Buffalo Bills at Oakland Raiders
Tennesse Titans at Arizona Cardinals
Baltimore Ravens at Chicago Bears
Denver Broncos at New York Giants

Monday, October 24
New York Jets at Atlanta Falcons

YanksHater213
10-22-2005, 07:58 AM
Way to choose the Chiefs after they win. ;)

Mine:

Chiefs over Phins (duh)
Lions over Browns (Yes, Jeff Garcia will win)
Colts over Texans (ugh)
Rams over Saints (If Bulger plays...)
Eagles over Chargers (Yeah...)
Packers over Vikings (Theyd rather be fucking than playing football... sad...)
Bengals over Steelers (Carson could be the MVP. Carson to Johnson could be the new Peyton to Harrison, Young to Rice, etc)
49ers over Redskins (Yep, Alex gets his first win as a starter)
Seahawks over Cowboys (Julius Jones isnt expected to play...)
Bills over Raiders (I dont think Moss is playing... check that... anyways I say Holcomb brings the Bills another win)
Cardinals over Titans (Fitzgerald and Boldin have been nothing short of spectacular the last 2 weeks)
Ravens over Bears (Anemic offense vs. Anemic offense, this is a toss up)
Broncos over Giants (Yep, Broncos are for real)
Falcons over Jets (Too much Vick, Dunn, and Duckett for the Jets defense to handle)

yankeessuck013
10-22-2005, 09:56 AM
Friday, October 21
Kansas City Chiefs at Miami Dolphins

Sunday, October 23
Detroit Lions at Cleveland Browns
Indianapolis Colts at Houston Texans
New Orleans Saints at St. Louis Rams
San Diego Chargers at Philadelphia Eagles
Green Bay Packers at Minnesota Vikings
Pittsburgh Steelers at Cincinnati Bengals
San Francisco 49ers at Washington Redskins
Dallas Cowboys at Seattle Seahawks

Monday, October 24

schillingouttheks
10-22-2005, 12:24 PM
BB&N over Belmont Hill ;)

Hah, big game for my high school team today, playing at Alumni Stadium at 7 tonight. DRILL THE HILL.

I'll do my other picks later. Excuse me while I go get pumped up with my team lol.

Ray10
10-22-2005, 01:04 PM
Im going with.

Detroit over Cleveland
Minnesota over Green Bay
Indianapolis over Houston
New Orleans over St Louis
Cincinnatti over Pittsburgh
Philedalphia over San Deigo
San Fran over Washington
Dallas over Seattle
Chicago over Baltimore
Oakland over Buffalo
Denver over N.Y Giants
Tenesse over Arizona

Monday nighter
Atlanta over N.Y Jets

See Red
10-22-2005, 02:09 PM
Friday, October 21

I'll be honest about it... I had the Dolphins taking it.

Sunday, October 23

Monday, October 24

riverside sluggers
10-22-2005, 03:14 PM
even before friday, chiefs were def my pick.

Die Hard fan of Patriots + Dolphins and Patriots are in same division=

do the math

YanksHater213
10-22-2005, 04:19 PM
I believe you... notice the ;)

thewarriorscode12
10-22-2005, 05:27 PM
Week 7 Picks

Friday, October 21

Sunday, October 23

Monday, October 24
Mine:
Detroit
Sadly, Indy
New Orleans
Philly
Green Bay
Pittsburgh
Washington
Dallas
Raiders
Titans
Bears
Denver
Atlanta

See Red
10-22-2005, 07:36 PM
Broncos over Giants (Yep, Broncos are for real)

Best thing I've read all day. :D

MC Hammer
10-22-2005, 08:29 PM
Wow what is with the entire country right now? I don't understand why everyone is in love with the Bengals. They've played 1 team that is over .500, and they lost. They've been beating up on the bottom feeders of the NFL, yet they are regarded as one of the best teams ... I dont get it. Their defense is extremely suspect, and getting worse, and if you can get pressure on Carson he's not this MVP(AHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA oh god I just pissed my pants) candidate that everyone is saying he is. Ike, and Troy will bracket CJ and shut him down, and this game wont be all that close.

Sunday, October 23
New Orleans Saints at St. Louis Rams(anyone who picked the Rams must be crazy ... they are nothing without Bulger)
Pittsburgh Steelers at Cincinnati Bengals(The Bengals bandwagon might tip over with everyone trying to jump off at the same time after this game)
Baltimore Ravens at Chicago Bears(I think me and any 10 posters on this board could beat the ravens right now.)
Denver Broncos at New York Giants(The Giants and Eli will prove they are not forreal.)

Monday, October 24
New York Jets at Atlanta Falcons(Anyone see Vick's little brother play yet this year? He can actually throw a pass)

stocker323
10-22-2005, 10:40 PM
Saints over Rams
Packers over Vikings
Eagles over Chargers
Redskins over 49ers
Bengals over Steelers
Colts over Texans
Browns over Lions
Seahawks over Cowboys
Bills over Raiders
Broncos over Giants
Cardinals over Titans
Ravens over Bears
Falcons over Jets

MC Hammer
10-23-2005, 02:50 PM
Everyone about ready to hop off that bungals bandwagon?

See Red
10-23-2005, 03:24 PM
I figured Big Ben wouldn't be 100% for the Steelers and I'd also heard that Hines Ward wouldn't play. Add to that Cincinnatti being at home and you got my motivation for picking them.

They may be overrated... but Carson Palmer is for real. Haven't seen his stats for todays game, though.

Sox fan in Tex
10-23-2005, 03:36 PM
Everyone about ready to hop off that bungals bandwagon?

And yet no matter how you look at it, these Bengals that you think suck so much have one more win than that chump Roethlisberger. 9/14 for 93 yards with an INT and two TDs? Just a touch overrated. :lol:

P.S. Because no one else is going to stick up for Cincinnati -- STANDINGS:

Team W-L PCT
Cincinnati 5-2 .714
pittsburgh 4-2 .667

It's okay though, MC. When your boys lose to the Ravens twice over the next four weeks and Baltimore takes over second place in the AFC North, I know you won't be running your mouth. :lol:

See Red
10-23-2005, 03:40 PM
And yet no matter how you look at it, these Bengals that you think suck so much have one more win than that chump Roethlisberger. 9/14 for 93 yards with an INT and two TDs? Just a touch overrated. :lol:

I'm with you on that one. You're the first person that seems to agree with me.

If you throw Roethlisberger into a system where he has to make plays to win football games -- he's a very average QB.

See Red
10-23-2005, 04:23 PM
Is anyone else watching this Broncos/Giants game?

How many times can get Plaxico Burress get away with pass interference?

riverside sluggers
10-23-2005, 04:53 PM
I just hate seeing these headlines that Roethlisberger is carrying the team, the Pittsburgh running offense is doing so just like last season. He's obviously not up in the ranks of Peyton Manning and Tom Brady just yet. Big ben averages under 200 passing yards a game

See Red
10-23-2005, 05:12 PM
I just hate seeing these headlines that Roethlisberger is carrying the team, the Pittsburgh running offense is doing so just like last season. He's obviously not up in the ranks of Peyton Manning and Tom Brady just yet. Big ben averages under 200 passing yards a game

He's in a system where he just has to not make mistakes, basically.

The reason the Patriots have had so much success against the Steelers is because they make Roethlisberger beat them. And he can't.

The only thing I hate more than the Big Ben lovefest is the constant Jake Plummer bashing. Plummer isn't particularly great, but he's not as bad as everyone makes him out to be.

See Red
10-23-2005, 06:27 PM
... Jason fucking Elam gave the Giants new life with a missed FG.

Giants will, in all likelihood, beat the Broncos.

MC Hammer
10-23-2005, 06:41 PM

P.S. Because no one else is going to stick up for Cincinnati -- STANDINGS:

Team W-L PCT
Cincinnati 5-2 .714
pittsburgh 4-2 .667

It's okay though, MC. When your boys lose to the Ravens twice over the next four weeks and Baltimore takes over second place in the AFC North, I know you won't be running your mouth. :lol:
As they say ... stats are for losers. The only stat that matters is the +1 in the W column. You can try to piss me off but it's not going to happen. The Steelers couldn't have dominated this game anymore than they did, and they couldn't have completely shut up every single bungals fan more than they did. You can go ahead and bad mouth Ben all you want but at the end of the day he's the best QB in the league according to QB Rating.

If anyone thinks any team but the Steelers are winning this division then they are just kidding themselves. The Ravens were dead after week 2, and the Bungals have now come back to earth.

Here's a nice stat. Bengals vs. teams under .500 - 5-0. Bengals vs. teams over .500 0-2. Hmmm ... sign of a team thats not so good?

riverside sluggers
10-23-2005, 07:12 PM
As they say ... stats are for losers. The only stat that matters is the +1 in the W column. You can try to piss me off but it's not going to happen. The Steelers couldn't have dominated this game anymore than they did, and they couldn't have completely shut up every single bungals fan more than they did. You can go ahead and bad mouth Ben all you want but at the end of the day he's the best QB in the league according to QB Rating.

isnt the QB rating a stat as well? just wondering...

well yes if you dont throw the ball that much, you will have a good rating. "Big Ben" has completed a total of 61 passes in 6 games, or basically average of just 10 passes a game :what: . the running offense is carrying the team singlehandedly, ben is along for the ride.

See Red
10-23-2005, 07:14 PM
And if the defense has to, almost constantly, put 8 men in the box to stop the run, it's not particularly difficult to have a high QB Rating.

MC Hammer
10-23-2005, 09:39 PM
I'm not going to have this argument because it's either jealousy or just bitterness that Ben is so awesome. The only thing I'll say is that all you can do as part of a team is come through when your team gives you the oppertunities to. It's not Ben's fault that we have such a great team that he doesn't need to pass much.

BTW he has led 4 4th quarter comeback drives to either tie or win a game, so lets no act like he's never done anything. Say whatever you want about the guy but at the end of the day his career regular season record is 18-2. If you don't think Ben has just a little something to do with this team kicking ass over the last year and a half then you are a complete fucking moron.

and yes QB Rating is a stat but my quote was pointing to the fact that fans of the losing team always say things like ... "well we beat you in passing yards" or "or defense held you to blah blah yards". When you win a game then you can look at stats and gloat about things ... not after you get completely burried.

stocker323
10-23-2005, 09:41 PM
I'm not going to have this argument because it's either jealousy or just bitterness that Ben is so awesome. The only thing I'll say is that all you can do as part of a team is come through when your team gives you the oppertunities to. It's not Ben's fault that we have such a great team that he doesn't need to pass much.

BTW he has led 4 4th quarter comeback drives to either tie or win a game, so lets no act like he's never done anything. Say whatever you want about the guy but that the end of the day his career regular season record is 18-2.

and yes QB Rating is a stat but my quote was pointing to the fact that fans of the losing team always say things like ... "well we beat you in passing yards" or "or defense held you to blah blah yards". When you win a game then you can look at stats and gloat about things ... not after you get completely burried.

I don't get what there is to be jealous of Ben. How he has yet to perform well in a playoff game?

YanksHater213
10-23-2005, 09:42 PM
BTW he has led 4 4th quarter comeback drives to either tie or win a game, so lets no act like he's never done anything.

Your point? Brady has 19...

MC Hammer
10-23-2005, 09:45 PM
Your point? Brady has 19...
And how many games has Brady played? And how many has ben played?

I never bashed Brady, nor will I ever. The guy is flat out the best QB in the league, and has been for the last few years. DESPITE THE STATS. Everyone wants to bash ben for not throwing the ball 50 times and having huge stats, but Brady's whole career has been built on winning, and not stats. The street has to go both ways guys.

MC Hammer
10-23-2005, 09:47 PM
I don't get what there is to be jealous of Ben. How he has yet to perform well in a playoff game?
He was a rookie last year. He had the best year a rookie has ever had in NFL HISTORY. He's had a whoping 2 GAMES to prove himself in the playoffs. You guys can jump all over Ben if you want to but you really have no grounds to do so. Winning games is all that matters in the NFL, or in any sport, 18-2 ... thats all that matters ... 19-3 if you wanna count the playoffs. Him having 1 bad playoff game ... he wasn't bad against the Pats ... they were just much better ... doesn't worry me.

YanksHater213
10-23-2005, 09:48 PM
I never bashed Ben... I just thought you were saying that Ben was the best QB in the league... which isnt true. Fact is, that since they have 3 more than capable running backs, he doesnt need to throw 50 times a game, and what it pretty much comes down to, is that when he has to throw, he executes almost every time.

stocker323
10-23-2005, 09:49 PM
He was a rookie last year. He had the best year a rookie has ever had in NFL HISTORY. He's had a whoping 2 GAMES to prove himself in the playoffs. You guys can jump all over Ben if you want to but you really have no grounds to do so. Winning games is all that matters in the NFL, or in any sport, 18-2 ... thats all that matters ... 19-3 if you wanna count the playoffs. Him having 1 bad playoff game ... he wasn't bad against the Pats ... they were just much better ... doesn't worry me.

I'm not saying he's a bad QB, I'm just not jealous of him when I can watch #12 all year.

MC Hammer
10-23-2005, 09:50 PM
I never bashed Ben... I just thought you were saying that Ben was the best QB in the league... which isnt true. Fact is, that since they have 3 more than capable running backs, he doesnt need to throw 50 times a game, and what it pretty much comes down to, is that when he has to throw, he executes almost every time.
No I would never say that Ben is out right the best QB in the league(yet!), but he is definatly top 5.

BTW jesus christ this guy is a 2nd year QB ... people judge him as though he's been in the league for 10 years.

Sox fan in Tex
10-23-2005, 11:32 PM
So what do you want people to say, MC? The point is, a victory against Cincinnati is still nothing to brag about when you're sitting behind them.

'Big Ben is a god', is that way you want people to think? Or here's the best one, Ben is just SO ALLSOME. :lol: :

I'm not going to have this argument because it's either jealousy or just bitterness that Ben is so awesome.

MC Hammer
10-24-2005, 06:36 AM
So what do you want people to say, MC? The point is, a victory against Cincinnati is still nothing to brag about when you're sitting behind them.

'Big Ben is a god', is that way you want people to think? Or here's the best one, Ben is just SO ALLSOME. :lol: :
First of all it wasn't just a victory over the Bengals. The Bengals came into this game thinking that they were better than the Steelers. Hell apparently the whole board and 2/3rds of the country thought that too. The Steelers didn't just win, they completely embaressed the Bengals. It's more than just us being .5 behind them ... it's a psycological edge we have over them now. Now they know that they are still the Bungals and we are still the Steelers. We went into, a Super Bowl contender's house, and dominated the game.

I don't know where you got allsome from ... maybe I typed that the other day ... whatever. I don't really care what people say about him as long as their fair. Bashing him for only throwing 20 passes isn't fair. He doesn't call the plays. I just don't understand how you can bash a guy for being damn near perfect when his number is called. The reason yesturday that I said someone must be jealous is because that is the only way this makes sense. Especially considering I've yet to bash Brady or any other QB in the league for that matter.

Well yeah that was a BS quote, but when everyone is jumping on your QB after he WON a fucking game you have to defend him.

I don't know what your fucking problem is. We've had no bad blood in the past, but you really seem like your trying to pick a fight. Is it because the Texans blow? Or the Cowboys?

Sox Fan on Cape
10-24-2005, 08:18 AM
I don't know what the problem is. Ben is one of the top quarterbacks in the league. The only potential negative is that he hasn't won the big game. I'd be proud if I was a Pittsburg fan.

MC Hammer
10-24-2005, 04:45 PM
I don't know what the problem is. Ben is one of the top quarterbacks in the league. The only potential negative is that he hasn't won the big game. I'd be proud if I was a Pittsburg fan.
Exactly and thats why I'm having this argument. I wouldn't care if he was getting even a little respect but saying he is only good because of a system is down right stupid. Saying that he doesn't throw enough is just a different kind of stupid. Nothing matters but W's, and over the last year and a half Ben has the msot in the league. I don't care if he doesn't throw a single pass all game. He manages the game better than any QB on our roster(see: Tommy Turnover week 6). He is THE QB for this offense. He does absolutly everything we need our QB to do, and thats why he is considered a top tier QB in the eyes of SMART fans. Tom Brady does everything the Pats need him to do, and a lot more ... thats why he's the best QB.

As far as a product of the system. So is every player in the league, because every team has a system. Some players find the right system and flurish, some end up being busts.

Sox fan in Tex
10-24-2005, 04:59 PM
I don't know what your fucking problem is. We've had no bad blood in the past, but you really seem like your trying to pick a fight. Is it because the Texans blow? Or the Cowboys?

Hate the Cowboys. I'm from Houston, so I'm a Texans fan. But the Texans or Cowboys will get to the Super Bowl before Pitt does. And I was watching ESPN and thinking about it, and I agree with Jaws... I'll take Carson Palmer over Big Ben in second year QBs. You ACTUALLY think this guy should be in comparison with the rest of the league? :lol:

Heck, my boy, David Carr played against the best defense in the league (Indianapolis Colts) this last week and he put up around the same numbers that this so called "star" in Pittsburgh did against the Bengals.

And we have no bad blood, I just don't see why you'd brag to Bengals fans about beating a team that hasn't finished over .500 in 8 years.

riverside sluggers
10-24-2005, 09:04 PM
umm haha anyone else watching monday night football? im hoping these espn analysts are eating their words about now, with them saying testaverde will be a savior for the jets. yea savior my ass

first 4 Jets posessions

Vinny fumbled--Atlanta's following posession led to a touchdown
Vinny fumbled again--Atlanta followed with a field goal
punt
Vinny fumbled... again--recovered by defense for a touchdown

riverside sluggers
10-25-2005, 05:34 AM
week 7 picks in review
teams that won, underlined

Friday, October 21

Sunday, October 23

Monday, October 24
New York Jets at Atlanta Falcons (haha oh man now testaverde "the new savior" has also been sidelined from some time due to an injury, Brooks Bollinger will get the start who did do a good job in the 4th quarter trying to get his team going)