PDA

View Full Version : Game threads

Soxfan#1
02-18-2006, 04:21 PM
turn the post count off in there. There's way too many useless posts in there (Spam).

YanksHater213
02-18-2006, 04:29 PM
random...

stocker323
02-18-2006, 04:36 PM
I disagree. Usually people just post play by play and reactions which is very useful to members on the board who cannot watch the game. There is also many debate over managerial decisions among other things. I don't think any of it is spam so I don't know what you're going at there.

Soxfan#1
02-18-2006, 04:58 PM
Why can't they post play by play without there post ount going up? I can show you many posts with retarded posts.

stocker323
02-18-2006, 05:06 PM
Why can't they post play by play without there post ount going up? I can show you many posts with retarded posts.

What difference is post count anyway. No one really judges anyone by the number of posts they have anyway (at least I don't) so I don't see why post count is such a big deal.

Sox Fan on Cape
02-18-2006, 05:09 PM
What is your problem ? Post counts are insignificant, its not like you gain privileges or a bonus. Also, who defines retarded or worthless posts ? I think just about everybody here ( myself included ) have made a few shall we say, " less than insightful posts ".

yeszir
02-18-2006, 05:34 PM
If people want to use game threads to pad their post count, so be it. Post counts, as already stated, mean nothing.

ARod2212
02-18-2006, 05:56 PM
On the topic of game threads, perhaps you guys should put in a post game thread. If somebody wants to discuss the game itself when it ends, I think it would be easier to do there. It would be a better alternative than trying to read through 15 pages of 'PAPI!!!!!!!!!' to find some meaningful discussion.

They have that at the NY Rangers forum I go to, and it works well.

RedSoxRooter
02-18-2006, 11:45 PM
I have no problem with the game threads being a wasteland of "PAPIIIIIII1!!!!" posts. Game threads are all about emotion and the ride of the game. The fact that they are usually closed the next morning leaves enough time for post game discussion if you ask me. Many times games/plays/calls are broken down into the wee hours of the morning anyway.

As for post counts, why not just get rid of them all together? It seems to be causing a problem and you can use the user ranking feature if it really means that much to some people.

YanksHater213
02-18-2006, 11:53 PM
I dont even read game threads. Except the 4th of July one. I read that one.

MC Hammer
02-19-2006, 12:51 AM
I don't see why it matters how many posts people make it game threads.

Who cares about post count.

ORS
02-19-2006, 08:58 AM
I have no problem with the game threads being a wasteland of "PAPIIIIIII1!!!!" posts. Game threads are all about emotion and the ride of the game. The fact that they are usually closed the next morning leaves enough time for post game discussion if you ask me. Many times games/plays/calls are broken down into the wee hours of the morning anyway.

As for post counts, why not just get rid of them all together? It seems to be causing a problem and you can use the user ranking feature if it really means that much to some people.
RSR, you got custom title rights from the Super Bowl grids, right? If so, the "Banned" is hilarious. If not, can someone tell me what happened?

As for post count, who cares? I know SF#1 seems to think it's a big deal, but I don't see why.

yeszir
02-19-2006, 02:12 PM
RSR, you got custom title rights from the Super Bowl grids, right? If so, the "Banned" is hilarious. If not, can someone tell me what happened?

As for post count, who cares? I know SF#1 seems to think it's a big deal, but I don't see why.
He really pissed me off. He had an entire dumptruck load of nail clippers back into my driveway.
:)

ORS
02-19-2006, 02:51 PM
He really pissed me off. He had an entire dumptruck load of nail clippers back into my driveway.
:)
That was pretty insensitive of him considering your tragic nail clipper accident. Are you able pee staning up again yet?

yeszir
02-19-2006, 03:09 PM
That was pretty insensitive of him considering your tragic nail clipper accident. Are you able pee staning up again yet?
Only with the help of my manservant Charles.

Cityofchampions33
02-21-2006, 01:34 PM
Whats teh difference on post counts on game threads, who gives a shit?

jsinger121
02-21-2006, 01:36 PM
another thing that is a non issue just like manny not showing up

Cityofchampions33
02-21-2006, 01:43 PM
no suprise SF#1 started it

yankeessuck013
02-21-2006, 06:01 PM
Figures it was right after I passed Yeszir.

kyahbean
02-21-2006, 06:12 PM
Well I will just reiterate what everyone else is saying....oh yeah and quit being a baby about post count...who gives a shit!?

If you really are that obsessed with your post count...go to an old game thread and spam it.... :rolleyes: