PDA

View Full Version : Lots More Rumors

elsrbueno
07-01-2004, 11:47 AM
1. Theo Epstein is working on getting a first baseman (no names mentioned other than a week-old reference to Carlos Delgado)

2. Nomar Garciaparra is being shopped (but there probably aren't any takers)

3. Steve Finley is on the Sox' radar screen, but may not come to Boston (Larry Luchino pisses off yet another player?)

4. If Randy Johnson becomes available, the Red Sox will be interested (why wouldn't they)

5. The Mets have made Kris Benson their top priority (but I don't think the Sox were ever interested anyway).

Thoughts?

trot4mvp
07-01-2004, 12:04 PM
1. I'm not that interested in Delgado...his monstrous contract scares me!
2. Interesting point...who the hell would take Garciaparra? I mentioned Kenny Williams the other day, but he's not exactly a high priority right now.
3. I've never really cared for Steve Finley; I don't see him as much of an improvement over anyone in our outfield. He's not the kind of impact player (a la Beltran) that this team needs right now.
4. Hit the nail on the head with the Big Unit...why WOULDN'T we want this guy??
5. I can't see us being too interested in Benson. I see Theo and Co. going after a top of the line lefty SP (too bad about Odalis Perez....)

Any word on Catalanatto's status? How hurt is he? He may be just what the Sox need...a consistent hitter with decent power who can play anywhere on the field.

Any other rumors out there??

softball
07-11-2004, 08:29 AM
Now isn't there talk of the Randy going over to the yankees?

How much does Randy get paid? Add that to 180 mil of the yankees o.o

CrespoBlows
07-11-2004, 09:22 AM
The Yankees or the Sox have top level prospects. The Sox do have better ones though in the lower systems. That's what may push them over the top in the Johnson sweepstakes. Still, I doubt Johnson would ever waive his no trade clause.

NomarMannyOrtizzle
07-11-2004, 11:47 AM
Crespo, to add to your remark about RJ waiving his no trade clause: I think if a deal was made by the Sox, Johnson would waive it. He has nothing left to prove, and he wants another championship. If he doesn't want to come, then the Red Sox will convince him to. The Sox convinced Schilling to come over. The Sox convinced A-Rod to want to come over. The Sox can convince Jonson to come over.

schillingouttheks
07-11-2004, 02:05 PM
ortizzle, i agree with u, and remember, schilling was once a d-back too and a great friend of RJ when they were both in arizona. hopefully at the all star game schilling can convince RJ to come to boston. i also agree with u with the championship thing, after all, the d-backs basically have no chance to get even a wild card now, so they are going for top level young prospects, such as the guys we have in pawtucket and portland. if there is going to be a young team over there, then by the time the d-backs win their next championship, RJ will have retired a long time ago.

Ortiz34
07-11-2004, 08:07 PM
Im reading all these different topics, and it seems like the same people are saying the same thing over and over again. Ive heard Nomah say "hopeully schilling can convince Rj to come to the sox at the allstar game" at least 4 times. Lets try to talk about a different topic or different rumors. Ok?

Sizzlin22
07-22-2004, 08:25 PM
All I know is that the Yankees have NO fram system so it will be hard for them to get Randy.

schillingouttheks
07-23-2004, 03:16 PM
not if randy asks to be traded to them...he is in complete control of the situation...and he has said he will agree to a trade ONLY if he goes to the yankees...so big whoop for RJ...what an asshole..so much for helping arizona.

Sizzlin22
07-23-2004, 06:51 PM
Randy is not coming to Boston he made that perfectly clear why would there be no takers for Nomar?

schillingouttheks
07-23-2004, 07:38 PM
who said no one was interested?

elsrbueno
07-23-2004, 10:10 PM
The Cubs might be interested....the White Sox might be interested...I think Theo was operating under the fantasy that this team could actually COMPETE.

I love Nomar, but he's only gunna rot here in third place in the AL East before long. Theo, do him a favor and trade him to a real team that has a chance to win.

stocker323
07-24-2004, 07:07 AM
What the hell are you talking about 3rd place in the AL East. WE are only a half game out of a freakin playoff spot and people are already giving up on the season. They have the ability to turn it around at any moment and if they pull off a long winning streak We'll be ahead by 3 or 4 games in the wild card

YanksHater213
07-24-2004, 08:54 AM
talk about turning it around, that gay fat fuck is starting to work his way out of the dog house with his recent surge of homers (its millar if anyone didnt know who i was referring to). bottom line is that everyplayer on the team has to start to play hard and play great baseball night in and night out, starting today

Sizzlin22
07-25-2004, 01:50 PM
Any other good SP available outside of Johnson or Benson?

YanksHater213
07-25-2004, 05:02 PM
dont think so

ACL BoSox
07-26-2004, 10:03 AM
Chicago Sun-Times columnist Jay Mariotti

"A deal for shortstop Orlando Cabrera could be imminent, with Alex Gonzalez again serving as the resident rally-killer, but Cabrera's slow bat speed and .240 batting average should be duly noted. Nomar Garciaparra will be available only if Hendry relinquishes Matt Clement, which should be considered if the front office is convinced Prior and Kerry Wood are healthy."

http://www.suntimes.com/output/mariotti/cst-spt-jay26.html

Well, not quite Randy Johnson, but Matt Clement is wicked awesome! Doubtful though :(

Sizzlin22
07-26-2004, 08:33 PM
Very doubtful