PDA

View Full Version : Chicago SUCKS

Sox fan in Tex
10-24-2005, 05:10 PM
According to an Astros spokesperson, Patty Biggio, wife of Astros second baseman Craig Biggio, had her hair pulled by a White Sox fan after the game. She was shaken, but is fine. Chicago police arrested the man.

Biggio was actually on 790 (sports station in Houston) this afternoon and said she actually chased the guy down and did something to him. Craig said he will "leave it at that" as to what exactly she did.

A Chicagoinian attacking an opposing fan? NO WAY! Probably one of these dumb ****s like this noted Chicago fan:

http://www.feoamante.com/News/Images/basebrawl01.jpg

Typical south siders, reasons like this are why Cubbie fans could care less about those white trash slime balls. Just know Chi-Sox, when you make the trip to Houston you will be treated with class and the way baseball fans are supposed to act.

P.S. 1917.

Soxfan#1
10-24-2005, 05:13 PM
That is funny yet very mean.

BoSox84
10-24-2005, 05:30 PM
OOO, your tough posting that on a internet forum, please. Why dont you go get a life, better yet go in your garage close the doors and windows and start your car you'll be doing humanity a big favor.

PS what the hell is a Chicagoinian?I think you mean Chicagoan, if your going to try and talk shit atleast get the name right and not look like a dumbass.

Sox fan in Tex
10-24-2005, 05:45 PM
OOO, your tough posting that on a internet forum, please. Why dont you go get a life, better yet go in your garage close the doors and windows and start your car you'll be doing humanity a big favor.

PS what the hell is a Chicagoinian?I think you mean Chicagoan, if your going to try and talk shit atleast get the name right and not look like a dumbass.

... and yet it still doesn't take away from the fact that south siders are classless dumbasses. The Astros don't have a history of cheating, a crappy ballpark, crappy fans, not even a crappy basketball team if you want to bring other area teams into it. :lol:

Which guy are you in that picture that I posted in my last post, typical Chicago moron #1 or typical Chicago moron #2? How embarrassing it must be to root for anything in that town (Chicago Cubs not included; Chicago Cubs fans rooting for Bears or Bulls also not included).

RedSoxRooter
10-24-2005, 05:48 PM
So there's the hair pulling incident

The fans attacking the umps incident

Wasn't there another incident a couple of years ago by white sox fans? I can't recall, but I think it involved throwing things on the field (like a bat) or something. I'll look around.

RedSoxRooter
10-24-2005, 05:55 PM
Found it. I knew I forgot one of them.

For years, the South Side struggled with hard times. When the area made the newspapers, the stories often centered on gangs, drugs and violence or the bleak lives of those in huge public housing projects.

In 1979, a disco demolition event at the old Comiskey Park turned into a riot. In 2003, a man and his 15-year-old son ran onto the field and beat a Kansas City Royals coach. A year later, another fan ran onto the field and attacked an umpire.

"You tell me that people are afraid to come to the South Side and I'll tell you it's because people are black down there," Pacyga said. "It's not fair. It's safe. We can go drinking if you want and you won't get beat up."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051013/ap_on_sp_ba_ne/bba_white_sox_image

BoSox84
10-24-2005, 05:57 PM
yep Bostonians never have anything like that, wait, there was the incident in Sox fan in Tex avatar, the bullpen incident in 2003, the fighting after the ALCS and orld series win. God knows you if you live in Boston your gods gift to mankind, no wonder so many people hate Boston fans their starting to act like New Yorkers.

The display reminded fans of a violent time outside the ballpark: last year's dramatic comeback against the Yankees, when rioting after Game 7 of the American League Championship Series left Emerson College student Victoria Snelgrove dead

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2005/10/03/streets_calm_after_win_playoff_clinch/

schillingouttheks
10-24-2005, 06:41 PM
...You don't even live up here. That was a police bean bag gun that wasn't supposed to kill anyone, she wasn't killed by any drunken/stupid people. That incident in his avatar was a guy not doing anything wrong, and BARELY TOUCHED Sheff. Sheff overreacted, of course, no one can touch Sheff by accident. He's THEE Gary Sheffield. :rolleyes:

As for 2003, that bullpen incident was completely Jeff Nelson and Karim Garcia. The guy who got jumped was trying to get the crowd pumped up into the game, and the Yankee players didn't like it because he was in their bullpen. So they beat him up. It wasn't any stupid fans, again. Get your facts straight.

BoSox84
10-24-2005, 07:06 PM
You don't even live up here

Didnt know you and Sox fan in tex live in Chicago.

I guess those other people in the street were just cheering peacefully

Early Thursday, several small fires were set and numerous fights broke out

According to USA today

As for the Sheff incident, a espn poll says alot

1) Who was more at fault for the incident?

80.7% The Boston fan

19.3% Gary Sheffield

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/polling?incomming=1&event_id=1300&question8989=35384&question8990=35388&question8991=35389&question8992=35391&question8993=35395&question8994=35397&question8995=35401&question8996=35403&question8997=35405&question8998=35409

Look im a Red Sox fan but you guys are acting as if no one in your city does any wrong, and you being hypocritcal by saying South Siders attack people and people in Boston are Saints.

Cityofchampions33
10-24-2005, 07:06 PM
I must admit, I do respect Cubbies fans a lot more then ChiSox fans. Wasn't their attendance last year VERY low? Maybe say umm, 21st in the league? Now they act as if they have the greatest team in the world. Most of them are fair weather fans and probably don't know shit about baseball (this does not regard Talksox Chisox posters)

schillingouttheks
10-24-2005, 07:10 PM
Alright, point taken. But honestly, how many places DON'T have idiots who DON'T break out fires and start fights? Nowhere basically.

Cityofchampions33
10-24-2005, 07:12 PM
Idk, StL is pretty contained, but then again, I dont live up there.

podsednik20
10-24-2005, 07:23 PM
wow, you people act like Whitesox have the worst fans? Looks at Padre fans and dodger fans. When dodger fans go there Padre fans start shit, your acting like whitesox fans are the only ones who do that, that is jacked up.

schillingouttheks
10-24-2005, 07:29 PM
No, we don't act like that. We are rivals with the Yankees. :D (Not aimed at anyone on this board, just the unfortunately large number of frontrunners that we as Sox fans deal with on a daily basis.)

26 to 6
10-24-2005, 07:41 PM
yep Bostonians never have anything like that, wait, there was the incident in Sox fan in Tex avatar, the bullpen incident in 2003, the fighting after the ALCS and orld series win. God knows you if you live in Boston your gods gift to mankind, no wonder so many people hate Boston fans their starting to act like New Yorkers.

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2005/10/03/streets_calm_after_win_playoff_clinch/
while im pretty insulted by "no wonder so many people hate Boston fans their starting to act like New Yorkers" ...the rest of your post was right on.

...You don't even live up here. That was a police bean bag gun that wasn't supposed to kill anyone, she wasn't killed by any drunken/stupid people. That incident in his avatar was a guy not doing anything wrong, and BARELY TOUCHED Sheff. Sheff overreacted, of course, no one can touch Sheff by accident. He's THEE Gary Sheffield.

As for 2003, that bullpen incident was completely Jeff Nelson and Karim Garcia. The guy who got jumped was trying to get the crowd pumped up into the game, and the Yankee players didn't like it because he was in their bullpen. So they beat him up. It wasn't any stupid fans, again. Get your facts straight.

hmm....well lets see.

..If I was sitting along the right field line at Yankee Stadium and did to Trot Nixon what this guy did to Sheffield, I would be public enemy # 1 in Red Sox Nation. MAYBE sheff overreacted, but I dont blame him, the fan pretty much reached in and hooked Sheffield's arm.

And as for the bullpen, this guy is a bullpen security guard, he was not being paid to motivate the crowd. If a Yankee Stadium employee was standing in the Boston ullpen at the Stadium yelling things like "26 to 6", "Boston Sucks", "Lets go Yankees" and things of that nature you would be all over him for his unprofessionalism, disrespect, and how he is a typical New Yorker. Fact of the matter, this guy was wrong, and im sure Nelson didnt just go up and punch him, im pretty sure that somebody in the bullpen askled him to knock it off. And as for Karim Garcia, he was wrong, but im not going to go crazy on him, hes see's a teammate fighting with what he thought was a regular fan (he didnt know it was the bullpen guy at first) so he ran in there and defended his teammate. Thats the kind of guy I want, somebody who is going to take his teammate's back all the time.

Alright, point taken. But honestly, how many places DON'T have idiots who DON'T break out fires and start fights? Nowhere basically.
Obviosly, New York City has plenty of these kind of people, as does anyplace. BUt I guarantee you that we're not acting like fuckin Bronx Zoo escapees while celebrating a pennant. We're not climbing on street lights, we're not starting fires in the street, we're not acting like fucking idiots. Had the fans up there acted reasonably that night, there would have been no need to shoot the beanbag gun for crowd control, and this girl would still be alive.

...They said it for years, "Boston wont be able to handle success"...and they were right on that particular night.

---------------------------------------------------

P.S. 1917.

... and yet it still doesn't take away from the fact that south siders are classless dumbasses
what a fucking hypocrite. You guys used to tell us how classless we were back when we said "1918", and here you are pulling the same shit you guys cried about prior to last year (when we would say 1918) by saying "P.S. 1917", and then in your NEXT POST you go and call the Chicago fans "classless dumbasses"

What a fuckin jerkoff

schillingouttheks
10-24-2005, 07:46 PM
...They said it for years, "Boston wont be able to handle success"...and they were right on that particular night.
Lol, and we have the Yankees to thank for that :lol: <_<

Maybe if you let us win sometime sooner, things would have been a little better :lol:

ChiTownSox77
10-24-2005, 07:47 PM
A Chicagoinian attacking an opposing fan? NO WAY! Probably one of these dumb ****s like this noted Chicago fan:

Typical south siders, reasons like this are why Cubbie fans could care less about those white trash slime balls. Just know Chi-Sox, when you make the trip to Houston you will be treated with class and the way baseball fans are supposed to act.

P.S. 1917.

you titled this thread, 'Chicago Sucks' and you just impuned an entire city based upon the actions of one person. you also made a blanket, pseudo-racist statement regarding the demography of the alleged perpetrator. you also, by conspicuous absence, imply that Chicago is more likely than any other city to have disruptive, unruly, and dangerous fans. you then said Chicago has no class by stating that Houston will treat Chicagoan visitors WITH class.

you ought to watch less television, buddy- it's disrupting your ability to decipher important stories from ridiculous ones.

it's baseball, buddy, god knows it's not the civil war.

we happen to have won that already, in case you missed it. B)

ChiTownSox77
10-24-2005, 07:51 PM
Biggio was actually on 790 (sports station in Houston) this afternoon and said she actually chased the guy down and did something to him. Craig said he will "leave it at that" as to what exactly she did.

P.S. 1917.

'did something', huh? hmm, interesting that Biggio wished to 'leave it at that'. is it possible that Biggio's wife was emotionally distraught following the defeat her husband's team took and took someone's words a bit too seriously? is it possible that Biggio did not wish to elaborate because his wife may have acted or reacted in an illegal manner? a Texan taking something too seriously? never.

and if you want to start pointing fingers, how about the latent racist violence that Texas has seen for over 100 years?
when you start pointing fingers, ultimately, fingers will begin pointing back at you.

P.S. Never.

ChiTownSox77
10-24-2005, 07:54 PM

http://www.feoamante.com/News/Images/basebrawl01.jpg

P.S. 1917.

if you wish to say Cubs fans are more polite, you'd better interview Chad Kreuter and the LA Dodgers bullpen. or you could ask the police about the arrests they made at Wrigley after batteries were thrown at an opposing right fielder in a night game in 2000. or how about 'Mark Grace Baseball Day' at Wrigley that resulted in thousands of balls being thrown at opposing players?

or maybe Steve McMichael inviting fans to challenge the umpire during the seventh inning stretch in 2003? he was thrown out.

or maybe the violent beating of a Cardinals fan in 1998 on Addison?

P.S. Still never.

RedSoxRooter
10-24-2005, 08:01 PM
(Not aimed at anyone on this board, just the unfortunately large number of frontrunners that we as Sox fans deal with on a daily basis.)

No kidding. I was reading some White Sox message board yesterday and they were all worried about all the bandwagoners if they win the WS. They kept saying "We're this years Red Sox!". I hope to christ this is true. All bandwagoners please jump.

I live in Atlanta GA and saw hundreds of Red Sox hats this year. They came out of nowhere. I thought it was pretty cool at first because I ONLY get to see Braves and Falcons gear all year long.

I was like "Yeah boi, you wear that Red Sox hat with pride. You've earned it!" then I noticed something. Every one of them I heard speak mentioned that they were a part of Red Sox Nation. It was kind of disturbing because that seemed to be a big deal to all of them..... being part of "the Nation".

Anyway, I thought to myself after a time, where were these guys in 2003? I mean, even just before the Boone HR when the Sox were still alive, I was the only Red Sox fan I knew here.

Then there was the airport I was at in April. Seriously HUNDREDS of Boston hats. I was amazed and shocked really.

Anyway, short story long..... The last Boston hat I saw was Friday of the finals Sox/Yanks series this year. More to the point, the last time the Sox had an AL East lead on the Yanks...

I have not seen one Boston hat since. I wonder how many White Sox hats I'll see at the airport this Xmas???? :lol:

I have a Boston hat but never really wore it because I'm losing my hair (but haven't lost much so far) :angry: . Didn't wear it once in '05 also because I knew somebody would say something then I'd have to defend my 25 years of fandom to some clown who thinks Boston Red Sox baseball started the year after the strike.

Clowns be gone! Go jump on the White Sox for a year - or the Astros. Who cares, just be GONE.

Thank you.

Sox fan in Tex
10-24-2005, 08:31 PM
what a fucking hypocrite. You guys used to tell us how classless we were back when we said "1918", and here you are pulling the same shit you guys cried about prior to last year (when we would say 1918) by saying "P.S. 1917", and then in your NEXT POST you go and call the Chicago fans "classless dumbasses"

What a fuckin jerkoff

That part was supposed to be a damn joke. Thinking about it though, Chicago has done nothing since 1917... the Red Sox had done something since 1918. Prove me wrong if they have.

And why are you Chi-Sox fans here? Obviously your intent was to come let us know that you beat us in the American League Division Series. You can move onto an Angels board or Houston board now if you'd like.

is it possible that Biggio did not wish to elaborate because his wife may have acted or reacted in an illegal manner? a Texan taking something too seriously? never.

Or is it possible that Biggio didn't want to embarrass this pathetic Chi-Sox fan, because his wife kicked the crap out of this pussy? :lol: Just another day in the life of a White Sox fan, huh?

ChiTownSox77
10-24-2005, 08:34 PM
That part was supposed to be a damn joke. Thinking about it though, Chicago has done nothing since 1917... the Red Sox had done something since 1918. Prove me wrong if they have.

And why are you Chi-Sox fans here? Obviously your intent was to come let us know that you beat us in the American League Division Series. You can move onto an Angels board or Houston board now if you'd like.

Or is it possible that Biggio didn't want to embarrass this pathetic Chi-Sox fan, because his wife kicked the crap out of this pussy? :lol: Just another day in the life of a White Sox fan, huh?

sounds like you have a bit of the 'roid rage, there buddy. calm down. the war's over, southern belle- you can take off the uniform and go home now.

P.S. Never.

podsednik20
10-24-2005, 08:40 PM
is it a crime that whitesox fans can not be here? No other redsox fans have said anythign to us that we could not be here. Or is it the fact that the team that you are rooting for is not winning the world series? i think its that.

BoSox84
10-24-2005, 08:43 PM
I live in Atlanta GA and saw hundreds of Red Sox hats this year. They came out of nowhere. I thought it was pretty cool at first because I ONLY get to see Braves and Falcons gear all year long.

I was like "Yeah boi, you wear that Red Sox hat with pride. You've earned it!" then I noticed something. Every one of them I heard speak mentioned that they were a part of Red Sox Nation. It was kind of disturbing because that seemed to be a big deal to all of them..... being part of "the Nation".

Anyway, I thought to myself after a time, where were these guys in 2003? I mean, even just before the Boone HR when the Sox were still alive, I was the only Red Sox fan I knew here.

You kind of ruined my method for telling true fans from Phonies. I look at what the persons hat looks like, my Boston hat looks like Trots, it's faded has some wrinkles in it a few stains, so i see if the hats loos like it's been worn a wile they probably were pre 2004 fans. This has it problems though, if you buy a new hat it would mess up the method atleast till I talked with the person.

Alright, point taken. But honestly, how many places DON'T have idiots who DON'T break out fires and start fights? Nowhere basically

I agree every city has it's morons in big cities theres just a bigger base for them

ChiTownSox77
10-24-2005, 08:47 PM
You kind of ruined my method for telling true fans from Phonies. I look at what the persons hat looks like, my Boston hat looks like Trots, it's faded has some wrinkles in it a few stains, so i see if the hats loos like it's been worn a wile they probably were pre 2004 fans. This has it problems though, if you buy a new hat it would mess up the method atleast till I talked with the person.

I agree every city has it's morons in big cities theres just a bigger base for them

great points all around, BoSox84. well put.

ChiTownSox77
10-24-2005, 08:49 PM
is it a crime that whitesox fans can not be here? No other redsox fans have said anythign to us that we could not be here. Or is it the fact that the team that you are rooting for is not winning the world series? i think its that.

sounds right to me.

oh, and great name and game, PODSY!!!:D

Oswalt is going to give us some major problems tomorrow, buddy. Pins and needles and Jon Garland.

Gonna be a great game. If we can manage a victory over a very, very, very good Roy Oswalt, we'll have Freddy going again in the clincher. Best big-game pitcher we have, my boy Freddy.

Manny Goes Boom
10-24-2005, 09:01 PM
great points all around, BoSox84. well put.

This WHOLE MESS could have been much easier put by saying Biggio's wife had her hair pulled and it was sad. Tex blew it out of proportion and is frustrated. He has a history of doing this White Sox fans, don't let it bother you.

Tex while frustrated after one of his teams lose:

http://www.talksox.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3552&highlight=rivera+sucks

Tex cool down man.

OH, and LOL to RSR about bandwagoners. They are everywhere. AZ too. :thumbdown

BoSox84
10-24-2005, 09:25 PM
Theres just to much anger, serenity now

Sox fan in Tex
10-24-2005, 11:12 PM
Haha, this is great. I start the "Rivera Sucks" thread to piss of Yankee fans, knowing full well that Mariano is one of the greatest closers of all time and here I start up some controversy with all the Chicago fans that stroll over here and look what happens. :lol:

I have nothing at all against the city of Chicago -- it's just a fact that 95% of Chi-Sox fans I hear from are morons. Oh well, atleast that beautiful city has one baseball team that is loved by the entire town.

Go hometown Astros in game three and just to see some of you south siders overreact some more, Go Cubbies in 2006 from the 19-21st in May.

ChiTownSox77
10-25-2005, 08:24 AM
Haha, this is great. I start the "Rivera Sucks" thread to piss of Yankee fans, knowing full well that Mariano is one of the greatest closers of all time and here I start up some controversy with all the Chicago fans that stroll over here and look what happens. :lol:

I have nothing at all against the city of Chicago -- it's just a fact that 95% of Chi-Sox fans I hear from are morons. Oh well, atleast that beautiful city has one baseball team that is loved by the entire town.

Go hometown Astros in game three and just to see some of you south siders overreact some more, Go Cubbies in 2006 from the 19-21st in May.

that was dumb. you want us to think now it was all a big joke? i think you overreacted and got emotional and angry at a whole city just for a baseball game.

you're entirely too tensely wound. you should cool out and do some yoga or something, dude.B)

ChiTownSox77
10-25-2005, 08:33 AM
just to close this thread, here is a fine quote (taken from today's Chicago Sun Times) that demonstrates just how bad-ass Chicagoans really are...

Sox manager Ozzie Guillen apologized to Craig Biggio. "I told the police, don't put him in jail, bring him to me in the dugout,'' Guillen said.

THAT'S the Chicago way!

ChiTownSox77
10-25-2005, 08:38 AM
and an even more accurate, elaborative quote from the same sentence:

"The guy who did it, he should be brought to Biggio, and he's the one that can hopefully get him back," Guillen said. "I told police, `Don't put him in jail. Bring him to me in the dugout.'"

The Chicago way.

don't impune our whole city or our fellow Sox fans- this was just a group of dicks and if there was a chance the cops had found him outside, I can tell you with absolutely no uncertainty that Chicago's finest would have given him a few slaps of his own. No joke.

that guy ought to be brought to Biggio, for certain. let him have a few rounds with a man and see if he can slap him around.

RedSoxRooter
10-25-2005, 08:57 AM
Great. More violence. That's the way....

ChiTownSox77
10-25-2005, 09:02 AM

riiiiight, cuz if it were YOUR wife, you'd be wearing tie-dyes, peace symbols and pledging non-violence.

if you say you would react non-violently, you have never been in that position or you are not the typical male.

JimBrown32
10-25-2005, 11:00 AM

If someone pulled your wife's hair, wouldn't you want to kick their ass, of COURSE!!! DUH!!! You're saying violence is not even once in a while THE ANSWER, it is, some people need to get their asses handed to them to get some sence knocked into them, And the city of Chcicago doesn't suck because one asshole did this, you're just as bad as them for saying the whole city sucks becasue of one ass did this, jeez, like a 2 year old or somethin'.

ChiTownSox77
10-25-2005, 11:02 AM
If someone pulled your wife's hair, wouldn't you want to kick their ass, of COURSE!!! DUH!!! You're saying violence is not even once in a while THE ANSWER, it is, some people need to get their asses handed to them to get some sence knocked into them, And the city of Chcicago doesn't suck because one asshole did this, you're just as bad as them for saying the whole city sucks becasue of one ass did this, jeez, like a 2 year old or somethin'.

i couldn't have said it better.

A+, man.

eZ_d0eS_iT?
10-25-2005, 12:28 PM
LOL. everyone knows white sox "fans" are the worst. When asked which are among the worst ballparks to play in, players routinely ranks chicago's "cell" near the top. With all the high-profile "incidents" in the recent past, its a wonder that there was going to be a supposed "bubble of security" during the World Series. :thumbsup:

Philly fan, Giant fan, and idiot Dodger fan have their moments of stupidity as well...

BTW, Dollar Bill Wirtz needs to die or sell the team...

BoSox84
10-25-2005, 12:32 PM
Im amazed this is still in the general baseball talk and not in the fights and crap section yet.

Moose
10-25-2005, 02:25 PM
LOL. everyone knows white sox "fans" are the worst.

I disagree. I'd say Angel "fans." Hell, at least there were White Sox fans before 2002.

ChiTownSox77
10-25-2005, 04:18 PM
BTW, Dollar Bill Wirtz needs to die or sell the team...

oh, how i despise that man.

Sox fan in Tex
10-25-2005, 04:31 PM
And the city of Chcicago doesn't suck because one asshole did this, you're just as bad as them for saying the whole city sucks becasue of one ass did this, jeez, like a 2 year old or somethin'.

Correction: WHITE SOX 'fans' suck. I said earlier that I have all the respect in the world for the Cubs. See, 98% of their fan base have brains in their heads.

And for god's sake:

don't impune our whole city or our fellow Sox fans- this was just a group of dicks and if there was a chance the cops had found him outside, I can tell you with absolutely no uncertainty that Chicago's finest would have given him a few slaps of his own. No joke.

How many instances involving Chi-Sox fans do RSR and I need to post links to on here for you to realize you have a DUMBASS fan base? Are you reading absolutely nothing written? Post several instances involving the Astros acting classless, smart ass. I have no idea what 'Chicago' way you're thinking of, but it's obviously not that of what Ozzie Guillen thinks.

Sox fan in Tex
10-25-2005, 04:37 PM
P.S. Here's the article:

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/topfront/3413703

"He slapped her and ran," Biggio said of the fan who struck his wife, Patty. "She ran after him. My brother-in-law ended up putting him against the wall. That's pretty sorry."

Sox fan in Tex
10-25-2005, 04:40 PM
And to add more embarrassment to your team, one of the guys who posts on another website that I do who is from Chicago had this to say:

"While this is not a Chicago problem, it is definitely a Comiskey/The Cell problem that has been around for decades. That's the main reason I hated to go there as a kid. There were always fist fights in the stands. Damn animals there. Complete different atmosphere from Wrigley. Violent drunks vs. happy drunks."

Thank god I'm a Red Sox fan. :)

BoSox84
10-25-2005, 04:42 PM
First if you go to the Cell (funny nickname if you think about it) to watch a game bring freinds, cause it can get bad. I almost got into a fight with a guy sitting in front of me, cause I was sporting a Red Sox jersey when they came to play. However, dont say an entire fan base are dumbasses based on the actions of several people.

ChiTownSox77
10-25-2005, 04:50 PM
Correction: WHITE SOX 'fans' suck. I said earlier that I have all the respect in the world for the Cubs. See, 98% of their fan base have brains in their heads.

And for god's sake:

How many instances involving Chi-Sox fans do RSR and I need to post links to on here for you to realize you have a DUMBASS fan base? Are you reading absolutely nothing written? Post several instances involving the Astros acting classless, smart ass. I have no idea what 'Chicago' way you're thinking of, but it's obviously not that of what Ozzie Guillen thinks.

riiiight, like when they attacked Chad Kreuter and the Dodgers' bullpen. or when they hurled thousands of baseballs at an opposing right fielder. or when they threw batteries at opposing players.

sounds like you're just like, emotional, or something. the anger is just seeping off of you, Texan. It's alright. Your baseball pain will be over soon enough.

Oh, and by the way; your posts are proving (ironically so) that Houston fans do have assholes among their ranks. if there are more like you, i'm wondering how you can say Sox fans are the trash. you, sir, are displaying definitive traits of said pejorative quite nicely.

ChiTownSox77
10-25-2005, 04:56 PM
And to add more embarrassment to your team, one of the guys who posts on another website that I do who is from Chicago had this to say:

"While this is not a Chicago problem, it is definitely a Comiskey/The Cell problem that has been around for decades. That's the main reason I hated to go there as a kid. There were always fist fights in the stands. Damn animals there. Complete different atmosphere from Wrigley. Violent drunks vs. happy drunks."

do all us Chicagoans a favor, buddy- stay in texas. only in the state of moronic presidents, the worst public school education in the union, racists, lynchings, massive execution numbers, anti-moral oil men and backwords-ass trailer livers can one feel proper in criticizing an entire city and team fan base for the actions of one moronic fan. You're bitter. you're down 2-0, you're upset that Chicago might be enjoying itself, and you seek to throw water on the party by painting an entire city with the actions of one dickhead.

you're definitely the guy who calls the police on the party next door that he wasn't invited to.

yeeee-friggin-ha.

ChiTownSox77
10-25-2005, 04:59 PM
Oh, and thanks for Enron.

You even named your damn FIELD after that prison population of a company.

who's the criminal now, buddy?

yeeeee-haaaa. stay there. civil society requires none of your considerably backwords moral attributes.

JimBrown32
10-25-2005, 05:04 PM
When I see this it makes me sick, the White Sox true fans can be idiots, but it's truly assinine to say how many fans don't go the ballpark, so you can't just stereotype these people. The White Sox fans, sure, they are quite rowdy, and they were the people responsible for the burning of the Ivy multiple times at Wrigley, but can you just qualify them as one rowdy group? The Cubs fans are the dipshitted idiots who wanted to kill that son of a bitch who "Wrecked their chances" at the WS a couple of years ago, so you can't say that, you're such an idiot for thinking that way. When you say you have all the respect in the world for the Cubs, you respect the fact of their cockiness and the fact that they're really just as rowdy as the White Sox fans? Stfu, and stop talking out of your ass. I'm proud to say I'm a Red Sox fan, and I'll be damned if I don't die a Red Sox fan, but to say this is totally bullshit, and I'm not going to let you off easy, don't go and say this bullshit, it's not true. Is that a theme now? Talking out of your ass?

RedSoxRooter
10-25-2005, 05:15 PM
The White Sox fans, sure, they are quite rowdy, and they were the people responsible for the burning of the Ivy multiple times at Wrigley

Whaaaa??? When did this happen? I'll try and find out more.

All I can say is this: The White Sox had better win the WS because if they lose at home in front of those fans there may be a player or two shot at from the stands. If I were the Astros I'd run like hell the clubhouse to celebrate. That's crazy.

ChiTownSox77
10-25-2005, 05:17 PM
When I see this it makes me sick, the White Sox true fans can be idiots, but it's truly assinine to say how many fans don't go the ballpark, so you can't just stereotype these people. The White Sox fans, sure, they are quite rowdy, and they were the people responsible for the burning of the Ivy multiple times at Wrigley, but can you just qualify them as one rowdy group? The Cubs fans are the dipshitted idiots who wanted to kill that son of a bitch who "Wrecked their chances" at the WS a couple of years ago, so you can't say that, you're such an idiot for thinking that way. When you say you have all the respect in the world for the Cubs, you respect the fact of their cockiness and the fact that they're really just as rowdy as the White Sox fans? Stfu, and stop talking out of your ass. I'm proud to say I'm a Red Sox fan, and I'll be damned if I don't die a Red Sox fan, but to say this is totally bullshit, and I'm not going to let you off easy, don't go and say this bullshit, it's not true. Is that a theme now? Talking out of your ass?

he's just frustrated that we're beating his team down hard. if it's not the umpiring he's blaming, hes impuning an entire city on the actions of one drunken asshole.

he's a sore loser. period.

yeee-haaaa, Texas. Once you hit rock bottom on the educational ladder, what's there to strive for?

JimBrown32
10-25-2005, 05:18 PM
Whaaaa??? When did this happen? I'll try and find out more.

All I can say is this: The White Sox had better win the WS because if they lose at home in front of those fans there may be a player or two shot at from the stands. If I were the Astros I'd run like hell the clubhouse to celebrate. That's crazy.

Yeah, Chicago is one of those cities like that, but you can't say is it's just the White Sox, it's the Cubs too, that's my point, also, this has happened multiple times, last time was like 2 years ago, I thought that was just sick because I love Wrigley field, but you can't say that the Cubs didn't deserve it, because some Cubs fans vandilized some White Sox property before they went and torched the Ivy.

ChiTownSox77
10-25-2005, 05:22 PM

well put. thanks for putting it better than i. by the way, what do you expect of a guy who names a thread simply, 'Chicago sucks'? he's just frustrated. he didn't even try to sound magnanimous or measured- he just started firing shots at an entire city. And Brad Ausmus, well, he can pack his bags and get the hell out, too. Don't assume to tell US about who we are, Mr. Ausmus. I'm sure your little hometown isn't perfect either. we all have village idiots. stop impuning a city you've been in or all of about 4 days. you can leave and not come back if that is the way you feel. we were fine before you and we'll get along quite nicely without you. it's amazing the audacity of people like that to assume to tell an entire city to go to bed without supper.

some, like SoxFanInTex, have managed to evolve long enough to have posable digits and have learned the alphabet well enough to type.

yeeee-haaaaawww.

JimBrown32
10-25-2005, 05:28 PM
well put. thanks for putting it better than i. by the way, what do you expect of a guy who names a thread simply, 'Chicago sucks'? he's just frustrated. he didn't even try to sound magnanimous or measured- he just started firing shots at an entire city. And Brad Ausmus, well, he can pack his bags and get the hell out, too. Don't assume to tell US about who we are, Mr. Ausmus. I'm sure your little hometown isn't perfect either. we all have village idiots. stop impuning a city you've been in or all of about 4 days. you can leave and not come back if that is the way you feel. we were fine before you and we'll get along quite nicely without you. it's amazing the audacity of people like that to assume to tell an entire city to go to bed without supper.

some, like SoxFanInTex, have managed to evolve long enough to have posable digits and have learned the alphabet well enough to type.

yeeee-haaaaawww.

I belive he's simply jealous because his team got it's ass kicked game one and game two, sure, I'm upset about the Sox losing to the Sox, but who the fuck cares, let it the fuck go. You don't have to get bitchy about some asshole who fucked up and grabbed someone's hair, jeez. It's not a huge deal, Cubs fans were trying to KILL someone over a simple "Interference" you don't have to be so damn ignorant and take it out on the White Sox, just on the one person who did it, NOT ON CHICAGO YOU IDIOTIC MORON.

RedSoxRooter
10-25-2005, 05:35 PM
I wanted to read more about the fires started at Wrigley by Pale Hose fans and couldn't find much. But I did find this song parody. :rolleyes:

"So Gone" Based on the performance by Monica
"So Gone (White Sox Version)" Parody by Freddie C.

So gone over you, you, you
Yeah...

Go White Sox! (Whoo!)

Silly of me, devoted so much time
To find Comiskey empty, man, I nearly lost my mind
Drive past Wrigley Field every day in my SUV
Wondering what the Cubs had on my Sox, to steal the fans from me, yeah

(They make us feel) They make us feel we're so gone
(So gone) Oh, they make us
(They make us feel) Oh, and I love them, love the White Sox, we're
(So gone) Ooh

All the games we lost, uh, The Cubs took our fans away
We asked ourselves over again, "Why did they go away?"
To toss Comiskey aside, and move to the North Side
What do the Cubs have on us, to make us feel more blue than white?

(So gone) Ooh

(rapping)
Now, listen up, we're a rowdy team
Sometimes we have to fight cause we're just too mean
Chicago, why you treat us like a bunch of damn scrubs?
Make us wanna ride up to Wrigley and then
Burn up the ivy and blow up the Cubs
Cause you know the White Sox ain't having this
Thought you were our friends, but you're phony, so get
(So gone) My Pale Hosers, still here!

What they do, we do better (Ooh, oh)
What they do to make you like them (What did they do)
Is it once, or forever?
Come on, now can we win the battle? (Is it once or forever?)

What they do, we do better (Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah)
What they do to make you like them (Yeah, ooh)
Is it once, or forever? (Are they real?)
Come on now, can we win the battle? (Oh)

Oh, and I love them, love the White Sox (Oh, and I love them, love the White Sox)
Oh, and I love them, love the White Sox, ooh
Oh, and I love them, love the White Sox (Oh, and I love them, love the White Sox)
Oh, and I love them, love the White Sox (Cause you know the White Sox ain't having that), yeah

(So gone) Ooh

Why you like the Cubs?
Why you think we're scrubs?
Why you like the Cubs now?

--------- that's all I could find so far. Pretty dumb parody of a pretty dumb song. :thumbdown

JimBrown32
10-25-2005, 05:39 PM
No, it was on the news a couple years ago.

Sox fan in Tex
10-25-2005, 05:47 PM
sounds like you're just like, emotional, or something. the anger is just seeping off of you, Texan. It's alright. Your baseball pain will be over soon enough.

Oh, and by the way; your posts are proving (ironically so) that Houston fans do have assholes among their ranks. if there are more like you, i'm wondering how you can say Sox fans are the trash. you, sir, are displaying definitive traits of said pejorative quite nicely.

... and the response is typical. Yeah, I really don't like the White Sox... but you're going to see me treat the players with class when they come to town. For instance, my mother, soon-to-be step dad and uncle will be at tonights game. I can guarantee they'll act like Houston fans -- with class.

yeee-haaaa, Texas. Once you hit rock bottom on the educational ladder, what's there to strive for?

When you're the most respected team IN THE CITY, come talk to me. Until then, go attack players, coaches and whatever else you must do to embarrass yourself.

A typical game at US Cellular:

http://www.nppa5.org/old/703sp1.jpg

Chicago White Sox finest fans:

http://images.chron.com/content/news/photos/02/09/20/fans.jpg

Sox fan in Tex
10-25-2005, 05:49 PM
Couldn't pass up this one. ChiTownSox77 and fellow friend get ready for the World Series: :lol:

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20051022/i/r1770934289.jpg

26 to 6
10-25-2005, 05:50 PM
Haha, this is great. I start the "Rivera Sucks" thread to piss of Yankee fans, knowing full well that Mariano is one of the greatest closers of all time and here I start up some controversy with all the Chicago fans that stroll over here and look what happens.

Yo man, you are such a fucking loser its ridiculous. Its bad enough a Texas boy like yourself drops his teams to take allegiance with a team thousands of miles away, but are you that insecure that you always have to try to fuel a fire and start "controversy" by making stupid arguements?

A joke? Good way to cover up when I call you on it. All you do is point fingers around here, btu you are the biggest fucking hypocrite on this board. You guys cry when we chant "1918" but then after you win a series you go and belittle a team that you really have no beef with by starting "1917" taunts. Grow the fuck up.

....You're right, the Red Sox did do something between 1918 and 2004; they were the New York Yankees' personal bitches.

(I know im going to take a lot of heat from the Sox fans here that I get along with, but I couldnt resist and I appologize)

..Tex, my grandparents lived in Texas for a few years years back, and one thing I know from them is that Texans are some of the proudest people in the world, so why is it that you root for a team from New England over your two Texas teams? How about you jump off the bandwagon and go take all of the Red Sox posters off your wall that you beat off to and put up Mark Teixeria, Kenny Rogers, Craig Biggio , and Roger Clemens posters.

JimBrown32
10-25-2005, 05:51 PM
... and the response is typical. Yeah, I really don't like the White Sox... but you're going to see me treat the players with class when they come to town. For instance, my mother, soon-to-be step dad and uncle will be at tonights game. I can guarantee they'll act like Houston fans -- with class.

When you're the most respected team IN THE CITY, come talk to me. Until then, go attack players, coaches and whatever else you must do to embarrass yourself.

A typical game at US Cellular:

http://www.nppa5.org/old/703sp1.jpg

Chicago White Sox finest fans:

http://images.chron.com/content/news/photos/02/09/20/fans.jpg

Maybe not the most respected, but the most talented, just because you're jealous, it doesn't mean that you have to come down on them. Also, Houston is not a town to say is a classy area, when YOUR TEAM, is the most respected team in the state, come talk to ME.

26 to 6
10-25-2005, 05:53 PM
please bro, that pic of the people fighting in the stands, that happens everywhere. When I was up in BOSTON a few years back there were fights like that left and right.

Sox fan in Tex
10-25-2005, 05:55 PM
Also, Houston is not a town to say is a classy area, when YOUR TEAM, is the most respected team in the state, come talk to ME.

BWAHAHAHA! You mean you actually consider the fort worthless strangers a baseball team? :lol: Are you comparing the Astros with a team that throws chairs and hits cameras? Great argument.

And 26-6, I have alligience towards Texas teams. Houston Texans (and Oilers before that), the Houston Rockets and I've followed the Astros throughout my childhood and rooted hard for them. I've rooted for the Red Sox for about seven years, though, mainly when Nomar started played for the team. But I do have tons of pride towards our teams here.

BoSox84
10-25-2005, 05:55 PM
They didnt burn the ivy but some one put an herbicide or something on it. This is the best picture I could get, the brown is obviously the bead ivy

http://mlans.dynip.com/blogpics/2002-07/2002-07-17-trib-ivy-thumb.jpg

JimBrown32
10-25-2005, 05:56 PM
please bro, that pic of the people fighting in the stands, that happens everywhere. When I was up in BOSTON a few years back there were fights like that left and right.

I know, fights are everywhere, just this douschebag can't seem to realize it. Anyway, I can't change the mind of a stone cold idiot, alot like Moose, he just can't be bargained with, and he can't realize he's wrong, oh well.

That's what I meant, no, but people have done that MANY times since the Ivy was installed, I've heard it's been done atleast 10 times before.

Sox fan in Tex
10-25-2005, 05:57 PM
I know, fights are everywhere, just this douschebag can't seem to realize it. Anyway, I can't change the mind of a stone cold idiot, alot like Moose, he just can't be bargained with, and he can't realize he's wrong, oh well.

Do fans run onto the field to attack players and coaches everywhere also? :lol:

JimBrown32
10-25-2005, 05:57 PM
Do fans run onto the field to attack players and coaches everywhere also? :lol:

Back in the 1950'd they did, Northside and Southside Chicago is the same, don't be an idiot dude.

26 to 6
10-25-2005, 05:58 PM
And 26-6, I have alligience towards Texas teams. Houston Texans (and Oilers before that), the Houston Rockets and I've followed the Astros throughout my childhood and rooted hard for them. I've rooted for the Red Sox for about seven years, though, mainly when Nomar started played for the team. But I do have tons of pride towards our teams here.
that is good to hear, one question though. Boston vs Houston, who are you rooting for? If you say Boston then I have proved my point.

BoSox84
10-25-2005, 05:59 PM
Yea nothing ever happens at Wrigley

Cub fans start fight with Dodgers
http://peninsulaclarion.com/images/051800/DODGERS_CUBS_FANS.jpg

The stadium is falling apart
http://a.abclocal.go.com/images/wls/wls_071904_wrigley_falling.jpg

Moose
10-25-2005, 06:04 PM
BoSox, I remember that. Some Cubs fan stole Chad Kreuter's hat, I believe.

And this year, Tommy Lasorda had the guts to say "Root root for the DODGERS" while he was singing "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" at Wrigley.

Sox fan in Tex
10-25-2005, 06:06 PM
that is good to hear, one question though. Boston vs Houston, who are you rooting for? If you say Boston then I have proved my point.

This year in that situation? No contest. I'd root for the Astros all the way. Last year, it would be a toss up, but I may have ended up rooting for Houston.

26 to 6
10-25-2005, 06:12 PM
BoSox, I remember that. Some Cubs fan stole Chad Kreuter's hat, I believe.

And this year, Tommy Lasorda had the guts to say "Root root for the DODGERS" while he was singing "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" at Wrigley.
Vic, im lovin the avatar

JimBrown32
10-25-2005, 06:16 PM
Vic, im lovin the avatar

I am too, he knows his shit, thanks for honoring me dude, I love it!!!

26 to 6
10-25-2005, 06:22 PM
JB, I didnt make that comment as an insult to you, in fact I didnt even realize it was regarding you until i saw the other thread.......I genuinely thought it was a pretty funny picture

Moose
10-25-2005, 06:26 PM

No problemo.

JimBrown32
10-25-2005, 06:29 PM
JB, I didnt make that comment as an insult to you, in fact I didnt even realize it was regarding you until i saw the other thread.......I genuinely thought it was a pretty funny picture

I know, I was commenting on how I liked it, because It IS a good thing, because it's exactly like me, except I actually PLAY sports. oh well.

JimBrown32
10-25-2005, 06:30 PM
No problemo.

Sweet, how long you gonna keep it? I like it, I think I might actually use it!!!

RedSoxRooter
10-25-2005, 06:32 PM
They didnt burn the ivy but some one put an herbicide or something on it. This is the best picture I could get, the brown is obviously the bead ivy

Yeah, I'm reading it was done by a Hose fan during the 2002 crosstown series. classy.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/archive/index.php/t-13102.html

podsednik20
10-25-2005, 06:45 PM
ahh, but you see it was done after Cubs fans vandelized whitesox stuff.

JimBrown32
10-25-2005, 06:49 PM
ahh, but you see it was done after Cubs fans vandelized whitesox stuff.

BINGO!!! Exactly what I'm trying to prove right now, I'm out.

BigPapiEnFuego
10-25-2005, 06:58 PM
my god, no wonder i don't visit here much anymore. You guys have to find everything wrong with everything. who gives a fuck about white sox fans? i don't care if freakin blue jays fans ran around serial killing people, that organization doesn't control them. I seriously think all fans are the same, and notice no difference between them.

If you guys resort to bitching about how a teams fans are assholes, go get help.

eZ_d0eS_iT?
10-25-2005, 08:26 PM
oh, how i despise that man.

I was crushed when Roenick left only to be followed eventually by Amonte and Chelios. I officially divorced myself from this organization until Wirtz no longer controls or owns this team. To get so close against Pittsburgh.....*grinds teeth*

but i digress...

eZ_d0eS_iT?
10-25-2005, 08:29 PM
That's the main reason I hated to go there as a kid. There were always fist fights in the stands. Damn animals there. Complete different atmosphere from Wrigley...."

sounds like a typical Raiders game to me

ChiTownSox77
10-25-2005, 08:41 PM
I was crushed when Roenick left only to be followed eventually by Amonte and Chelios. I officially divorced myself from this organization until Wirtz no longer controls or owns this team. To get so close against Pittsburgh.....*grinds teeth*

but i digress...

roenick, belfour, cheli and amonte leaving broke my blackhawk heart. i hate that man so much i could spit. and have spit. and will spit.

BoSox84
10-25-2005, 08:47 PM
well how do they expect to get fans in the seats when they dont show the games on TV?

eZ_d0eS_iT?
10-25-2005, 08:47 PM
I agree with the point that you can find idiot fans everywhere and it isnt necessarily the fault of the team except in rare cases like RaiderNation where the team actually likes to believe and encourage the idea they are intimidating when they haven't been relative for close to 2 decades.

That being said, the white sox do have the distinction of recently having a couple of crackheads rush the field and assault innocent participants in the game.

thee sox
10-26-2005, 02:07 AM
Yeah, I'm reading it was done by a Hose fan during the 2002 crosstown series. classy.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/archive/index.php/t-13102.html

Quite possibly almost as classy as Cubs fans tediously cutting off the bat of the Minnie Minoso statue on our concourse.

I love your prejudices on here. There are a few dumb fans (they're everywhere...how about the guy in Boston/Sheffield incident) and people use that for reasoning behind class. Since when are Boston fans perfect Angels? Or even Astros fans for that matter...they're assholes. It seems more to me, not that things like this happen more in Chicago but they get blown way out of proportion. Almost like the close calls in the postseason...any other team and they're awesome because they took advantage of a great opportunity. The South Side is tainted because the idiots up north (Tribune Co.) spread the word about the terrible South Side of Chicago </sarcasm>. When in all reality, the crime rates are increasing on the North Side and decreasing on the South Side and everything is ignored in or around The Urinal.

schillingouttheks
10-26-2005, 04:00 PM
Good God this thread has turned into a shitfest.

Attention mods: Move to fights?

Sox Fan on Cape
10-26-2005, 04:06 PM

Agreed, I'm tired of seeing it. The forum should be to talk baseball, not a pissing contest.

Sox fan in Tex
10-26-2005, 04:52 PM
Or we just could bring this idea into place, Chicago fans: If or when you win the World Series, go celebrate somewhere else.

BoSox84
10-26-2005, 05:20 PM
Or you could take the stick out of your ass and act like a man. Look at the title of this thread, this guy never had in mind a serious baseball discussion.

Sox fan in Tex
10-26-2005, 05:31 PM
The intent was to address the issue:

According to an Astros spokesperson, Patty Biggio, wife of Astros second baseman Craig Biggio, had her hair pulled by a White Sox fan after the game. She was shaken, but is fine. Chicago police arrested the man.

... and to make a good point about the history that White Sox fans have. I believe I did both of those things.

CalvnHobs6
10-26-2005, 06:32 PM

I agree, I've seen enough. I haven't even been reading the thread, but this is clearly going nowhere productive.

ChiTownSox77
10-26-2005, 08:44 PM

dude, the idiot named it 'Chicago Sucks'. he was picking fights when he started it.

ChiTownSox77
10-26-2005, 08:46 PM
The intent was to address the issue:

... and to make a good point about the history that White Sox fans have. I believe I did both of those things.

your belief is mistaken. you did not 'highlight' anything of the sort- it was already in the Chicago papers... you simply used a minor incident to incite people's animosity toward an entire team's fan base and city.

by the way, Texas- thanks for Enron. assholes.

Youk Of The Nation
10-26-2005, 08:48 PM

Denver is nice.

CalvnHobs6
10-26-2005, 08:59 PM
I don't hear much from the Dakotas or Nebraska. Wyoming doesn't have too much anger over there either.

ChiTownSox77
10-26-2005, 09:31 PM
New Mexico seems pretty chill.

Youk Of The Nation
10-26-2005, 09:36 PM
I don't hear much from the Dakotas or Nebraska. Wyoming doesn't have too much anger over there either.

I heard Alaska is a pretty calm place when people arent being eaten by bears or caribou.

Youk Of The Nation
10-26-2005, 09:37 PM
New Mexico seems pretty chill.

Hey, I just read your sig. The Red Wings own you.

Sox fan in Tex
10-26-2005, 11:19 PM
I really don't think I have anything much to say now, ChiTown77. Feel free to run your mouth freely... you just won the series. I think the Enron comment is stupid and that it still doesn't make up for the fact of all the lack of class White Sox fans have shown over the years. But congrats: Your World Champions. Now you can go light your city on fire and leave talksox be.

Sox fan in Tex
10-26-2005, 11:26 PM
[you're right, schil]

schillingouttheks
10-26-2005, 11:28 PM
C'mon Tex, don't go crazy because of a loss. That second post was unnecessary.

Sox fan in Tex
10-26-2005, 11:30 PM
Done and taken off Schil. The team deserved it, there's no doubt about that. It was also nice to see those in attendance giving the Chi-Sox a big hand as they celebrated on the field. Good job. :)

The White Sox were no doubt the better team. Congrats for bringing one home to the city of Chicago.

schillingouttheks
10-26-2005, 11:32 PM
lol, I don't mean to burst your bubble, just before we get another shitfest going I figured I might as well say something....

Even though the post was funny :lol:

Sox fan in Tex
10-26-2005, 11:34 PM
Well, it still wasn't the best thing to post. Just still caught up in the game, my mistake. But you know what, for the other Sox fans: Our magic number is now 162. Let's get this 2006 campaign started! ;) Sign Theo and bring in a first baseman!

26 to 6
10-27-2005, 09:00 AM
C'mon Tex, don't go crazy because of a loss. That second post was unnecessary.
ohh man..i missed it, he edited it before I saw it :(

lol :lol:

Sox fan in Tex
10-27-2005, 07:25 PM
Eh, here's what I said in the emotion of the game, no matter how wrong it is:

"Astros fans may not have a world series, but they do have houses with central heating and air, cars to drive to their legitimate jobs with, and reading comprehension above a 5th grade level."

RedSoxRooter
10-27-2005, 08:17 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if a lot of Katrina refugees became White Sox fans now. It's kind of a match made in heaven if you ask me.

The Black Sox finally become White Sox. It's so inspiring and uplifting, how could they not become fans???

empirestrikesback26
10-29-2005, 01:47 PM
I like the city of chicago. One drunk dullard harrassing someone isn't enough to pass judgement on the entire city.

JimBrown32
10-29-2005, 02:43 PM
I like the city of chicago. One drunk dullard harrassing someone isn't enough to pass judgement on the entire city.

BINGO!!! Exactly, you can't just put the whole damn city in hate because one drunken piece of shit kicked someone's ass, or pulled someone's hair, or whatever. That's bull shit. Chicago is a great city, and you CANNOT deny that. It's big, and because of one drunken idiot you can't go around saying Chicago SUCKS. If Chicago sucks, why did they win the world series? Tell me why they were the best team in baseball?

26 to 6
10-30-2005, 01:41 PM
BINGO!!! Exactly, you can't just put the whole damn city in hate because one drunken piece of shit kicked someone's ass, or pulled someone's hair, or whatever. That's bull shit. Chicago is a great city, and you CANNOT deny that. It's big, and because of one drunken idiot you can't go around saying Chicago SUCKS. If Chicago sucks, why did they win the world series? Tell me why they were the best team in baseball?
I didnt know the city determined if a team wins or not.

But thats besides the point....its not even a question that Chicago is a great city. I've never been, but its similar in sorts to New York and I have heard great things. Like everyone else said, its not fair to judge a city based on a fraction of the population.

JimBrown32
10-30-2005, 02:01 PM
I didnt know the city determined if a team wins or not.

But thats besides the point....its not even a question that Chicago is a great city. I've never been, but its similar in sorts to New York and I have heard great things. Like everyone else said, its not fair to judge a city based on a fraction of the population.

Just because I put someone down, it doesn't mean you have to be a bias asshole. Dude, if you want to start, I'm waiting right here. Also, the city doesn't suck because.

A.) They won the damn World fucking Series, they can't suck

B.) If some drunken idiot wants to pull someone's hair, it doesn't mean the whole city "Sucks" are you really that big of an idiot there Tex?

C.) They have the second best record in the MLB, a team with 98 wins does NOT suck. Are you joking, you musn't know much about the game of Baseball.

D.) Who the hell is going to listen to someone who believes that Houston is a classy city. It's not that classy of a city. People get drunk in Houston all of the time.

E.) How about the many a times where the Dodger fan KILLS the Giants fan, it's happened before. The Dodgers fans have KILLED people, that's far beyond "Pulling someone's hair" but do you here me bitching about Los Angeles sucking. Sure, alot of LA is Gang turf, but do you here me making topics about how Los Angeles sucks. It's asinine.

In conclusion, before you go and make a whole topic about the city of Chicago sucking, why don't you look at the other cities before you go and say it about one city. I think it makes you look like a jealous, ignorant dick. It's just dumb. Your teams got their asses handed to them by the White Sox so you have to go and make a whole damn topic about it. Do some planning ahead there Tex.

26 to 6
10-30-2005, 02:23 PM
Just because I put someone down, it doesn't mean you have to be a bias asshole. Dude, if you want to start, I'm waiting right here. Also, the city doesn't suck because.

A.) They won the damn World fucking Series, they can't suck

B.) If some drunken idiot wants to pull someone's hair, it doesn't mean the whole city "Sucks" are you really that big of an idiot there Tex?

C.) They have the second best record in the MLB, a team with 98 wins does NOT suck. Are you joking, you musn't know much about the game of Baseball.

D.) Who the hell is going to listen to someone who believes that Houston is a classy city. It's not that classy of a city. People get drunk in Houston all of the time.

E.) How about the many a times where the Dodger fan KILLS the Giants fan, it's happened before. The Dodgers fans have KILLED people, that's far beyond "Pulling someone's hair" but do you here me bitching about Los Angeles sucking. Sure, alot of LA is Gang turf, but do you here me making topics about how Los Angeles sucks. It's asinine.

In conclusion, before you go and make a whole topic about the city of Chicago sucking, why don't you look at the other cities before you go and say it about one city. I think it makes you look like a jealous, ignorant dick. It's just dumb. Your teams got their asses handed to them by the White Sox so you have to go and make a whole damn topic about it. Do some planning ahead there Tex.
Calm there buddy, I dont know if that post is addressed to me or Tex, me because you quoted my post or tex because you're making references to him in your post.

But if it is me, in what way am I being biased? Also, stop it with the internet challenges, its getting pretty lame listening to you act like such a hardass on the computer.

Anyway....I agreed with you on point B. What I dont understand is how winning a World Series and having 98 wins make a city a great city (points A and C in your post). Of coarse those make the White Sox a good team, but they dont mean that Chicago is a great city (which I think it is, based on other reasons, im questioning how you declare Chicago a great city based on their baseball team). Arizona has won a World Series, but Phoenix is not thought of as a great city, same with Toronto, Kansas City, etc..

JimBrown32
10-30-2005, 02:26 PM
Calm there buddy, I dont know if that post is addressed to me or Tex, me because you quoted my post or tex because you're making references to him in your post.

But if it is me, in what way am I being biased? Also, stop it with the internet challenges, its getting pretty lame listening to you act like such a hardass on the computer.

Anyway....I agreed with you on point B. What I dont understand is how winning a World Series and having 98 wins make a city a great city (points A and C in your post). Of coarse those make the White Sox a good team, but they dont mean that Chicago is a great city (which I think it is, based on other reasons, im questioning how you declare Chicago a great city based on their baseball team). Arizona has won a World Series, but Phoenix is not thought of as a great city, same with Toronto, Kansas City, etc..

I was adressing the first part to you, and the latter part to Tex. Now I'm no internet hardass, I was pointing out your being biased toward me. Dude, you're the one who continues to quote me, just because you don't like my attitude toward things. Stop quoting me, and stop talking shit and maybe I'll stop dishing out challenges toward you.

RedSoxRooter
10-30-2005, 03:22 PM
I agreed with you on point B. What I dont understand is how winning a World Series and having 98 wins make a city a great city (points A and C in your post). Of coarse those make the White Sox a good team, but they dont mean that Chicago is a great city (which I think it is, based on other reasons, im questioning how you declare Chicago a great city based on their baseball team). Arizona has won a World Series, but Phoenix is not thought of as a great city, same with Toronto, Kansas City, etc..

And with all the wins and titles, Atlanta still sucks ass as a city.

26 to 6
10-30-2005, 05:05 PM
I was adressing the first part to you, and the latter part to Tex. Now I'm no internet hardass, I was pointing out your being biased toward me. Dude, you're the one who continues to quote me, just because you don't like my attitude toward things. Stop quoting me, and stop talking shit and maybe I'll stop dishing out challenges toward you.
biased: Noun
1. A line going diagonally across the grain of fabric: Cut the cloth on the bias. 2. a. A preference or an inclination, especially one that inhibits impartial judgment. b. An unfair act or policy stemming from prejudice. 3. A statistical sampling or testing error caused by systematically favoring some outcomes over others.
Ok now in the first part of your post that you said was directed towards me you said that I was being biased:

Well now that I provided you with a definition, it is clear that I was not being biased in any form.

Also, no internet hardass?

Now I'm no internet hardass

..a few posts prior to that you said:

Dude, if you want to start, I'm waiting right here

...Now I dont know what you call it........

Note: the bolded parts are where I was agreeing with you...now nowhere in my original post did I show a bias towards you.

Now Grow up little guy!
Im tired of fighting with you

26 to 6
10-30-2005, 05:06 PM
And with all the wins and titles, Atlanta still sucks ass as a city.
I wouldnt know, its not that big a city (as compared to Chicago), so it doesnt get the media coverage so its hard to determine. But I take your word for it.

Cityofchampions33
10-30-2005, 06:39 PM
1. A line going diagonally across the grain of fabric: Cut the cloth on the bias. 2. a. A preference or an inclination, especially one that inhibits impartial judgment. b. An unfair act or policy stemming from prejudice. 3. A statistical sampling or testing error caused by systematically favoring some outcomes over others.
Ok now in the first part of your post that you said was directed towards me you said that I was being biased:

Well now that I provided you with a definition, it is clear that I was not being biased in any form.

Note: the bolded parts are where I was agreeing with you...now nowhere in my original post did I show a bias towards you.

Now Grow up little guy!

owned.

Sox fan in Tex
10-30-2005, 09:19 PM

It's a beautiful city. The southside of Chicago is the shitty part of city the city. Besides, in the title I was referring to "Chicago" as the team and the fans of the White Sox, not the entire city for Christ's sake. I don't have any problem with anyone BUT White Sox fans. The Cubs are fine, the Bulls are fine, the Bears are fine. Chi-Sox fans over the years have just done everything possible to embarrass the game of baseball, really.

BoSox84
10-31-2005, 10:17 AM
The Southisde is the working class blue collar part of town, it has it's problems but so does most blue collar parts of cities. I spent alot of time on the south side, my neighbors were police, and firemen, which was a cool place to grow around. Unless you've been to the the south side not just the Cell dont act like an expert on it.

redsoxrules
10-31-2005, 12:44 PM

well this is red sox forum dumbass, also if you want to be here , be here the whole season,just dont show up when you win. I bet you wont even be here at all starting next season especially when they are not winning

Sox fan in Tex
10-31-2005, 05:19 PM
Or is it the fact that the team that you are rooting for is not winning the world series? i think its that.

Said by the fan of the team that has been in the playoffs SEVEN times in 107 YEARS? :lol: Our guys have more than doubled that and the other posters on here who are Yankee fans have a team that has six times the success.

Are the Chi-Sox the most pathetic franchise in all of baseball? I'm looking at numbers right here from a Kansas City club that has done more than your team has in 71 years less time! Go celebrate getting into the playoffs for the third time in the last twenty years, just don't make us listen to it.

empirestrikesback26
10-31-2005, 06:29 PM
The Southisde is the working class blue collar part of town, it has it's problems but so does most blue collar parts of cities. I spent alot of time on the south side, my neighbors were police, and firemen, which was a cool place to grow around. Unless you've been to the the south side not just the Cell dont act like an expert on it.
My mom grew up on the south side with 7 other siblings.

BoSox84
10-31-2005, 06:49 PM
My mom grew up on the south side with 7 other siblings.

My comments werent at you they were towards Sox fan in Tex. Didnt want you to think i was saying something negative towards you.

JimBrown32
11-02-2005, 02:12 PM

Now Grow up little guy!

First of all, you can't be a hardass on th internet, it's dumb, it's hat geeks who get beat up at school do, it's called T2'ing and stuff, I don't do that, now do I?

Also, grow up little guy? Grow up yourself, you can't just accept a truce, you're the one who needs to get over yourself, I HAVE.

Grow up LITTLE GUY. Is that all you can say, it doesn't hurt me in any way, plus you've said it about 3 times already. I've grown up years ago, now it's your turn. :)

Sox fan in Tex
11-02-2005, 05:23 PM
*yawn* JimBrown32, stop trying to proclaim to everyone that everyone is being biased against you and quit your whining. 26-6 has been around here a lot longer than you have and have proven that he has a brain. Go back to posting pictures of special ed kids and saying that they are members of talksox in an attempt to be funny and telling us how many peoples asses you have kicked. You're really a great arguer, and you really do a great job trying not to act like an 'internet tough guy' :rolleyes: :

Naw, I'm just good, sure, I lose arguments, but I'm just a 'good' arguer. Also, I'm 5'7", and I have kicked my fair share of 6'3" peoples asses, so if you want to go and base shit on my height, go for the lowest denominator, it's what most idiots who have nothing better to do, do.

-Falls over and died laughing- Holly shit, you are a fucking idiot!!!!!! XD!!! You actually did that? Can i get my vote changed to GabeKeplerLuver? lmao, if not, that's alright. But atleast I can laugh over this shit for hours. I don't think I've heard of such a dumb ass thing in my life. De De De De De

First of all, I am in my frshman year, second of all, I don't give a shit about YOUR OPINION, also, before you go and jump and say LOST fights, I've lost TWO fights, and that was a while ago, by a collegian, and once by some guy out on the streets who ambushed me. I don't need to grow the fuck up, I simply made a point at the fact that Moosey was a retarded piece of shit.

Lastly, isn't pointing out that I'm a short black smart person, a junior Stephen A. Smith as you call me, a good thing, lmao, I think so. I'm short, but I love talking down to stupid people.

And being short, you mean AND BEING BLACK? HMM? A little racy, there Moose?

Worst. Talksox. Poster. Ever.

yankeessuck013
11-03-2005, 06:54 PM
http://www.viperalley.com/gallery/data/502/109argue.jpg

Soxfan#1
11-03-2005, 06:56 PM
Guys lay off. He can be a quality poster but he has a temper.

podsednik20
11-03-2005, 08:22 PM
hmm, im not trying to be mean but that kid looks like a kid that goes to my school. just like him, seriously

26 to 6
11-03-2005, 08:29 PM
ys, you and me have usually gotten along pretty well, but why on earth would you post that considering that one of our major beefs with JimBrown is the fact that he posted a picture of a medically handicapped kid??

podsednik20
11-03-2005, 08:34 PM
yeah your right i messed up saying that, im sorry i wont pull a jackass move like that again.

yeszir
11-03-2005, 09:23 PM
Somone call whine one one!

Someone call the waaaaaaahmbulance!

Do you a wahmburger with your french cries?

Sox Fan on Cape
11-03-2005, 10:20 PM
Dah, Dah, Da

JimBrown32
11-04-2005, 11:37 AM
*yawn* JimBrown32, stop trying to proclaim to everyone that everyone is being biased against you and quit your whining. 26-6 has been around here a lot longer than you have and have proven that he has a brain. Go back to posting pictures of special ed kids and saying that they are members of talksox in an attempt to be funny and telling us how many peoples asses you have kicked. You're really a great arguer, and you really do a great job trying not to act like an 'internet tough guy' :rolleyes: :

Worst. Talksox. Poster. Ever.

Yet I still stay on topic, and have more quality posts than you do, and you have been here ALOT longer than I have.

There is no such thing as an "Internet Tough Guy" It's called arguing with people's points. I do it for the shits and giggles.

I'm not arguing with your dumb ass Tex. You're not even a challenge, you've defeated yourself in this argument, you have the worst points EVER.

Sox fan in Tex
11-07-2005, 12:26 AM
I'm not arguing with your dumb ass Tex. You're not even a challenge, you've defeated yourself in this argument, you have the worst points EVER.

Yes, because you might think of something clever like saying that I love cocks and putting it in your sig. :lol:

See Red
11-07-2005, 12:35 AM
Yet I still stay on topic, and have more quality posts than you do...

... name one, please -- I sure as hell haven't seen any of them.

Sox fan in Tex
11-07-2005, 12:35 AM
The guy who thinks Kevin Garnett is the best player in the NBA is telling me that I have the worst points ever? This is great. :lol:

This should be someone's sig, and titled as 'TALKSOX.COMs MOST CLASSLESS POSTER':

Yet It's never happened before. I don't really give a shit about anyone's feelings, not at all. I don't care if you have 2 fingers, you're retarded, you eat people or you jack off to yourself, I don't give a flying fuck.

JimBrown32
11-07-2005, 08:04 PM
The guy who thinks Kevin Garnett is the best player in the NBA is telling me that I have the worst points ever? This is great. :lol:

This should be someone's sig, and titled as 'TALKSOX.COMs MOST CLASSLESS POSTER':

This coming from the guy who DOESN'T think Kevin Garnett is the best player in the league today. You've gone way off topic, I might be the most glassless poster, but you're far and away the biggest idiot to post here. Also, did it take you 3 days to post this 2 sentence SPAM garbage? You actually ARE the most unclassy poster ever. At least I have quality, and quantity, something that you could never have.

26 to 6
11-07-2005, 08:23 PM
You actually ARE the most unclassy poster ever

idk man, he pretty much branded that title onto you with the post that you made that he quoted in his last post in this thread

Yet It's never happened before. I don't really give a shit about anyone's feelings, not at all. I don't care if you have 2 fingers, you're retarded, you eat people or you jack off to yourself, I don't give a flying fuck.

JimBrown32
11-07-2005, 08:32 PM
idk man, he pretty much branded that title onto you with the post that you made that he quoted in his last post in this thread

I know I haven't much class, but I'd pick quality over class, this has nothing to do with Chicago "Sucking" anymore. Back on topic dude, I was simply arguing a point, 26 to 6, you're right, I AM the most unclassy poster here.

Sox fan in Tex
11-07-2005, 10:43 PM
This coming from the guy who DOESN'T think Kevin Garnett is the best player in the league today. You've gone way off topic, I might be the most glassless poster, but you're far and away the biggest idiot to post here. Also, did it take you 3 days to post this 2 sentence SPAM garbage? You actually ARE the most unclassy poster ever. At least I have quality, and quantity, something that you could never have.

A.) I'll name 16 more guys who averaged more PPG than Garnett last year and 18 more who are averaging more so far this year. How in the hell do you get anywhere that he's the best player in the game? He'll never win a ring.

B.) Quality and quantity... where? Most of the time I see you posting you are making fun of the MENTALLY HANDICAPPED and I read people declaring you the worst poster on talksox. I'm sorry if a nutless bovine such as yourself has been waiting the last three days for my response, but clicking to see what an eight year old girl with 87 posts of uselessness has to say isn't the first thing I do when I log onto talksox.

JimBrown32
11-08-2005, 05:49 PM
A.) I'll name 16 more guys who averaged more PPG than Garnett last year and 18 more who are averaging more so far this year. How in the hell do you get anywhere that he's the best player in the game? He'll never win a ring.

B.) Quality and quantity... where? Most of the time I see you posting you are making fun of the MENTALLY HANDICAPPED and I read people declaring you the worst poster on talksox. I'm sorry if a nutless bovine such as yourself has been waiting the last three days for my response, but clicking to see what an eight year old girl with 87 posts of uselessness has to say isn't the first thing I do when I log onto talksox.

HAH!!! First of all, look at Garnett, he's the best because it's not all about scoring, are you so dumb that you believe that. He plays the best all around ball in NBA history, he can play EVERY position, including point guard.

And to your "B" all I have to say if LMFAO!!! I make one post about it and I never hear the end of it, I make long posts. 87 posts, you really keepin' track aren't ya, for someone who does that. I could tear that last post to threads, but I'm better than you are, probably at many things my friend. I just waited to hear your response because I knew it was going to be so retarded, like this shit here. Get over yourself, you know basically shit about Baseball.

eZ_d0eS_iT?
11-08-2005, 06:03 PM
wow all this shit over a world series thats been over for what...2 weeks ago? :o

as an unbiased neutral party, WHO FUCKING CARES?!!?

and did i miss the memo how garnett has anything to do with chicago sucks? if u want to bring up basketball, that argument should be started on another thread.

:dunno: way to stay on topic!

btw, point against garnett being best in NBA. that argument is just too idiotic to justify right now.

JimBrown32
11-08-2005, 06:06 PM
wow all this shit over a world series thats been over for what...2 weeks ago? :o

as an unbiased neutral party, WHO FUCKING CARES?!!?

and did i miss the memo how garnett has anything to do with chicago sucks? if u want to bring up basketball, that argument should be started on another thread.

:dunno: way to stay on topic!

btw, point against garnett being best in NBA. that argument is just too idiotic to justify right now.

If you knew how to read, you'd know that it's "Not about the WS" It was created before. He would have been MVP if Sprewell knew how to pass a basketball, and Cassell wasn't hurt for most of the year. I'm not going to say coulda, because It's just not fair to say that.

eZ_d0eS_iT?
11-08-2005, 06:15 PM
actually it wasnt assclown, I was here u fucking noob when all this shit first started and it was originally located in the WS thread.

as for your love affair with garnett, the same argument could be made for pretty much every allstar in the league. garnett isnt any different. BTW, Ty Cobb is an idiot, ignorant piece of shit of a person...not exactly someone i'd be quoting in my sig.

JimBrown32
11-08-2005, 06:30 PM
actually it wasnt assclown, I was here u fucking noob when all this shit first started and it was originally located in the WS thread.

as for your love affair with garnett, the same argument could be made for pretty much every allstar in the league. garnett isnt any different. BTW, Ty Cobb is an idiot, ignorant piece of shit of a person...not exactly someone i'd be quoting in my sig.

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!

XD!!!!!

You are officially the dumbest person in existence. Ty Cobb, first of all, was the first baseball millionaire, he's smart because he invested his money wisely. Second of all, he's the greatest hitter by far, Lol, he only hit .367 in a pitcher friendly era, and said he's break the record for total bases and did it, and it's still an AL record. Lmao, you're as stupid as they come.

This coming from the guy who quotes Tyronne Biggums in his SIG!!!! ROTFLMFAO!!! You REALLY contradict yourself pal.

u fucking noob!!! LMFAO!!! Do you know what a noob is?

Noob- A person who acts foolishly to make you believe he is a newbie

NewbIE- Someone new to something

You=Noob.

Me=Newbie

26 to 6
11-08-2005, 06:49 PM
ROTFLMFAO!!!!!

XD!!!!!

You are officially the dumbest person in existence. Ty Cobb, first of all, was the first baseball millionaire, he's smart because he invested his money wisely. Second of all, he's the greatest hitter by far, Lol, he only hit .367 in a pitcher friendly era, and said he's break the record for total bases and did it, and it's still an AL record. Lmao, you're as stupid as they come.

This coming from the guy who quotes Tyronne Biggums in his SIG!!!! ROTFLMFAO!!! You REALLY contradict yourself pal.

u fucking noob!!! LMFAO!!! Do you know what a noob is?

Noob- A person who acts foolishly to make you believe he is a newbie

NewbIE- Someone new to something

You=Noob.

Me=Newbie
JB...shut the fuck up!

This shit is getting really old, we all need to just stop it (yes, including myself).

You are a very poor excuse for a human, but you are a human, and being a human you are entitled to you opinions, whether they are about KG (who I agree is one of the best in the NBA, but I wouldnt go as far as to say hes the best. But he is definately up there on my list), Ty Cobb, mentally disabled people (asshole), etc...but you dont have to be an asshole in expressing your opinons.

Please JB, Tex, and myself...lets just drop this because I dont know how much more of this JimBrown kid I can take.

JimBrown32
11-08-2005, 07:10 PM
JB...shut the fuck up!

This shit is getting really old, we all need to just stop it (yes, including myself).

You are a very poor excuse for a human, but you are a human, and being a human you are entitled to you opinions, whether they are about KG (who I agree is one of the best in the NBA, but I wouldnt go as far as to say hes the best. But he is definately up there on my list), Ty Cobb, mentally disabled people (asshole), etc...but you dont have to be an asshole in expressing your opinons.

Please JB, Tex, and myself...lets just drop this because I dont know how much more of this JimBrown kid I can take.

You talk all this shit and you expect me to just drop it? You, Stfu, you talk about ME being an internet tough guy, Stfu is begging for an ass whopping. If you can't take it, then just stop bothering me, you can't take the heat, put your dick in the freezer and stfu about it.

eZ_d0eS_iT?
11-08-2005, 07:15 PM
nub/noob/newbie, etc. = different names for essentially the same thing. believe it or not I was calling your ignorance and apparent inexperience on this board into question, not your |33t status.

not only are you ignorant, but you seemingly lack the ability to reason and process thought or else you would have been able to interpret my signature as a comedic ode to a fictional character on a now defunct sketch comedy show instead of quoting a renowned racist and egotistical misogynist that was universally despised by players and fans. He may have been financially successfull, but idealogically speaking, was a pariah. I don't exactly recognize someone who went after a fan in a wheelchair and beat the shit outta of him.

Nice hero jackass-:thumbdown

JimBrown32
11-08-2005, 07:27 PM
nub/noob/newbie, etc. = different names for essentially the same thing. believe it or not I was calling your ignorance and apparent inexperience on this board into question, not your |33t status.

not only are you ignorant, but you seemingly lack the ability to reason and process thought or else you would have been able to interpret my signature as a comedic ode to a fictional character on a now defunct sketch comedy show instead of quoting a renowned racist and egotistical misogynist that was universally despised by players and fans. He may have been financially successfull, but idealogically speaking, was a pariah. I don't exactly recognize someone who went after a fan in a wheelchair and beat the shit outta of him.

Nice hero jackass-:thumbdown

I know he's a fictional character, but you're to dumb to realize how pathetic you look making quotes from fictional characters from Dave Chapelle. Do you realize that he's a crackhead. Something you guys have in common? My hero is Ty Cobb because we're basically the same type of person, I'm like this in real life too. He was smart, you could ask anyone who has known him, he was smart, he had good quotes and he invested in Coca Cola, a wise thing to do. Now you can't just go around being pregiduce about Ty Cobb because he beats on some guy in a wheel chair. Maybe that guy said something to him. His mom murdered his father, that's probably the reason why he had such a short temper, and a bad ass attitude. He played in the 1900's, when most people didn't like mentally handicapped people. It was an era where it was "Bad Luck" to touch a mentally handicap person. Look it up yourself, it was a superstition at the time. You don't realize that Ty Cobb beat the shit out of anyone who messed with him, umpires, people in wheelchairs or whatever.

eZ_d0eS_iT?
11-08-2005, 07:48 PM
dude its C O M E D Y...not to mention its an old sig. that i've had from a previous avatar I used to have, which combined makes alot more sense and I'm just too lazy to edit it. And yes, Ty Cobb was a great player, but he was a piece of shit person, agree or not, I don't care since seemingly everyone else does.

Second of all, his mom accidentally shot his father thinking he was a prowler and was cleared of all wrong doing, just because he couldn't accept that doesnt justify how small minded he was as it relates to people. Just because you have a problem with someone, you don't just go up to them and beat them up. That's chickenshit and there's no defending his actions is a civilized society.

JimBrown32
11-08-2005, 08:08 PM
dude its C O M E D Y...not to mention its an old sig. that i've had from a previous avatar I used to have, which combined makes alot more sense and I'm just too lazy to edit it. And yes, Ty Cobb was a great player, but he was a piece of shit person, agree or not, I don't care since seemingly everyone else does.

Second of all, his mom accidentally shot his father thinking he was a prowler and was cleared of all wrong doing, just because he couldn't accept that doesnt justify how small minded he was as it relates to people. Just because you have a problem with someone, you don't just go up to them and beat them up. That's chickenshit and there's no defending his actions is a civilized society.

Actually it was because she accused him of infidelity, you are wrong sir.

And about everything else, I'm still sittin here thinkin you're a jackass. You can't understand that he was a hardass? You just can't, can you? He had that attitude, and I'm defending him because he's a kickass player, with a kickass attitude and has a kickass HOF trophy, something you'll never have in anything.

eZ_d0eS_iT?
11-09-2005, 01:19 AM
actually buddy it was the other way around. he thought she was cheating on him (look it up...hell i did) which is why he got a ladder and and leaned it up against the bedroom window to sneak a peak, which is when he scared her and she shot him. nevertheless, she was accused of voluntary manslaughter, sucessfully argued that she thought he was a burglar and shot him in self defense and was later aquitted. but that wasn't good enough for cobb and he refused to have anything to do with her. in the end he even refused to go to her funeral. this hardass of yours was such a tough sonofabitch that even his own kids hated him and he died alone.

gee thats something to really aspire to eh? being such a badass and all-around asshole to everyone that you end up all alone. just because i refuse to acknowledge the few good qualities this sad sack of shit had doesnt mean i'm blind to his stats and worth as a baseball player, but honestly i don't give a fuck because i can find better examples of perserverance and intestinal fortitude in players like...oh i don't know, jackie robinson and hank aaron. fucking cobb is fortunate he was white and played in the era he did, otherwise there might be a serious debate as to whether he truly was one of the best baseball players of all time.

what else you got?

26 to 6
11-09-2005, 10:55 AM
is begging for an ass whopping.

what exactly is an ass whopping and how do you intend to give it to me? Email?

you can't take the heat, put your dick in the freezer and stfu about it.
hmm...what an interesting idea, only you could have came up with that one.

My hero is Ty Cobb because we're basically the same type of person
hmm...so you are a disrespectful prick because Ty Cobb was a disrespectful prick? You hate handicapped people because Ty Cobb hates handicapped people? What would you do if your mother gave birth to a mentally disabled child, like mine did? Would you beat it up? would you disown it? please...enlighten me as to what you would do.

Also, you are not alone, as a baseball player I happen to be a big fan of Ty Cobb, but as a person there is absolutely no denying that he was an asshole.

and has a kickass HOF trophy
...umm, not that it matters, but they dont give out Hall of Fame trophies, they give out Hall of Fame rings. lol :lol:

(yes, that was me being an asshole, nitpicking at a little thing...couldnt resist)

JimBrown32
11-12-2005, 03:33 PM
what exactly is an ass whopping and how do you intend to give it to me? Email?

hmm...what an interesting idea, only you could have came up with that one.

hmm...so you are a disrespectful prick because Ty Cobb was a disrespectful prick? You hate handicapped people because Ty Cobb hates handicapped people? What would you do if your mother gave birth to a mentally disabled child, like mine did? Would you beat it up? would you disown it? please...enlighten me as to what you would do.

Also, you are not alone, as a baseball player I happen to be a big fan of Ty Cobb, but as a person there is absolutely no denying that he was an asshole.

...umm, not that it matters, but they dont give out Hall of Fame trophies, they give out Hall of Fame rings. lol :lol:

(yes, that was me being an asshole, nitpicking at a little thing...couldnt resist)

No, actually they give out HOF Trophies, Plaques? Jeez, I want to call a truce to this, but I don't like it when people try to make a fool of me, and nitpick, but are wrong, you want a picture of it? I'll go get you Ty Cobb's HOF Plaque, or Trophy.

BigPapiEnFuego
11-13-2005, 07:41 PM
My hero is Ty Cobb because we're basically the same type of person, I'm like this in real life too. He was smart, you could ask anyone who has known him, he was smart, he had good quotes and he invested in Coca Cola, a wise thing to do. .

Wait a second..... Your hero is ty cobb? A racist asshole? Didn't you say that you are black over at RSN? YOu must be fucking kidding me. You are an idiot. How fucking stupid could you be? Man, thats like a jewish person idolizing Hitler. If your own hero ever met you in real life, he'd fucking lynch you. DO YOU REALIZE THAT? I can't stress enough how much of a fucking moron you are. And using the fact that his father was killed, or that he grew up along time ago is pointless. Melvin Mora's own father was shot infront of him as they walked down the street, yet melvin isin't a total douchebag, and other players lived long ago and were not racist pricks. You know, people like Ted Williams, or Pee Wee Reese, or others. People who are actually WORTHY of being a hero.

26 to 6
11-13-2005, 11:06 PM
No, actually they give out HOF Trophies, Plaques? Jeez, I want to call a truce to this, but I don't like it when people try to make a fool of me, and nitpick, but are wrong, you want a picture of it? I'll go get you Ty Cobb's HOF Plaque, or Trophy.
DICK...

They dont give the player the plaque, they hang it up in the Hall of Fame. What they give the player to symbolize his induction into the Hall of Fame is a ring.

I live in New York, Ive taken that 4 hour ride up to Cooperstown many times, I think I know what Im talking about.

You need to get your facts straight.