable of doing).

yeszir
05-31-2004, 08:06 PM
Where's Rolando Arrojo when you need him? Or Hipolito Pichardo!

YanksHater213
05-31-2004, 08:12 PM
hey, you cant say you didnt expect something like this today...

i almost knew that lowe would blowe today

i didnt see the game today until the 8th inning, but i saw the box score and say he pitched pretty well untill the 6th when he allowed 5