PDA

View Full Version : Living in Fenway

asibtroy
01-07-2006, 11:02 PM
I just saw a place posted on craigslist for an apt across the street from Fenway park!
Is that a dream or what? If i lived there I could spit on the Yankers and their little whiny Yanker fans whenever they come to town.

schillingouttheks
01-07-2006, 11:10 PM
Um, interesting!

YanksHater213
01-07-2006, 11:11 PM
Very!

Optimist
01-07-2006, 11:18 PM
I just saw a place posted on craigslist for an apt across the street from Fenway park!
Is that a dream or what? If i lived there I could spit on the Yankers and their little whiny Yanker fans whenever they come to town.

...or just enjoy being near your favorite team's park?

Wait, that would require thinking about the Red Sox before the Yankees; I understand that's hard for some* Sox fans.

*Key word! Don't all suddenly attack me.:o

Sox fan in Tex
01-07-2006, 11:24 PM
Ah, we don't think about New York that much. ;)

26 to 6
01-08-2006, 12:56 AM
...or just enjoy being near your favorite team's park?

Wait, that would require thinking about the Red Sox before the Yankees; I understand that's hard for some* Sox fans.

*Key word! Don't all suddenly attack me.:o
I wonder what red Sox Nation would be like if every Sox fan/Boston media personell thought about the Sox before they thought about the yankees. :dunno:

lol

But seriously, on NESN they talk about the Yankees almost as much as they talk about the Sox. :lol:

Optimist
01-08-2006, 01:15 AM
I've noticed they've been spending alot of time on the Red Sox on "Yankee Hot Stove" recently. Like last week, the first 5 - 10 minutes were Red Sox then Bob was like, "Well, we should probably talk about the Yankees now..." or something like that. :lol:

26 to 6
01-08-2006, 01:32 AM
I've noticed they've been spending alot of time on the Red Sox on "Yankee Hot Stove" recently. Like last week, the first 5 - 10 minutes were Red Sox then Bob was like, "Well, we should probably talk about the Yankees now..." or something like that. :lol:
yea lol, I noticed that too. But at least he doesnt, when talking about the Yankees and the moves they make, compare them to moves made by the Red Sox. :lol:

ORS
01-08-2006, 08:50 AM
Taken in context, I find this little snicker fest between you two Yankee fans filled with irony. I mean, you are Yankee fans drunk with contempt for how Sox fans focus on the Yanks, but look at the venue where it takes place, a Red Sox message board. Pot meet kettle, kettle meet pot, you are both black by the way.

yeszir
01-08-2006, 08:55 AM
It would be cool and all, especially hearing free rolling stones concerts, but I think it could possibly get old after a while. I'd rather live a few blocks away.

Soxfan#1
01-08-2006, 10:47 AM
I think the yankee fans might make an angry mob to get you out of town.

On Another note, I just started using craigslist yesterday (I acendently typed in craiglist the first time). It's cool.

whereisnomar
01-08-2006, 11:26 AM
I think the yankee fans might make an angry mom to get you out of town.

On Another note, I just started using craigslist yesterdy (I acendently typed in craiglist the first time). It's cool.

You don't want to type in CRAIGlist, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE S!:thumbsup:

Youk Of The Nation
01-08-2006, 07:09 PM
I think the yankee fans might make an angry mom to get you out of town.

On Another note, I just started using craigslist yesterdy (I acendently typed in craiglist the first time). It's cool.

Who's mom?

Soxfan#1
01-08-2006, 07:11 PM
dan typos....

Edit- CRAP!!

yeszir
01-08-2006, 07:40 PM
No, soxfan#1 typos. I don't know who this Dan person you are accusing is, but I bet that he doesnt appreciate it.

gosox613
01-08-2006, 07:49 PM
I wonder what red Sox Nation would be like if every Sox fan/Boston media personell thought about the Sox before they thought about the yankees. :dunno:

lol

But seriously, on NESN they talk about the Yankees almost as much as they talk about the Sox. :lol:

um yankees fans, first of all, "keep your friends close, your enemies closer" and second, isnt it ironic that you are backing up us being way to concerned about the yankees with evidence from a RED SOX (NESN) channel that you both seem to watch?

26 to 6
01-08-2006, 10:27 PM
um yankees fans, first of all, "keep your friends close, your enemies closer" and second, isnt it ironic that you are backing up us being way to concerned about the yankees with evidence from a RED SOX (NESN) channel that you both seem to watch?
So me watching NESN means what exactly?? When YES is showing Running and there is nothing else on I will watch some NESN. When YES is showing Paid Programing at 3AM I will flip between NESN's SportsDesk and MSG's Sportsdesk. That doesnt mean anything. But the Host on NESN (Forget his name, balding guy, wears glasses) is completely OBSESSED with the Yankees. Boston columnists, in columns/articles having to do with the Red Sox mention the Yankees in a good number of them.

All I know is that Bob Lorenz, Bill Madden, Tom Verducci, or whoever else is on Yankees Hot Stove on a particular thursday dont assess the moves the Yankees make by comparing them to moves made by the Sox and how the newly acquired players will do against the Sox, like TC does the other way around. ON NESN's sportsdesk i've seen segments on the Yankees given a title having to do with the Yankees, "News from the Empire" or something like that (dont remember for sure). If on a YES Pre/Post game show or on MSG's SportsDesk the REd Sox are being talked about, there isnt a segment designated for them, they just cover them as they would cover the Tigers or Padres or any of the other 29 teams.

Its not that big a deal, me and Optimist were just kidding with our posts, but people took it seriously and whatnot and complained about it. I didnt mean for it to be a big deal, but there is just no denying that Red Sox Nation's obsession with the Yankees is crazy. Yankee fans dont chant Boston sucks when playing the Tigers or Angels, Most Yankee fans dont wear Boston Sucks or anti-Red Sox t-shirts on days other than those where we are playing the Sox. There arent HALF as many anti-Boston sites on the internet as there are anti-Yankee sites made by Red Sox fans. Some of these sites started making their own Anti-Yankees clothing. The YH-Yankee Hater caps that Stephen King wears, the countless t-shirts (granted, walk into Stans on River Ave and there are quite a few anti-Boston shirts, but not nearly as many as there are anti-Yankee shirts), etc. Next thing you know they'll be Yankees Suck pajamas and boxers and thongs and even socks.

OK, I made this extremely long post because I had nothing better to do and was very bored. Dont take it the wrong way.

ORS
01-08-2006, 10:49 PM
So me watching NESN means what exactly?? When YES is showing Running and there is nothing else on I will watch some NESN. When YES is showing Paid Programing at 3AM I will flip between NESN's SportsDesk and MSG's Sportsdesk. That doesnt mean anything. But the Host on NESN (Forget his name, balding guy, wears glasses) is completely OBSESSED with the Yankees. Boston columnists, in columns/articles having to do with the Red Sox mention the Yankees in a good number of them.

All I know is that Bob Lorenz, Bill Madden, Tom Verducci, or whoever else is on Yankees Hot Stove on a particular thursday dont assess the moves the Yankees make by comparing them to moves made by the Sox and how the newly acquired players will do against the Sox, like TC does the other way around. ON NESN's sportsdesk i've seen segments on the Yankees given a title having to do with the Yankees, "News from the Empire" or something like that (dont remember for sure). If on a YES Pre/Post game show or on MSG's SportsDesk the REd Sox are being talked about, there isnt a segment designated for them, they just cover them as they would cover the Tigers or Padres or any of the other 29 teams.

Its not that big a deal, me and Optimist were just kidding with our posts, but people took it seriously and whatnot and complained about it. I didnt mean for it to be a big deal, but there is just no denying that Red Sox Nation's obsession with the Yankees is crazy. Yankee fans dont chant Boston sucks when playing the Tigers or Angels, Most Yankee fans dont wear Boston Sucks or anti-Red Sox t-shirts on days other than those where we are playing the Sox. There arent HALF as many anti-Boston sites on the internet as there are anti-Yankee sites made by Red Sox fans. Some of these sites started making their own Anti-Yankees clothing. The YH-Yankee Hater caps that Stephen King wears, the countless t-shirts (granted, walk into Stans on River Ave and there are quite a few anti-Boston shirts, but not nearly as many as there are anti-Yankee shirts), etc. Next thing you know they'll be Yankees Suck pajamas and boxers and thongs and even socks.

OK, I made this extremely long post because I had nothing better to do and was very bored. Dont take it the wrong way.
Since gosox and I were the only two who commented on the irony, I'll guess I'll throw my two cents in.

Where is there a denial that some are obsessed? There isn't one. Where is there a complaint? There isn't one. We both pointed out the irony of the situation. You ought to look that word up since you don't seem to know what it means, it will save you the time you wasted on this rant refuting a point that was never made.

Youk Of The Nation
01-09-2006, 01:31 AM

I already have Yankees Suck pajamas.

Oh, and to paraphrase some dead guy:

The reason there are so many more Anti-Yankees items, websites, and people is because it's "human instinct to fight against evil by any means possible, be it speech, expression or assembly".

You won't see that many people rallying against the 'good guys' unless they are, of course, agents of the bad.

Oh, and I don't know which dead guy I'm paraphrasing, but it sounds like something Ben Franklin or Thomas Paine or one of those guys might have said.

Sox Fan on Cape
01-09-2006, 04:32 AM
I already have Yankees Suck pajamas.

Oh, and to paraphrase some dead guy:

The reason there are so many more Anti-Yankees items, websites, and people is because it's "human instinct to fight against evil by any means possible, be it speech, expression or assembly".

You won't see that many people rallying against the 'good guys' unless they are, of course, agents of the bad.

Oh, and I don't know which dead guy I'm paraphrasing, but it sounds like something Ben Franklin or Thomas Paine or one of those guys might have said.

Cool, is the printing acroos the front of the pants ?

Youk Of The Nation
01-09-2006, 10:19 PM
Cool, is the printing acroos the front of the pants ?

No, the shirt. The pants have "Yankees Suck" all over them in smaller letters.

Optimist
01-10-2006, 07:16 PM

I have never seen a NESN broadcast in my life; not until recently did I even learn its name. (I thought for the longest time it was something like SES :lol: )

26 to 6
01-11-2006, 12:55 AM
wow, Yankees Suck pajamas?? Thats ridiculous :lol:

Youk Of The Nation
01-11-2006, 01:57 AM
wow, Yankees Suck pajamas?? Thats ridiculous :lol:

I dated a Yankees fan for about a month, I used to wear them just to annoy her.

26 to 6
01-12-2006, 05:26 AM
I dated a Yankees fan for about a month, I used to wear them just to annoy her.
:lol: lol

reading that reminded me of the scene in Anger Management where Adam Sandler (I forget the character's name) is with that giirl in Boston and she takes off her clothes and has on Red Sox under-garments :lol:

Youk Of The Nation
01-12-2006, 02:56 PM
:lol: lol

reading that reminded me of the scene in Anger Management where Adam Sandler (I forget the character's name) is with that giirl in Boston and she takes off her clothes and has on Red Sox under-garments :lol:

:lol: