PDA

View Full Version : Millar-questions Abound

sarasoxfan
06-28-2004, 10:06 AM
Okay, I have had it and yes I am optimistic about the future. This same thing happend last year and look what happend. I was ranting and raving about how much I hated alan embree (and I still do) and I never missed an opportunity to insult Grady. I vowed to be mr. sunshine this year, because responding to every peak and valley makes me nuts. Objectively, I cant get by how awful kevin millar is playing. He stinks at bat and in the field. How long can you keep using a guy because he is good in the clubhouse. I am not sure. At least gabe is fast. I cant come up with anything millar does positive on the field. Last year was last year.
We need some production from this guy-NOW.

YanksHater213
06-28-2004, 10:21 AM
millar is fat...

CalvnHobs6
06-28-2004, 10:30 AM
Eating all that KFC doesn't help.

YanksHater213
06-28-2004, 06:21 PM
i wonder if he has ever heard of slimfast....

noonanberg
06-28-2004, 07:52 PM
I hated Millar before he was even a Sock. He is the reason Hillenbrand is gone (although I do like Youk). He is slower than Ortiz, scary but I think it's true. He can't play first base, is too slow for left field, and although brought in for third base, I think he's played about two games there (I'm estimating). On top of all this, he couldn't hit a beach ball. Sure his attitude is good, but so was Tony Clark's and he's gone. Yet he had a better upside. I don't care if he's traded released or sent down, but Millar is taking playing time from more deserving guys such as Daubach, Kapler and McCarty.

CalvnHobs6
06-28-2004, 08:20 PM
I had no idea Millar was brought in to play 3rd base. For the record, Millar hasn't set foot on 3rd in a Sox uniform, and has played the position 28 times out of 647 career games.

Zenny
06-28-2004, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by CalvnHobs6@Jun 28 2004, 09:20 PM
I had no idea Millar was brought in to play 3rd base. For the record, Millar hasn't set foot on 3rd in a Sox uniform, and has played the position 28 times out of 647 career games.
He wasn't. He was always slated to be the 1B, with Hillenbrand at 3B and Jeremy Giambi at DH. That was the pre-2003 plan. What a shitty plan that was.