PDA

View Full Version : NBA Dress Code

Moose
10-18-2005, 04:36 PM
This is old news, but I see nobody has posted this topic.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Al_18umTJ12H6ejVzIZCUW.8vLYF?slug=ap-nbadresscode-stern&prov=ap&type=lgns

See, we all know the NBA is Hip Hop culture. I know David Stern just wants the players to look "professional." IMHO, just let the players wear what they want.

YankeeDoodle
10-18-2005, 05:07 PM
Why are basketball coaches in SUITS? It's not like that in any other sport...just looks a bit, odd given the situation.

Manny Goes Boom
10-18-2005, 06:13 PM
It will be funny to see people like Iverson and Artest in suits on the sideline.

And I agree let them wear what they want.

yankeessuck013
10-18-2005, 06:21 PM
who cares, they don't go to the arena to look pretty, they go there to win.

Manny Goes Boom
10-18-2005, 06:26 PM
who cares, they don't go to the arena to look pretty, they go there to win.

Exactly, thats why I said let them wear what they want. But it goes for the bench too, the injured players wearing street clothes, so Stern wants 'em looking nice, But whatever, I still say let them wear what they want.

YanksHater213
10-18-2005, 08:20 PM
I dont give a shit what they wear. I understand what Stern is talking about though, how he wants to change the leagues image.

thewarriorscode12
10-19-2005, 12:28 AM
They are employees of the NBA. The NBA is in with corporate America. So essentially, NBA players work for a giant corporation. And most corporations have dress codes, so I'm fine with this. I think it's a bit silly, but the employer has the right to enforce a dress code.

Moose
10-20-2005, 12:14 AM
"I think it's a racist statement because a lot of the guys who are wearing chains are my age and are black..." "I wore all my jewelry today to let it be known that I'm upset with it."

"I'll wear a suit every day. I think we do need to look more professional because it is a business. A lot of guys have gotten sloppy with the way they dress. But it's one thing to [enforce a] dress code and it's another thing if you're attacking cultures, and that's what I think they're doing."

- Pacers' G Stephen Jackson

__________________________________________________ ________________________
Racism? God, here we go again.

MC Hammer
10-20-2005, 06:45 AM
... WTF!?

So just because black guys his age wear chains Stern banning them is racist? Steven Jackson I knew you were a moron, but wow ... you are a FUCKING MORON. You do understand that people of every race wear gold chains right? You do understand that your race is not the only one that does this right? You also realize that your comment was more racist than Stern's rule right? Have you see Jason Williams? I believe he has more jewlery than half the NBA ... AND HE'S WHITE! Shut your cry baby ass up and go beat up some more fans you punk ass moron. Stephen Jackson and everyone who thinks like him should be shot.

thewarriorscode12
10-20-2005, 12:35 PM
... WTF!?

So just because black guys his age wear chains Stern banning them is racist? Steven Jackson I knew you were a moron, but wow ... you are a FUCKING MORON. You do understand that people of every race wear gold chains right? You do understand that your race is not the only one that does this right? You also realize that your comment was more racist than Stern's rule right? Have you see Jason Williams? I believe he has more jewlery than half the NBA ... AND HE'S WHITE! Shut your cry baby ass up and go beat up some more fans you punk ass moron. Stephen Jackson and everyone who thinks like him should be shot.
Agreed 100%.

Sox fan in Tex
10-20-2005, 06:11 PM
... WTF!?

Don't be a dumbass. You know exactly who this code is directed towards. When was the last time you saw a guy like Steve Nash wearing jewelry. And are you serious... Jason Williams might as well call himself black, look at the guy:

http://cbs.sportsline.com/u/photos/allsport/2001/jun/williamstraded62701.jpg

I don't necessarily agree with Steven Jackson, but I can see 100% where he is coming from. Stern isn't the smartest guys to begin with either.

P.S. Take all the shots you want at the guy and his team, but the fact of the matter is the state of Indiana HAS A BASKETBALL TEAM. The only time we hear from your state regarding basketball is when Iverson runs off his mouth. Heck, the only time we hear from your state SPORTS WISE is when the Patriots kick the crap out of the Steelers.

http://www.redneck.org/piss.gifhttp://re2.mm-c1.yimg.com/image/1293212072

thewarriorscode12
10-20-2005, 09:52 PM
Don't be a dumbass. You know exactly who this code is directed towards. When was the last time you saw a guy like Steve Nash wearing jewelry. And are you serious... Jason Williams might as well call himself black, look at the guy:

I don't necessarily agree with Steven Jackson, but I can see 100% where he is coming from. Stern isn't the smartest guys to begin with either.

P.S. Take all the shots you want at the guy and his team, but the fact of the matter is the state of Indiana HAS A BASKETBALL TEAM. The only time we hear from your state regarding basketball is when Iverson runs off his mouth. Heck, the only time we hear from your state SPORTS WISE is when the Patriots kick the crap out of the Steelers.

Ummm Steve Nash dresses like a hobo a lot of the time, so this rule effects him as well. I hate how everything is made about race these days.......:thumbdown

Sox fan in Tex
10-20-2005, 10:57 PM
Sorry thewarriorscode, but because he's not always in a suit off the court doesn't make the guy dress like a hobo. You could give your argument with his hair, but you're not making much of a point there. Example one:

http://www.ilcannocchiale.it/blogs/bloggerarchimg/extraterrestre/act_steve_nash.jpg

Now where was I? Oh yes, making fun of Pennsylvania sports teams. :lol:

thewarriorscode12
10-20-2005, 11:08 PM
Sorry thewarriorscode, but because he's not always in a suit off the court doesn't make the guy dress like a hobo. You could give your argument with his hair, but you're not making much of a point there. Example one:

http://www.ilcannocchiale.it/blogs/bloggerarchimg/extraterrestre/act_steve_nash.jpg

Now where was I? Oh yes, making fun of Pennsylvania sports teams. :lol:
I was using exaggeration to prove a point. The fact remains, some white players will be effected by this new rule.

Manny Goes Boom
10-21-2005, 12:38 AM
LOL. :lol: Tex your pics are old.

JimBrown32
10-21-2005, 11:19 AM
I hate how these dipshit's say it's racist, it's not, infact I think it's the right thing to do. These monkeys think so much of themselves, it's not a good example. Dumb ass Iverson was sayin' he couldn't afford it or something, bullshit, he makes well over 16 million a year, he's a professional athlete, it doesn't matter. Latrell Sprewell can't feed his kids on 14.8 million dollars a year? This is an outrage, these assholes have the nerve to sit an bitch about it, what the fuck, they need to stop leaving their bling blings and shit hangin out anyway. I think they don't deserve what they make, they're having fun, sure they work their asses off, but at the most I'd pay is 10 million for someone like Kevin Garnett and 20 million only for Wilt Chamberlain and Michael Jordan, it's BS. They didn't bitch and wear all sorts of stuff.

Stephen Jackson is a fucking idiot, he's probably the biggest idiot in the NBA, he's bitching about being suspended about kicking a fan's ass, and now this. There is nothing wrong with it, if he doesn't like it he can just cram walnuts.

asindc
10-21-2005, 11:19 AM
... WTF!?

Aside from having Mr. Jackson shot for being an idiot, I agree with your point. I heard on Kornheiser's local DC radio show yesterday that what started all this with Stern is how some of the players dressed during the Olympics last year. There was a state dinner the basketball team was invited to last year during one of the tune up games in Serbia. The Serbian President was the host. Some of the guys showed up in bandanas and throwback jerseys. Apparently Larry Brown wanted to send them home to the U.S. right then and there. If you don't institute a league-wide dress code, some of these guys, Black and White, will remain clueless.

MC Hammer
10-22-2005, 08:44 PM

Shit my fault. Let me pull 200 mill out of my ass and buy an NBA team. I don't understand how it is my fault that Pittsburgh doesn't have a basketball team. BTW the with the reemergence of the NHL the NBA is the forth sport ... so I could really careless if we have a team or not.

I don't think this rule is directed at any specific race, and if you think that way then YOU ARE A RACIST. Did Stern say that "the black guys can't wear gold" or did he say "no one can"?

There are way too many people in this country that think "Ole' Whitey" is out to get them. Ole' Whitey has been over compensatating for the mistakes of the past for decades now, yet many minorities refuse to accept that. It's time to grow up and stop crying that white people are out to get you.

This is sooooooooo not a major issue, but dumb people like Stephen "I punch fans" Jackson make it one.

P.S. Saying Jason Williams wants to be black, or should call himself black is also a racist statement.

empirestrikesback26
10-22-2005, 09:08 PM
They have a job. Just because they do something physical and it's called a game doesn't mean it's not a job, and in a job you have a boss. If the boss wants a standard of dress, he gets it. What's the discussion here? Dress in a suit to the game, is that so hard?

thewarriorscode12
10-22-2005, 11:02 PM
They have a job. Just because they do something physical and it's called a game doesn't mean it's not a job, and in a job you have a boss. If the boss wants a standard of dress, he gets it. What's the discussion here? Dress in a suit to the game, is that so hard?
For about 90% of the workforce it isn't, but I guess NBA players feel the need to be different. Also, this a good opportunity to cry racism, America never gets sick of crying racism.