PDA

View Full Version : 2005 NFL Predictions

schillingouttheks
08-08-2005, 04:56 PM
Well, just thought I should start this, predict the final standings, and wildcard predicitions. Playoff predictions...Can't really say because I don't know who would be playing who.
AFC
East:
Patriots
Bills
Jets
Dolphins

North:
Steelers
Ravens
Browns
Bengals

South:
Colts
Texans
Jaguars
Titans

West:
Broncos
Chargers
Raiders
Chiefs

NFC
East:
Eagles
Cowboys
Redskins
Giants

North:
Bears
Packers
Vikings
Lions

South:
Falcons
Buccaneers
Saints
Panthers

West:
Seahawks
Cardinals
Rams
49ers

EDIT: Wildcard teams are (AFC) Bills, Texans (NFC) Cowboys, Buccaneers.

schillingouttheks
08-08-2005, 05:09 PM
AFC East: I say the Bills are second because, as we've seen at the end of last season, they were ready to make a tear for the playoffs, but that fire sparked just a bit too late. They do have a great team, McGahee should prove REALLY effective for this year, and I just still tihnk the Dolphins are a last place team. The Jets, meh, Ty Law will help them, but it's gunna take them another year, IMO. The Pats, well, trust in Belichick! With Bruschi the linebacker coach this year, there's no doubt in my mind he will keep McGinest just as effective as last year, and make Vrabel an even better linebacker. Oh yeah, we also have a guy named Tom Brady, Corey Dillon, and re-signed Troy Brown who can play both ways! Pats take the East, but I'm not sold on them in the playoffs.

AFC North: No surprises there, but I do believe the Browns will finish over the Bengals for one reason: Romeo Crennel.

AFC South: If McNair and the Titans have the problems again like last year, say hello to last place, again. The Texans, over these past few years have increased steadily, and with Carr, Dominick Davis and Andre Johnson leading the offense, they become my prediction for one of the wild card teams this year.

AFC West: Repeat of last year, but I don't think the Chargers do it again. I just feel the Broncos are a superior team to the rest of the division.

NFC East: The Cowboys will come back, but not as good as the Eagles. Even w/o TO, they have won that division in the most recent years. And with Westbrook finally reporting to camp, I think it only gets better for them. Cowboys have Bledsoe back, and with Julius Jones, Terry Glenn, Bledsoe is gunna have some weapons. And oh yeah, that guy named Bill Parcells re-united with Bledsoe. Cowboys = 1 of the NFC's wildcard teams.

NFC North: Surprise, surprise, the Bears will take this division. The Packers last year were a decent team at best, as the NFC wasn't a great conference. This year, the Bears have their defense to lead them. Sure, Grossman is their QB, and a good, high potential one at that, but their defense just has so many weapons. Their D-line is led by Ogunleye, their LB core led by Urlacher (one of THE best linebackers in the game) and their secondary led by McQuarters and Azumah. I will be VERY surprised if this team doesn't come at least in second in their division this year, but I truly think they will take it from the Packers and Vikings. The Vikings were a decent team in a disastrous conference (NFC) last year, and losing Randy Moss doesn't necessarily help their cause. Back to the Bears offense, they have some weapons which can still prove as a threat to any opposing team. Like I said, Rex Grossman can bring a lot to the table, and having a weapon like newcomer Muhsin Muhammad to pass to only makes things better. Oh, also, those guys named Thomas Jones and Cedric Benson. Nice 1-2 punch for their running game. Expect the Bears to make an impact this year.

NFC South: The Panthers, they're going right back down the drain IMO. After last year, and losing Muhammad, I don't see how you can be better. They're gunna need a lot out of Deshawn Foster and Stephen Davis and hope they can stay healthy to make any noise at all. The Falcons...Michael Vick, that's all you really need. Something tells me the Bucs will be good this year, and that they will make the playoffs. It's the NFC..anything can happen.

NFC West: What a dreadful division. What is it with divisions in the west? Especially West divisions that have an "N" in part of their name? (NL West, NFC West) The Cardinals will attempt to make a run for this crappy division's title, but the Seahawks won't relinquish it. The Seahawks will also prove to be another fluke. No one in this division does anywhere in the postseason.

Sox fan in Tex
08-08-2005, 05:25 PM
I'll post my thoughts later, but I'm glad the Texans are earning some respect and you think they will make the playoffs. And as far as the southern oklahoma cowgirls :rolleyes: .... screw 'em. I hope they don't make the playoffs. :thumbsup:

YankeeDoodle
08-08-2005, 06:19 PM
I'll be able to watch Eli and not cringe this season. I hope??

Edit: As in him actually having protection, some of the sacks had to be bone-rattling...

schillingouttheks
08-08-2005, 06:21 PM
I think Archie put too much talent into Peyton for Eli to be able to do anything :lol: Anyway, he's still very young on a not-so-great team. Eli may have a productive season for himself, but I don't feel that it will get the Giants team too far.

YankeeDoodle
08-08-2005, 06:53 PM
They got Plax? And still have Tiki? Ehh, maybe Camp Coughlin might do them some good, and Strahan's back. In the NFC, there's the Eagles (despite the whirling soap opera), Falcons, Panthers maybe, some ppl seem to be big on the Vikings, but other than that, there's not much else. Giants basically threw in the towel for the rest of the season to get Eli some experience.

Well when some of you play Madden, come post your predictions. :lol:

rice for hall
08-08-2005, 08:23 PM
bears? what have you smoked i have them for last and im a bears fan

Sox fan in Tex
08-08-2005, 09:37 PM
I'll give it a shot:

AFC
East:
Pats
J-E-T-S, suck suck suck!
Bills
Dolphins

North:
Steelers
Ravens
Bengals
Browns

South:
Colts
Texans
Titans
Jaguars

West:
Chargers
Raiders
Chiefs
Broncos

NFC
East:
Eagles
Redskins
cowgirls
Giants

North:
Vikings
Packers
Bears
Lions

South:
Falcons
Buccaneers
Panthers
Saints

West:
Seahawks
Rams
Cardinals
49ers

Wildcard teams:
(AFC) Texans, jets
(NFC) Packers, Buccaneers

See Red
08-08-2005, 11:57 PM
AFC
East:
Patriots
Jets*
Bills
Dolphins

North:
Ravens
Steelers*
Bengals
Browns

South:
Colts**
Jaguars
Texans
Titans

West:
Broncos
Chargers
Raiders
Chiefs

NFC
East:
Eagles**
Cowboys*
Redskins
Giants

North:
Vikings
Lions
Packers
Bears

South:
Falcons
Panthers*
Buccaneers
Saints

West:
Seahawks
Cardinals
Rams
49ers

* Wildcard
** Homefield Advantage

MC Hammer
08-09-2005, 06:42 AM
They got Plax?
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHA

You say that like its a good thing

HAHAHAHA

YanksHater213
08-09-2005, 06:42 AM
AFC
East:
Patriots
Jets
Bills
Dolphins

North:
Steelers
Ravens
Bengals
Browns

South
Colts
Jaguars
Texans
Titans

West:
Chargers
Raiders
Broncos
Chiefs

NFC
East:
Eagles
Cowboys
Giants
Redskins

North:
Vikings
Lions
Packers
Bears

South:
Falcons
Panthers
Buccaneers
Saints

West:
Rams
Seahawks
Cardinals
49ers

YankeeDoodle
08-09-2005, 08:34 PM
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHA

You say that like its a good thing

HAHAHAHA
Do you not know that question mark may indicate mild skepticism coupled with a tinge of hope?

Well, I didn't see any WRs on the Giants. Amani Toomer was LITERALLY in the tomb from the way he caught passes, or the lack thereof. Poor Eli, but I'm sure no one in SD has any sympathy. :lol:

Sox Fan on Cape
08-10-2005, 11:51 PM
Pats all the way. Other than that, my two surprise teams are Buffalo and Texas.

yankeessuck013
08-10-2005, 11:59 PM
AFC
East:
Patriots
Bills
Jets
Dolphins

North:
Steelers
Ravens
Bengals
Browns

South
Colts
Texans
Jags
Titans

West:
Chargers
Broncos
Chiefs
Raiders

NFC
East:
Eagles
Cowboys
redskins
giants

North:
Vikings
Packers
Lions
Bears

South:
Falcons
Saints
Bucs
Panthers

West:
Rams
Seahawks
Cardinals
49ers

ARod2212
08-11-2005, 12:21 AM
AFC
East:
Bills
Jets (Wild Card)
Pats
Dolphins

North:
Ravens
Steelers (Wild Card)
Bengals
Browns

South:
Colts
Texans
Jaguars
Titans

West:
Raiders
Chargers
Broncos
Chiefs

NFC
East:
Eagles
Cowboys
Giants
Redskins

North:
Vikings
Lions (Wild Card)
Packers
Bears

South:
Falcons
Panthers (Wild Card)
Buccaneers
Saints

West:
Seahawks
Cardinals
Rams
49ers

Tried to mix it up a bit

Jets-Vikings Super Bowl XL

schillingouttheks
08-11-2005, 12:47 AM
^^^You're entitled. I won't be surprised if the Pats don't make the playoffs. LOTS of questions going into this season.

SchillingIsTheNatural
08-11-2005, 11:26 AM
East:
Patriots (I'm done picking against them)
Jets (Better offensive coordinator will help Chad)
Dolphins (Still an excellent defense and will be able to run better)
Bills (Losman will have to play against the best division 6 times)

North:
Ravens (Possibly the best defense in the league, JL is back)
Bengals (Palmer will have a great year)
Steelers (overrated team will come back to earth, 2nd year struggle for Ben)
Browns (Dilfer at quarterback, enough said)

South:
Titans (McNair, Bennett, Calico, Henry, and Brown...not bad)
Colts (Great offense but still, lack of defense will ruin SB hopes)
Texans (Defining year for David Carr, this may be too high)
Jaguars (If Fred Taylor can stay healthy they would be higher)

West:
Raiders (Randy Moss will be the difference for this team)
Chargers (LT will need to do it again cause Breese may come back to earth)
Chiefs (They can score, but can they stop anyone)
Broncos (Jake Plummer is worthless and he has nobody to throw to)

East:
Eagles (Frustrating camp, everything will be fine when Westbrook shows)
Giants (Manning will show some true colors this year)
Cowboys (I hate Drew Bledsoe)
Redskins (Moss and Jacobs at WR?)

North:
Packers (Explosive offense and a team who plays great at home)
Bears (Should run the ball and play solid defense)
Lions (Too many weapons to not win some games. Give the ball to KJ a lot)
Vikings (No more Moss = No more hope for Daunte and his poor desicion making)

South:
Panthers (Delhomme is better than people think, great D and OL)
Falcons (Vick will win somes games....and lose some games)
Buccaneers (decent all around team..nothing amazing)
Saints (This may be the year Aaron Brooks falls apart)

West:
Cardinals (Time for some Kurt Warner magic, great team at home)
Seahawks (Still not good enough to get over the hump)
Rams (No defense, now an average offense)
49ers (At least they got the smartest player in the draft)

riverside sluggers
08-11-2005, 11:39 AM
yeah ok arod 2212, i dont see pats in 3rd place behind the bills and jets this season. it will though be a close race between the pats and jets

New York Man
08-18-2005, 04:10 PM
Guys! I am going to host a pool here. You predict all of the NFL regular season games. Each pick you get right is a point. Whoever gets the most by the end of the Super bowl wins. I think the Giants will get a Wild Card spot. I am a Giants fan.

CrespoBlows
08-18-2005, 05:13 PM
East

1. Pats- the quicker everyone who isn't a Patriot fan, accept that this team is a machine, then the quicker you'll accept their dominance

2. Bills- Losman should improve the Bills O, he can run, Bledsoe couldn't.

3. Jets- Pennington shoulder is a big red flag

4. Dolphins- need to improve O-Line

North

1. Ravens- best D in league will lead them to division title

2. Steelers- 2nd best D in league will lead them to a Wild Card

3. Bengals- They'll be in the playoffs in '06

4. Browns- They should name this team the Whores, because their paid to blow.

South

1. Colts- this division blows, so this is the only team that can take it.

2. Jaguars- Leftwich's left arm depends on if they can make the playoffs

3. Texans- See Bengals

4. Titans- Wow, this team sucks.

West

1. Chiefs- SuperBowl winners right here.

2. Chargers- They'll fight the Chiefs for the division crown

3. Raiders- They can't stop the run, at all.

4. Broncos- Probably a 7-9 record will be good for last place in this division.

East

1. Cowboys- Bledsoe should help balance O

2. Eagles- They'll finish first if TO shuts the fuck up.

3. Giants- This is the year Eli proves he's better than his brother, too bad that's Cooper.

4. Redskins- No offense at all.

South

1. Panthers- Great D, plus healthy offense will result in division crown

2. Falcons- Wild Card

3. Saints- They always choke in the 2nd half

4. Bucs- This isn't fantasy football, they need some offensive linemen.

North

1. Packers- This division is so bad, that our local HS football team could take this division

2. Vikings- Did the 1918 Red Sox tell you to make the Moss trade?

3. Lions- Joey Harrington isn't a good QB, but if they put Garcia in, they could win the division

4. Bears- Ha, good luck with Chad Hutchinson

West

1. Rams- Stephen Jackson will lead the team into the playoffs

2. Cardinals- Their defense is getting better, and Warner is better than McCown.

3. Seahawks- They need to quit moping when they lose a game

4. 49ers- If you like S&M, then you'll love watching this team play football. Boy, it's gunna be painful.

CrespoBlows
08-18-2005, 05:16 PM
Ha, the Bucs making the playoffs!!!

Chiefs in last? They added Surtain, Knight, Johnson, Bell, Ambrose, and Hall to their defense.

podsednik20
08-27-2005, 01:16 PM
hmm Sox fan in tex, i know this is just pre season, but we will see who is the better Texas team today wont we? and who ever said the bears will be in last place? i doubt it the bears will most likely be in 2nd at the most.

riverside sluggers
08-27-2005, 01:21 PM
bears will be in last place, their "star quarterback rex grossman" just got injured again

podsednik20
08-27-2005, 01:26 PM
that doesnt mean they dont have another QB, like Kyle Orten, and Chad Hutchinson, and chad did great last year.

riverside sluggers
08-27-2005, 01:37 PM
how did the bears do in the standings in 2004??

riverside sluggers
08-27-2005, 01:39 PM
i believe they were 5-11 record. Green Bay, Vikings will easily be the top 2 teams and bears have a slight chance of taking over the lions for the 3rd place in its division

podsednik20
08-27-2005, 01:40 PM
they were last but they were tied with the lions, with a 6-10 record, but most of the NFC had that record, sad

podsednik20
08-27-2005, 01:41 PM
so your saying their Defense wont help them have a better chance at getting 2nd? in the division? and look at their offense they have improved

podsednik20
08-27-2005, 01:42 PM
and your right on their record last year my bad.

schillingouttheks
08-27-2005, 01:57 PM
I'm sorry, I really don't see the Packers doing jack-shit this year. They lost Mike Mackenzie, really the only last hope they had on that defense. Their defense is scattered and ripped apart, and that will keep them out of the playoffs. All the Pack needs to do is run into a team like the Pats/Cowboys/Ravens/etc (teams with good D), and then their offense won't do anything. I see the Pack in 3rd/4th this year, with the Vikings/Bears on top of them. The Lions and Pack will be 3rd/4th, mainly because Detroit doesn't understand that their receiving core is incredibly young and still needs to time to be immensely effective. Charles Rogers also needs to stay healthy, and fix that damn collar bone :o

But yeah, I stand by the Bears making an impact this year. They have the defensive leadership in Urlacher, Ogunleye, McQuarters, Rossum...They added Muhsin Muhammed to the offense. Drafted Cedric Benson for RB depth, I dunno, maybe it's just me, but it seems like they made big upgrades. Kyle Orton coming out of Purdue could be a great fit in Chicago. Just look for them to make a lot more noise than expected.

podsednik20
08-27-2005, 02:03 PM
Your right their defense is dreadful, but their offense is killer and thats the only thing they have at this point.

GabeKaplerluver19
08-29-2005, 11:02 AM
THE COWBOYS ARE WINNING IT ALL :D :D :harhar: :harhar: :thumbsup:

YankeeDoodle
08-29-2005, 11:12 AM
Silly girl. :lol:

Goodness, what's the over-under on Chicago's carousel of QBs? Will we see Orton this year? He was a Heisman candidate...and then dropped off considerably (partially because he was hurt - not what the Bears need).

Sox Fan on Cape
08-29-2005, 12:06 PM
One word : Patriots

GabeKaplerluver19
08-29-2005, 12:08 PM
more words: pats drul, cowboys rule.

podsednik20
08-29-2005, 04:18 PM
haha you got that right. and the Bears are the second best woo.

YankeeDoodle
08-29-2005, 04:23 PM
...But you have no QB!!

riverside sluggers
08-29-2005, 04:23 PM
2005 season out look for the Chicago Bears from Yahoo! Sports

Last season, injuries really took a toll on the Bears, who lost quarterback Rex Grossman and safety Mike Brown early, then watched linebacker Brian Urlacher struggle to return from a hamstring injury suffered in training camp. Once Grossman was gone, the season's hopes swirled down the drain. Had it not been for a stiff defense that spearheaded a three-game winning streak in the middle of the schedule, Chicago may have had the NFL's worst record. The three-headed quarterback monster of Chad Hutchinson, Craig Krenzel and Jonathan Quinn was simply awful.

OFFENSE
The Bears’ worst fears came to life once again when Grossman went down with a broken ankle. One of the major concerns about the offseason was the backup quarterback spot – specifically how Chicago would protect itself if the injury-prone Grossman went down again. Now they are paying for not upgrading their backup QB, Rookie 23 year old Kyle Orton has been given the nod as starting quarterback of 2005, with the exception of Ben Rothlisberger's first season performance, the Bears appear to be doomed to repeat last season’s offensive ineptitude.

If the Bears can ever get first-round pick Cedric Benson in camp, it would seem likely the offense will shift to a run-heavy mindset, with incumbent starter Thomas Jones in the mix. That probably isn’t thrilling news for free-agent signee Muhsin Muhammad, who appears to be the only sure thing in the receiving corps. The offensive line, which added experienced tackle Fred Miller, has some nice veteran talent. If it can find some chemistry, Miller could make quite a combination with tackle John Tait, guard Ruben Brown and center Olin Kreutz.

DEFENSE
The defense can be dependable without Urlacher, but for it to be great, he has to stay healthy. Also, defensive end Adewale Ogunleye has to return from injury and regain the form that produced 15 sacks for Miami in 2003. With Ogunleye, end Alex Brown and tackles Tommie Harris and Ian Scott, the defensive line is one of the most impressive young groups in the league. Linebackers thrive in defensive coordinator Ron Rivera's system, but Rivera has to find someone to add to the tandem of Urlacher and Lance Briggs. Marcus Reese will get the first opportunity, but his lack of experience is a concern.

Cornerbacks Charles Tillman and Jerry Azumah are solid, but the difference maker in the secondary is Mike Brown. There is no telling how he will bounce back from the torn Achilles that caused him to miss all but two games last season.

SPECIAL TEAMS

Kicker Paul Edinger has been replaced after his consistency fell off considerably. Jets castoff Doug Brien takes his place, and he certainly is an upgrade. His playoff wipeout aside, Brien typically was a reliable kicker for the Jets over the last two seasons. Punter Brad Maynard has been surprisingly consistent despite playing in gusty Chicago. Azumah, wide receiver Bernard Berrian and cornerback Nathan Vasher will split up punt and kick return duties. Azumah has been serviceable, but he will need to return to Pro Bowl form if the Bears' return units are to excel.

PREDICTION
The Bears will finish 6-10 and fourth in the NFC North.

podsednik20
08-29-2005, 04:55 PM
why are you all trying to bash hard on the Bears? besides the Bears have Chad Hutchinson, he didnt doo that abd last year, his 1st and 2nd games he was solid. Kyle Orten will play . and that post you posted was all last year, they have Improved dramatically, im not big on the Bears like i am big on the cowboys but the Bears are going to be great this year, regardless if they have to use Hutchinson again. their defense will do fine, if Urlacher stays healthy. this is kind of off topic, but i met Urlacher!! woo at a Lobo football game, i know you guys dont care but i think it is awesome!

riverside sluggers
08-29-2005, 04:59 PM
and that post you posted was all last year

explain how all of that happened last year with mushin muhammed and doug brien updates?? this is a sports analyst's outlook on what will happen for the Bears in the 2005 season. Vikings will finish out on top in the division, yes without the asshole Randy Moss

podsednik20
08-29-2005, 05:02 PM
thats the thing, im not saying the bears will finish im top, im saying they will finish in 2nd at the least, they will not finish 3rd or last, i garuntee it, and if you dont believe it watch untill it happens, hey the Bears might not have the best of players but so what. They will finish 2nd. JUST watch and see for all those people who dont think they wont

ARod2212
08-29-2005, 08:20 PM
why are you all trying to bash hard on the Bears?
It's not that hard, really. They will finish last, being that they're the 4th best team in the division. The Packers, Vikings and Lions are all better. Vikes got pretty damn good on defense, and still have Culpepper to lead the offense, the Lions are the sleeper team of the NFC and the Packers still have Brett Favre and that offense. Bears have got nothing.

schillingouttheks
08-29-2005, 09:02 PM
The Lions have been the sleeper team of the NFC for the past 3 years. Just like the Pats weren't gunna win the superbowl for the last 2 years. I'm starting to believe it's shit. The Packers aren't good anymore. They're defense is shot to hell. Defense wins game. Period.

BrentD22
08-29-2005, 09:04 PM
GOTTA LOVE FOOTBALL!

AFC
East:
Patriots - Face it they find a way to win and they'll win this year (the whole thing).
Jets - Good Wide-outs... Can Chad use them? Martin will have another big yardage season.
Bills - Rookie QB so who really knows? Great RB McGahee is going to have a huge break out season and become a star in this league.
Dolphins - They will surprise people this season and not suck as much as people think.

North:
Bengals - You'll see some nice offense out of this team, although I'm not sure about their D.
Steelers - Will be a solid team, but not a great team. Lots of wins, but play-off wise no excitment.
Ravens - There D is getting older. The O sucks! They are overrated!
Browns - They will suck............

South:
Colts - Will be the best team in the league this year. Their O is obviously great and their D was a big surprise last year and will be even better this year.
Texans - No longer a laugh on the schedule.
Jaguars - I don't really know about these guys.
Titans - Most "experts" are overrating this team.

West:
Chargers - I like them last year. Will Drew play as great as he did last year? If he does they are going to be a GREAT team. They will have the best TE and some great WR's on top of a top 3 player in this leage in LD. Fun team to watch.
Raiders - A good team last year got better this year in 3 big ways. L. Jordan is a really good RB that just needed a full time starting roll, Moss obvious stuff, and then Kerry will become the QB he was suppose to be. He might have some INT's, but he'll make up for those by throwing a ton of TD's. The only issue might be thier strength of schedule.
Broncos - They will be a good team surrounded by 3 other good teams in their div. Their schedule is below avg and their power rankings last year where up in O & D.
Chiefs - It's all falling apart!

NFC
East:
Eagles - A lot of crazy camp stuff, but they are in a below avg division. EASY SCHEDULE
Cowboys - The boys are back... kinda.
Giants - Will be better than last year.
Redskins - Not gonna do it.

North:
Packers - If their D is better the team has to be better than last year. EASY SCHEDULE
Lions - Will be way better than last year.
Viks - Will be worst than last year. Daunte might struggle (not much, but a little).
Bears - Their gonna suck.

South:
Falcons - Will be 2nd best team in the league this year. EASY SCHEDULE
Saints - Will suck along with the Panthers and Bucs this year.
Panthers - Injuries will destroy this team this year.
Bucs - Gruden will be fired.

West:
Cards - Will be a fun team to watch. Kurt will have a come back season in style. Will be a fun team to watch. EASY SCHEDULE
Seahawks - O will be desent, but D will struggle between no depth and injury prone it won't be a fun year on D.
Rams - They are getting older and slower, but still will put up some big numbers. Their problem is NO D!
49ers - It's so sad to see them like this.

podsednik20
08-29-2005, 09:45 PM
like i said, and i will say it again, they have improved on offense, hey their Star QB is hurt good for rex, but they have more weapons, im telling you watch for them. Wont they surprise you in the season, and too think your all saying they suck. Gotta Love football, its just the way it is

schillingouttheks
08-29-2005, 09:49 PM
^^^I'm with ya bro :) I too feel they will make an impact. Maybe not playoff-caliber, but much better for the following season, 2006, to work from. They only added to a team that had some weapons already.

podsednik20
08-29-2005, 10:00 PM
yeah exactly, im saying they will be 2nd in their division, brett favre he is a old dirt bag that cant hack it anymore, why dont they use the Kid from Cal. Vikings will be #1 but they will get beat by the Bears like they did, when they had Moss. hutchinson ran all over them i believe, but i might have been mistaken. lets see, The Lions will be crap like they always are.

yankeessuck013
08-30-2005, 04:12 PM
here's sports illustrated predictions

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/specials/preview/2005/scout.report/

stocker323
08-30-2005, 05:04 PM
here's sports illustrated predictions

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/specials/preview/2005/scout.report/ Wow 11-5 for the Pats? Peyton finally beats the Pats albeit at Indy. When was the last time someone ever picked the Pats to win, and they have the Bears as the worst team in football.

riverside sluggers
08-30-2005, 05:15 PM
whats up with the new shitty lions' black jerseys? haha it looks like a high school offered their old uniforms, lions played like a high school team and should be in 4th place

podsednik20
08-30-2005, 05:51 PM
yeah i know, they look like my high school's football teams Jersey's haha, but yeah anyways.

riverside sluggers
08-31-2005, 09:14 AM
Chad Hutchinson of the Bears has been released on "cutdown" day, guess he's not so versatile--In other more surprising news, Peerless Price was cut by the Falcons and Peter Warrick has been cut by the Bengals

GabeKaplerluver19
08-31-2005, 10:07 AM
I like the Steelers. I think i spelt that wrong.

GabeKaplerluver19
08-31-2005, 10:15 AM
Roethlisberger is a hottie :D
http://tahoecelebritygolf.com/Players/images/Roethlisberger-Ben.jpg

MC Hammer
08-31-2005, 11:04 AM
yeah exactly, im saying they will be 2nd in their division, brett favre he is a old dirt bag that cant hack it anymore, why dont they use the Kid from Cal. Vikings will be #1 but they will get beat by the Bears like they did, when they had Moss. hutchinson ran all over them i believe, but i might have been mistaken. lets see, The Lions will be crap like they always are.
What has favre done to make you think he's an "old dirt bag that can't hack it"

Year Team G GS Att Comp Pct Yards YPA Lg TD Int Tkld 20+ 40+ Rate
2004 GBP 16 16 540 346 64.1 4088 7.57 79 30 17 12/93 50 12 92.4

Maybe it's the fact that he threw for for 4088 yard. More than he has since 1999. Maybe he had his best YPA last year since 2001. Maybe it's because his completion percentage was the 2nd highest in his career. Or is it because he had his best passer rating since 2001. You tell me.

Stop talking out of your ass.

podsednik20
08-31-2005, 04:34 PM
man you probably didnt even know that without looking it up. what im saying is, Farve is going to be crap this year. point blank,. If he isnt then good for him! i could care less.

MC Hammer
08-31-2005, 09:14 PM
Right I didn't, so I looked them up instead of talking out of my ass.

podsednik20
08-31-2005, 10:58 PM
hmm, could you blame a person for not following a player, as much. I dont think so.

MC Hammer
09-01-2005, 06:05 AM
No, but I can blame you for taking out of your ass. I certainly don't follow the Packers very closely and I didn't think he was washed up. Anyway, if you don't follow him then maybe you should have looked up his stats before, like I said, you talked out of your ass. Stop trying to argue about this, because you're wrong.

YanksHater213
09-01-2005, 06:44 AM
Maybe it's the fact that he threw for for 4088 yard. More than he has since 1999. Maybe he had his best YPA last year since 2001. Maybe it's because his completion percentage was the 2nd highest in his career. Or is it because he had his best passer rating since 2001. You tell me.

Stop talking out of your ass.
Also dont forget to mention hes started 8497239592347923939 games in a row...

MC Hammer
09-01-2005, 07:23 AM
Also dont forget to mention hes started 8497239592347923939 games in a row...
Yeah most washed up players, especially football players, are in and out when they're washed up.

ARod2212
09-01-2005, 12:39 PM
man you probably didnt even know that without looking it up. what im saying is, Farve is going to be crap this year. point blank,. If he isnt then good for him! i could care less.
So you are confident that an NFL legend, with few signs of decline will fall apart this year for no reason, and are also confident that a team starting a rookie QB that has been the perennial whipping boy of the league will take a playoff spot.

At least you are going out on a limb.

schillingouttheks
09-01-2005, 03:54 PM
Eh, I say the Packers suck this year, but not because of Favre. Because of their defense. I'm not gunna explain all that again though.

podsednik20
09-01-2005, 03:58 PM
no im not, going to stop, because why look up someones stats when you dont like the player? exactly who cares if i was talkign bad about him. i dont care buddy

podsednik20
09-01-2005, 04:01 PM
a-rod i never said the bears will be # 1 on their division, but they are likely to get 2nd.Farve will be just like Kurt Warner played last season. kthanks

empirestrikesback26
09-01-2005, 06:55 PM
I say giants sneak into the playoffs with an 8-8 record. Jets go 11-5 and make the playoffs easily. Pats go 14-2 or something ridiculous like that. They have tom brady and quite frankly.... Undecided on SB champs.