10-11-2005, 12:01 AM
http://www.dylanscards.com/_Images/Football%20Helmets/Patriots.gif
New England Patiots: 3-2

@

http://www.nfl-football-merchandise.com/images/nflhelmetden.gif
Denver Broncos: 4-1

schillingouttheks
10-11-2005, 12:05 AM
Well, for an injury, we are hit again with the injury bug, as Willie McGinest broke his hand in last week's game against the Falcons. :angry:

This will be a hard game, especially because it's in Denver. We can take them though, but it will be VERY VERY hard. This is where you wish you had everyone on your team healthy :(

YanksHater213
10-11-2005, 04:30 AM
I believe if we can stop the run we will win. Plummer is not a great QB, and is not as hard as some of the better QBs in the NFL are to contain, so if we can stop the run, I am confident that we can pull this one out of our asses.

riverside sluggers
10-11-2005, 06:19 AM
Well, for an injury, we are hit again with the injury bug, as Willie McGinest broke his hand in last week's game against the Falcons.

This will be a hard game, especially because it's in Denver. We can take them though, but it will be VERY VERY hard. This is where you wish you had everyone on your team healthy

it makes it better that the pats are playing at home, and not at mile high stadium

BrentD22
10-11-2005, 08:35 AM
it makes it better that the pats are playing at home, and not at mile high stadium

I believe they are playing at Mile High (Invesco Field). Sorry I hope this info didn't ruin your day.

riverside sluggers
10-11-2005, 08:54 AM
my bad, i'll be ready to pray

DrewDaGreat
10-11-2005, 11:24 AM
Bring on the Broncos! Is Seymour playing?

See Red
10-11-2005, 12:57 PM
Mike Shanahan's play calling can get pretty predictable at times... especially on 3rd and 4th or short where they always do a fake to the FB, and toss it to the RB -- Washington saw it coming on Sunday, but Tatum Bell still turned it into a 35+ yard TD run. Bell had 127 on 12 carries against a very good Washington D, so stopping the run won't be easy. I'm a Broncos fan, being from Colorado, so it should be a fun week of discussion.

schillingouttheks
10-11-2005, 01:56 PM
Sweet, now we got some football discussion. As for the Broncos...what happened to Quentin Griffin? Does he still return punts and backup RB?

See Red
10-11-2005, 04:25 PM
Sweet, now we got some football discussion. As for the Broncos...what happened to Quentin Griffin? Does he still return punts and backup RB?

Quentin Griffin is no longer on the Broncos.

He got waived, i believe, towards the end of the preseason, and then they resigned him when Mike Anderson and Tatum Bell got hurt in the first game, and then they waived him, again.

I believe Charlie Adams returns kickoffs while Darrent Williams returns the punts.

Sox Fan on Cape
10-13-2005, 11:54 AM
Wednesday's Injury report :

Wednesday Injury Report
Submitted by Chris on Wed, 2005-10-12 19:50.
Without further ado, here's the latest Patriots' injury report...

Chad Scott, CB (Out-Placed on IR) Shoulder
Kevin Faulk, RB (Out) Foot, Missed Portion of Practice
Matt Light, T (Out) Ankle, Missed Portion of Practice
Tully Banta-Cain, LB (Probable) Knee, Missed Portion of Practice
Tom Brady, QB (Probable) Right Shoulder
Troy Brown, WR (Probable) Foot, Missed Portion of Practice
Matt Chatham, LB (Probable) Knee, Missed Portion of Practice
Corey Dillon, RB (Probable) Ankle, Missed Portion of Practice
Randall Gay, CB (Probable) Ankle, Missed Portion of Practice
Jarvis Green, DE (Probable) Shoulder, Missed Portion of Practice
Marquise Hill, DE (Probable) Ankle, Missed Portion of Practice
Larry Izzo, LB (Probable) Thigh, Missed Portion of Practice
Willie McGinest, LB (Probable) Finger, Missed Portion of Practice
Tyrone Poole, CB (Probable) Ankle, Missed Portion of Practice
James Sanders, S (Probable) Ankle, Missed Portion of Practice
Guss Scott, S (Probable) Knee, Missed Portion of Practice
Richard Seymour, DE (Probable) Knee, Missed Portion of Practice
Duane Starks, CB (Probable) Thigh, Missed Portion of Practice

http://www.patsfans.com/price/blog/?q=node/75

Sox Fan on Cape
10-13-2005, 12:01 PM

He got waived, i believe, towards the end of the preseason, and then they resigned him when Mike Anderson and Tatum Bell got hurt in the first game, and then they waived him, again.

I believe Charlie Adams returns kickoffs while Darrent Williams returns the punts.

I think he had a work out with the Pats earlier this week.

See Red
10-13-2005, 03:07 PM
Do the Patriots ever get in trouble with the NFL for the way they do their injury reports?

schillingouttheks
10-13-2005, 06:51 PM

Oh. :lol: My bad. As for the injury reports...I dont think so, what's wrong with the way they do them ( the injury reports )?

See Red
10-13-2005, 09:08 PM
It seems like they don't give much information, and it seems like a good chunk of their roster is 'probable'... and I know the NFL is pretty big with teams releasing accurate injury reports because, and they'll never admit to this, it helps with the betting on games. I remember the Broncos got in trouble for releasing false information about an injury to Jake Plummer 2 years ago, I believe.

I dunno... I remember hearing that Bill Belichek got mad because a Steelers trainer tried to help tend to a fallen Patriot and that Bill Belichek was pretty secretive.

I don't nessecarily think Belicheck has a bad way of going about this as I would be the same way... but I thought the NFL was pretty strict about this kinda stuff.

schillingouttheks
10-13-2005, 09:21 PM
Oh, I don't know. Lol, as far as I know, the NFL hasn't gotten the Pats in trouble as far as injury reports go.

Sox Fan on Cape
10-13-2005, 10:33 PM
Teddy B. has 3 weeks to make it back this year.

BrentD22
10-15-2005, 11:53 PM
From what I've researched the NFL requires teams to fully disclose the status of all players leading up until a game. There is some gray area here. The injury report is from Wednesday - Friday. If an injury accures on Saturday the team is to call the league about it, but it might not be added to the offical report (although both teams will/should know). Other than fines there really is no real punishment for not fully disclosing this info.

I know most people think "of it's because of gambling...". I don't see it that way. I see it as the league agreeing to all follow the same rules. If one team says well all teams must follow this rule, but we refuse. There should be a real penalty of some sort. Weather they suspend players, coaching staff, or something more substantial than fines is needed.

The league should assign 32 league officals that have free rainge to sit in on team meetings, discuss injuries, contract deals with players, ect to insure that behind closed doors teams are following the rules. If they do anything less than that the league will start to loose credibility. After baseball and steriods I think a lot of people just assume that cheating including steriod use if rampat amoungst all pro-leagues/teams.

BrentD22
10-15-2005, 11:57 PM
Alright to discuss the game.

Big game (like all games). This one however is a very important game for the rest of the season. The Pats must make a chose to play some players this week that may be 80% or sit them knowing they'll have 2 weeks with the bye week coming up to rest them. Now doing that may cost them the game, then again maybe not. It's a tuff call. I believe if we can manage to sit these guys and still win it will carry us through the seaosn on a big streak! We'll be back to our old form as the leagues dominant team. Now just the opposit can happen. If the Pats decide to play these guys, they suffer further injuries, then the possibilty of loosing the game and we could find ourselves in a mini hole that won't be too deep, but it's a lot different than the other way this game could go.

Sox Fan on Cape
10-16-2005, 02:42 AM
Rumor has it, the following will not play :

Defensive lineman Richard Seymour
Defensive lineman Marquise Hill
Safety Guss Scott
Cornerback Tyrone Poole
Receiver Troy Brown

YanksHater213
10-16-2005, 06:46 AM
We REALLY need Poole back... he has been pretty damn good for us. I would say since Scott is out, maybe move Asante Samuel to safety, but Poole isnt playing. So I dont really know what to think today except this: Stop the run, and keep the ball in Plummers hand. He cant hurt you nearly as much as their backs can.

Sox Fan on Cape
10-16-2005, 07:26 AM
I think Denver is going to run, run, and run somemore.

YanksHater213
10-16-2005, 07:29 AM
I dont think they will, I know they will, haha. Which is why if we can stop the run, it will make them think twice about their gameplan and throw it more. And we all know Jake Plummer is no all-pro quarterback...

Sox Fan on Cape
10-16-2005, 07:39 AM
Brady is going to have a game like last week to give us a chance.

YanksHater213
10-16-2005, 07:48 AM
No doubt. Dillon will need to show up as well. He needs a break out game today.

BrentD22
10-16-2005, 11:25 AM
WOW you guys really think we can stop the run? I don't know. We have problems with this all season and now we have even more guys down with injury. I think our defense is going to have their hands full today and if we are to get a win our offense will have to come up big again this week. Brady has the tools, the confidence, and the skill if anyone can do it he can.

YanksHater213
10-16-2005, 02:39 PM
I never said I thought we would, I was simply saying thats the only way I think we will win.

BrentD22
10-16-2005, 03:34 PM
Corey Dillon is in pads although he has not got into the game yet. They said "coaches decision".

schillingouttheks
10-16-2005, 03:47 PM
Holy fucking shit!! WHAT A HIT BY SAMUEL ON PUTZIER!!!!!!

riverside sluggers
10-16-2005, 04:13 PM
omg this amos zerroue guy is not getting anything done for the pats

schillingouttheks
10-16-2005, 04:19 PM
It's not Amos, it's the fucking offensive line.

Sox Fan on Cape
10-16-2005, 04:30 PM
Teddy medically cleared !!

schillingouttheks
10-16-2005, 04:31 PM
I'm glad with Bruschi's news, but this game is very ugly :angry:

Sox Fan on Cape
10-16-2005, 04:35 PM
Not only no running game, but Dillion is a great blocker.

Sox Fan on Cape
10-16-2005, 04:46 PM
God the D is looking bad !

schillingouttheks
10-16-2005, 04:47 PM
Is this 21 unanswered fucking points? ARE YOU KIDDING ME??

DrewDaGreat
10-16-2005, 04:49 PM
Defense=awful

Sox Fan on Cape
10-16-2005, 05:30 PM
It's not happening today. They don't have the soldiers.

riverside sluggers
10-16-2005, 05:44 PM
whats really sad, in the first 6 games the pats defense havent been able to hold any team under 20 points. Thru today's game thus far, they are giving up an average 27 points a game

Sox Fan on Cape
10-16-2005, 05:47 PM
whats really said, in the first 6 games the pats defense havent been able to hold any team under 20 points. Thru today's game thus far, they are giving up an average 27 points a game
That's a fact, but the defense is beat to crap.

schillingouttheks
10-16-2005, 06:32 PM
Is this 21 unanswered fucking points? ARE YOU KIDDING ME??
Well, I was pissed at that point, but we have scored 17 unanswered and we got a ball game again folks. 28-20 Broncos with 8 mins left in the 4th.

DrewDaGreat
10-16-2005, 06:47 PM
Horrible, letting Putzier beat you.

And Givens should have had that ball on te last drive.

No more timeouts. This stinks.

schillingouttheks
10-16-2005, 06:49 PM
Great, and a first down. Game.

BrentD22
10-16-2005, 11:54 PM
Well this game hurt. I think Bill made the correct decision to rest Dillon and some of the other guys. With the bye next we should come back the week after stronger than we are now. The question is how strong?

ARod2212
10-17-2005, 05:33 PM
Don't worry, you are still the best team in the east. The Jets just went and died today when their best player went out for the year (Kevin Mawae).

YanksHater213
10-17-2005, 05:35 PM
Mawae is pretty much the Rodney Harrison of the Jets. Plays the full 60 minutes, even if theyre losing, full intensity, makes his presence felt all the time. Too bad for them, you guys know how we feel now after losing Chad, Jay, and now Mawae.