PDA

View Full Version : T.O done as an eagle

yankeessuck013
11-07-2005, 04:07 PM
I'm watching Andy Reid's press conference right now on NFL Network.

He said TO has been suspended for four games, but will NOT be re-joining the team even after the four game suspension is up, and that the league has been notified.

He's done in Philly.

Manny Goes Boom
11-07-2005, 04:14 PM
Good, I'm sick of hearing from him and about him. Now hes not getting ANY money. Sadly, it wont be long before some team will pick him up.

yeszir
11-07-2005, 05:49 PM
Good.

eZ_d0eS_iT?
11-07-2005, 06:04 PM
he may get screwed like keyshawn did, but SOMEONE is gonna pick this guy up next year. i hope it was worth it philly! hahahahaha

--->(disgruntled niner fan)

Soxfan#1
11-07-2005, 06:13 PM
He has too many complaints. if they let him on he should be in therapy.

yankeessuck013
11-07-2005, 06:44 PM
I'm sure once ESPN gets done blowing T.O they will get a couple quotes that they will beat to death for a month. Then they'll hire him as an analyst

podsednik20
11-07-2005, 07:01 PM
ehh it wouldnt surprise me if Parcells and the Cowboys pick him up like they picked Keyshawn up after he got suspendid

yankeessuck013
11-07-2005, 07:43 PM
I think denver is the most likely destination.

ElGuaposStepChild
11-07-2005, 07:48 PM
Right, cause TO has jackass written all over him.

podsednik20
11-07-2005, 07:54 PM
Right, cause TO has jackass written all over him.
hahahahahahha, nice!

JimBrown32
11-07-2005, 08:13 PM
The Vikings could use a WR, and he fits the build, if we can take his bellyaching, he wanted to be with the Colts after what he said, but they can't afford him, Marvin Harrison and Peyton Manning, not to mention Edggerin James.

26 to 6
11-07-2005, 08:31 PM
man, I would definately take this guy in a heartbeat if I am EITHER NY team. The talent speaks for itself and if you put him on a team coached by Tom Caughlin, i dont think there will be too many problems, same with Herm Edwards, who is a fantastic motivator and will somehow work a miracle and make TO the ultimate motivational team player :lol: lol

...but seriously, I think it is worth a shot.

guapo34
11-07-2005, 08:53 PM
I might be the only one, but I wouldn't mind seeing him on the Pats. Definately looks like the best WR in football to me. He's been a distraction off the field, but hes done nothing but put up better numbers than any reciever other than Steve Smith. And I'm sure he's getting extra attention for defenses every week. The Eagles couldn't have done a much worse job handling the situation if you ask me. He's making like 3 million this year and they wouldn't even talk to him about giving him any more money? If this were Tom Brady and the last guranteed year of a contract and he wanted to renegotiate i think the media and definately this area would have taken a much different view.

MC Hammer
11-08-2005, 07:36 AM
I don't understand how anyone could want TO now. He's bashed the only 2 QB he's has in his NFL career, and he's a dipshit. There's no question that he's the best WR in the league, but I think team chemistry is more important than 1 superstar. Just look at what the Pats have done over the last few years ... no big named, big priced, big egoed, cry babies ... just good, hardworking football players. It's the same mentality the Steelers have, and it's exactly why Plaxico is in NY now.

I think any GM that even considers picking up TO is doing a disservice to his team, and especially his QB. I don't want this guy anywhere near my team .... he's a cancer.

See Red
11-08-2005, 08:14 AM
Does anyone else remember when this guy was crying after he made 'The Catch II' against the Packers in the playoffs? That's the last image I can think of that would suggest him having played for the love of the game -- and that starts to faded out every time he pulls something like this. He used to be my favorite player in sports -- well, behind Jerry Rice, that is. But now, he's easily the player I hate most.

This guy is really digging his own grave. The last time he was traded, there were very few teams that made an effort to get him. Everybody knew of his antics and what he could do to a team. That's why the 49ers only managed to get a 5th round pick and Brandon Whiting. That's not even close to a 'fair trade' -- but Owens wanted out, and that's the most the 49ers could do.

Now his reputation has gotten much worse, and frankly, I don't see many teams going after him. I can't see the Broncos signing him -- not after the experience with Daryl Gardner. Unless Shanahan's ego allows him to believe that he can keep guys with attitudes and egos under control after what he's done with the Browns' Defensive Line.

The only team I can see signing him is Atlanta, and only because one of their coaches (WR Coach, I believe) has a good relationship with Terrell Owens and is thought to be one of the only guys in the NFL with the power to keep T.O. under control. Even then, he hasn't gotten along with their offensive coordinator (Knapp?) in the past.

Though, if the Broncos did sign him, they'd be absolutely amazing.

eZ_d0eS_iT?
11-10-2005, 07:04 PM
as far as the pats not bringing in any bad guys is bs. uh, COREY DILLON ring a bell?!

grant it, since he's been in new england, he's been a better teammate and overall better guy, but his years in cincinatti he was always acting like t.o. by putting down the organization and the coaching staff and his teammates.

I'm not saying the patriots should bring in t.o., just wanted to point out there is a precedent with the effect bellicheck and a team-first mentality. while they could use a player of his caliber, i'm sure he'd complain about brady not throwing enough to him anyways.

RedSoxRooter
11-10-2005, 07:49 PM
Nooooooo. Boo you!
Besides, it's not what the Patriots need. The offense is like #4 in the league I think.

guapo34
11-10-2005, 07:51 PM
the best tackle, middle line backer, cornerback, and safety aren't about to be waived though. the best wide reciever is.

ARod2212
11-10-2005, 08:09 PM
Thank God the Jets aren't thinking of bringing this headcase in. Million dollar athlete with a 10 cent head.

See Red
11-11-2005, 05:13 AM
I've been thinking a lot about it and...

I want T.O. I want T.O. wearing a Denver Broncos jersey next season. What's the worst he can do, tear down Jake Plummer or throw him under the bus? Too late, he already missed that bandwagon as the entire population of Denver, myself excluded, has already done that in the past and Plummer's still having a MVP caliber season. Say what you want about the guy, but you can't deny that he loves the game of football, and he'll give you everything he has to give you. The 49ers are my other team of choice (less-so now, since York became the owner), and it seemed like when he was on the 49ers, he was always playing through two injured ankles and a pulled groin, or something to that effect. His teammates on the 49ers, though, not Jeff Garcia, said T.O. was a great teammate and loved playing with him.

I think the Eagles could've saved themselves a lot of trouble by giving him the money he deserved, or trading him right then and there.