PDA

View Full Version : Im Happy We Kept Manny

Tek04
06-27-2004, 11:29 AM
He is tearing the crap out of the ball right now, and he is more relaxed than after...all we wanted to do all off season is get rid of this guy, and when things didnt work out and he came back to the sox, he came back in a great mood, its a new manny and i love it....this guy is a work horse, doesnt really seem like it...but he is one of the most dangerous hitters in the league...and his defense has improved (what a catch the other night)...but all in all i love watching this guy hit when he is at the plate and im glad hes in a redsox uniform

Zenny
06-27-2004, 03:29 PM
Me too, I love Manny. Both he and Ortiz are going to hit 40 homeruns and 40 doubles this year. Best 3-4 punch in baseball.

YanksHater213
06-27-2004, 03:30 PM
lol, i was just talking about this exact same subject with one of my friends. manny is one of the best hitters in the game, and ortiz is a friggin machine

RedSoxRooter
06-27-2004, 04:05 PM
I never wanted Manny gone.
Manny is here for 5 more years and Big O is around till 2007. Schill is here for 3 years and same with Foulke - this team is going to rebuild it's self, and it's minors, right in front of us with a contending team.

Youk is impressing me more every day.

How many possible draft picks Zenny, if we lose our FAs?

Zenny
06-27-2004, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by RedSoxRooter@Jun 27 2004, 05:05 PM
How many possible draft picks Zenny, if we lose our FAs?
Since all of them are big-name, we could get like 4 first-round picks if they all go and we offer arbitration (that's key). If we don't offer the player arbitration, we don't get that team's pick. Example: Montreal didn't offer Vlad arbitration, they didn't get Anaheim's pick. Oakland offered Foulke arbitration, they got our pick. See how that works? Here's what I think is going to happen:

We re-sign Pedro.

Detroit or Colorado signs Lowe: we get that team's first-rounder (likely top 5 or 10) and a supplemental round (sandwich round between 1st and 2nd)

We sign Odalis Perez, LA gets our personal pick, we still have Detroit or Colorado's.

LA or Anaheim signs Nomar: we get their pick somewhere between 15 and 30 and a supp. pick.

We re-sign Williamson.

Varitek signs with one of a variety of teams (Seattle, San Diego, San Francisco, Colorado, wherever) and we would get that pick, probably in the 10-25 range.

So that breaks down as:

Sox get one first-rounder and one supplemental pick from Lowe's team, Nomar's team and Varitek's team.
LA gets our pick from Perez.

So, in theory if all this happens, the Sox would have three first-round picks, three supplemental round picks and possibly some second-rounders (I'm never positive how that works).

aimfrep
06-27-2004, 04:59 PM
me2? who isnt right now.

YANKEES SUCK

noonanberg
06-27-2004, 07:23 PM
I've never liked Manny as much as I do this year. Despite the trade rumors he has been in an exceptionally good mood. He is always joking on the bench and now even talks to the media once in a while. Almost all of his Fenway homers have ended up outside the park and his batting average is amazing. The most impressive thing though is his fielding. Although he still makes some blunders, he at least puts effort into every ball hit near him, even those that aren't hit near him too. I'm glad we decided to keep him (and Nomar too.)