PDA

View Full Version : The Official Nomar Thread

sarasoxfan
07-01-2004, 07:19 PM
Let's talk about Nomar.

I think he is a stuck up baby.

I think he is a steroid freak, as well. He fell apart last year at the end and has been useless since.

I wonder what our record was before he came back and what is since. I believe he has been impact player....But not the way we'd like.

yeszir
07-01-2004, 07:43 PM
I hope you dont mind if I make this the "official nomar thread"

vaman61
07-02-2004, 07:43 AM
I guess I am old-fashioned. But I beleive when you make millions of dollars playing a game, you better get your ass on the field, play the game well, treat your teammates, manager, the press, and the fans with MORE than a modicum of respect, and, above all, keep your talents going into September/October.
But hey, that's just my humble opinion.

elsrbueno
07-02-2004, 08:58 AM
vaman,
I agree. These athletes should realize it is a privelage to be on that field. These guys make more than I make in a YEAR per GAME.....They owe it to US (the fans) to give 100%.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I know I'm not alone when I say that it just doesn't look like Nomar wants to be here. I was against the idea of A-Rod, because I never wanted to lose Nomar..... If he could go back to the old Nomar, who gave 110% and loved playing for Boston...I'd sign him in a SECOND.

I just don't feel like he's helping the team right now. If he needs some more time in AAA to get himself RIGHT, I say do it.

YanksHater213
07-02-2004, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by vaman61@Jul 2 2004, 08:43 AM
I guess I am old-fashioned. But I beleive when you make millions of dollars playing a game, you better get your ass on the field, play the game well, treat your teammates, manager, the press, and the fans with MORE than a modicum of respect, and, above all, keep your talents going into September/October.
But hey, that's just my humble opinion.
i think that is everyones opinion. players get paid ridiculous amounts just to play the game they love. it is really stupid. if they dont want to play, dont pay them, its that simple

elsrbueno
07-02-2004, 09:44 AM
Reverting this back to Nomar....

What should the Sox do with him? I say send him down to AAA where he can get himself right in a no-pressure situation.

Noah
07-02-2004, 09:51 AM
Here's a Mets fan's perspective on all of this:

Watching the game last night, even as the outcome was not in favor of the team I was rooting for (yes, the Red Sox), I was captivated. Amazing defense, flip-flop scores, Manny hitting that home run in the top of the 13th, and then, to my dismay, Flaretty (sp?) driving in the winning run in the bottom of the 13th. And you could tell that the players were engaged as well. What do you expect with 55,000+ watching the greatest rivalry in sports take their game deep into extra innings (I wanted a 14th-inning stretch!) However, one thing caught my eye during the telecast: your star shortstop is the only person in that dugout that is not standing.

In my eye, Nomar has publically humiliated himself, and there must still be some sour grapes from the entire A-Rod fiasco. To see your All-Star shortstop sitting down when nobody else is is shame. And to refuse to play, when his bat could have been a major savior for the Red Sox in that tight ballgame simply stunned me. It's almost incomprehensible.

Somebody needs to talk to him, before it is too late.

noonanberg
07-02-2004, 10:33 AM
Nomar's problem is not in his head, it's all Mia Hamm's fault. It was because of her Nomar sucked last year in the postseason (he didn't shave his head for his wedding). And I still blame her for his awful play since then. Thanks a lot Mama Mia.

element1151
07-02-2004, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Noah@Jul 2 2004, 09:51 AM
your star shortstop is the only person in that dugout that is not standing.

He was one of the only ones that didn't play either.

elsrbueno
07-02-2004, 02:29 PM
Here's an article from ESPN on Nomar.

Basically saying the stuff already said....

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...ons/take/040702 (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/take/040702)

Tek04
07-02-2004, 02:39 PM
So what happened? The Yankees loaded the bases to pitch to Kevin Millar -- a good idea since we're coming up on the one-year anniversary of the death of his career

:lol:

Bill Simmons always makes me laugh

stocker323
07-02-2004, 02:40 PM
The Sports guy is always the guy that I love to read when I visit ESPN.com. Especially when he makes fun of Crespo.

vaman61
07-02-2004, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by elsrbueno@Jul 2 2004, 02:29 PM
Here's an article from ESPN on Nomar.

Basically saying the stuff already said....

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...ons/take/040702 (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/take/040702)
Right on. Bring on the Pokey Era, please. Let the young ones getting into baseball for the first time remember The Pokey Years.

stocker323
07-02-2004, 05:57 PM
What Nomar did last night was a despicable act. Your team is playin the freakin Yankees and are in danger of falling 8.5 games back in the division and he's moping in the dugout like we're supposed to be sorry for him because his heel is "sore" and that he almost got traded. When everyone else was standing on the top step of the dugout rooting for their team, Nomar was just sitting there as if he couldn't care a bit about the game. All of the people who think that Nomar is better than Jeter are dead wrong. Jeter hustles for every ball on every play he knows exactly where to be on every play and is an all around team player. Nomar couldn't care less and he laughs about it when he makes an error. I think the best thing that we can do is trade the overpaid baby and get someone who can perform in the clutch and actually wants to play here.

YanksHater213
07-02-2004, 06:24 PM
nice rant...

Noah
07-02-2004, 07:59 PM
Nomar Garciaparra doesn't understand something that even Ty Wigginton understands, and that's sad (Nomar is an All-Star, Ty is a measly third baseman for the Mets).

Part of this game is trades. If the management find a deal that they feel will benefit the team, I see no issue in trying to deal Nomar. He took it like they didn't want him. The Sox had a chance to acquire one of the Top 3 in the game, so obviously they will take a shot.

Old Hoss
07-04-2004, 01:56 AM
While he is still here, I just want to see him out on the field hitting the shit out of the ball. Don't trade him just for trading him sake.

A few more 3 for 4 nights and a couple of nice defensive plays at short and all will be forgotten.

I'm not driving myself nuts for the rest of the year.

Whatever will be will be.