PDA

View Full Version : Hey Rsn

Ortiz34
07-06-2004, 04:34 PM
Hey everyone. I just joined this site, and im happy to be here. One of my "friends" from college told me abuot this site, unfortunately he is a yankees fan. I decided to join after reading through some of the posts. I have been a redsox fan for all my life (22 years). My favorite player on the redsox right now is Ortiz. I have to say Mo Vaughn is my favorite sox player of all time, i just loved watching him crush the ball. I just want to fill you in on something that has scarred me for almost all my life. I was four, and i was visiting my grandparents in New York in October of 1986. (You can see where this is going). I considered myself a redsox fan at the time, but I hardly knew anything about the team (And i had never been to a game). My Dad surprised me with World Series tickets to game 6 at Shea Stadium. I was really excited, and i covered myself in redsox logos. I had a hat, little pants, and a little jersey. Anyway, i dont remember much from the game, except one harsh moment. My dad was on his feet, and he was holding me on his back. He was trembling with excitement, but i had no clue what was going on. Then all of a sudden, he started shouted and flung me off his back onto the ground. He started cursing at the top of his lungs. Bill Buckner had just let the ball slip through his legs. And there i was, lying on the floor of Shea Stadium, crying and yelling.

Just thought I'd share my first game experience with you guys. Haha, sorry if I brough back some bad feelings. Well i look forward to posting here in the future.

Zenny
07-06-2004, 04:36 PM
Wow, your dad threw you on the ground!?!? That's RSN for ya; team first, family second. Welcome.

Ortiz34
07-06-2004, 04:52 PM
haha more like team first, team second, family third

YanksHater213
07-06-2004, 04:52 PM
welcome to the site, enjoy your stay

Tek04
07-06-2004, 07:03 PM
Welcome bro...and what a good/bad game to go to....it was a world series game, thats awesome, the redsox were playing, thats awesome....but it was the 1986 game 6 game :( bad