PDA

View Full Version : Come here to admire the worst shortstop in the league!

guybo
08-09-2005, 03:03 AM
http://home.gwi.net/~themoultons/Renteria%20Sucks/

Yup, I even made a website in honor of Boston's dirty little secret. Renteria (even though the press is in love with him) does suck.

MC Hammer
08-09-2005, 06:18 AM
Well clearly, if by now, you haven't realized how much rents does for this team, and still hate him, you're not a Red Sox fan. How you can bash a guy who steadily been raising his average all year basically, and does all the little thing a team needs to win in the playoffs.

6HR 41 RBI
.278/.343/.384

How much more production would we be getting out of any other SS that was on the market? And how many of them have, not only playoff, but World Series experience like Rents? Right, none of them. Go jump off a cliff.

You're a disgrace to RSN.

guybo
08-09-2005, 06:55 AM
Check out my website and you'll see. The numbers you give above are pretty average and certainly not $8mill/year numbers. His horrible defense (in fact, worst in the league with more errors than ANYONE else in MLB ) more than makes up for his average bat. Also, you fail to list some other fairly important numbers like Ks and GIDPs.

I am a Sox fan, which is why I am not an Edgah fan. You are a disgrace to reality- Edgar's numbers speak for themselves.

riverside sluggers
08-09-2005, 07:13 AM
oh no, not 65Ks through august!!! dude thats pretty much average in the leagues at this time--wants stats ok, in his last 10 games has only struck out 4 times

Hank Blalock at 97 Ks
A-Rod at 91 Ks
Mark Texiera at 89 Ks
Manny at 83 Ks
David Ortiz at 82 Ks
Jason Varitek at 81 Ks, etc..

Edagr Renterria ranks 45th in most strikeouts in the American League, he has also drawn 41 walks, last year in st louis just did 39 total

MC Hammer
08-09-2005, 07:15 AM
Well Manny is over paid too ... do you hate him?

And can you name a cheaper SS you'd rather have? And is he has cash money as Rents is in the World Series?

YankeesFan2
08-09-2005, 10:41 AM
Renteria is a great shortstop and he does alot for the team. If we still had Cabrera, we probably wouldnt be where we are at this point in the season. Without Renteria, we wouldnt be in first place, we would be rite behind the Yankees like almost every other season.

soxie thefangirl
08-09-2005, 10:42 AM
Aren't you a Yankees fan?

Um anyways. Rent does a lot for the team. I'm glad we have him. He's not the best shortstop, by any means, but he's good enough.

YankeesFan2
08-09-2005, 10:53 AM
Yes, but since i live in "Red Sox Nation", i know alot about the team.

schillingouttheks
08-09-2005, 10:59 AM
OOh, because by saying "we would be behind the Yankees" you're speaking from a Red Sox fan's POV. lol, w/e.

BTW...I was quick to bash on Renteria too early in the season, wondering what the hell we payed him 8mill for to come play here, then suck it up. Well I've eaten my words, swallowed them, and I am now a big fan of his and I feel stupid for ever bashing the guy. He has come through in clutch situations, and did very well last night against the Rangers after being asked to play at last minute. I'm not conerned at all about Renteria anymore. Would you rather still have O-Cab this season? Those numbers are SHOT TO HELL over there in Anaheim. (Not to bash O-Cab, but the point is he isn't doing well this season.)

Sizzlin22
08-09-2005, 11:03 AM
Edgar: Avg: .278 Hr: 6 RBI: 40 Runs Scored: 65 OBP: .344

Orlando: Avg: .249 Hr: 5 RBI: 32 Runs Scored: 37 OBP .302

Edgar beats Cabby in every statistical category, but the real important numbers here to look at are average, runs scored, and OBP.

Edgar is the #2 hitter his job is to get on base and score runs. He DOMINATES Cabby in thise categorys. If you would rather have Cabby you're and idiot, know nothing about baseball, and should leave this forum and never come back.

YankeesFan2: I think Soxie said "aren't you a Yankees fan" because you refered to the Red Sox as "we".

YankeesFan2
08-09-2005, 11:22 AM
Yes, i understood that. I geuss i will just refer to the Red Sox as "You" from now on. I also said we because just because I'm a Yankees fan doesnt mean I can't like the Sox too. I have alot of respect for the Sox and i like them also. I just like the Yankees a little more.

soxie thefangirl
08-09-2005, 12:28 PM
Yeah. I just was confused.

BigPapiEnFuego
08-09-2005, 12:36 PM
I'm going to copy my post from the bellhorn thread. here:

haha, looking at guybos website is funny. Why? Cause he's an idiot. I mean, look at this:

Come On Theo- you are a stinkin' genius- please give us something better to work with! Why did you have to let Orlando go?

IF this guy saw Orlando's stats as of now he'd know why. .309 OBP .360 SLG .253 AVG.

renteria owns him in those categories. 343 OBP .384 SLG .278 AVG.

Renteria has scored 68 runs and orlando scored nearly half.

But this trade will haunt the Bloody Stockings for 4 years and all this time what to do with one of the hottest SS prospects in baseball (Hanley Ramirez)

Haha, he wasn't traded. I love it when these ignorant fans who bash players don't even know hoiw players got there.

Thanks for playing, but you lost. OWNED

Edit:Oh damn, people arlready said what i said. But i'll make my point clear.

This dude is a bandwagon fan who has no reason to bash Edgar.

Sizzlin22
08-09-2005, 01:00 PM
This dude is a bandwagon fan who has no reason to bash Edgar.
Bitch. (Sorry just felt that wasn't finised witout that.)

Fenways Faithful
08-09-2005, 01:57 PM
this guy is an idiot. Renteria in the last week has been batting 370. He does get some errors which shouldnt happen but who doesnt.

guybo
08-09-2005, 02:41 PM
What's the most important stat for a SS? Hmm...

20 Errors

Sure Renteria has better offensive numbers in some categories but does less bad stuff for the team- like a lot less GIDP, a lot less Ks. I'd have to say offensively it's a wash. But the SS is the most important position on the team defensively and Renteria is the worst defensive player in MLB.

For the difference between Rent and Orlando-

.309 OBP .360 SLG .253 AVG
vs.

343 OBP .384 SLG .278 AVG

but with 16 less errors? Maybe you all don't realize what 20 errors is- more work for the bullpen in the end- giving teams extra outs. All the fanboys take a deep breath and meditate on this- Edgar Renteria has more errors than any other player in Major League Baseball. I'd say the meagre difference in offensive production is worth that. But I am not here to extoll the virtues of Orlando Cabrera; I am here to open your eyes Red Sox Nation. Let's hope we sell on this jimook for next year and bring a real SS in.

schillingouttheks
08-09-2005, 04:39 PM
Why do you bother with this? If O-Cab is our SS, sure, less errors, but we aren't in 1st place. Renteria has come through in such huge situations that O-Cab, with those offensive numbers right now, wouldn't have.

We are in 1st place, why are you questioning it?

BigPapiEnFuego
08-09-2005, 05:16 PM
So what if he has 20 errors? So many things could factor into that. He has alot of range, alowing him to get to more balls then most other shortstops. He may get alot of throwing errors, but look who our starting first basemen is. Kevin Millar. That is a big factor. Millar has no range and first and can only get what is thrown right at his chest.

YankeesFan2
08-09-2005, 05:37 PM
There are alot of worse defensive players than Renteria. Just because he has 20 errors doesnt mean he doesnt play good. He does alot for the Sox that Cabrera couldnt do.

Sox fan in Tex
08-09-2005, 06:30 PM
Career batting numbers:
.288 BA, 1400 G, 5339 AB, 802 R, 1539 H, 284 2B

Career fielding numbers:
1384 G, 191 errors, .968 FPCT

Woo fuckin' who, so what he's having a bad year with his play. But do you not think a FOUR-TIME All-Star, the 2003 & 2004 Gold Glove winner and a guy who has played in ELEVEN post-season series' is not going to turn it around?

Cram those numbers into your website. You know, other teams would be happy to have such a great shortstop such as Renteria, but you keep whining and giving Red Sox fans a bad name. Quit bitching and root on your team.

guybo
08-09-2005, 08:02 PM

So what if he has 20 errors? So many things could factor into that. He has alot of range, alowing him to get to more balls then most other shortstops. He may get alot of throwing errors, but look who our starting first basemen is. Kevin Millar. That is a big factor. Millar has no range and first and can only get what is thrown right at his chest.
How do you account for every room service hop he's let by this year?

Who cares about his career numbers? I'm pissed that he came to Boston, got the big money contract and decided to go into semi-retirement. Larussa was right!

And yes, don't fool yourselves- defense does count, always.

MC Hammer
08-09-2005, 08:39 PM
Dude you're not a Red Sox fan. Go buy yourself a Yankees hat.

You haven't even been here a whole day and you've been owned 4 or 5 times. Just shut up and stop making yourself look like an idiot.

riverside sluggers
08-09-2005, 09:01 PM
before you say anything dude that 2nd error was a bad call by the umpire, he lost the ball on transfer which wouldve been an out at 2nd base

guybo
08-09-2005, 09:02 PM
21 & 22!

The hits just keep on comin' :thumbdown

Dude, I've been here not even one day and I own all. Renteria makes my point for me. He never had the ball, just like the rest of this year!

I say we call up Hanley and take our chances there. We've scored 7 runs tonight with Ed going 0/4- we can do without his paltry offensive production and still score runs.

BigPapiEnFuego
08-09-2005, 09:16 PM
Someone ban this fucking idiot. I have never seen a stupid red sox fan in my whole life, other then those whiny female fans who jump on every hott players dick and defends him.

guybo
08-09-2005, 09:23 PM
The truth hurts. Sorry guys, but leave the misogyny at the door please. You can ban me, that's no big (and wouldn't be the first time!) but the Fights and Crap forum wouldn't be very fun without an antagonist, hmm? Why is there such vitriol over my opinions? I only post facts here fellas! Sure, on my crappy website there is plenty of commentary and opinion, but it's all backed by facts.

Will the fanboys please get a grip on reality. For $8mill every Sox fan should be pissed (and yes, money does mattter kids!)

ORS
08-09-2005, 09:39 PM
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. So the idea of banning him is outright Orwellian.

Rent makes some routine plays look humorous, and some impossible plays looks simple. Yeah, his stats aren't ideal, but he's by far not the worst SS in MLB. And he's a gamer, something that stats will never be able to accurately show.

BigPapiEnFuego
08-09-2005, 10:22 PM
Error 21+22=win.

kthnx

riverside sluggers
08-09-2005, 10:25 PM
I say we call up Hanley and take our chances there. We've scored 7 runs tonight with Ed going 0/4- we can do without his paltry offensive production and still score runs.

grr he got the walkoff win, hat when that fucker does that, huh. yea hes not clutch at all, check back on the july 31st game, edgar had gotten a doubled that led to Manny getting the walkoff RBI--oh yeah and in mid-June another walkoff win, edgar laid down a nice bunt on 2 outs to bring papi up to bat to hit the 3-run shot to win the game

guybo
08-09-2005, 10:46 PM
Let's bear in mind that the game would have been over after the 9th with a 7-5 victory had Rent not commited that second error. Getting a walk off single is the least he could do. In the end all he accomplished tonight is costing the Sox bullpen an extra inning- and the Sox bullpen is thier weakness this year. Schilling works 2 [good] innings instead of one and we end up using a ton of other RPs in that fugly 7th that otherwise we would not have had to.

His errors were costly, but you have to look beyond the veneer of that last single.

I'll give him credit for a clutch hit, but what a shitty way to get it.

BigPapiEnFuego
08-09-2005, 10:49 PM
That 2nd Error was a ripoff. He was on the bag and lost the ball after being hit and transfering it for the DP.

stevece80
08-09-2005, 11:01 PM
Damn, I thought there was going to be a thread on Orlando Cabrera.

Sox fan in Tex
08-09-2005, 11:04 PM
Dear guybo:

Suck my balls. I really hope you enjoyed seeing my game winning hit tonight.

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/050809/050809_sox_vmed_9p.widec.jpg

Signed: Your DADDY who is making you look stupid, Edgar Renteria.

riverside sluggers
08-09-2005, 11:14 PM
dont think they'll care haha, once edgar hit the walk off RBI--guybo and noonaberg started to jump all on this, "um yeah he still sucks and has those two errors"

riverside sluggers
08-09-2005, 11:23 PM
yeaah ok, how about newcomer relief picther Mike Remlinger?? the guy sucked big time, he came on with a 5 run lead, threw 26 pitches without recording a single out being tagged for a walk, 2 hits, and 4 runs

guybo
08-10-2005, 06:51 AM
The whole point is that Renteria created the situation and that makes his walk off single less than impressive. In the end all he ended up doing is making the pen pitch to more batters. That's it.

He sucks.

It looks like Remlinger was on the scrap heap for a reason. ugh.

soxie thefangirl
08-10-2005, 07:17 AM
Edgar didn't create the situation. What the hell? And that one error, the call was definitely wrong.

YankeesFan2
08-10-2005, 09:00 AM
21 & 22!

If you called up Hanley, you would have alot more problems than if you just left Edgar there. Hanley needs to mature ALOT before he comes up and plays on the Red Sox. He is a great player, but hes been playing AA. So for him to come up and play with alot better players, he would have some problems.

whereisnomar
08-10-2005, 11:45 AM
Renteria may be pretty bad, but he doesn't suck. I mean, what about the KC Royals entre infield!

riverside sluggers
08-10-2005, 11:53 AM
shortstop Berroa for the Royals man i think in last 2 weeks hes had something like 6 errors, haha, at 16 right now and sure to pass "rent this year

ahhchon
08-10-2005, 01:12 PM
Well clearly, if by now, you haven't realized how much rents does for this team, and still hate him, you're not a Red Sox fan. How you can bash a guy who steadily been raising his average all year basically, and does all the little thing a team needs to win in the playoffs.

6HR 41 RBI
.278/.343/.384

How much more production would we be getting out of any other SS that was on the market? And how many of them have, not only playoff, but World Series experience like Rents? Right, none of them. Go jump off a cliff.

You're a disgrace to RSN.

world series/playoff experience is so overrated it's not even funny... the only difference is that the game holds more value. if you play as hard as you can every single game it doesn't make a difference.

john

guybo
08-10-2005, 04:42 PM
Edgar didn't create the situation. What the hell? And that one error, the call was definitely wrong.

And you definately know better than the ump who was standing 10 feet from the play. Your view from the couch at a camera angle from 60 feet away is a much better vantage point than the ump on the field. MLB should just move the ump from the field to the couch. :rolleyes:

That was 22. Remy even wouldn't say that he believed that was a bad call, he only said "I don't know, Don.."

stevece80
08-10-2005, 04:49 PM
I can be contacted via e-mail through my profile. Someone hit me up with a message when this moron is finally gone.

Sizzlin22
08-10-2005, 05:00 PM
Ok Guybo you're a bandwagon 10 year old (see my post in "Bellhorn" thread in Talk Sox section). I'll put this nicely because I don't like swearing at little kids. GO AWAY NO ONE WANTS YOU HERE.

guybo
08-10-2005, 09:18 PM
Ok Guybo you're a bandwagon 10 year old (see my post in "Bellhorn" thread in Talk Sox section). I'll put this nicely because I don't like swearing at little kids. GO AWAY NO ONE WANTS YOU HERE.

This will keep me here indefinitely. :harhar:

Too bad Renteria isn't working out, in the NEST pre-game show they were razzing on Renteria. They said the same thing any reasonable person did after last night- yeah he hit a walk off single, but it was his error (yup, it was an error and #22 on the year- he has more errors than any other MLB player in any position) that led to a situation where he needed to come through.

Get with it guys, admit it- he has the worst glove in baseball. The numbers back me up.

schillingouttheks
08-10-2005, 09:27 PM
No numbers back you up. You only have errors against him, for this ONE season. You went from saying he was the worst SS in the league to the worst glove, and oh yeah...3 MORE RBI'S FOR RENT ON A DOUBLE. I'm happy for him, and happy that you're trying to find something to bash him on but can't, so you go back to your useless argument of his errors.

Sizzlin22
08-10-2005, 09:30 PM
Get with it guys, admit it- he has the worst glove in baseball. The numbers back me up.
Yeah his two gold golves those were just flukes right? Moron.

guybo
08-11-2005, 01:44 AM
2 GGs- absolutely and I expected more from him this year, but

what have you done for me lately?

I don't care what a player did before they got on the team, only what they do while there. Renteria's glove is bad. Very bad. Statistically one of the worst in the Major Leagues. With his bat he does score a ot of runs and has some RBIs, but also does a lot of bad stuff too like grounding into an inordinate amount of double playes and striking out a LOT. Those are facts, not conjecture. So far I have seen very few stats that back up anyone's argument, just a whole lot of love and no numbers. For every good Renteria number there are more bad numbers.

I will give Renteria two things- he is an excellent base runner and bunts well too.

BigPapiEnFuego
08-11-2005, 02:03 AM
You must be fucking kidding. I will not repost my post from earlier in this thread, showing his stats. He may have 22 errors but i ask you this, how many have been costly? From those errors how many games have we lost? Not many. Most of his errors were not huge errors. I've watched every game this season, most of his errors have been on very hard plays deep, or very hard throws that Kevin Millar can't get to because he has no range at 1st.

22 Errors. Thats all you got. Let's do a little math here.

22 Errors. Lets say each error scored a run against us. That is 22 runs. Edgar has scored 71 runs this season, and has 43 rbi. 71+43=114. That's 114 runs. 114-22=92. So if he has produced 114 runs, but made 22 errors leading to 22 runs against the sox, he in reality has still produced 92 runs, which still far outweighs the 22 runs give up.

What if each error accounted for 2 runs? 44. 114-44= 70. Still good. 70 runs produced. Enough to tie each run given up.

22 errors leading to 3 runs apiece? 66, so 114-66=48. Then we would have a problem. His 22 errors would outweigh his runs produced. Now i highly doubt that this is the true scenario, and niether are the other 2, but it is a mix of the whole thing, and most likely his 114 runs produced roughly equal or excede those given up by his errors.

This doesn't even take into account the amount of runners on, runners who he moved up, runners who didn't count as RBI, and tons of factors leading to his errors such as mishandeled balls at first, bad umpiring calls, or infield coniditions.

riverside sluggers
08-11-2005, 07:04 AM
when was the last time he grounded into a double play, cuz it must ve been awhile. want some stats here because Im gonna lay it down hard. This season Edgar for bases loaded he is batting .467!!! (7 hits in 15 at bats) with a grand slam and 17 RBIs. Last season he only batted .211 in that area

riverside sluggers
08-11-2005, 07:24 AM
and striking out a LOT.

what is it with this striking out a lot crap?? dude check the fucking stats!!! Edgar ranks 44th in most strikeouts of the American League this season at 66

lets see: Mark Bellhorn with 109Ks
Hank Blalock with 97 Ks
A-Rod with 93 Ks
Mark Texeira with 92 Ks
Manny Ramirez with 85 Ks
David Ortiz with 84 Ks
Jason Varitek with 82 Ks, etc. so your complaint about his strikeout ciunt bares any logic. hey guys i found this hilarious over on the bellhorn thread, he does bash edgar but yet has respect for Bellhorn what he can do for this team and hope he shares time with Tony G this season, lmao, and hes the one complaing about edgar striking out a lot

yankeessuck013
08-11-2005, 11:31 AM
hey guys i found this hilarious over on the bellhorn thread, he does bash edgar but yet has respect for Bellhorn what he can do for this team and hope he shares time with Tony G this season, lmao, and hes the one complaing about edgar striking out a lot

haha, this guy is pathetic...get a life loser!

soxie thefangirl
08-11-2005, 11:33 AM
Wow even I think that's damn lame.

sarasoxfan
08-11-2005, 12:48 PM
I swear I can see this guy sitting in some trailer with articles about renteria all over the place.
And him cutting letters out of magazines and newspapers to put together hate letters to poor edgar.

Sizzlin22
08-11-2005, 03:32 PM
2 GGs- absolutely and I expected more from him this year, but

what have you done for me lately?
I HATE thats fucking statement what have you done for me lately? Such a fair weather fan statement. If he gets a Gold Glove in 2006 I'll gaurntee this guy will have another crappy site up about how great he is. He's here, and he's here for the net four years, he will perform up to his contract, shut the hell up.

guybo
08-11-2005, 11:05 PM
A few corrections:

The stats I quote are among other SS in the MLB. I never said that Bellhorn didn't K a lot- in fact I put in another thread that his nickname should be marK "with a capital K" Bellhorn. Try to keep up boys. I also said that Graff and Bellhorn should share time at 2b. Graff, as much as I love what he's done, will prove to us what he can do when the excitement of coming to Boston has worn off. Then I will jump on the bandwagon, but not yet.

And yes, with 22 errors and a pathetic .951 fpct, despite what he's done in the past, he is the worst defensive SS in the major leagues.

Sure, renteria did well the other night loading on runs in a blow out. Good game Edgar.

As for the errors- it's not the direct runs that are givenup that count so much as the extra pitches your pitching staff have to throw. A perfect example is that (and this was pointed out on New England Sports Tonight and it's something that I have been trying to get people to understand) when Clement last pitched Renteria's errors ended up costing Clement at least one inning and our bullpen ended up pitching to a lot of unnecessary batters. Our bullpen is our weakness and bad defense exposes this.

Top 4th: Texas
- H. Blalock flied out to left
- A. Soriano struck out looking
- P. Nevin safe at first on shortstop E. Renteria's fielding error
- K. Mench singled to center, P. Nevin to third
- G. Matthews Jr. singled to second, P. Nevin scored, K. Mench to third
- R. Barajas popped out to shallow left center
3 extra batters.

- M. Remlinger relieved M. Clement
- D. Dellucci doubled to right
- D. Dellucci to third on wild pitch
- M. Young walked
- M. Teixeira singled to left, D. Dellucci scored, M. Young to second
- H. Blalock reached on fielder's choice, M. Young to third, M. Teixeira to second on E. Renteria's fielding error
- C. Bradford relieved M. Remlinger
- A. Soriano singled to center, M. Young scored, M. Teixeira to third, H. Blalock to second
- P. Nevin grounded into fielder's choice, M. Teixeira scored, H. Blalock to third, A. Soriano out at second
- K. Mench grounded out to third, H. Blalock scored, P. Nevin to second
- G. Matthews Jr. intentionally walked
- R. Barajas doubled to left, P. Nevin scored, G. Matthews Jr. to third
- M. Myers relieved C. Bradford
- D. Dellucci lined out to third

4 or 5 extra batters, not all Rent's fault

In all- Edgar got the walk off single (good job). He committed 2 errors (bad job x2) and forced our bullpen to pitch to at least 4 extra batters plus an extra inning (the game went 10).

Now do you understand? In the playoffs how many pitching staffs like TX is the Red Sox going to face? In the playoffs if you give teams extra outs than you lose.

Sox fan in Tex
08-11-2005, 11:33 PM
*gives a standing ovation for the moron* Let me show you some numbers that matter:

2005 batting average v. the Yankees: .406
Career batting average in eleven games in the World Series: .304
2005 batting average with RISP: .339

Do I need to list more? Because if I must make you continue to look like a moron on our beloved website, than I will gladly do that. Ever heard of a posted named YANKEESRULE? You haven't.... well that's because I made him look like a fool, as well. Now use your brain, and stop complaining.

guybo
08-12-2005, 12:03 AM
*gives a standing ovation for the moron* Let me show you some numbers that matter:

2005 batting average v. the Yankees: .406
Career batting average in eleven games in the World Series: .304
2005 batting average with RISP: .339

Do I need to list more? Because if I must make you continue to look like a moron on our beloved website, than I will gladly do that. Ever heard of a posted named YANKEESRULE? You haven't.... well that's because I made him look like a fool, as well. Now use your brain, and stop complaining.

I'm guessing he left because you are an immature child. Calling names, though your #1 means of self defense at recess, isn't really called for or necessary here. Especially when someone has an opinion that you don't agree with.

Try to be grown ups and conduct yourselves with tact, this sort of name calling is really very stupid.

schillingouttheks
08-12-2005, 12:20 AM
OH YEAH?!?!? You're stupid!!!! :harhar:

BoSox Rule
08-12-2005, 12:37 AM
American League SS that qualify.

EqA - Hitting
Miguel Tejada .313
Jhonny Peralta .301
Michael Young .289
Derek Jeter .287
Julio Lugo .278
Edgar Renteria .261
Orlando Cabera .335
Angel Berroa .333
Juan Uribe .220

Edgar Renteria is 18 runs below average in the field.

Wins above replacement

Miguel Tejada 7.1
Jhonny Peralta 6.7
Derek Jeter 6.3
Julio Lugo 6.1
Michael Young 4.6
Orlando Cabrera 2.8
Juan Uribe 2.6
Edgar Renteria 1.6
Angel Berrroa 1.4

Sizzlin22
08-12-2005, 11:36 AM
I'm guessing he left because you are an immature child. Calling names, though your #1 means of self defense at recess, isn't really called for or necessary here. Especially when someone has an opinion that you don't agree with.
Were you here when he was here? Do you have any idea why he came or why he left? No. Are you wanted here? No. Can you not take the hint that you're not wanted here? Apparently not.

Once again I'm going to say it's not that I disagree with him. It's the fact that he spends all his time wasting board space posting about Edgar, with the occasional post in another thread.

Manny Goes Boom
08-12-2005, 06:19 PM
OK, genius...if you were TOTALLY against signing him, WHO THE HELL WERE we supposed to get?!?! I was ALL for signing him, and still am in his corner. I know your an idiot who doesn't know jack shit, and all you argue is that he makes errors (nobody's perfect), and K's alot (LMAO, 44th in the AL). AND he is by FAR not the worst shortstop in the league, I could list guys with stats but I don't feel like it. I will if it is needed.

guybo
08-13-2005, 10:34 AM
OK, genius...if you were TOTALLY against signing him, WHO THE HELL WERE we supposed to get?!?! I was ALL for signing him, and still am in his corner. I know your an idiot who doesn't know jack shit, and all you argue is that he makes errors (nobody's perfect), and K's alot (LMAO, 44th in the AL). AND he is by FAR not the worst shortstop in the league, I could list guys with stats but I don't feel like it. I will if it is needed.

It's not your, it's you're- which is a contraction (when you take 2 words and combine them into one). A combo of you and are. Idiot.

I have compared Renteria to other SSs in the MLB and he ranks much higher in Ks than 44th (last I looked he was in the top 10). He's #1 among all players in Errors. He's in the top 10 in GIDP among all SSs. Etc etc etc- he does a lot of bad stuff for the team. Get your facts straight.

I would have resigned Cabrera because we have the offense, we didn't need more offense, we have always needed defense. I would take Cabrera's glove over Renteria's bat any day of the week. Put Cabrera batting at the bottom of the order and keep Bellhorn (as much as I hate to say it) batting 2nd (hey- we won a World Series with this combo, there has to be something there!). Right now we'd have Graff batting 2nd and we'd still have the best defensive SS in the AL. This is a proven winning situation.

schillingouttheks
08-13-2005, 11:44 AM
It's not your, it's you're- which is a contraction (when you take 2 words and combine them into one). A combo of you and are. Idiot.

...Calling names, though your #1 means of self defense at recess, isn't really called for or necessary here...

Try to be grown ups and conduct yourselves with tact, this sort of name calling is really very stupid.

Anyway, back to the matter at hand. Sure, that combo worked somehow, and this one, Rent/Graf is working better. We are winning the division. What else is there to change?

BigPapiEnFuego
08-13-2005, 12:03 PM
So what if he is in the top 10 of those categories for shortstops? SS is not the most offensive spot in the majors. How many good offensive SS are there? Jeter, Renteria, Nomar awhile back, and maybe like 1 or 2 others. And why would you want Cabera instead? Cabrera has 1 gold glove, and really isin't better then him.

schillingouttheks
08-13-2005, 12:17 PM
Tejada, A-Rod...A-Rod's fair to say I guess. I can't think of any other offensive producting SS. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

BigPapiEnFuego
08-13-2005, 12:21 PM
oops i forgot Tejada. But A-rod doesn't count now.

riverside sluggers
08-13-2005, 12:37 PM
as Renterria has always been known for, his best month comes in August and it is very much showing, all he needs is to get the homerun balls going since his last homerun came almost 2 months ago now against the Indians, This August he is batting 15 for 43 (.349 avg) 5 Doubles, 8 RBIs, 12 Runs scored, 5 Walks, 4 Ks

riverside sluggers
08-13-2005, 12:50 PM
there is a big offensive producing SS, Michael Young of the Texas Rangers with a .325 avg, 17 HRs, 65 RBIs, 83 Runs scored

schillingouttheks
08-13-2005, 12:56 PM
Forgot about him, lol we just keep tacking on names.

yankeessuck013
08-13-2005, 03:00 PM
renteria is doing a fine job as our SS, some people here are just expecting the "perfect SS" and guybo thinks OC is perfect

Manny Goes Boom
08-13-2005, 04:36 PM
Alright Mr. hypocrite, so if you want all gloves, I guess you want to get rid of Manny too, and while your at it Johnny Damon does not have a great arm in center, why don't we trade him too??? So, hes in the top ten...alright then so you would take Royce Clayton of the Arizona Diamondbacks??? Ha, I think the "bat doesn't outweigh the glove" argument would fold if we had someone like him.

guybo
08-14-2005, 05:08 PM
Neither Manny nor Damon play SS. SS is the most important defensive position on the field (some might say C is, but some say SS is too). You need bats, duh. The Sox have the boom sticks, they need the leather. With this particular line up I'd take a crappy bat but a great glove because they can cover the bat, but can't cover the glove. The Sox bullpen is very poor right now too which is further exposed by the bad fielding. I am not a hypocrite, you just fail to understand my basic argument. Pay attention and learn.

riverside sluggers
08-14-2005, 05:12 PM
only members of bullpen who are bad are Mike Remlinger, Manny has not yet found his stride and Curt is falling backwards on his closer role

but man you cant gun down Myer, Timlin, and Bradford, all have ERA's below 3 and get the job done for the Sox

riverside sluggers
08-14-2005, 05:13 PM
yeah guybo you bash on edgar because of his "paltry offense", but yet you want millar to stay just because he can talk to the media, wow now thats some leather there in the oufield and a bat that comes along with it.

yankeessuck013
08-14-2005, 06:25 PM
how about last nights performance by edgar, guybo?......both in the field and at the plate?

Manny Goes Boom
08-15-2005, 02:15 AM
Neither Manny nor Damon play SS. SS is the most important defensive position on the field (some might say C is, but some say SS is too). You need bats, duh. The Sox have the boom sticks, they need the leather. With this particular line up I'd take a crappy bat but a great glove because they can cover the bat, but can't cover the glove. The Sox bullpen is very poor right now too which is further exposed by the bad fielding. I am not a hypocrite, you just fail to understand my basic argument. Pay attention and learn.

And you DIDNT get my points. :thumbdown Let me explain 1) I called you a hypocrite for you bashing Tex for calling you names, and then you turn around and call me an idiot, stick to your guns man! 2) I was trying to get the point across that you like only defense and could care less how he (Edgar) does at the plate. Anyway, I see your basic argument...and its just that basic. Last year we ACTUALLY HAD defensive problems that LEAD to runs socring that weren't necessary. And we don't have the most unearned runs in the league either. The Cardinals have 57 unearned runs, The A's have 50, and the Twins have 47, We have 41. Now all those teams are successful (except the Twins) and do you see them bitching about errors (if you didn't know ERRORS cause un-earned runs)?
NO, so shut the fuck up and quit bitching about Edgar were in first place and hes doing fine.

Yanksin2010
08-15-2005, 10:23 PM
Renteria is a great shortstop and he does alot for the team. If we still had Cabrera, we probably wouldnt be where we are at this point in the season. Without Renteria, we wouldnt be in first place, we would be rite behind the Yankees like almost every other season.
You are a screwball.

Manny Goes Boom
08-18-2005, 06:24 PM
guybo= owned

Sizzlin22
08-18-2005, 11:34 PM
That was uncalled for Manny, can we end this please?

Manny Goes Boom
08-18-2005, 11:50 PM
That was uncalled for Manny, can we end this please?

LOL, sure. :D

SCM33
09-03-2005, 10:12 PM
Renterria has 12 Win Shares. Cabrera has 11. Obviously his errors haven't cost too much.