CB Chad Scott (Shoulder)
CB Duane Starks (Thigh)

PROBABLE
QB Tom Brady (Shoulder)

IR
SS Rodney Harrison

GAME NOTES

from NFL.com

CHARGERS LEADERS: Offense -- Brees, 575 passing yards and four passing TDs; Tomlinson, 316 rushing yards and six rushing TDs; McCardell, 17 receptions, 257 receiving yards and four receiving TDs. Defense -- Steve Foley, two sacks; Bhawoh Jue, one INT.

PATRIOTS LEADERS: Offense -- Brady, 948 passing yards and three passing TDs; Corey Dillon, 160 rushing yards and four rushing TDs; Deion Branch, 21 receptions and 237 receiving yards; Branch, Tim Dwight and Daniel Graham, one receiving TD. Defense -- Richard Seymour, two sacks; Mike Vrabel, one INT.

CHARGERS TEAM RANK: Rushing Offense -- 150 yards per game (3rd in NFL); Passing Offense -- 179.7 ypg (25th); Total Offense -- 329.7 ypg (14th). Rushing Defense -- 97.7 ypg (14th); Passing Defense -- 254.3 ypg (28th); Total Defense -- 352 ypg (T-25th).

PATRIOTS TEAM RANK: Rushing Offense -- 64 yards per game (30th); Passing Offense -- 300.3 ypg (2nd); Total Offense -- 364.3 ypg (5th). Rushing Defense -- 91.7 ypg (6th); Passing Defense -- 194 ypg (11th); Total Defense -- 285.7 ypg (9th).

LAST MEETING: Sept. 29, 2002; Chargers, 21-14. At San Diego, Tomlinson tied a club record with 217 rushing yards as the Chargers halted a 10-game losing streak to the Patriots.

BrentD22
10-02-2005, 02:23 PM
31 - 17 going into the 4th quarter. It's not looking good, but we have come back Tommie Touch Down on our side!

stocker323
10-02-2005, 03:05 PM
That didn't go well.

YanksHater213
10-02-2005, 05:26 PM
Not at all.

schillingouttheks
10-02-2005, 05:56 PM
This was a side of the Patriots we aren't used to seeing. We will bounce back from this loss, whenever something like this happens, you can always trust that Belichick will fix it. I just have a feeling that even though it's only Week 4, our homefield advantage bid has already gone down the shitter with Indianapolis playing unbelievably well.

BrentD22
10-02-2005, 09:29 PM
We're in trouble! I think it's about time we come to terms with the fact that our team just isn't as good with out Harrison, Bruschi, Johnson, Light, Andruzzi, Law, plus I know I'm missing some key reserves and possible some bigger players I didn't think of, not to speak of that Richard Seymour isn't 100% oh ya and Charley our beloved x-offensive cordinator is now with the fighting irish.

There is no way a team can loose all those player and still continue to play as good with out picking up players that are as good or even better than the ones they lost.

I just like most of you would love for the patriots to wow everyone and win this year dispite all the crazy injuries and the players that moved on. They do have a chance to make things right, but it's not going to be easy. If anyone can make it work it's Belicheck, but even Bill is human.

My guess Patriots finish 10-6...

See Red
10-02-2005, 09:37 PM
I don't know about 10-6 even. The Patriots simply aren't as good as they've been in years past.

All of their next 4 games are very losable, especially at Atlanta, at Denver, and hosting Indianapolis.

I think they'll be, at best, 2-2 in these next 4 games.

empirestrikesback26
10-02-2005, 09:51 PM
Chargers are gonna roll again. LT is LT and Gates is coming on again.

BrentD22
10-02-2005, 09:57 PM
I don't know about 10-6 even. The Patriots simply aren't as good as they've been in years past.

All of their next 4 games are very losable, especially at Atlanta, at Denver, and hosting Indianapolis.

I think they'll be, at best, 2-2 in these next 4 games.

I guess I'm hoping for the best, but I sure am hoping for 10-6.

schillingouttheks
10-02-2005, 09:57 PM
Well, we did beat Pittsburgh down all those key players...I just think today was a really bad day. You could tell, our team just didn't have it.

No doubt our team isn't as good as it was last year or years prior, but this team can still get it done. I still think we have a shot at the playoffs, and even at the 'bowl for that matter, but there are a lot of teams I would put ahead of us at this point and time.

schillingouttheks
10-02-2005, 09:58 PM
Oh yeah also! Not to mention...the schedule makers weren't too nice to us, either.

BrentD22
10-02-2005, 10:10 PM
The schedule makers aka the NFL suck! They no doubt have it out for the Pats!

See Red
10-02-2005, 11:45 PM
The schedule makers aka the NFL suck! They no doubt have it out for the Pats!

I wouldn't say that... there are teams with worse schedules... the Chargers being one of them, or were going into the season.

Actually, both teams' divisions as a whole seem to have the toughest schedule. I saw a projected strength of schedule before the season, and AFC West and AFC East teams made up the top eight. It's no coincidence that this is the year the two divisions play eachother.

BrentD22
10-03-2005, 08:18 AM
Our pre-season schedule ranking was 2nd in all of the NFL. I believe our schedule has become even more difficult since then (some teams are better than previously thought).

We still have:

@Atlanta
@Denver
BYE - We'll need it!
Buffalo
Indianapolis
@Miami
New Orleans
@Kansas City
NJ Jets
@Buffalo
Tampa Bay
@Jets
Miami

IMO thats a pretty friggin ballsy schedule.

See Red
10-03-2005, 08:38 AM
Our pre-season schedule ranking was 2nd in all of the NFL. I believe our schedule has become even more difficult since then (some teams are better than previously thought).

We still have:

@Atlanta
@Denver
BYE - We'll need it!
Buffalo
Indianapolis
@Miami
New Orleans
@Kansas City
NJ Jets
@Buffalo
Tampa Bay
@Jets
Miami

IMO thats a pretty friggin ballsy schedule.

Yeah, that's true... I wouldn't say it got any worse as the Bills and Jets aren't going to be as good as previously thought. Miami's a little better, but they're not any sort of threat. And the rest are about as good as expected. The only other one is Denver -- but I thought they'd be a 10 win team, anyway, all the so-called 'experts' thought they'd hover around or below .500.

I think you need to beat Atlanta, or you're going into the bye week 2-4.

I say Denver will beat you because their defense (Held the always solid KC offense to 10) is very underrated and you guys are kind of poor against the run (10th worst). Once Denver develops the run and Jake Plummer can boot and throw on the run -- they're very tough to stop. Put up 20 on a very good Jacksonville defense.

10-6 is a ballsy pick. If not careful, you could have 6 losses by week 13, with that schedule. You won't, but you could.

redsoxfans.com
10-03-2005, 12:20 PM
Im still crying over this game. :)

eZ_d0eS_iT?
10-04-2005, 03:58 AM
well watching this game i was torn since i like both the pats and bolts, but i knew with a healthier and deeper squad, chances were that sd was gonna pull it out. didn't quite see the blowout coming, but like previously mentioned, schedule makers didnt exactly help sd either. they still have philly and pittsburg in the next couple of weeks with oakland sandwiched in.

BrentD22
10-04-2005, 09:19 AM
Quoting Jim Mora "playoffs, huh playoffs?" we're in trouble! The only thing we've got going for us is that we are the Patriots and Belicheck and Brady always found a way to make it work!