PDA

View Full Version : Why I hate the Colts

guapo34
10-24-2005, 07:42 PM
The teams they have played have a combined record of 14-30. 16 games under .500 and a winning percentage of .318!!! Could it get any easier for them??? I haven't heard one national commentator even question if they are the best team in football. What have they proven by beating the jaguars, ravens, and a Rams teams without their starting QB?Everyone is so quick to point out the Bengals fast start was against crappy teams. What about the Colts? This may be the easiest first 7 games in the history of the NFL.

schillingouttheks
10-24-2005, 07:48 PM
Well, the Jags were no pushover....

But I agree. This is beginning to really be a bunch of BS. I can't wait until the Pats put them in their place, especially with Bruschi back :D

guapo34
10-24-2005, 07:51 PM
Agree the Jags aren't terrible. But when the best compliment you can give to one team on their schedule is "the Jags were no pushover," then thats not saying much.

schillingouttheks
10-24-2005, 07:52 PM
Hahahaha, that's a good point. Didn't think of it that way. Not to mention the total amount of points the Colts had that game. :blink:

YanksHater213
10-24-2005, 08:22 PM
Yes. I hate those mother fuckers. So overrated. Peyton can blow me.

Sox fan in Tex
10-24-2005, 08:34 PM
I hate the Colts because my Texans play the Colts two times in a three week span. :( I really think our guys have a shot in Indy the weekend after this. The game was tied during halftime at fourteen, we'll have to see if they can play two halves his time, though.

thewarriorscode12
10-24-2005, 09:02 PM
I don't hate the Colts, but I do hate Peyton. The most overrated, choke artist in sports.

stocker323
10-24-2005, 09:32 PM
I hate the Colts because my Texans play the Colts two times in a three week span. :( I really think our guys have a shot in Indy the weekend after this. The game was tied during halftime at fourteen, we'll have to see if they can play two halves his time, though.

I think we play Indy the weekend after this.

Sox fan in Tex
10-24-2005, 11:18 PM
Yep Stocker, my mistake. It would be two times in four weeks. The Texans have Cleveland this weekend then in Jacksonville followed by at Indy. Best of luck on the seventh at Gillette... hopefully you guys can keep up your success against Manning.

See Red
10-24-2005, 11:21 PM
I think Eli will win a Super Bowl before Peyton.

Eli can win the big games. He could in college, atleast.

YankeeDoodle
10-25-2005, 01:30 AM
I think Eli will win a Super Bowl before Peyton.

Eli can win the big games. He could in college, atleast.
Spurrier and Florida. :lol:

Oh it's not like they make the schedule. And they reallyreally need HFA this year to get to the SB or something, so they'll take whatever they can get.

MC Hammer
10-25-2005, 10:29 AM
I don't hate the Colts, but I do hate Peyton. The most overrated, choke artist in sports.
The Colts aren't even the biggest choke artists in football ... the Steelers are.

AlexanderTheGreat13
10-25-2005, 12:00 PM
The Colts aren't even the biggest choke artists in football ... the Steelers are.
I agree, 2 AFC championship games in your building and they are 0-2. Atleast the Colts had to play in Foxbro.

MC Hammer
10-25-2005, 02:26 PM
I agree, 2 AFC championship games in your building and they are 0-2. Atleast the Colts had to play in Foxbro.
It's been a lot more than 2. Just about every year since Cowher got here we've been in the playoffs and we never get to the super bowl ... besides '95 which ended up being an even bigger choke.

AlexanderTheGreat13
10-25-2005, 02:36 PM
It's been a lot more than 2. Just about every year since Cowher got here we've been in the playoffs and we never get to the super bowl ... besides '95 which ended up being an even bigger choke.
True, I forgot about those other times.

JimBrown32
10-25-2005, 05:16 PM
You hate the Colts because they fucking rock!!!! Dude, they're 7 and fucking 0, jeez, I hope they don't choke again, because that would be sad, also the Eagles like to choke alot, especially to, like, the Patriots.

BoSox84
10-25-2005, 06:04 PM
Anyone else hate Mike Vick?

Ray10
10-25-2005, 06:38 PM
Even though I'm not very fond of the Colts I do have to say Peyton Manning is ona the best in the game right now.

JimBrown32
10-25-2005, 06:39 PM
Even though I'm not very fond of the Colts I do have to say Peyton Manning is ona the best in the game right now.

He's the best quarterback, bar none, yeah, he's one of the best.

Cityofchampions33
10-25-2005, 07:29 PM
I don't so much hate the Colts as much I do of every fuckin ESPN analyst jackin off to Peyton every night. They ALWAYS pick the Colts over EVERYONE. We beat the Titans, we have homefield advantage, "Colts will run over the Pats", we beat 'em. Next year "Peyton won't be fooled again, he'll finally beat Belicheck" we hold him to three points. Now they go a fucking 7-0, way under the Pats record for consectutive wins in a row, and against a handful of average teams. Also Peyton is just a fuckin pussy. he doesn't run, hates to get hit, and whines everytime he throws an INT, so he blames it on future HOF receiver Marvin Harrison.

thewarriorscode12
10-25-2005, 09:06 PM
http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Article.php?Page=261&Category=7
Sorry but, Brady is better. Manning might be flashier but, Brady "just wins baby." I'll take 3 Super Bowls over 49 TD's anyday of the week and twice on Sunday.

For all of Manning’s brilliant regular-season fireworks in recent years, he has simply failed to live up to expectations in the postseason – every single year that he’s been there. That’s right. Every year. Don’t believe us? Come, take a drive down Manning’s postseason memory lane. But roll up the windows and lock the doors. It’s an ugly neighborhood.

1999 – In Manning’s second year in the league he led the Colts to a 13-3 record and an AFC East title while averaging 26.4 PPG in the regular season. In Indy’s first playoff game the Colts hosted wildcard-game winner Tennessee. The Indy defense played well, surrendering just 19 points to a solid offense that averaged 24.5 points per game. But Manning, at home in the dome, put just 16 points on the board, the team’s third lowest output of the season, while completing just 19 of 43 passes for 227 yards and zero touchdowns. Manning’s 60.9 passer rating was his lowest of the entire season. Result: Manning chokes. Colts lose, 19-16.

2000 – The Colts went 10-6 behind Manning’s 33 touchdown passes and an offense that averaged 26.8 PPG in the regular season. Indy went to Miami in the wildcard round and its defense played very well, intercepting Jay Fiedler three times and surrendering just 23 points in a game decided in overtime. But Manning struggled against the Dolphins and, in a game that lasted more than 70 minutes, was a non-factor. He completed barely 50 percent of his passes (17 for 32) for just 194 yards and a touchdown. The Colts generated 11 points off Fiedler’s interceptions but put a total of just 17 on the board, 10 points fewer than their regular-season average. It was Indy’s second lowest scoring output of the season. Result: Manning chokes. Colts lose, 23-17, in overtime.

2002 – The Colts went 10-6 and drew a gimme in the wildcard round: a 9-7 Jets team with a paper-thin defense that surrendered 336 points that year (Indy boasted the better D, surrendering 313 points). Manning played the single worst statistical game of his entire career (14 for 31, 137 yards, 0 TDs, 2 INTs and a career-low 31.2 passer rating) and failed to put a single point on the board. Result: Manning chokes. Colts lose, 41-0.

2003 – The Colts went 12-4 in the regular season and scored 27.9 PPG. Manning kept it going in Indy’s first two playoff games and was spectacular leading 41-10 and 38-31 victories over Denver and Kansas City. But Manning, facing foul weather and a good defense, returned to his historic postseason form in the AFC title game against New England. Indy’s D again played well under postseason pressure, stifling the Patriots in the red zone and forcing them to settle for five field goals. But Manning tossed four interceptions and posted the third lowest passer rating of his entire career (35.5). Result: Manning chokes. Colts lose, 24-14.

2004 – The Colts again went 12-4 in the regular season, this time scoring 522 points (32.6 PPG) and entering the playoffs a seemingly unstoppable offensive juggernaut with the fifth-highest scoring offense in NFL history. Manning, of course, set numerous regular season records. Most notably, he tossed 49 touchdown passes while shattering the single-season passer rating record, with a mark of 121.1. It all took a familiar turn for the worse in the playoffs. In a divisional game at New England, the Colts mustered just 3 points – their lowest offensive output since the 2002 playoff loss to the Jets. Once again, Manning played his very worst game of the season in the playoffs, completing 27 of 42 passes for 238 yards with 0 TDs and 1 INT and a passer rating of 69.3, his lowest of the year. Result: Manning chokes. Colts lose, 20-3.
Doesn't look like the best QB in the league, " bar none" to me.

thewarriorscode12
10-25-2005, 09:10 PM
Since I showed Manning's pathetic postseason numbers, it's only fair I show Brady's:

2001 – In Brady’s first playoff game, and just his 15th NFL start, he crafted one of the great postseason performances by a quarterback in NFL history. Facing a 13-3 fourth-quarter deficit and a blizzard of legendary proportions, Brady was virtually flawless in the fourth quarter and overtime, ran for one touchdown, led a game-tying drive near the end of regulation and went 8 for 8 on New England’s game-winning overtime drive. In some of the most severe conditions in franchise history, Brady completed 32 of 52 passes for 312 yards (with one first-half interception). Did we mention the blizzard? Brady critics are quick to decry the controversial “tuck rule” that overturned a potential late-game fumble by Brady. The call certainly gave New England hope, but it was not a decisive one. The Patriots still needed two scores to win and Brady was virtually flawless when the game counted most. We submit this as the greatest postseason debut by a quarterback in NFL history. Result: Brady gets it done in crunch time. Patriots win, 16-13.

Two weeks later, in just his 17th NFL start, Brady led the only walk-off scoring drive in Super Bowl history. After St. Louis forged a 17-17 tie, New England took over on its own 17 with 81 seconds to play and no timeouts. The football establishment expected New England’s inexperienced QB to take a knee and play for overtime. Instead, Brady completed 5 of 8 passes (one incompletion was an intentional spike) to put New England in range for a decisive field goal. It was the first walk-off, game-winning scoring drive in an NFL championship game since Johnny Unitas led the Baltimore Colts to an overtime victory in 1958. Brady became the youngest quarterback to win a Super Bowl and was named the game’s MVP. Result: Brady gets it done in crunch time. Patriots win, 20-17.

2003 – Brady led the New England offense to 11 points in the final three minutes of Super Bowl XXXVIII – throwing one touchdown to linebacker Mike Vrabel – and lifting the Patriots to another Super Bowl title. New England trailed, 22-21, midway through the fourth quarter. With the NFL title on the line, Brady completed 10 of 13 passes for 103 yards on New England’s final two drives. He ended the game passing for 354 yards and three scores and set a Super Bowl record with 32 completions. In just his fourth year in football, Brady became the youngest quarterback to win two Super Bowls and joined Hall of Famers Starr, Bradshaw and Montana as the only players in NFL history to win multiple Super Bowl MVP awards. Result: Brady gets it done in crunch time. Patriots win, 32-29.

2004 – In a game that should define Brady’s career, the Patriots entered the AFC title game on the road in a hostile arena against a 16-1 Steelers team that boasted the No. 1 scoring defense and No. 1 total defense in all of football, on a frigid night in which the temperatures reached single digits. It was the second-coldest game in Pittsburgh history. Despite the obstacles, Brady calmly picked apart the league’s top defensive unit, completing 14 of 21 passes for 207 yards, 2 TDs, 0 INTs and a passer rating of 130.5 – his highest of the season. The 41 points he helped engineer were the most scored against the Steelers since Week Two of the 2003 season. Later, we found out Brady was bed-ridden in his hotel room the night before the game, with a temperature of 103 and with IV needles stuck in his arm. Result: Brady gets it done in crunch time. Patriots win, 41-27.

Brady picked up where he left off two weeks later in Super Bowl XXXIX. Facing a 15-3 Philly team that boasted the No. 2 scoring defense in football, Brady was again flawless and again reserved one of his best performances of the year for the season’s biggest games and toughest opponents. He completed 23 of 33 passes for 236 yards, 2 TDs and 0 INTs and a 110.2 passer rating – the second highest rating allowed by the Eagles defense all season. Result: Brady gets it done in crunch time. Patriots win, 24-21.
http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Article.php?Page=261&Category=7 Read that article for all of it. But it should be obvious that Manning is NOT the best quarterback in the league. Unless you prefer 6 touchdown games vs. Detroit on Thanksgiving over flawless postseason performances.:dunno:

thewarriorscode12
10-25-2005, 09:11 PM
I don't so much hate the Colts as much I do of every fuckin ESPN analyst jackin off to Peyton every night. They ALWAYS pick the Colts over EVERYONE. We beat the Titans, we have homefield advantage, "Colts will run over the Pats", we beat 'em. Next year "Peyton won't be fooled again, he'll finally beat Belicheck" we hold him to three points. Now they go a fucking 7-0, way under the Pats record for consectutive wins in a row, and against a handful of average teams. Also Peyton is just a fuckin pussy. he doesn't run, hates to get hit, and whines everytime he throws an INT, so he blames it on future HOF receiver Marvin Harrison.
Agreed, I get sick of the wall to wall " we love Manning so much" fest on ESPN and everywhere else. It's sickening.

MC Hammer
10-26-2005, 06:22 AM
I'm sorry but have you seen an ESPN broadcast in the last 3 years? They've done nothing but ride Patriot cock. Of course they're gonna pick the team with the best record to ride. Hell, everyone at ESPN was behind the Bengals until this past sunday.

Peyton is a pussy because he doesn't run!? The guy is so good that he doesn't even have to move out of the pocket ... and thats a bad thing?

If he hated to get hit I'm sure he would have quit playing football when he was a kid. Don't just make shit up to try and make the guy sound bad ... unless you want me talking about Teddy and Tom's love affair.

Just because ESPN has finally jumped off the Pats collective cock doesn't mean you have to throw a hissy fit.

MC Hammer
10-26-2005, 06:26 AM
Until he wins a SB he is still the 2nd best QB in the league.

thewarriorscode12
10-26-2005, 07:32 AM
I'm sorry but have you seen an ESPN broadcast in the last 3 years? They've done nothing but ride Patriot cock. Of course they're gonna pick the team with the best record to ride. Hell, everyone at ESPN was behind the Bengals until this past sunday.

Peyton is a pussy because he doesn't run!? The guy is so good that he doesn't even have to move out of the pocket ... and thats a bad thing?

If he hated to get hit I'm sure he would have quit playing football when he was a kid. Don't just make shit up to try and make the guy sound bad ... unless you want me talking about Teddy and Tom's love affair.

Just because ESPN has finally jumped off the Pats collective cock doesn't mean you have to throw a hissy fit.
No, it's a wall to wall Manning knob slob constantly. The only time ESPN fawns over the Pats is when they win the SB. For a week or two they give the Pats some dap, then it's back to " this is Manning's year. 49 TDs. Manning so awesome. 49 TDs. Manning is just fabulous. 49 TDs."

MC Hammer
10-26-2005, 08:05 AM
No, it's a wall to wall Manning knob slob constantly. The only time ESPN fawns over the Pats is when they win the SB. For a week or two they give the Pats some dap, then it's back to " this is Manning's year. 49 TDs. Manning so awesome. 49 TDs. Manning is just fabulous. 49 TDs."
No dude for 3 consecutive years ESPN did nothing but feature Tom Brady. "Tom Brady is so clutch" "Brady always makes a comeback" "That Tom Brady sure is special" "I WANNA BLOW HIM!!!!!!!111111111111"

Tom Brady has been the Derek Jeter of football, as far as ESPN is concerned, for the last 3 years. Wake up and accept the fact that the golden boy, Brady, is no longer the golden boy on ESPN. Grow up and accept that ESPN is done kissing your teams ass because you're not the best team in the league now.

He Hate Me
10-26-2005, 08:26 AM

LoL. ESPN has been on Patriots dick for so long, I don't know what the hell you ben watching

MC Hammer
10-26-2005, 09:09 AM
Anyone else hate Mike Vick?
There's nothing to hate really. He can't throw a spiral, and he makes terrible reads. Also I believe there is no disputing that he is the next Kordell Stewart. I've been saying that since he got drafted and it seems more and more realistic every day. God those Falcons are gonna regret giving them that huge contract when he gets hurt every single year.

He Hate Me
10-26-2005, 09:17 AM
I can't see the Falcons ever winning with Vick unless they somehow steal the Ravens defense, and even then, Vick is liable for a 4 or 5 TO day.

See Red
10-26-2005, 11:32 AM
Maybe you have to not be a Pats fan to notice it, but yeah, ESPN has been all over the Patriots' cock. It's gotten to the point where I went from cheering for the Patriots some, to wanting to see the dynasty fall flat on it's face because every game they win, I know it'll be a week full of hearing about another clutch, Tom Brady drive with an exclamation point in the form of a Vinatieri FG. Between ESPN's coverage and all the commercials featuring the Patriots, they're shoved down our throats entirely too much.

See Red
10-26-2005, 11:35 AM
As for Michael Vick, say what you want about him, or his ability to throw the ball -- there isn't one player in the game that's more difficult to gameplan against in the NFL than Michael Vick. There's a reason his name seems to be the stock answer to the question 'who is the most difficult player to defend against?' when asked amongst NFL players.

But seriously, get the guy some recievers and then let's judge him.

MC Hammer
10-26-2005, 11:50 AM
As for Michael Vick, say what you want about him, or his ability to throw the ball -- there isn't one player in the game that's more difficult to gameplan against in the NFL than Michael Vick. There's a reason his name seems to be the stock answer to the question 'who is the most difficult player to defend against?' when asked amongst NFL players.

But seriously, get the guy some recievers and then let's judge him.
Agreed, but when is Vick most dangerous? On a broken play right? Well when it's the 4th quarter of the super bowl and it's 3rd and long if your a Falcons fan you're hoping for a broken play ... that just doesn't seem right. There is no doubt that Vick is a great athlete, but he is not a QB. Just like Kordell, he'd be a much better player and better asset to his team at another position.

Vick may be exciting and may win you some regular season games, but how many Super Bowls have been won by a QB with Vick's style? Exactly.

See Red
10-26-2005, 11:58 AM
Agreed, but when is Vick most dangerous? On a broken play right? Well when it's the 4th quarter of the super bowl and it's 3rd and long if your a Falcons fan you're hoping for a broken play ... that just doesn't seem right. There is no doubt that Vick is a great athlete, but he is not a QB. Just like Kordell, he'd be a much better player and better asset to his team at another position.

Vick may be exciting and may win you some regular season games, but how many Super Bowls have been won by a QB with Vick's style? Exactly.

To be fair -- how many QB's have played the position with Vick's style?

MC Hammer
10-26-2005, 12:30 PM
To be fair -- how many QB's have played the position with Vick's style?
Kordell Stewart. Infact they basically had the same hype when they showed what they could do in the NFL. "OMG HOW CAN WE POSSIBLY STOP HIM!!!" Well teams find a way to stop him, and force him to throw the ball. I understand that Vick is faster, and is a better athlete than Kordell, but to be brutally honest he throws an even worse pass.

Vick's career will be ended by a leg injury.

thewarriorscode12
10-26-2005, 03:25 PM
No dude for 3 consecutive years ESPN did nothing but feature Tom Brady. "Tom Brady is so clutch" "Brady always makes a comeback" "That Tom Brady sure is special" "I WANNA BLOW HIM!!!!!!!111111111111"

Tom Brady has been the Derek Jeter of football, as far as ESPN is concerned, for the last 3 years. Wake up and accept the fact that the golden boy, Brady, is no longer the golden boy on ESPN. Grow up and accept that ESPN is done kissing your teams ass because you're not the best team in the league now.
Actually the Pats aren't my team. Although, in all fairness, Brady's my boy. But whenever the question is posed, " who's the best quarterback in the league?" no matter what sham of an "expert" you ask, they'll always say "Peyton Manning." It's been that way pre-49 TDs, and intensified even more in post-49 TDs. I don't care, if idiots like Merriel Hodge, and Sean Salsibury want to keep slobbing Manning's knob, that's their business, but that doesn't mean they're wrong. And if you think Brady gets more coverage, you're dead wrong. Brady's better, Manning is the biggest choke artist in North American sports. He's been the media darling for a long time, and it's only been hyped up even more of late. I'm sick of it.:thumbdown

MC Hammer
10-27-2005, 06:16 AM
Actually the Pats aren't my team. Although, in all fairness, Brady's my boy. But whenever the question is posed, " who's the best quarterback in the league?" no matter what sham of an "expert" you ask, they'll always say "Peyton Manning." It's been that way pre-49 TDs, and intensified even more in post-49 TDs. I don't care, if idiots like Merriel Hodge, and Sean Salsibury want to keep slobbing Manning's knob, that's their business, but that doesn't mean they're wrong. And if you think Brady gets more coverage, you're dead wrong. Brady's better, Manning is the biggest choke artist in North American sports. He's been the media darling for a long time, and it's only been hyped up even more of late. I'm sick of it.:thumbdown
Actually they all have been saying that Peyton can't be regarded as the best in the league until he wins a championship. I haven't heard a single person on ESPN say that Peyton is better than Brady. Over the past few years Brady has been god in the eyes of ESPN ... not Peyton. It's Brady getting his ass kissed way to much ... not Peyton.

thewarriorscode12
10-27-2005, 05:05 PM
Actually they all have been saying that Peyton can't be regarded as the best in the league until he wins a championship. I haven't heard a single person on ESPN say that Peyton is better than Brady. Over the past few years Brady has been god in the eyes of ESPN ... not Peyton. It's Brady getting his ass kissed way to much ... not Peyton.
Ummm is that bullshit I smell.

But we’re not even sure Vick’s inclusion on the list was the worst of Salisbury’s mistakes. Of course, you know our default position: any list that that puts the Picasso of Choke Artists, Peyton Manning, ahead of transcendent postseason performer Tom Brady is automatically invalid. Brady is No. 10 on Salisbury’s list. Manning is No. 1.
http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Article.php?Page=366&Category=5

Cityofchampions33
10-27-2005, 06:53 PM
Please, we've had this discussion on other sprots too. One comparison? Nomar and Jeter. At one point Garciaparra had better stats, but who won all the rings? Jeter, same w/ Brady and Peyton.
Manning can have all the TD passes when he wants, until he wins when it matters then he can't be considered the best QB or even MVP. Comparison? ARod and Papi. That proves even more how much ESPN and writers are on his balls. Peyton and ARod may have a slight edge in some categories, but Papi and Brady have "clutch" as their middle names.
Surround Brady with the WR and RB that Payton's had, he'd have the same stats. Now Branch and Givens have come up as our big guns, and what's this? Brady leads the NFL in yards, at least a few weeks ago he did.
All that matters is winning when it counts. Peyton may be tremendously talented, but he can be stopped as Belicheck has shown over the years. If we stop him, it will be somewhat ridiculous don't you think? No Law, no harrison, just Wilson and a depleted secondary. Brady however has outgunned Kurt Warner in his prime, Peyton, McNair, and the Panther's defense all in one year, and the next Peyton, the "unbeatable" Steeleers and then McNabb. Even if Peyton wins one championship, he has to prove to me he can play clutch 24-7 to be the best in my book.

Youk Of The Nation
10-27-2005, 07:41 PM

:(

redsoxrules
11-08-2005, 09:47 AM
what do you guys think about the colts now

See Red
11-08-2005, 12:45 PM
what do you guys think about the colts now

I've said it all along... weak schedule or not... they've beaten the teams they've been supposed to. Who else has done that?