PDA

View Full Version : another Maineiac

guybo
08-09-2005, 02:59 AM
Just found this forum and figured I'd join so I can vent about the Sox and Youk not playing 3B enough. Also I want to vent about our $8mill/20 E6 mistake.

Thank goodness we have the greatest catcher to ever don the tools of ignorance or all might be lost.

I have 2 boys- 3 and 5 who are Sox fans too as is my wife (she's one of the Remy reports 100 voters). My oldest boy, Joe says that when he grows up he wants to be Johnny Damon and if you ask him about the Yankees he scowls and says they suck. That's the only time we allow him to say suck in that context. If Damon is wearing pinstripes next year that will scar him for life :(

MC Hammer
08-09-2005, 07:18 AM
wow so you want Ballgame and Rents out?

Welcome ... I guess, but why are you so hell bent on changing a first place team?

YanksHater213
08-09-2005, 07:42 AM
Welcome. I agree about Renteria, not him leaving or anything, he hasnt been exactly up to his 8 million contract, but hes still been solid.

yeszir
08-09-2005, 08:00 AM
Welcome to Talksox. Just make sure your oldest grows up to have more smarts than Johnny Damon. :)

Soxfan#1
08-09-2005, 12:55 PM
I don't agree with your thoughts right now but welcome anyway.

greenwell39
08-09-2005, 07:01 PM
Welcome fellow Mainer!

Sox fan in Tex
08-09-2005, 11:14 PM
Welcome, but Renteria will be fine. Hope you enjoy the stay here.

guybo
08-12-2005, 10:39 AM
wow so you want Ballgame and Rents out?

Welcome ... I guess, but why are you so hell bent on changing a first place team?

No, I don't want Billy Ballgame out, but last week when he was out they had Cora playing 3rd- poorly at that. I think Youk should have been in there. Next year it really looks like Mueller will be cut anyway and Youk will be the full time 3B. Mueller's contract is up and I don't think the Sox will resign is knees, though they'd like to keep the rest of him. I will miss him as he's one of the best ballplayers (as a whole player- in the clubhouse, on the field with his glove & bat, his leadership and the way he approaches the game) I have ever watched play.