PDA

View Full Version : Will this ever stop?? Guess what, Patriot's Kevin Faulk out for up to 8 weeks

riverside sluggers
09-28-2005, 03:17 PM
ugh very ugh

thats right Kevin Faulk is out for 6-8 weeks for an undisclosed leg injury he had during the Steelers game as well, reported by WEEI: :(

Pats fill holes: Add 2 due to injuries
By Michael Felger
Wednesday, September 28, 2005 - Updated: 07:14 AM EST

The names coming in aren't anywhere near the quality of the ones going out, but the Patriots began the process of replacing injured starters Matt Light and Rodney Harrison yesterday. The Pats signed street free agent safety Michael Stone and re-signed former offensive lineman Gene Mruczkowski, who had been cut at the end of training camp. To make room, the Pats placed Harrison on injured reserve, ending the safety's season, and released special teamer Wesley Mallard. The Patriots also worked out street free agent running backs Amos Zereoue and Erik Bickerstaff, Kevin Faulk having been injured at the end of the Steelers game Sunday.

Also working out were former Pittsburgh and Jacksonville receiver Troy Edwards and defensive backs Michael Harden, Antwain Spann and Russell Stuvaints. The fact that Light was not placed on IR means there is some hope he could return this season after suffering a broken bone in his leg Sunday in Pittsburgh. Mruczkowski is a guard/center and won't figure into the mix at tackle. To make up for the loss of Light at left tackle, the Pats could stick with rookie Nick Kaczur, who took over vs. Pittsburgh, or move Tom Ashworth from the right to the left. Mruczkowski's agent, Jack Bechta, said the player had a recent free agent visit with Houston and other workouts planned but remained in the Foxboro area in case the Patriots came calling. "I'm surprised he was on the street this long,'' Bechta said.

Davey joins Cards

Former Patriots quarterback Rohan Davey agreed to terms with the Arizona Cardinals, providing insurance in case Kurt Warner's groin strain proves more serious than expected. Davey's agent, Joel Segal, said the 6-foot-2, 245-pound former LSU star was in Arizona and would have a physical today before signing a one-year contract. Davey was released by the Pats Aug. 29.

YanksHater213
09-28-2005, 03:27 PM
Jesus... I'd love a week where someone doesnt get hurt

stocker323
09-28-2005, 04:47 PM
Amos Zeroue has been signed to replace Faulk.

Sox Fan on Cape
09-28-2005, 08:54 PM
Amos Zeroue has been signed to replace Faulk.
Does that mean we can call him A. Zero for short ?

BrentD22
09-28-2005, 11:11 PM
I'm very surprised he was even a free agent. I have always like Amos's game and wondered why he never got a starting (full time) roll.

He's good for 40ish catches per year, 400-500 running yards per year, ect.

It could be his size, 5'8 205pds. He will defenetly be a good change of pass from Corey Dillon. Amos is a slasher with some bull in him vs. Dillon that is just a bull!

Injuries... Belicheck eats them for breakfast, well be just fine. He isn't the best coach of all time for nothing!