PDA

View Full Version : Howdy

Beaneater
06-02-2004, 12:05 PM
Hello all--

I posted a couple of times already without seeing this Introduction category, so some of this info is repeated from a previous post.

I work most of the time in the little-known country of Benin in West Africa, but my wife and I are back in the States until June '05 or so. (If you're looking for Benin on the map, it's just west of Nigeria, two countries east of Ghana. Pretty obscure.) Our time in the States will hopefully allow me to see more baseball than I do in Africa, which is pretty close to zero.

I acquired the Red Sox gene during my formative years in Maine, went through a few years of not caring much about baseball in general, and then reacquired the habit during the Sox' 1986 WS run. Sad to say, there does exist a photograph of me at about age 8 wearing a Yankees cap, but I assure you that it was just a tragic misunderstanding.

I'm in West Michigan now, which does mean that I get to see live baseball since the West Michigan Whitecaps (Tigers' AA team) play about 25 minutes from here. Yeah, it's not Fenway, but it does provide a regular baseball fix when needed.

Don't ask why I called myself Beaneater -- it has no significance whatsoever. I was up too late and the synapses were firing at random.

yeszir
06-02-2004, 02:28 PM
Hey, welcome, thanks for the formal introduction. Glad you found us. :D