PDA

View Full Version : Your ELITE NYY:

Pages : [1] 2

Sox fan in Tex
04-17-2006, 07:37 PM
YOUR 26-time World Series Champion New York Yankees are in one hell of an ELITE group! They fit in a 'category' with the following teams: The MIGHTY Toronto Blue Jays, the POWERHOUSE Kansas City Royals, the HARD-HITTING (NEVER WIN ANYTHING) Texas Rangers, the former last place in the West Seattle Mariners, the Arizona D-Backs ('01 WS, motherfuckers) and more!

What do all of these ELITE teams have in common? They are all playing .500 or worse baseball! :lol: Congrats, Yankee fans! Your $200M team is looking up not only to DADDY Boston, but the cross-town Mets, and even the $35M Devil Rays! Keep up the good work, Steinbrenner, Jeter and A-Rod.

"Loretta hits one into the air to deep left. Ibonez is back. It is up, it is gone! And the Red Sox win! Mark Loretta walks off! The Red Sox win it 7-6 on Patriots Day!" -- Don Orsillo with the call on New England Sports Network

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a202/tx_soxfan11/redsoxwalkoff.jpg

"The Yankees lose! Thaaaaaaaaa Yankees lose!"

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a202/tx_soxfan11/twinsbeatrivera.jpg

P.S. Tell Rivera that the goal is to get the hitters out. You may want to remind him as well that a 5.40 ERA is not good. Yankees suck. :lol:

Manny Goes Boom
04-17-2006, 07:42 PM
YOUR 26-time World Series Champion New York Yankees are in one hell of an ELITE group! They fit in a 'category' with the following teams: The MIGHTY Toronto Blue Jays, the POWERHOUSE Kansas City Royals, the HARD-HITTING (NEVER WIN ANYTHING) Texas Rangers, the former last place in the West Seattle Mariners, the Arizona D-Backs ('01 WS, motherfuckers) and more!

P.S. Tell Rivera that the goal is to get the hitters out. You may want to remind him as well that a 5.40 ERA is not good. Yankees suck. :lol:

LMAO! :lol:

Hey get off the Diamondbacks case, at least they have a farm system. :lol:

schillingouttheks
04-17-2006, 07:43 PM
:lol:

I'm not bored anymore hahahahaha.

RedSoxRooter
04-17-2006, 07:50 PM
"Loretta hits one into the air to deep left. Ibonez is back. It is up, it is gone! And the Red Sox win! Mark Loretta walks off! The Red Sox win it 7-6 on Patriots Day!" -- Don Orsillo with the call on New England Sports Network

http://bellsouthpwp.net/c/h/chinigor/audio/loretta.mp3

Haha, Tex. You rock.

Sox fan in Tex
04-17-2006, 07:51 PM
I am betting the first Yankee fan response is: "But our AAA Columbus Clippers are 6-5." In which we will all go along with the farm system smack and ask how the hell the Double-A Trenton Thunder could be 0-10. ;) Seriously, though... how are the Trenton Thunder winless after 10 games? Anyone?

Thanks, RSR. I learn a lot from your posts. So if I can just make a few people laugh at the Yankees or their fans on here, I am doing my job.

RedRuffing15
04-17-2006, 07:52 PM
Wow..hmm I think I know someone who hates the Yankees more than they like the Sox right here. Like I said before, your a perfect example of someone who opens their damn mouth too fast. You garunteed a division win last season, and...wait...woah, didn't you come in second. You talked all shit at the begining of last season when we sucked and ahh...wait...oh thats right, we beat you in the season series. I am going to laugh my ass off right in your damn face in 3 months when the Yankees are back in first and your just still talking shit about the Yankee payroll as your defense. I'll be waiting, becuase you should have learned at some point in the past..idk..8 seasons! that the Yankees are not a team to mark down as out because they just go on streaks and throw it right back in your face..

But on a positive note, its really surprising to see you not use the pissing gif. Tex, becuase it seems that gay thing pissin on a NY logo is the only way you can make your fairweather points on anything, so thats nice that you went in a different direction for this stupid ass post.

schillingouttheks
04-17-2006, 07:56 PM
Someone's a little mad :lol:

yankeessuck013
04-17-2006, 08:00 PM
hahahaa I feel better now.

thanks tex.

Sox fan in Tex
04-17-2006, 08:06 PM
You save this page and ttt this at the beginning of October (because in September you will still declare it to be "early in the season"). The thing your small mind has yet to comprehend is that the Boston Red Sox are better than Yankees all around. Name one area where the Yankees are better. Not defensively. Not offensively. Not with starting pitching, middle-relief or closing games. Not when it comes to management. Nor when it comes to the fan base. The only advantage you have is money, and this year, that won't matter.

You're bragging about winning the season series 10-9? :lol: What is the season series since 2003? I believe it is Boston holding that advantage, junior.

Sox fan in Tex
04-17-2006, 08:08 PM
Off subject: Nice avatar, yankeessuck013. Sure in college basketball we had a few differences, but it's baseball season now. And we both root for the good guys.

See Red
04-17-2006, 08:08 PM
:lol: :lol:

This thread made my day.

You're the greatest, Tex.

Sox fan in Tex
04-17-2006, 08:11 PM
This thread made my day.

You're the greatest, Tex.

Well, our team is the greatest. I just remind everyone. ;) Congrats on the Nuggets Division title, by the way, See Red. Unfortunately, the only two teams I follow with passion are the Celtics and Rockets. Two not very decent teams.

RedRuffing15
04-17-2006, 08:24 PM
HA, please, I will admit ur Starting pitching is doing better than ours, but to think every aspect of your team is doing better is the stupidest thing I ever heard. Though I'm smart enough to know the only aspect thats important is the Wins, which we don't have, so I won't get into that.

And, when it comes to October, I won't have to be saying its early, as you will be seeing when time gets to there, becuase it will be you who is saying I'm speaking to soon....or should I say....Be saying "Fuck The Yankees, Payroll, Payroll, Payroll, Choke, Payroll, Payroll" Yea..that sounds a little more right to be coming from you.

oo, so you won the season series since 2003 29-28?:lol: What is the season series since 2000, I believe New York is holding that advantage, Junior.

Optimist
04-17-2006, 08:28 PM
You silly Sox fans. :lol:

jsinger121
04-17-2006, 08:36 PM
5 years and counting since the last title.....seems like and enternity to yankee fans.....wouldn't mind seeing it last alot longer.

Optimist
04-17-2006, 08:48 PM
Red Sox fans making fun of a franchise for going a 'long' time without a title...heh...

See Red
04-17-2006, 08:52 PM
Well, our team is the greatest. I just remind everyone. ;) Congrats on the Nuggets Division title, by the way, See Red. Unfortunately, the only two teams I follow with passion are the Celtics and Rockets. Two not very decent teams.

Thank you very much, sir. The Celtics are going to be a very good basketball team down the road, though.

Jsinger, I certainly wouldn't mind seeing that last a little longer either.

See Red
04-17-2006, 08:53 PM
Red Sox fans making fun of a franchise for going a 'long' time without a title...heh...

But during those 86 years, we weren't outspending the rest of the league by a ridiculous amount of money every year.

Five years of being completely unable to buy a Championship (despite their best efforts to do) so are as pathetic as anything.

Optimist
04-17-2006, 08:58 PM
Sure. Keep telling yourself that.

Regardless of how much is spent, a year without a title is a year without a title.

See Red
04-17-2006, 09:04 PM
Sure. Keep telling yourself that.

Regardless of how much is spent, a year without a title is a year without a title.

Not when you've spent the last 5 years trying to buy a World Series.

KeepTheFaith1229
04-17-2006, 09:10 PM
Sox Fan in Tex owns all Yankee fans, resistance is futile. Give up.

ARod2212
04-17-2006, 09:11 PM
hahaaahhahahaahhaahahahhahhahahahahahhahahahaahahh a

You are fucking retarded. No seriously, retarded.

Talk to me in October, dumbass.

schillingouttheks
04-17-2006, 09:13 PM
Well, we most likely will be talking in October. It's becoming a trend for us to be in the postseason as well... I hope.

RedRuffing15
04-17-2006, 09:36 PM
5 years and counting since the last title.....seems like and enternity to yankee fans.....wouldn't mind seeing it last alot longer.
lol...actually, its not as bad as it seems, '01, '02, '03, and '05 were fine...'04 hurt a lil, but I'm patient

schillingouttheks
04-17-2006, 09:38 PM
Don't talk to us like we don't know what 5 years of waiting feels like. Telling us it's not as bad as it seems sounds like you're implying we don't know what it's like. You guys could use a drought. It would be good for you, believe it or not. Experience what REAL suffering is like.

Pinstripe_Pride
04-17-2006, 09:53 PM
Does anyone else find it ironic that a fanbase that had to wait 86 years for a World Title is now making fun of a 5 year drought? Anyone....anyone? You aren't a baseball fan if you can't at least appreciate the New York Yankees franchise, and you definitely aren't a baseball fan if you take pot shots at Mariano Rivera. I guess I'm going to have to get used to silly Red Sox fan remarks considering I'll be living in Boston in a few months, but honestly, wow.

Cityofchampions33
04-17-2006, 09:58 PM

I'm watchin you
||
||
||
V

KeepTheFaith1229
04-17-2006, 10:02 PM
I'll say it again...SFIT owns you all, and resistance is futile.

I'm watchin you
||
||
||
V

Huh?

And SFIT has already explained that 5 years without a title is pathetic when you're dominating the league in payroll.

Optimist
04-17-2006, 10:04 PM
Money doesn't win games, I think that's been established; I also think Red Sox fans and Steinbrenner are the only people who really believe that these days (or at least Sox fans seem to believe it, given how often its brought up.)

RedRuffing15
04-17-2006, 10:06 PM
Don't talk to us like we don't know what 5 years of waiting feels like.
Then don't talk to me like I'm crying over a 5 year drought of WS, becuase I'm not

Optimist
04-17-2006, 10:08 PM
I wonder what would happen if the situation were reversed and Riveranator(?) made a thread like this...

yeszir
04-17-2006, 10:08 PM
I wonder what would happen if the situation were reversed and Riveranator(?) made a thread like this...
Were it a yankee message board it would be fine. Know your surroundings.

RedRuffing15
04-17-2006, 10:09 PM
theyd petetion for a ban

Goalstopper
04-17-2006, 10:10 PM
lol...actually, its not as bad as it seems, '01, '02, '03, and '05 were fine...'04 hurt a lil, but I'm patient
i would admit it isn't that bad in 02 or 05 when you weren't in them but 01 and 03 are pretty big esspecially when the D-backs and the Marlins are teams that just started less than 10 years from there

you won't say the luiz gonzalez hit hurt alittle in 01 or in 03 when a team that has half the payroll as you beats you in the world series.

RedRuffing15
04-17-2006, 10:12 PM
i would admit it isn't that bad in 02 or 05 when you weren't in them but 01 and 03 are pretty big esspecially when the D-backs and the Marlins are teams that just started less than 10 years from there

you won't say the luiz gonzalez hit hurt alittle in 01 or in 03 when a team that has half the payroll as you beats you in the world series.
well '03 hurt mroe than '01...cuz in '01, I was so happy with how the series unfolded..I was still kinda in a good mood after game 7 ended

Optimist
04-17-2006, 10:12 PM

2001 is the one loss I will never complain about.

Pinstripe_Pride
04-17-2006, 10:13 PM
The only part of the post that gets me irritated is the bit on Mariano. I think he needs a little refreshing :)

http://www.onlinesports.com/images/phf-aagb025.jpg
http://www.allposters.com/IMAGES/Ssport/RIVEPHU160839.jpg
http://www.starstruck.com/Images/gallery/Product/SSProductImgs/P0036759.jpg
http://files.blog-city.com/files/J05/139396/p/f/01.jpg

Cityofchampions33
04-17-2006, 10:15 PM
Huh?

check my sig, its directed to ARod12121221

Optimist
04-17-2006, 10:16 PM
I think, rationally, most would agree that a thread like this, on April 16, is a bit foolish (come on Sox fans, I know you can admit it.)

Texas_Red_Sox_Fan
04-17-2006, 10:17 PM
All the new faces have contributed this year to major Sox wins. This year is gonna get better Manny starts to hit the long ball, 5th starter gets big wins..bye bye Yankees..

schillingouttheks
04-17-2006, 10:18 PM
theyd petetion for a ban

No, he would just get eaten alive. Like yeszir said, if you're on a Red Sox board, it's our territory. Go do it on a Yankee board. Know your surroundings.

Then don't talk to me like I'm crying over a 5 year drought of WS, becuase I'm not

Know what I said. I never said you were crying over a 5 year drought. I'm stating that no matter what shit you get, be it stupid or whatever, NEVER say to a Red Sox fan that 5 years isn't as bad as it seems, when you think they don't know what it's like. We have done a whole shitload more of suffering than you will likely ever do in your life. Like I said, a drought would be good for you. You should know what it's like to watch your beloved team like Sox fans have pre-2004.

Does anyone else find it ironic that a fanbase that had to wait 86 years for a World Title is now making fun of a 5 year drought? Anyone....anyone? You aren't a baseball fan if you can't at least appreciate the New York Yankees franchise, and you definitely aren't a baseball fan if you take pot shots at Mariano Rivera. I guess I'm going to have to get used to silly Red Sox fan remarks considering I'll be living in Boston in a few months, but honestly, wow.

Payback is a bitch. As long as it's annoying you and you're commenting on us making fun of your drought, we'll do it. We notice the irony, that's why we do it. Because we know it will make you mad and that's the whole point. I don't speak for everyone, but I can appreciate the Yankee franchise for the point that they compete year in and year out, despite my bitter hatred for them.

As far as taking shots at Mo, it's not like Tex actually believes he sucks. He's saying these things to get a rise out of you, and it's working. And as long as it does, he'll keep doing it, and it will be all the more funny to see you guys get worked up. I also remember hearing something that Yankee fans said to Mo last year too. Wait for it, wait for it....HERE IT IS: "BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO."

Goalstopper
2001 is the one loss I will never complain about.

well '03 hurt mroe than '01...cuz in '01, I was so happy with how the series unfolded..I was still kinda in a good mood after game 7 ended

odd i always thought yankee fan were in shock at the 01 series just because they couldn't see how mariano could blow a save. well that is at least to my yankee friends

Pinstripe_Pride

I'll never understand this fixation on money. Is there some sort of salary cap in baseball I'm not aware of? I appreciate how The Boss spends the money on all of the players so that Yankee fans can see an all-star team play everyday. The Red Sox do it to, so the argument is really null and void.

Get it through your head, it's not the fact that the teams had a low payroll that hurt. 2001 was terrible for obvious reasons and the Marlins were just a better team. I don't think the fact that the teams spent less money ever crossed my mind those two seasons. It's just Yankee haters trying in any way possible to poke and pry at the best franchise in baseball. Haters........ :harhar:

Optimist
04-17-2006, 10:21 PM
It would have seemed sort of petty, if you ask me, having a parade for a bunch of athletes with all that was going on. New York had enough heroes in 2001.

Pinstripe_Pride
04-17-2006, 10:23 PM
It would have seemed sort of petty, if you ask me, having a parade for a bunch of athletes with all that was going on. New York had enough heroes in 2001.
Hmm I never thought of it that way, good point.

Goalstopper
04-17-2006, 10:26 PM
I'll never understand this fixation on money. Is there some sort of salary cap in baseball I'm not aware of? I appreciate how The Boss spends the money on all of the players so that Yankee fans can see an all-star team play everyday. The Red Sox do it to, so the argument is really null and void.

Get it through your head, it's not the fact that the teams had a low payroll that hurt. 2001 was terrible for obvious reasons and the Marlins were just a better team. I don't think the fact that the teams spent less money ever crossed my mind those two seasons. It's just Yankee haters trying in any way possible to poke and pry at the best franchise in baseball. Haters........ :harhar:

well coming in to the WS you guys were enormous favorite because of your all-star cast compared to a cast like the marlins which were just prospects. that is true we are too on getting an all star cast. it's just the way you guys act about it like "the yankees are the best why even have a season when we know who will win" and we also hate you for the ruths, the damons, the clemens, the arod deal.

RedRuffing15
04-17-2006, 10:28 PM
Know what I said. I never said you were crying over a 5 year drought. I'm stating that no matter what shit you get, be it stupid or whatever, NEVER say to a Red Sox fan that 5 years isn't as bad as it seems, when you think they don't know what it's like. We have done a whole shitload more of suffering than you will likely ever do in your life. Like I said, a drought would be good for you. You should know what it's like to watch your beloved team like Sox fans have pre-2004.

Please tell me what my responce should be, when someone says something to me thats not true, I normally say 'No, its not that bad'.....so it has to be worse than the Sox to count? I haven't sufferd for 5 years, though he said 'Must feel like an eternity to Yanks fans'...but it doesn't, it feels like 5 years to Yankees fans, so I really don't know why your so mad becuase I'm saying its not as bad as it seems, since it OBVIOUSLY seems bad for people to think its feels like its been forever since we've won last.

And I never even impied they don't know what 5 years is like, I implied they don't know what 5 years is like....To A Yankees FAN, there is a HUGE difference

schillingouttheks
04-17-2006, 10:34 PM
Well, you should have specified. What you said was "it's not as bad as it seems blah blah blah." You coulda said it doesn't seem like an eternity, but you omitted that part. Haha whatever this is pointless, I know what you meant now. :D

RedRuffing15
04-17-2006, 10:45 PM
Well, you should have specified.
lol...then you don't know me yet....

but at least I got my grammer up

Sox fan in Tex
04-17-2006, 10:52 PM
FROM PAGE TWO:

I would say that about 20% of baseball fans nation wide appreciate the New York Yankees franchise. Also: What is wrong with taking shots at Rivera? I would have taken some shots as Jeter and A-Rod if I had the time tonight. :lol:

The way I see it, just because you have won the East the past eight seasons, doesn't mean it will be the same this year. History changes. Just because the Sox fell out on a WS title 86 years in a row, didn't mean it was going to be 87. Granted, this isn't the greatest of arguments, but I believe you see what I am getting at. Also: These ARE NOT "silly Red Sox remarks." Just because you have $$$ you think you will have a great year again? We have the better team. It is okay for you to consider that a possibility.

See Red
04-17-2006, 11:00 PM

Only petty if you're looking at it in a way that you're honoring heroes with said parade. Sports can serve as a distraction from events like those that unfolded in 2001 -- considering the roll that sports played in helping get back to normalcy in this country, if a parade can give people a chance to take their minds off of something more serious for just a little while and celebrate something, I don't see anything petty about it.

Optimist
04-17-2006, 11:50 PM
One thing keeps coming to mind when I read over this thread...

http://www.agonist.org/archives/mission_accomplished.jpeg

I don't know...maybe it's just me...:lol:

Manny Goes Boom
04-18-2006, 02:10 AM

Excuses, excuses. In 2001 you were OUTCLASSED. PERIOD. The only reason you had a fighting chance was because BK Kim sucked worse than Foulke did last year. If it wasn't for him, you guys might have been swept 4-0, at the toilet, in front of all your fans.

ORS
04-18-2006, 05:46 AM
I think, rationally, most would agree that a thread like this, on April 16, is a bit foolish (come on Sox fans, I know you can admit it.)
I agree. Tex just cooked up a big plate of crow, it remains to be seen if he will have to eat it or not. Personally, I wish there were more baseball discussion here and less baiting. (I know I participate, but I rarely start it)

I'll never understand this fixation on money. Is there some sort of salary cap in baseball I'm not aware of? I appreciate how The Boss spends the money on all of the players so that Yankee fans can see an all-star team play everyday. The Red Sox do it to, so the argument is really null and void......It's just Yankee haters trying in any way possible to poke and pry at the best franchise in baseball. Haters........
Money make the playing field unlevel, so as long as there is no hard cap, it will be part of the discussion. And, while the Sox may be second highest at $124M, the Yankees are light years ahead of them at $192M. The difference between the two is almost the league average payroll. That is substantial.

I'm off to the hospital everyone. My wife is scheduled to have her labor induced this morning, so I may have another daughter by the end of the day. Go Sox!

jsinger121
04-18-2006, 07:11 AM
I agree. Tex just cooked up a big plate of crow, it remains to be seen if he will have to eat it or not. Personally, I wish there were more baseball discussion here and less baiting. (I know I participate, but I rarely start it)

Money make the playing field unlevel, so as long as there is no hard cap, it will be part of the discussion. And, while the Sox may be second highest at $124M, the Yankees are light years ahead of them at $192M. The difference between the two is almost the league average payroll. That is substantial.

I'm off to the hospital everyone. My wife is scheduled to have her labor induced this morning, so I may have another daughter by the end of the day. Go Sox!

Congrats One Red Seat

KeepTheFaith1229
04-18-2006, 07:56 AM
Yeah, congratulations. If it's a boy name him Curt!

Sike nah sike nah

edit: Oh, just saw that it's going to be a girl...

The Monster is my Mom
04-18-2006, 08:03 AM
Congrats!

He Hate Me
04-18-2006, 10:21 AM
Don't talk to us like we don't know what 5 years of waiting feels like. Telling us it's not as bad as it seems sounds like you're implying we don't know what it's like. You guys could use a drought. It would be good for you, believe it or not. Experience what REAL suffering is like.

I became a fan during that drought from the 80's to the mid 90's when we were arguably one of the worst teams in the league. I rooted for guys like Steve Balboni, the Perez brothers, Steve "I can't make a throw" Sax, Andy Stankiewicz, Luis Polonia, Matt Nokes being our lone All Star rep, etc. Everyone tells me that the Yankees were always winning, well I had no clue about their supposed winning ways for almost the first 10 years of my time as a Yankee fan. It would be silly for me to gloat about things I hadn't experienced, like us winning 22 Championships before I became a fan, just as much as it is silly for a guy who's 29 to complain about 86 years of misery. As far as I was concerned, I had suffered as much as the next Red Sox fan in my age group. I didn't root for the Yankees because they had a tradition of winning prior to me becoming a fan, hell I could barley speak English back then.

BTW, congrats ORS. Hopefully you have a daughter!

He Hate Me
04-18-2006, 10:27 AM

Good luck with that subway system.

Sox fan in Tex
04-18-2006, 11:16 AM
Congratulations, One Red Seat! :)

And all I think about, Optimist is:

http://www.political-news.org/images/thumbnails/prosecutor-to-face-hillary-clinton-in-us-senate-race-media.jpg

He Hate Me
04-18-2006, 11:24 AM
Congratulations, One Red Seat! :)

And all I think about, Optimist is:

http://www.political-news.org/images/thumbnails/prosecutor-to-face-hillary-clinton-in-us-senate-race-media.jpg

man you fantasizing about Hillary? That's pretty kinky

See Red
04-18-2006, 01:22 PM
Congratulations, One Red Seat!

TheRivernator
04-18-2006, 02:00 PM

What do all of these ELITE teams have in common? They are all playing .500 or worse baseball! :lol: Congrats, Yankee fans! Your $200M team is looking up not only to DADDY Boston, but the cross-town Mets, and even the $35M Devil Rays! Keep up the good work, Steinbrenner, Jeter and A-Rod.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a202/tx_soxfan11/redsoxwalkoff.jpg

"The Yankees lose! Thaaaaaaaaa Yankees lose!"

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a202/tx_soxfan11/twinsbeatrivera.jpg

I reckon to be fixin to say that y'all idgits from Dixie would be the only mowrons to start celebratin after 12 games. If I had my wits about me, I reckon I'd say you're dumb as a cowpie, I reckon...

Optimist
04-18-2006, 02:32 PM

I think I just threw up a little in my mouth.

Manny Goes Boom
04-18-2006, 02:54 PM
I reckon to be fixin to say that y'all idgits from Dixie would be the only mowrons to start celebratin after 12 games. If I had my wits about me, I reckon I'd say you're dumb as a cowpie, I reckon...

I agree that its too early to celebrate, but like Schill said, hes getting a rise and OBVIOUSLY it worked...

But whats with you and taking potshots at different regions in the country, you think your above everyone else?

Moose
04-18-2006, 03:41 PM

Congrats!

Sox fan in Tex
04-18-2006, 03:56 PM
TheRivernator: Say all the shit you want. The fact is, my team ISN'T playing .500 baseball. The fact is, our closer has an ERA that is 5.40 less than yours. The fact is, the Boston Red Sox aren't full of steroid-popping wimps.

I understand your anger. The Jets suck. The Yankees suck. And most certainly, the Knicks suck. It's alright to admit that Boston is the better sports town. If you want to bring states into this AGAIN: I "reckin" that the Garbage State, New Jersey is a toxic wasteland full of cowards. That explains exactly what you are. End of story. I don't even know why you post here. All the New York retards are over at the YES Boards. You'll fit right in with people of your intelligence level. :lol:

Pinstripe_Pride
04-18-2006, 03:58 PM
I "reckin" that the Garbage State, New Jersey is a toxic wasteland full of cowards.
Now, now. Jersey's where it's at biatches. :thumbsup:

RedRuffing15
04-18-2006, 03:59 PM
I understand your anger. The Jets suck. The Yankees suck. And most certainly, the Knicks suck.
well.......you got that right, lol...but I think the rest was for Rivnator...

I guess my teams are meant to win in decades(a.k.a....the '60s)

See Red
04-18-2006, 04:02 PM
You couldn't pay me to live in New Jersey. Tex hits the nail right on the head again. :D

Pinstripe_Pride
04-18-2006, 04:05 PM
Hey it's really not that bad, at least not where I live. Stupid stereotypes. It's pretty, nice houses, good schools and 20 minutes outside NYC what more could you ask for? Alright now I'm sounding like a commercial...

Sox fan in Tex
04-18-2006, 04:09 PM
It's funny. I make a valid point that the Boston Red Sox are better than the New York Yankees, and TheRivernator has no response at all. Then again, he does believe that altogether as a town, Boston is better than New York.

From "Johnny D... hate him or love him":

As far as cities, I lived in Beantown for a little while, love the city. NY is a nice city as well, but it is a little too big.

It's amazing how many stupid posts you have made since joining talksox. Do you STILL think that the Yankees rotation will be more consistant than Bostons'? You even said two days ago that Randy Johnson is better than Schilling. How is that holding up? And what the fuck is this... a thread titled "who likes the Sox?" and you respond with "boys have a penis, girls have a vagina"? Prepare to make another thread entitled, "I'll eat crow", Rivernator. You are the stupidest peice of shit I have seen since joining this board. And there have been some dumb people.

god is a redsox FAN!
04-18-2006, 04:12 PM
Now wait a minute, i say reckon too. Don't start dissing on reckon

yankeessuck013
04-18-2006, 05:19 PM
Now, now. Jersey's where it's at biatches. :thumbsup:

ahhh New Jersey- "the armpit of america"

(gotta look at the state closely)

26 to 6
04-18-2006, 05:31 PM
P.S. Tell Rivera that the goal is to get the hitters out. You may want to remind him as well that a 5.40 ERA is not good.
While I am telling him that, I think I will remind you that it is fucking APRIL 18th and you fuck-faces need to get over your Mid-April division lead. This is a long season with 162 games to be played. This isnt football with 16, this isnt basketball with 82, this is America's past time where we play 162 long games.

Not with starting pitching, middle-relief or closing games
Our middle relief has been pretty good this year, and despite ONE bad game, Mariano Rivera is still 3285738576384599375838547384 times the pitcher that Jonny Papelbon or Keith Foulke-you is.

yankeessuck013
04-18-2006, 05:32 PM
someone's angry.

26 to 6
04-18-2006, 05:40 PM
As I recall, in those five years we were in two World Series and even pushed one to a game 7, and not to mention the fact that we were in the playoffs every year. In In 86 years of waiting you guys won two more pennants than we did in our 5 years of waiting, and the fact that we've had 14 A.L. teams to possibly win a pennant in our five years is saying something, considering most of your 86 there were a limited number of teams. So with more competition and a fraction of the time, we have managed to be just a LITTLE less successful than you guys in 86 years. Trust me, although it sucks not having won a championship since 2000 (considering we came so close a few times), it's not as bad as you guys think. Sure, for a week or two after we get eliminated I go into "Steinbrenner Mode" and throw shit and curse the Yankees relentlessly, but after that time expires i'm lookig forward to the following year, while you guys were singing "wait 'til next yeeah".

And SFIT has already explained that 5 years without a title is pathetic when you're dominating the league in payroll.
Luckily for us, we have you guys right behind us to remind us of that. Hey pass the message down to the 28 teams you're sitting in front of, will ya?

26 to 6
04-18-2006, 05:48 PM

Luis Gonzalez KILLED me. A tear still falls from my eye whenever I see that hit. I hate him forever. He better not let me run into him on the street otherwise i'll make sure he never plays baseball again!!! :angry:

Not me. 2001 hurt way more. 2003 wasnt so bad for me, I was still riding the high of the ALCS and the satisfaction that we put Red Sox Nation into a depression.

You should know what it's like to watch your beloved team like Sox fans have pre-2004
I watched the Yankees in the early 90's. It sucks, I know. Thankfully I wasnt around in the 80's.

and the Marlins were just a better team.
No way, we were a MUCH better team that year. The Marlins just played better baseball for that 10 day period or whatever it was. Its like the arguement about Russia/U.S. Hockey in 1980. Russia was superior, but we played better and won. But there is no denying that Russia was the better team.

26 to 6
04-18-2006, 05:57 PM
Excuses, excuses. In 2001 you were OUTCLASSED. PERIOD. The only reason you had a fighting chance was because BK Kim sucked worse than Foulke did last year. If it wasn't for him, you guys might have been swept 4-0, at the toilet, in front of all your fans.
Like you guys were last year, right?

We have the better team.
Yeah, you're team is better on APRIL 18th.

And, while the Sox may be second highest at $124M, the Yankees are light years ahead of them at $192M. The difference between the two is almost the league average payroll. That is substantial.
So that makes it okay for you guys? When we play teams like the Devil Rays its a huge unfair advantage (which I admit), but isnt that the case when you guys play them as well? You guys need to stop playing the payroll card, because you're guilty as well. You have 28 teams in your rear-view mirror.

..also Congratulations.

I rooted for guys like Steve Balboni, the Perez brothers, Steve "I can't make a throw" Sax, Andy Stankiewicz, Luis Polonia, Matt Nokes being our lone All Star rep, etc.
..ahh, those guys were great, huh? Stankiewicz is the man! Balboni rules too. Only one I dont really like is Luis "I fuck little girls" Polonia. Keep your daughetsr and sisters away from this guy, everybody.

26 to 6
04-18-2006, 06:01 PM
TheRivernator: Say all the shit you want. The fact is, my team ISN'T playing .500 baseball. The fact is, our closer has an ERA that is 5.40 less than yours. The fact is, the Boston Red Sox aren't full of steroid-popping wimps.
How about your Astros. And yes, one of your longtime, franchise players is guilty of using steroids. I wont say names, but I know for certain from somebody who has witnessed it. So dont be throwing the steroid stuff at us.

Hey it's really not that bad, at least not where I live. Stupid stereotypes. It's pretty, nice houses, good schools and 20 minutes outside NYC what more could you ask for? Alright now I'm sounding like a commercial...
Nah, North Jersey isnt that bad. South Jersey on the other hand, woah!! You'll never see me down there unless im in Atlantic City or at a Trenton Thuinder game.

See Red
04-18-2006, 06:09 PM
So that makes it okay for you guys? When we play teams like the Devil Rays its a huge unfair advantage (which I admit), but isnt that the case when you guys play them as well? You guys need to stop playing the payroll card, because you're guilty as well. You have 28 teams in your rear-view mirror.

Yeah, but you guys playing ANY team is a huge advantage, not just the D-Rays. Hell, you playing US is a huge payroll advantage.

See Red
04-18-2006, 06:12 PM
How about your Astros. And yes, one of your longtime, franchise players is guilty of using steroids. I wont say names, but I know for certain from somebody who has witnessed it. So dont be throwing the steroid stuff at us.

If it's the truth, what's the point in not saying names? And who, exactly, is your source?

Besides, I can make accusations like that too.

KeepTheFaith1229
04-18-2006, 06:15 PM
Way'da quadruple post.

SFIT's tactic is working...

yankeessuck013
04-18-2006, 06:30 PM
Luckily for us, we have you guys right behind us to remind us of that. Hey pass the message down to the 28 teams you're sitting in front of, will ya?

i hate when yankee fans say this beacuse it is like a $100 million difference.

yankeessuck013
04-18-2006, 06:30 PM
Wow, I love how yankee fans are getting so worked up over this.....ON THE INTERNET.

Optimist
04-18-2006, 06:37 PM
Wow, I love how yankee fans are getting so worked up over this.....ON THE INTERNET.

If a Yankee fan was saying this, you guys would be doing the same. Don't waste anyone's time denying it.

yankeessuck013
04-18-2006, 06:43 PM
cry about it, optimist.

Optimist
04-18-2006, 06:44 PM
Well, that was certainly pointless.

CrespoBlows
04-18-2006, 06:45 PM
He's not that bright.

See Red
04-18-2006, 07:06 PM
If a Yankee fan was saying this, you guys would be doing the same. Don't waste anyone's time denying it.

You are on a fucking Red Sox message board. Understand this.

Optimist
04-18-2006, 07:21 PM
You are on a fucking Red Sox message board. Understand this.

That's sort of irrelevant to what the exchange was actually about. He complained about Yankee fans defending their team, I pointed out the obvious and said Sox fans would do the same.

KeepTheFaith1229
04-18-2006, 07:34 PM
Well, it's pretty obvious that Sox fan in tex is just fucking with you guys.

26 to 6
04-18-2006, 07:45 PM
Yeah, but you guys playing ANY team is a huge advantage, not just the D-Rays. Hell, you playing US is a huge payroll advantage.
You didnt answer my question, does it make it ok for you guys to play the Devil Rays with the advantage? I mean, yeah, when we play anybody its a financial advantage, but when you guys play any of the 28 other teams besides the Yankees, its a huge advantage for you guys. The way you guys act is comparable to a upper-middle class citizen attempting to file for welfare or something because you dont owna yacht or have a place in the Hamptons or something. Its ridiculous.

If it's the truth, what's the point in not saying names? And who, exactly, is your source?
Becaude I swore not to say anything. The source is a former Astros player who is now in the Padres organization. Saying nothing more. Although with the size of the guilty, you would never guess that he was juicing. These were back in the Camminitti (sp, i know I fucked up somewhere in there) days. Dont know if he did it after Ken left the team.

i hate when yankee fans say this beacuse it is like a $100 million difference.
Not exactly.

26 to 6
04-18-2006, 07:48 PM
Well, it's pretty obvious that Sox fan in tex is just fucking with you guys.
So we should turn the other cheek?

Boston Sucks, Boston Sucks, Boston Sucks. 26 to 6, 26 to 6, 26 to 6. A-Rod=MVP, A-Rod=MVP, A-Rod=MVP. Boston Sucks. 2005, 2004, 2003, 2002, 2001, 2000, 1999,1998, 1996 AL East Champions. 2003 AL Champions. Babe, Bucky, Buckner, Boone. Wade Boggs got his ring in New York! Roger Clemens got his ring in New York!

..it's ok guys, i'm just fucking with ya, no need to get worked uyp or defend your team, it would be ridiculous.

yankeessuck013
04-18-2006, 07:51 PM
why do you have 2005 in there?

did you win the pennant, cuz I KNOW you didnt win the world series?

N.Y. Yankees- $198,662,180

Boston-120,100,524

thats a huge difference between #1 and #2

RedRuffing15
04-18-2006, 07:55 PM
did you win the pennant, cuz I KNOW you didn twin the world series?

Wow...How'd you find that out

26 to 6
04-18-2006, 07:56 PM
why do you have 2005 in there?

did you win the pennant, cuz I KNOW you didnt win the world series?

N.Y. Yankees- $198,662,180

Boston-120,100,524

thats a huge difference between #1 and #2
umm..it says 2005 AL East champions. Thats why I have it in there.

yankeessuck013
04-18-2006, 07:57 PM
Wow...How'd you find that out

I have a "source."

Youk Of The Nation
04-18-2006, 10:42 PM
Hey....today is the anniversary of Yankee Stadium's opening.

See Red
04-18-2006, 10:45 PM
You didnt answer my question, does it make it ok for you guys to play the Devil Rays with the advantage? I mean, yeah, when we play anybody its a financial advantage, but when you guys play any of the 28 other teams besides the Yankees, its a huge advantage for you guys. The way you guys act is comparable to a upper-middle class citizen attempting to file for welfare or something because you dont owna yacht or have a place in the Hamptons or something. Its ridiculous.

The Tampa Bay Devil Rays have the largest operating income in the league. So no, it's not unfair because the Devil Rays aren't putting money back into their team, which would increase interest and in theory, give them more money to spend.

At the end of 2005, the Yankees payroll was $207 million -- the Red Sox was $116 million. That's a $91 million dollar difference.

redsoxrules
04-18-2006, 11:59 PM

Boston Sucks, Boston Sucks, Boston Sucks. 26 to 6, 26 to 6, 26 to 6. A-Rod=MVP, A-Rod=MVP, A-Rod=MVP. Boston Sucks. 2005, 2004, 2003, 2002, 2001, 2000, 1999,1998, 1996 AL East Champions. 2003 AL Champions. Babe, Bucky, Buckner, Boone. Wade Boggs got his ring in New York! Roger Clemens got his ring in New York!

..it's ok guys, i'm just fucking with ya, no need to get worked uyp or defend your team, it would be ridiculous.

may i remind you your in a red sox forum . so yeah turn the other cheek:D

Sox fan in Tex
04-19-2006, 01:07 AM
Oh look what I got started! Great job tonight, Johnson. Another BRILLIANT outing by Chacon, as well. :lol:

Face it Yankee fans: Randy Johnson is done.

http://www.gothamist.com/images/2005_01_sunit.jpg

Manny Goes Boom
04-19-2006, 01:22 AM

You go ahead and have fun in the past...I'll se ya in 2086. ;)

He Hate Me
04-19-2006, 08:29 AM
The Tampa Bay Devil Rays have the largest operating income in the league. So no, it's not unfair because the Devil Rays aren't putting money back into their team, which would increase interest and in theory, give them more money to spend.

Please tell me where you got this from.

mtbykr
04-19-2006, 09:55 AM
hahaaahhahahaahhaahahahhahhahahahahahhahahahaahahh a

You are fucking retarded. No seriously, retarded.

Isn't this what we call irony---look at your sig:

http://ruiningbaseballsince1923.blogspot.com
Proud Member of the Greatest Rivalry in Sports
9-11-01 FDNYPD We will not forget.
Just because it's a rivalry doesn't mean you need to make retarded arguments

26 to 6
04-19-2006, 10:02 AM

At the end of 2005, the Yankees payroll was $207 million -- the Red Sox was $116 million. That's a $91 million dollar difference.
I wasnt trying to get all technical and whatnot, just throwing a small-budget team out there. Would you be happier if I replaced "Tampa Bay Devil Rays" with "Kansas City Royals"?

may i remind you your in a red sox forum . so yeah turn the other cheek :D
No thanks.

See Red
04-19-2006, 11:42 AM
Please tell me where you got this from.

Forbes, though I was incorrect, the Baltimore Orioles have the largest operating income -- the Devil Rays were second last season at $27.2 million. Still, though -- that could do wonders for a baseball team, in terms of both what they accomplish on the field and fan interest, if that was put towards the player payroll.

Forbes MLB Team Valuations (http://www.forbes.com/lists/results.jhtml?passListId=33&passYear=2005&passListType=Misc&searchParameter1=unset&searchParameter2=unset&resultsStart=1&resultsHowMany=30&resultsSortProperties=-numberfield6%2C%2Bnumberfield1&resultsSortCategoryName=Revenues&category1=category&category2=category&passKeyword=)

I wasnt trying to get all technical and whatnot, just throwing a small-budget team out there. Would you be happier if I replaced "Tampa Bay Devil Rays" with "Kansas City Royals"?

Fair enough. But our difference over the Kansas City Royals is just over $70 million. Your difference over us is $80 million. That's over $150 million over the Royals for you.

The Red Sox aren't even in the same league as the Yankees in terms of payroll -- don't act as if they are.

RedRuffing15
04-19-2006, 12:00 PM
The Red Sox aren't even in the same league as the Yankees in terms of payroll -- don't act as if they are.
But they are in the same in terms of AL and NL....:D

mtbykr
04-19-2006, 01:00 PM

Hi, I would like to introduce myself: I am MTBYKR and apparently not a fan of baseball becuase i don't appreciate the yanks franchise:rolleyes:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the typical yanks response: if you don't like us and respect us then your not a real fan!:rolleyes:

RedRuffing15
04-19-2006, 01:13 PM
I'm sorry, but in some cases, I think that connot be true, I don't really think you could watch a movie like say *61, and respect what Maris had to go through...and if that happens, then you appreciate the Yankee franchise.

Everyone respects everyone elses frachise in some form, me I loved the Sox of the Red Ruffing days, #4 on my favorate players ever list is Tris Speaker...so everyone respects everyone elses franchise somehow

TheRivernator
04-19-2006, 05:29 PM
Oh look what I got started! Great job tonight, Johnson. Another BRILLIANT outing by Chacon, as well. :lol:

Face it Yankee fans: Randy Johnson is done.

http://www.gothamist.com/images/2005_01_sunit.jpg

Once again the fucking retards in texas cannot be counted on for much. I know the schooling down there is horrible and hence the people down there are fucking idiots, but do you still need to spew your idiocy all over us. I seriously think we get dumber each time we read your posts. Good thing I have a strong intellectual reserve, some aren't so lucky. Please, leave before you "Texas-ize" the whole forum and make us all dumb as a terd....

BTW, I am not surprised you think Randy is done. You're the same people who housed David Koresh and your cows outnumber your population. Then again, it is hard to tell the two apart...

empirestrikesback26
04-19-2006, 07:39 PM
Cool.

schillingouttheks
04-19-2006, 08:21 PM
Once again the fucking retards in texas cannot be counted on for much. I know the schooling down there is horrible and hence the people down there are fucking idiots, but do you still need to spew your idiocy all over us. I seriously think we get dumber each time we read your posts. Good thing I have a strong intellectual reserve, some aren't so lucky. Please, leave before you "Texas-ize" the whole forum and make us all dumb as a terd....

BTW, I am not surprised you think Randy is done. You're the same people who housed David Koresh and your cows outnumber your population. Then again, it is hard to tell the two apart...
:lol: You don't know anything about SFIT or how he acts or why he starts all this useless shit. To piss you off! And it's working. And he will continue to post this nonsense (he knows it's nonsense, he just loves watching you get pissed) as long as you keep shitting your pants over this. It's hilarious by the way. Keep on doing it!

Youk Of The Nation
04-19-2006, 08:32 PM
This just in: It is apparently possible to judge every last one of a states 10 million residents based on the actions of one on a message board.

RedRuffing15
04-19-2006, 09:22 PM
This just in: It is apparently possible to judge every last one of a states 10 million residents based on the actions of one on a message board.
na...thats been in for a while nowB)

ahhchon
04-19-2006, 09:26 PM
lets not jump on the rivera finally sucks bandwagon and bash him.. that'll come back to haunt us. he's the best reliever in the game and will end up with a 2 somthing era with almost 9 k/9. remember last year when he started out awful? he only ended up with a SUB 1.5 era.

john

kreinbihl34
04-19-2006, 09:42 PM
No one don't understand, when you put on the pinstripes you become one of the most horrible creatures on the face of the earth. Everyone who has wore them is horrible, stupid, and a dumbass. Please see picture above

KeepTheFaith1229
04-19-2006, 09:52 PM
There are exceptions though. I like Jon Olerud, even before he played for Boston.

RedRuffing15
04-19-2006, 10:08 PM
No one don't understand, when you put on the pinstripes you become one of the most horrible creatures on the face of the earth. Everyone who has wore them is horrible, stupid, and a dumbass. Please see picture above
Wow...at least Tex' Stupid posts were stupid...that post just doesn't have a word to descripe it....I'd normally ask for an example to shame you wrong, but I just cannot think that that statement was anymore than your dislike for the Yankees forcing you to say something so idiosyncric that it doesn't even make sence.

RedRuffing15
04-19-2006, 10:08 PM
There are exceptions though. I like Jon Olerud, even before he played for Boston.
And probably Sheffield, right?:thumbsup:

Optimist
04-19-2006, 10:10 PM
Hi, I would like to introduce myself: I am MTBYKR and apparently not a fan of baseball becuase i don't appreciate the yanks franchise:rolleyes:

Ummm...

http://www.jamescampion.com/mickey.jpghttp://members.socket.net/~wkkdl/ford_whitey_1.jpg
http://alsnetwork.com/images/als86_Lou-Gehrig.jpghttp://espn-att.starwave.com/media/photo/1999/march/08/a_dimaggio.jpg

Not to mention the 26 World Championships...

How can you not appreciate that? If you can honestly say you don't, you're not a baseball fan...you're a fan of your team. I mean, it's fine...just don't claim to be a fan of the game.

Optimist
04-19-2006, 10:12 PM

Heh...it would appear that you're the 'special' one...

RedRuffing15
04-19-2006, 10:17 PM
Ummm...

http://www.jamescampion.com/mickey.jpghttp://members.socket.net/~wkkdl/ford_whitey_1.jpg
http://alsnetwork.com/images/als86_Lou-Gehrig.jpghttp://espn-att.starwave.com/media/photo/1999/march/08/a_dimaggio.jpg

Not to mention the 26 World Championships...

How can you not appreciate that? If you can honestly say you don't, you're not a baseball fan...you're a fan of your team. I mean, it's fine...just don't claim to be a fan of the game.
cough...http://www.baseballhalloffame.org/hofers_and_honorees/hofer_bios/images/Ruffing_Red_3.jpg...cough

Sox fan in Tex
04-19-2006, 10:33 PM
*YAWNS* Congrats, Yankees. Many teams have great players of the past. We don't really need pictures, however. *YAWNS*

RedRuffing15
04-19-2006, 10:37 PM
Hey, the Sox have some, too....you don't gotta feel bad B) (though they did lose out on Red Ruffing)

I'm just kidding with ya

Optimist
04-19-2006, 10:37 PM
*YAWNS* Congrats, Yankees. Many teams have great players of the past. We don't really need pictures, however. *YAWNS*

Graphics help the slower ones.

KeepTheFaith1229
04-19-2006, 10:49 PM
BURN! :rolleyes:

Optimist
04-19-2006, 11:06 PM
Graphics help the slower ones.

...and I'm sure if I just said a name like "Whitey Ford," at least one person would ask me why I'm bringing up car makers in a baseball discussion.

Optimist
04-19-2006, 11:07 PM
BURN! :rolleyes:

Wasn't really intended to be a burn, but the sarcasm is appreciated.

26 to 6
04-19-2006, 11:20 PM

Yes they damn well are. You guys are NUMBER 2 in the league and have the capabilities of going out and outspending anybody. Please, dont act as if you guys are poverty-stricken pity-cases.

26 to 6
04-19-2006, 11:23 PM
cough...http://www.baseballhalloffame.org/hofers_and_honorees/hofer_bios/images/Ruffing_Red_3.jpg...cough
you really have a hard on for Red Ruffing, huh? Like a big long one that you would find Tarzan swinging from or something? Do you have a Ruffing poster above your bed that you can look up to and beatoff to in the mornings? You didnt happen to devalue one of your 203920049394 Red Ruffing cards by getting a little spot of jizz on it, did ya?

haha, i'm just messin with ya man. I've just never seen somebody love one player so much.

HeadOfSoxNation
04-19-2006, 11:25 PM

Damn...I gotta say, I don't neccessarily agree with all of that...but I gotta give you credit, that shit was fuuuuuuuuunny.

RedRuffing15
04-19-2006, 11:32 PM
you really have a hard on for Red Ruffing, huh? Like a big long one that you would find Tarzan swinging from or something? Do you have a Ruffing poster above your bed that you can look up to and beatoff to in the mornings? You didnt happen to devalue one of your 203920049394 Red Ruffing cards by getting a little spot of jizz on it, did ya?

haha, i'm just messin with ya man. I've just never seen somebody love one player so much.
lol, well I don't do all that, but I did go to the HOF this weekend, and aside from the 350 Sox fans that were there, I got to go into the HOFs archives, and they let me look at all of Red Ruffings old pictures and and things like that, and the lady said I was the first person in a good 10 years to want to look at his stuff, and the last person to was his children(or something like that, I was too excited to pay attention)...and then I made copies of about 35 of the pictures they had of him......And next time I got(around induction time), I'm going to ask someone if theres anyway they can open up one of the showcases and let me take a picture of me holding his cleats, and one of me holding his bronzed glove they have on display...I doubt they will, but its worth a try.

And on that note, I just got a 1967 HOF induction bat with his facesmile auto on it(Click to see (http://anniedog.homestead.com/1967.JPG)....as well as a WWII Ruptured Duck pin given to soldiers who were honorable discharged from the service....and I got a few more things coming in....

Yea, I'm getting up there, soon I'll be taking a trip to the Red Ruffing museum in Ill....and will prolly stop by his grave while I'm there,....

kreinbihl34
04-20-2006, 12:03 AM
Heh...it would appear that you're the 'special' one...

No see I'm not the dumbass rooting for a team lead by an old asshole who buys everyone who has either used steroids or is in decline of their career.

Edit: Also don't ever compare me to a Yankee fan I might have to go kill myself.

RedRuffing15
04-20-2006, 12:27 AM
No see I'm not the dumbass rooting for a team lead by an old asshole who buys everyone who has either used steroids or is in decline of their career.

Edit: Also don't ever compare me to a Yankee fan I might have to go kill myself.
No, but you are the dumbass who obviosuly doesn't know anything about what that old asshole has done for this frachise...oh thats right, make it a winning one. Then again, that must be why you don't like him there Optimist-alike....whoops, did I just compair you to a Yankees fan, well, at least I did one good thing for the world before I go to sleep...

Manny Goes Boom
04-20-2006, 01:51 AM

Easily...when its your rival, and when you CONSTANTLY hear about it.

Oh and that's only one persons opinion (but I can only imagine that every other Yankee fan on here feels the same way).

But tell me this...why should we, as Sox fans even give a damn to appreciate anything at all about the Yankees? Because I sure as hell don't. And also...how can you be a fan of a team but NOT a fan of baseball, when that team PLAYS baseball...doesn't make sense.

redsoxrules
04-20-2006, 04:40 AM

so does that mean you appreciated when the sox came back from 0-3 down to beat you guys? i mean its never happened in the game of baseball., it was a huge story for baseball and dont tell me if they had a special on it this week you would watch it.you would probably try anything to avoid it on tv. so i guess your just a fan of your team as well eh?

TheRivernator
04-20-2006, 04:41 AM

is it state sanctioned nap time for the dixie queers?

ahhchon
04-20-2006, 09:37 AM
i sure to god hope no one here is dissing the likes of dimmagio, mantle, berra, louie g, etc.. some of the greatest players to have ever graced the earth are yankees. i personally don't care if they were communist, they were damn good players and any baseball fan knows that. those guys are legends, yankees or not, they should be appreciated.

the yankee red sox rivalry has really been blown out of proportion these past couple years.. not that i mind :-D

john

mtbykr
04-20-2006, 11:09 AM

Another stellar argument:rolleyes:

kreinbihl34
04-20-2006, 11:11 AM
No, but you are the dumbass who obviosuly doesn't know anything about what that old asshole has done for this frachise...oh thats right, make it a winning one. Then again, that must be why you don't like him there Optimist-alike....whoops, did I just compair you to a Yankees fan, well, at least I did one good thing for the world before I go to sleep...

Hell give me 200 million and I can make the Royals a winning frachise.

mtbykr
04-20-2006, 11:25 AM
i sure to god hope no one here is dissing the likes of dimmagio, mantle, berra, louie g, etc.. some of the greatest players to have ever graced the earth are yankees. i personally don't care if they were communist, they were damn good players and any baseball fan knows that. those guys are legends, yankees or not, they should be appreciated.

the yankee red sox rivalry has really been blown out of proportion these past couple years.. not that i mind :-D

john

Ok, let's clarify!!! I can respect some yankees and what they have done on the baseball field---but that DOES NOT mean that I appreciate the yankee franchise. I thought i would make it a little easier for the yank fans on here so i went to the websters dictionary:

appreciate

-to grasp the nature, worth, quality, or significance of --Negative Ghostrider
-to recognize with gratitude --Negative Ghostrider

People need to be able to tell the difference between respect and appreciation. So for the Yank fans on here to tell us that we are not fans of baseball becuase we don't appreciate the yanks franchise---well that's probably the most worthless argument that i have heard yet! Although i am not surprised!

Youk Of The Nation
04-20-2006, 12:22 PM
If you dont appreciate the Kansas City Royals franchise, you have no right to call yourself a baseball fan.

Soxfan#1
04-20-2006, 01:51 PM
Wow. I am not wasting my time reading this crap. Anyone want to summarize who hates who now?

RedRuffing15
04-20-2006, 03:48 PM
Ok, then the Royals would be a winning franchise, and every other teams fanbase in the league would hate them...sounds about right

26 to 6
04-20-2006, 03:54 PM
lol, well I don't do all that, but I did go to the HOF this weekend, and aside from the 350 Sox fans that were there, I got to go into the HOFs archives, and they let me look at all of Red Ruffings old pictures and and things like that, and the lady said I was the first person in a good 10 years to want to look at his stuff, and the last person to was his children(or something like that, I was too excited to pay attention)...and then I made copies of about 35 of the pictures they had of him......And next time I got(around induction time), I'm going to ask someone if theres anyway they can open up one of the showcases and let me take a picture of me holding his cleats, and one of me holding his bronzed glove they have on display...I doubt they will, but its worth a try.

And on that note, I just got a 1967 HOF induction bat with his facesmile auto on it(Click to see (http://anniedog.homestead.com/1967.JPG)....as well as a WWII Ruptured Duck pin given to soldiers who were honorable discharged from the service....and I got a few more things coming in....

Yea, I'm getting up there, soon I'll be taking a trip to the Red Ruffing museum in Ill....and will prolly stop by his grave while I'm there,....
Wow. They REALLY let you in the archives? Thats amazing.

I'm surprised you havent been to his grave-site yet :lol:

..I mean, i've been to Babe Ruth and Billy Martin's, but theyre like 100 feet away from each other in a cemetary in Westchester.

26 to 6
04-20-2006, 03:57 PM
Easily...when its your rival, and when you CONSTANTLY hear about it.

Oh and that's only one persons opinion (but I can only imagine that every other Yankee fan on here feels the same way).

But tell me this...why should we, as Sox fans even give a damn to appreciate anything at all about the Yankees? Because I sure as hell don't. And also...how can you be a fan of a team but NOT a fan of baseball, when that team PLAYS baseball...doesn't make sense.
The Sox and their fans definately have some sort of respect for the Yankees (misguided or not), because all they do is talk about them and focus on them, trying to live up to them or something. IDK, just my .02

so does that mean you appreciated when the sox came back from 0-3 down to beat you guys? i mean its never happened in the game of baseball., it was a huge story for baseball and dont tell me if they had a special on it this week you would watch it.you would probably try anything to avoid it on tv. so i guess your just a fan of your team as well eh?
I certainly appreciated it. The fact that it had been done. I mean, I wasnt pulling for the mt odo it, and I certainly wasnt happy about it, but I appreciated it just like I appreciated the Diamondbacks winning the World Series, McGwire breaking the HR record (I appreciated it back then, not so much now), Bonds breaking the record (see McGwire), Ripken breaking Gehrig's streak, Randy Johnson's perfect game, etc.

26 to 6
04-20-2006, 04:02 PM

john
yeah, since 03 it's gotten NUTS. It slowly started to escalate in '01-'02 but really became what it is toxay in 2003. Crazy. I remember back in like the 90's where we still considered each other bitter rivals, but didnt pay it nearly as much attention as today. Crazy.

Were the '23, '56, ' 77, '96, and '98 Yankees $200 Million dollar teams?

Back when you guys were winning your championships in the Nine-teens, you were considered the big spenders of the league, much like the Yankees today. Should we rip on you guys and say you bought your 6 championships?

He Hate Me
04-20-2006, 04:19 PM
That has got to be the gayest avatar I have ever seen

See Red
04-20-2006, 04:25 PM

My thoughts exactly.

Sox fan in Tex
04-20-2006, 04:29 PM

And ONCE AGAIN, you rely on the Texas argument because your team is playing shitty baseball. I thought we settled this when I told you that you have family from Jersey, and therefore you have no room to talk. What is it like being behind Baltimore in the standings and tied with Toronto, by the way? I keep provoking you and you keep taking the bait and coming back with HORRIBLE remarks. If making fun of the state of Texas makes you feel better that Papelbon is better than Rivera, and our team is better than yours, then it is fine with me. The end of September will come around and you will still be making jokes about a state that has so much more to offer than the one you live in currently. While my team will still be ahead of yours. I'm perfectly fine with that exchange.

P.S. Why don't you come visit Texas and I will show you around. I'll show you what a real spring break is like (South Padre Island), a real baseball team looks like (Houston Astros) and everything else that isn't offered in Connecticut -- the best Mexican food, the best steak places (although I don't eat meat) and many more.

EDIT: I don't need responses from you guys in Connecticut telling me about what a nice place it is. I am sure it is a very good place to live.

Youk Of The Nation
04-20-2006, 04:33 PM
Wait, Rivernator is from Connecticut? Ugh.

Sox fan in Tex
04-20-2006, 04:39 PM
Yeah, Youk, I believe so. I am sorry his gives you guys a bad rap. Then again, I am sure most Yankee fans living in the state do the same thing.

Youk Of The Nation
04-20-2006, 04:40 PM
Yeah, Youk, I believe so. I am sorry his gives you guys a bad rap. Then again, I am sure most Yankee fans living in the state do the same thing.

You bet. Almost all the Yankees fans here are in the Central part of the state, where I live.

:(

See Red
04-20-2006, 04:49 PM
You bet. Almost all the Yankees fans here are in the Central part of the state, where I live.

:(

I have to deal with them a lot whenever I go back to Connecticut on vacation (I'm from Bridgeport).

Youk Of The Nation
04-20-2006, 04:52 PM
I have to deal with them a lot whenever I go back to Connecticut on vacation (I'm from Bridgeport).

Ive been to Bridgeport twice. Once I was mugged.

See Red
04-20-2006, 04:53 PM

Doesn't suprise me at all. :lol:

Youk Of The Nation
04-20-2006, 04:54 PM
Doesn't suprise me at all. :lol:

I think I look muggable. Ive been mugged a grand total of eight times.

RedRuffing15
04-20-2006, 05:31 PM
Wow..that sucks, do u carry a knife with you or something?

Youk Of The Nation
04-20-2006, 05:36 PM
Wow..that sucks, do u carry a knife with you or something?

No, mostly because with my luck Id somehow stab myself.

redoctober
04-20-2006, 05:40 PM
No, mostly because with my luck Id somehow stab myself.

I'll be your personal bodyguard.

TheRivernator
04-20-2006, 06:09 PM
And ONCE AGAIN, you rely on the Texas argument because your team is playing shitty baseball. I thought we settled this when I told you that you have family from Jersey, and therefore you have no room to talk. What is it like being behind Baltimore in the standings and tied with Toronto, by the way? I keep provoking you and you keep taking the bait and coming back with HORRIBLE remarks. If making fun of the state of Texas makes you feel better that Papelbon is better than Rivera, and our team is better than yours, then it is fine with me. The end of September will come around and you will still be making jokes about a state that has so much more to offer than the one you live in currently. While my team will still be ahead of yours. I'm perfectly fine with that exchange.

P.S. Why don't you come visit Texas and I will show you around. I'll show you what a real spring break is like (South Padre Island), a real baseball team looks like (Houston Astros) and everything else that isn't offered in Connecticut -- the best Mexican food, the best steak places (although I don't eat meat) and many more.

EDIT: I don't need responses from you guys in Connecticut telling me about what a nice place it is. I am sure it is a very good place to live.

Okay, I am saying that your idiocy is behind the fact that you are blinded by the pathetic and stupid ideal that 14 games determines how a season will go. I am not worried about my team, 2 yrs in a row we started slow and both of those yrs we won the east, I am not worried. But, leave it to the texas folk to be premature.....again. You do know that the season is 162 games long and not 14, right? I know that is a big number and you likely cannot count that high, but it is in fact 162 games. 14 games is meaningless and wont shape my demeanor.....

TheRivernator
04-20-2006, 06:10 PM

Bridgeport is the sewer of CT. I've been there a few times, and I would definitely feel fine about never returning there....

schillingouttheks
04-20-2006, 06:54 PM
Okay, I am saying that your idiocy is behind the fact that you are blinded by the pathetic and stupid ideal that 14 games determines how a season will go. I am not worried about my team, 2 yrs in a row we started slow and both of those yrs we won the east, I am not worried. But, leave it to the texas folk to be premature.....again. You do know that the season is 162 games long and not 14, right? I know that is a big number and you likely cannot count that high, but it is in fact 162 games. 14 games is meaningless and wont shape my demeanor.....
14 games in meaningless? Just ask the Red Sox. If Foulke doesn't have something to do with one of the 10 early games he probably fucked up for us last year, we win the East.

redsoxrules
04-20-2006, 06:58 PM
exactly every game counts weather its the first game of the year or last

Youk Of The Nation
04-20-2006, 07:31 PM
EDIT: Wrong thread...heh...

26 to 6
04-20-2006, 09:20 PM
It made me laugh.

redoctober
04-20-2006, 09:30 PM
It made me laugh.

You know, that 26 to 6 thing is kind of stretching it. Yes, I can acknowledge the fact that the Yankees are the team with the most championships, but ever since it's come into play since the "1918!" chant went obsolete it's become rather tedious. So until the Red Sox win 20 more world championships this will always be the end-all of any debate? That seems rather fascist.

schillingouttheks
04-20-2006, 09:33 PM
Yeah, we've been over this 26 to 6 thing with him many times. If they end up saying 26 to 7 though, then it will need to stop. Considering we're not supposed to win another world series until 2090 ;)

redoctober
04-20-2006, 09:36 PM
Yeah, we've been over this 26 to 6 thing with him many times. If they end up saying 26 to 7 though, then it will need to stop. Considering we're not supposed to win another world series until 2090 ;)

Trust me, knowing Yankee fans even if the Red Sox prove them stupid again by winning it all again this year they'll find something "refreshing" to say or who knows, maybe they'll just stick to the whole 26 to 7 argument. Don't get me wrong, I love looking at and embracing history, but at the same time it doesn't cloud my present.

Yankee fans are kind of like conservatives and Sox fans are kind of like centrists. We want to preserve our history by remaining in Fenway, but at the same time are embracing the winning tradition thats slowly brewing under current ownership.

Sox fan in Tex
04-20-2006, 10:32 PM
But, leave it to the texas folk to be premature.....again. You do know that the season is 162 games long and not 14, right? I know that is a big number and you likely cannot count that high, but it is in fact 162 games. 14 games is meaningless and wont shape my demeanor.....

Yes, TheRivernator, here in Texas, the public education is horrible. I can't count, much less access the World Wide Web. It is impossible to learn in a 100 degree trailer with cows 'mooing' non-stop as they pass by and cowboy boots giving my feet blisters throughout the day. Life on my Texas ranch is horrible. I don't know what I am talking about with the Red Sox because I only see about half the Boston games -- I have to get my intena lined up directly with Fenway Park to get good feed from NESN. 14 is close to 162, right? Just a few games less. :lol:

26 to 6
04-21-2006, 03:01 AM
You know, that 26 to 6 thing is kind of stretching it. Yes, I can acknowledge the fact that the Yankees are the team with the most championships, but ever since it's come into play since the "1918!" chant went obsolete it's become rather tedious. So until the Red Sox win 20 more world championships this will always be the end-all of any debate? That seems rather fascist.
Dude, shut up. I've been an active member here a whole year longer than you (well, 11 months). Dont come in here just starting trouble and whatnot.

He Hate Me
04-21-2006, 08:05 AM
What is it like being behind Baltimore in the standings and tied with Toronto, by the way?

Same problem last year, but it worked out ok for us =)

Papelbon is better than Rivera

I hope you're using this as hyperbole. Papelbon's got great stats, and has looked pretty good the times I've seen him pitch, but I doubt you'll find any hitters in the ML who would rather face Mo than Papelbon.

He Hate Me
04-21-2006, 08:06 AM

There's a spy novel series focusing on this guy named Paul Bannerman and his crew of operatives. They live in COnnecticut and bridgeport is mentioned a few times. Just thought I'd share that with you.

RedRuffing15
04-21-2006, 11:05 AM
Make that 21

redoctober
04-21-2006, 11:07 AM
Dude, shut up. I've been an active member here a whole year longer than you (well, 11 months). Dont come in here just starting trouble and whatnot.

Just because I haven't been posting here doesn't mean I haven't watched the games, and listened to the petty defenses of nostalgic Yankee fans. I'm not here to start trouble, I'm here to talk about the Red Sox, but when I saw your screenname I just couldn't keep my mouth shut anymore. I know it's probably there to get Sox fans all worked up, but I don't get worked up over stupidity.

redoctober
04-21-2006, 11:07 AM
Make that 21

If we're tied at 26, how can Yankee fans use that to their advantage?

RedRuffing15
04-21-2006, 11:20 AM
If we're tied at 26, how can Yankee fans use that to their advantage?
Becuase we got there first....duhB)

redoctober
04-21-2006, 11:22 AM
Becuase we got there first....duhB)

Yeah, but the Yankees would be under one long World Series drought.

redsoxrules
04-21-2006, 11:27 AM

i think you should shut up ,it was a pretty good comment that was pretty accurate ,your the one whos starting trouble. typical yankee fan

redoctober
04-21-2006, 11:30 AM
i think you should shut up ,it was a pretty good comment that was pretty accurate ,your the one whos starting trouble. typical yankee fan

Arguing with a post-1996 Yankee fan is futile, but I appreciate the support. At the beginning of a debate you're arguing with a cool, calm and collective 30 year old Yankee fan, but by the end you're arguing with a 5 year old making funny faces and chanting in high pitched laughter "26 to 6 nah nah nah nah!"

See Red
04-21-2006, 12:28 PM
Bridgeport is the sewer of CT. I've been there a few times, and I would definitely feel fine about never returning there....

Eh, I like it there -- that may be because it's my hometown, though. Every time I go out there, though, it gets to looking better and better. The Harbor Yard area, where the Arena and Stadium that the Sound Tigers and Blue Fish play at are looked very nice.

RedRuffing15
04-21-2006, 12:44 PM
Yeah, but the Yankees would be under one long World Series drought.
lol, I know, I was just joking around

redoctober
04-21-2006, 12:51 PM
lol, I know, I was just joking around

But I also don't like always seeing this typical Yankee fan, because...humor me, what is a typical Yankee fan?

You're a respectable Yankee fan so you wouldn't fall under the typical category. Typical, at least in my opinion, is someone who became a fan in 1996, however doesn't bother to read up and learn the history of their team, other than the fact that the Yankees have won the most championships which is pretty much common knowledge at this point even to the non-baseball fan, doesn't follow the farm system teams, and can only name the superstar players.

Don't cringe forum, but I don't hate EVERY Yankee fan. I only respect the REAL fans who suffered through the losing drought in the 80's and early 90's.

RedRuffing15
04-21-2006, 12:59 PM
Well, I can't say that was me, as I'm only 17, and I watched my first game in 1996, but in the sence of reading up on the team, boy-o, I've done my fair share of that :)

But I always look at the word typical Yankee fan meaning more of a dirty New Yorker instead of a fairweather fan.....so I guess its just a difference of views

redoctober
04-21-2006, 01:03 PM
Well, I can't say that was me, as I'm only 17, and I watched my first game in 1996, but in the sence of reading up on the team, boy-o, I've done my fair share of that :)

But I always look at the word typical Yankee fan meaning more of a dirty New Yorker instead of a fairweather fan.....so I guess its just a difference of views

I live in New York, not the city, but I live in the Albany area, and the fanbases are scattered around. Thank god for MLB.TV though or else I would only be able to watch the Sox games either when they played the Yankees or were telecasted on ESPN.

RedRuffing15
04-21-2006, 01:25 PM
oo, I live in Utica...about 30min from ALbany....and I know about 5 times as many Sox fans as Yankees fans...whihc I think is sad

redoctober
04-21-2006, 01:30 PM
oo, I live in Utica...about 30min from ALbany....and I know about 5 times as many Sox fans as Yankees fans...whihc I think is sad

In Utica? Yeah, that is a bit surprising.

He Hate Me
04-21-2006, 01:52 PM
Arguing with a post-1996 Yankee fan is futile, but I appreciate the support. At the beginning of a debate you're arguing with a cool, calm and collective 30 year old Yankee fan, but by the end you're arguing with a 5 year old making funny faces and chanting in high pitched laughter "26 to 6 nah nah nah nah!"

Most 30 year olds are fans from before 1996. Not many people become diehard fans at age 20. Every fan I know became a fan of their team when they were kids.

26 to 6
04-21-2006, 03:02 PM
Actually I went to my first Yankee game in 1993. So shut the fuck up. Rooting for the Yankees has been in my blood for generations. My uncle has boon rotting for the Yankees since he was a kid in the 60's. My great grandmother rooted for the Yankees of thr 40's and 50's. Since arriving from Naples, rooting for the Yankees has always been a big part of my family.

Thank you, come again.

Don't cringe forum, but I don't hate EVERY Yankee fan. I only respect the REAL fans who suffered through the losing drought in the 80's and early 90's.
You sound like such an idiot. You have standards for Yankee fans to live up to for your respect. Must not respect many Yankee fans living that far upstate where almost everybody is fairweather and has never even seen Yankee Stadium. For the record, due to my age I wasnt able to suffer through the losinjg years of the 80's, but went to Yankee Stadium as a small child, sat on my uncle's lap and developed a love for the team. Go fuck off. I'm the most active and respected Yankee fan on this board. You've been here a day. You have no idea what you're talking about.

oo, I live in Utica
I knew you lived upstate, but didnt know you lived in Utica. Cool. I always wanted to get up there to see the Utica Blue Sox. Too bad Ripken had to buy them and move them out of town.

RedRuffing15
04-21-2006, 03:32 PM
I knew you lived upstate, but didnt know you lived in Utica. Cool. I always wanted to get up there to see the Utica Blue Sox. Too bad Ripken had to buy them and move them out of town.
God, yea....me and my freinds went to literally EVERY game they had, now we got nothing to do in the summers anymore...but I do got every auto of every player who played for them while they were here....Ray Durham was my favorate...I think Larry Walker was best known

26 to 6
04-21-2006, 03:40 PM
Something about a team called the Blue Sox intrigued me. Always wanted to make it up there, never got a chance. Oh well.

Is the ballpark up there still in good shape? If so, i'm sure that you guys will have no problem landing a team in the next few years.

redoctober
04-21-2006, 03:42 PM
Actually I went to my first Yankee game in 1993. So shut the fuck up. Rooting for the Yankees has been in my blood for generations. My uncle has boon rotting for the Yankees since he was a kid in the 60's. My great grandmother rooted for the Yankees of thr 40's and 50's. Since arriving from Naples, rooting for the Yankees has always been a big part of my family.

Thank you, come again.

You sound like such an idiot. You have standards for Yankee fans to live up to for your respect. Must not respect many Yankee fans living that far upstate where almost everybody is fairweather and has never even seen Yankee Stadium. For the record, due to my age I wasnt able to suffer through the losinjg years of the 80's, but went to Yankee Stadium as a small child, sat on my uncle's lap and developed a love for the team. Go fuck off. I'm the most active and respected Yankee fan on this board. You've been here a day. You have no idea what you're talking about.

I'm not damning you for your birthyear. Read my post again, I said people who've been rooting for them since 1996, but don't bother reading up and learning the teams history. So what if I've been here for a day? That doesn't mean I was just born yesterday. I know what I'm talking about, to some extent and if I'm ignorant to something I will, with humility, admit so. I'm sorry for creating an errorneous supposition, but after what I've experienced, how can you not make that supposition after looking at your screenname, and viewing a few of your posts in other threads. Weren't you the same guy who made the claim that if you don't appreciate the Yankee franchise then you're not a fan of baseball? I'm guessing that claim only applies to the Yankees right? Because you can still be a baseball fan and not appreciate the history of the Red Sox franchise, right?

26 to 6
04-21-2006, 03:52 PM
God, yea....me and my freinds went to literally EVERY game they had, now we got nothing to do in the summers anymore...but I do got every auto of every player who played for them while they were here....Ray Durham was my favorate...I think Larry Walker was best known
Every player? Even Miguel Cabrera? cool.

26 to 6
04-21-2006, 03:54 PM
I'm not damning you for your birthyear. Read my post again, I said people who've been rooting for them since 1996, but don't bother reading up and learning the teams history. So what if I've been here for a day? That doesn't mean I was just born yesterday. I know what I'm talking about, to some extent and if I'm ignorant to something I will, with humility, admit so. I'm sorry for creating an errorneous supposition, but after what I've experienced, how can you not make that supposition after looking at your screenname, and viewing a few of your posts in other threads. Weren't you the same guy who made the claim that if you don't appreciate the Yankee franchise then you're not a fan of baseball? I'm guessing that claim only applies to the Yankees right? Because you can still be a baseball fan and not appreciate the history of the Red Sox franchise, right?
Actually I wasnt the one who made that post. And ask every member here their opinion of me, as a board contributor, and 8/10 of them will speak positively of me. I use the name I use sort of as a retaliation method for when I get into the "haha you blew 2004" arguments.

RedRuffing15
04-21-2006, 04:34 PM
Something about a team called the Blue Sox intrigued me. Always wanted to make it up there, never got a chance. Oh well.

Is the ballpark up there still in good shape? If so, i'm sure that you guys will have no problem landing a team in the next few years.
Yea, we had some team trying to get here last year, the Aces...but something was wierd about them, and they just busted out....The field is still in great shape....and my highschool baseball teams uses it as our home field now

TheRivernator
04-21-2006, 05:29 PM
You're a respectable Yankee fan so you wouldn't fall under the typical category. Typical, at least in my opinion, is someone who became a fan in 1996, however doesn't bother to read up and learn the history of their team, other than the fact that the Yankees have won the most championships which is pretty much common knowledge at this point even to the non-baseball fan, doesn't follow the farm system teams, and can only name the superstar players.

I became a yankee fan in 1990, I was 9. The yankees were so bad that I actually asked my dad if they were the worst team ever, and he quickly taught me their history. In 94, I was heartbroken about the strike, in 95, Griffey tortured me and in 96 I got to see joy unfold in yankee stadium. I saw 3 of their worst yrs....

Optimist
04-21-2006, 05:33 PM
so does that mean you appreciated when the sox came back from 0-3 down to beat you guys?

Of course I did. It was amazing.

I'm not going to bother responding to the rest of your post, because it was just you making assumptions and a fool of yourself.

Manny Goes Boom
04-22-2006, 01:50 AM

I'm sure those were your exact words when Sierra hit the ball to Reese...:rolleyes:

redoctober
04-22-2006, 08:02 AM

I'm not going to bother responding to the rest of your post, because it was just you making assumptions and a fool of yourself.

I find that very hard to believe. If the Yankees did the same thing to the Sox I would have broken a shit load of things by now, and have been cursing at the TV.

RedRuffing15
04-22-2006, 10:55 AM
I wasn't even mad, I just went to bed.........and pondered many things untill I fell asleep....and school felt very dark the next day(literally.....I think i was going blind)

Optimist
04-22-2006, 11:37 AM
I'm sure those were your exact words when Sierra hit the ball to Reese...:rolleyes:

Of course not. Who likes seeing their team lose?

But, when my head cleared, I couldn't help but admire what the Sox had done. It's something no team had ever done before in baseball; just like how no other sports team has won 26 Championships, beside the Yankees. That's the difference between a baseball fan and a fan of team; if a team does a great thing, even if it isn't yours, you can say so.

Manny Goes Boom
04-22-2006, 12:11 PM
Of course not. Who likes seeing their team lose?

But, when my head cleared, I couldn't help but admire what the Sox had done. It's something no team had ever done before in baseball; just like how no other sports team has won 26 Championships, beside the Yankees. That's the difference between a baseball fan and a fan of team; if a team does a great thing, even if it isn't yours, you can say so.

Sure, but I think we have different meanings of the word "appreciate" I think of it different, or so it seems.

I mean I can EASILY admit that A-Rod is one of the 3 best RH hitters in the game, and I think that him and Pujols will break whatever record for HR's is set or still remains.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is I can admit it but I might not admire it.

Or maybe, with me at least, I can only do that for certain things...:lol:

Sox Fan on Cape
04-22-2006, 12:19 PM
For all of you that have an embedded hatred or dislike for the Red Sox or the Yankees, tommorrow will be a new contest just for this rivalry. It will based on the series between the Red Sox and the Yankees ( May 1 & 2 and May 9-11 ). There will be some great prizes.

Manny Goes Boom
04-22-2006, 12:22 PM
For all of you that have an embedded hatred or dislike for the Red Sox or the Yankees, tommorrow will be a new contest just for this rivalry. It will based on the series between the Red Sox and the Yankees ( May 1 & 2 and May 9-11 ). There will be some great prizes.

Sounds good Mr. Fun & Games! I'll be looking forward to it. :thumbsup:

26 to 6
04-22-2006, 04:05 PM
I find that very hard to believe. If the Yankees did the same thing to the Sox I would have broken a shit load of things by now, and have been cursing at the TV.
I already did break a shitload of things. As I said in my post regarding this a few pages back, as a Yankee fan it SUCKED. But as a Baseball fan there is no way you cant appreciate it. Like the 1998 Yankees or the 2001 Mariners in the regular season. Just absolutely no way you can't appreciate it. But appreciating something doesnt mean you have to be happy or sontent with it. As Yankee/Baseball fans we have to look at it from two different perspectives. As the Yankee fan, like I said, it sucks. As a Baseball fan, it's amazing.

I wasn't even mad, I just went to bed.........and pondered many things untill I fell asleep....and school felt very dark the next day(literally.....I think i was going blind)
How were you able to sleep? I was throwing shit. I threw my remote at the tv (thankfully it hit something to the side). I punched a wall. I was yelling, cursing, and crying (yes, I cried. Baseball, along with my family, friends, and girlfriend is one of the things I get very emotional about). School the next day sucked because there was this Sox fan in my first period class who just wouldnt shut up. That was definately one of my worst nights.

TheRivernator
04-22-2006, 04:21 PM
I already did break a shitload of things. As I said in my post regarding this a few pages back, as a Yankee fan it SUCKED. But as a Baseball fan there is no way you cant appreciate it. Like the 1998 Yankees or the 2001 Mariners in the regular season. Just absolutely no way you can't appreciate it. But appreciating something doesnt mean you have to be happy or sontent with it. As Yankee/Baseball fans we have to look at it from two different perspectives. As the Yankee fan, like I said, it sucks. As a Baseball fan, it's amazing.

How were you able to sleep? I was throwing shit. I threw my remote at the tv (thankfully it hit something to the side). I punched a wall. I was yelling, cursing, and crying (yes, I cried. Baseball, along with my family, friends, and girlfriend is one of the things I get very emotional about). School the next day sucked because there was this Sox fan in my first period class who just wouldnt shut up. That was definately one of my worst nights.

I threw my remote into the closet as hard as I could, I still havent found it. I vomited once and then moved on....

AlexanderTheGreat13
04-22-2006, 05:00 PM
I was actually at game 7 and I was in a daze for about a good week or 2. It was kinda like Ruffing said. Everything seemed a little dark.

RedRuffing15
04-22-2006, 05:04 PM

Literally...I didn't know what else to do...me and my freinds had made this cool ass Yankee shirts that we were gunna wear.....and then they lost...

I just layed in bed...woke up, and I remember after the WS game 4 was over, I woke up and my mom looked at me and shook her head...and I layed back down and said I'm not going to school today

And that sounds madddd cool SoxFanOnCappe,

Manny Goes Boom
04-22-2006, 05:22 PM
I threw my remote into the closet as hard as I could, I still havent found it. I vomited once and then moved on....

That's hilarious.

I think I feel the same way as alot of Yankee fans...I mean if it happened to my team...I'd be awful upset...like the above posts...but I mean I guess it would be interesting to see history. But it would be hard for me to move on...might take years...:lol:

redoctober
04-22-2006, 05:25 PM

I wouldn't have shut up either. You probably would of had to punch me.

RedRuffing15
04-22-2006, 06:17 PM
School the next day sucked because there was this Sox fan in my first period class who just wouldnt shut up. That was definately one of my worst nights.
I just counted in my head...I know 9 Yankees fans in my school....and I know 27 Red Sox fans

And, trust me, I made those first 3 games a living hell for them, so Karmas a bitch, becuase it wasn't even that they shoved it in my face...but the Just kept wearing red sox clothing, and I know its wierd...but it pissed me off. And then to top it off, I was finally over all this, and my damned friends made me watch this 'funny' movie yesterday. Fever fucking Pitch...and now I want to die, every second of that movie I hated, and it brought me right back to that night, and made me miserable.:thumbdown :thumbdown

Though when I did think back...I actually rooted for the Sox a lil, cuz I wanted the Yankees to be the only double digit WS win team...and the Cards coulda gotten number 10...but I got over that to happen fast.

And now this thread brough me back to that year, and now I need the Yankees to go undefeated to fix it all

redoctober
04-22-2006, 07:00 PM
I just counted in my head...I know 9 Yankees fans in my school....and I know 27 Red Sox fans

And, trust me, I made those first 3 games a living hell for them, so Karmas a bitch, becuase it wasn't even that they shoved it in my face...but the Just kept wearing red sox clothing, and I know its wierd...but it pissed me off. And then to top it off, I was finally over all this, and my damned friends made me watch this 'funny' movie yesterday. Fever fucking Pitch...and now I want to die, every second of that movie I hated, and it brought me right back to that night, and made me miserable.:thumbdown :thumbdown

Though when I did think back...I actually rooted for the Sox a lil, cuz I wanted the Yankees to be the only double digit WS win team...and the Cards coulda gotten number 10...but I got over that to happen fast.

And now this thread brough me back to that year, and now I need the Yankees to go undefeated to fix it all

Hahahaha. I remember a Yankee fan who was a drop out dope giving me shit the first three games, and then all of a sudden after Game 4, he never showed up at school again, so I never got to throw it back in his face. The guys logic was all messed up, if a team didn't win by 4 runs or more he didn't call it a win. Go figure, thats probably a hint as to why he's a drop out.

CrespoBlows
04-22-2006, 08:38 PM
Trust me, knowing Yankee fans even if the Red Sox prove them stupid again by winning it all again this year they'll find something "refreshing" to say or who knows, maybe they'll just stick to the whole 26 to 7 argument. Don't get me wrong, I love looking at and embracing history, but at the same time it doesn't cloud my present.

Yankee fans are kind of like conservatives and Sox fans are kind of like centrists. We want to preserve our history by remaining in Fenway, but at the same time are embracing the winning tradition thats slowly brewing under current ownership.

Wow.. You just did that. You tied politcial affilations with baseball affilations. I haven't read all of your post, but you're already starting to agitate me. Badly.

redoctober
04-22-2006, 09:09 PM
Wow.. You just did that. You tied politcial affilations with baseball affilations. I haven't read all of your post, but you're already starting to agitate me. Badly.

And why should I care? I thought that was an accurate analogy.

CrespoBlows
04-22-2006, 09:12 PM
No, that was a stupid analogy. I have no idea what the hell you were trying to say.

YanksHater213
04-22-2006, 09:15 PM
No, that was a stupid analogy. I have no idea what the hell you were trying to say.
Neat story here.

So I typed in talksox.com into my address bar, and saw crespoblows made a post on the bottom 5 most recent threads. So I'm like shit, this is gonna be hella good. Then I clicked it *clicks Your ELITE NYY: thread*. And sure enough, you were owning someone, just like I expected, and it was pretty hilarious too.

empirestrikesback26
04-22-2006, 09:15 PM
And why should I care? I thought that was an accurate analogy.
You joined on 4/20. You've lost all credibility.

redoctober
04-22-2006, 09:17 PM
Neat story here.

So I typed in talksox.com into my address bar, and saw crespoblows made a post on the bottom 5 most recent threads. So I'm like shit, this is gonna be hella good. Then I clicked it *clicks Your ELITE NYY: thread*. And sure enough, you were owning someone, just like I expected, and it was pretty hilarious too.

He didn't own anyone, what are you talking about?

YanksHater213
04-22-2006, 09:17 PM
You really are stupider than I thought...

Consider yourself ignored :)

redoctober
04-22-2006, 09:18 PM

Was there a point to your post? I know what 4/20 means, but that just wasn't funny if it was intended to be a joke.

redoctober
04-22-2006, 09:19 PM
You really are stupider than I thought...

Consider yourself ignored :)

I won't lose any sleep over it.

YanksHater213
04-22-2006, 09:21 PM
This message is hidden because redoctober is on your ignore list.

:)

empirestrikesback26
04-22-2006, 09:26 PM
Was there a point to your post? I know what 4/20 means, but that just wasn't funny if it was intended to be a joke.
It wasn't meant to be a joke, it was meant to remove yourself of credibility by exposing the day you joined in case nobody noticed. Maybe you're not familar with the e-world, that's the day you don't join places.

empirestrikesback26
04-22-2006, 09:27 PM
:)
You didn't miss anything, trust me. In fact, you didn't miss any of his posts. His next meaningful post will be his first.

redoctober
04-22-2006, 09:28 PM
It wasn't meant to be a joke, it was meant to remove yourself of credibility by exposing the day you joined in case nobody noticed. Maybe you're not familar with the e-world, that's the day you don't join places.

It doesn't make a difference to me what day I join.

CrespoBlows
04-22-2006, 09:46 PM
It doesn't. But, you're still a dumbass.

RedRuffing15
04-22-2006, 11:11 PM
EDIT......nevermind

Sox Fan on Cape
04-23-2006, 12:59 PM
Heads up guys, the "Red Sox/Yanks Rivalry Contest" is up and running in the Contests/Prizes Forum.

mtbykr
04-23-2006, 10:30 PM

then...

Mabey if you had actually read the post you might understand:)

It doesn't. But, you're still a dumbass.

Look i don't always agree with what redoctober says---but at least he brings a valid argument! All you have done is resort to namecalling after admitting you didn't read everything he wrote!:rolleyes:

schillingouttheks
04-23-2006, 10:33 PM
Well the truth is, it doesn't matter what else he was trying to say. Tying a political affiliations with baseball affiliations is dumb and unjustifiable.

mtbykr
04-23-2006, 10:35 PM

Congrats---you just win the award for the all time dumbest argument:thumbsup:

schillingouttheks
04-23-2006, 10:36 PM
I will agree with you on that one. Trying to expose someone for joining on 4/20? Give me a break.

mtbykr
04-23-2006, 10:38 PM
Well the truth is, it doesn't matter what else he was trying to say. Tying a political affiliations with baseball affiliations is dumb and unjustifiable.

I am not saying that it is, i would rather keep the two seperate as well---my problem stems from the fact that redoctober made his argument (good or bad) and people respond with namecalling. If you don't like someone's argument--then refute it or say so. Again i am not trying to defend anyone here--rather just make a point on how people respond to an argument!

redsoxrules
04-23-2006, 10:43 PM
I am not saying that it is, i would rather keep the two seperate as well---my problem stems from the fact that redoctober made his argument (good or bad) and people respond with namecalling. If you don't like someone's argument--then refute it or say so. Again i am not trying to defend anyone here--rather just make a point on how people respond to an argument!

exactly i agree with you on this one , and i actually found redoctober's arguments pretty good as well wich is probly why most of the yankee's are pissed at him

schillingouttheks
04-23-2006, 10:44 PM
Well actually, he was attacked by more Sox fans than Yanks fans.

TheRivernator
04-24-2006, 04:39 PM
cumbaya my lord, cumbaya

CrespoBlows
05-10-2006, 09:12 PM
Since Tex's thread: 12-6

Before Tex's thread: 6-6

Sox fan in Tex
05-11-2006, 07:33 AM
Even shitty teams win a few, Crespo. The fact is when I posted this thread the Yankees were losing to REAL teams. So congrats on beating Tampa and Toronto a few times I guess. :blink:

CrespoBlows
05-11-2006, 08:21 AM
Even shitty teams win a few, Crespo. The fact is when I posted this thread the Yankees were losing to REAL teams. So congrats on beating Tampa and Toronto a few times I guess. :blink:

Just messing around. I said the same to SOTK when he posted a taunt against the Yankees last night. I thought the thread was hillarous.

Sky
05-12-2006, 02:08 PM

Toronto is not a real team? Toronto seems to own Boston and the bullpen isn't at 100% yet. You might have a problem even making 2nd place in the east this year, let alone first.

Tor
Bos
NYY

Sky
05-12-2006, 02:24 PM
and actually... i think Tampa owns NYY anyways..

Optimist
05-13-2006, 10:19 AM

Which of those teams do you guys have a winning record against?

jsinger121
05-13-2006, 10:20 AM

Tampa for one but we will pay the Jays back when it matters.

redsoxrules
05-13-2006, 10:21 AM

well we do have a winning record against a certain team :D

Optimist
05-13-2006, 10:26 AM
Tampa for one but we will pay the Jays back when it matters.

Actually, you're .500 against the Devil Rays.

redsoxrules
05-13-2006, 10:33 AM
Actually, you're .500 against the Devil Rays.

whats are record against the yanks :dunno: :lol:

Sox fan in Tex
05-13-2006, 10:36 AM
Damn. Got here too late. As said above, the Yankees are the shitty team we have a winning record against. Well, it is more than a winning record. We've obliterated New York. :lol:

Optimist
05-13-2006, 10:38 AM
whats are record against the yanks :dunno: :lol:

How's that relevant? I know the Yankees are the only thing that's important to some of you, but this is about Toronto and the Devil Rays.

TheRivernator
05-13-2006, 11:01 AM
Damn. Got here too late. As said above, the Yankees are the shitty team we have a winning record against. Well, it is more than a winning record. We've obliterated New York. :lol:

yet they still lead you in the standings, wow....