PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts On Scalpers

trot4mvp
06-22-2004, 11:23 AM
Does anyone here use Craigslist.org to look for Sox tickets? I do whenever I feel like going to a game, but there's one thing about this site that I'm absolutely sick of: people complaining about scalpers. I'm not a 'scalper' by any means (though I have been known to sell extra tickets above face) but to be against scalping is, in my opinion, to be against capitalism. What's the difference between overpaying for Sox tickets and overpaying for a bottle of Coke at Fenway? It's all about the most simplistic microeconomic principles of supply and demand. The same people who complain about a $5 hot dog or say, a $25,000 car that costs less than $10,000 to manufacture, complain about paying 20% off face for a ticket. Does anybody else feel this way? Or does everyone think scalpers are the scum of the earth?

yeszir
06-22-2004, 11:24 AM
Damn commie scalpers. :D

But I do see your point, plus scalpers are complete dicks when it comes to waiting in line for tickets.

YanksHater213
06-22-2004, 02:41 PM
i dont really mind them unless they ask for tickets. especially the ones that go from car to car waiting at a stop light... that pisses me off