PDA

View Full Version : Bye Bob Brenly

vaman61
07-02-2004, 02:06 PM
The Arizona Diamondbacks today fired manager Bob Brenly. The D-Backs will name a replacement for the remainder of the season at an afternoon news conference.

The firing comes in the wake of a recent tailspin in which the team lost a club-record eleven games. It has won two straight since then.

D-Backs chairman Jerry Colangelo says this is never an easy decision to make, particularly with someone as well liked as Brenly.

Citing numerous injuries, Colangelo says the blame for the club's performance doesn't fall solely on Brenly's shoulders.

But Colangelo says, however, with disappointments come change. And he says the new ownership group and management team feel that now is the time to relieve Brenly of his duties.

CalvnHobs6
07-02-2004, 02:13 PM
It's not Brenly's fault. I actually do like the Diamondbacks a lot (they have Fossum and Hillenbrand, as well as Baerga, and of course the Unit) and the problem wasn't their manager, whose impressive record with the Dbacks (303-262) was overshadowed by the fact that their team has very little talent.

yeszir
07-02-2004, 02:25 PM
That team sucks this year. What are they, 17 games out already? They needed a shakeup. This robably wont change anything, but its an understandable move to make.

Tek04
07-02-2004, 02:28 PM
I heard they are looking at grady little :rolleyes:

stocker323
07-02-2004, 02:36 PM
I agree with Calvin. Brenly is a very good manager who is the scapegoat for the D-backs's poor performance this year.