PDA

View Full Version : Red Sox / Yankees Tickets

Sox Fan on Cape
05-15-2006, 01:39 PM
With all the rain and gloomy weather, I have decided to bring a little sunshine for the site. Up for grabs is a pair of tickets to the Red / Sox Yankees game on Wednesday 5/24. They are in Sec 25, Row 11. They are located behind the visitors dug out.

Rules :

....You must be a Talksox member with 150 posts and is open to members, mods & admin.
....Tell me why you should go.
....The contest is open for entries now. Entries close on 5/17 at 8:00 PM EST.
....If you are the winner please PM me ASAP with your name and address, as I'd like to get the tickets to you as early as possible. If I don't hear from you within 24 hrs. I will select another winner. I'm not trying to be a hard ass, I just want to make sure the tickets get used.

User Name
05-15-2006, 01:52 PM
I'm not entering because I have no hope of getting out of school yet another day to go to the game barring I win, but nevertheless, SoFC, you really are the man.

jsinger121
05-15-2006, 02:00 PM
I want to go to the game since I have not gone to a game this year and well it would be one of the good presents to my girlfriend whose birthday is coming up. Also this is the best rivalry in sports and to see a sox-yanks game is always a pleasure.

BoSox Rule
05-15-2006, 02:21 PM
I want to goto the game because there is nothing like a Red Sox vs. Yankees game. I've gone to my fair share of games, but nothing compares to going to a game when the Bronx Bombers are in town. I was there on September 2, 2001 when Mike Mussina was pitching the best game I have ever seen live not pitched by Pedro Martinez. I've seen plenty of games on TV, and while there have probably been better performances that I've seen, this was unbelievably close to the best non-Pedro game. As you all know, Mike Mussina had a perfect game with 2 outs in the 9th. Of course, Carl Everett came up, and singled to left. David Cone also pitched an unbelievable game. He went 8 and a 1/3, gave up 6 hits, 1 unearned run, and he struck out 8.

On May 20, 2003, I attended my second Yankee game. In the end, I didn't leave Fenway disappointing. However, I wasn't in Fenway Park for more than 10 minutes before I was disappointed. Pedro Martinez was scheduled to face off against Jeff Weaver on this day. However, I soon found out from the person next to my seat that Pedro Martinez was scratched for this one. We ended up winning 10-7, chasing Weaver after 5 when he gave up 5 runs on 7 hits. Oh, and Bruce Chen gave up a leadoff HR to Alfonso Soriano. Pedro Martinez he wasn't.

The biggest reason I want to attend this game is the playoff atmosphere that you can feel once you get off the train at Kenmore Station. I know what a playoff game vs. the Yankees feels like because I was there for that infamous Game 3 of the 2003 American League Championship Series. Pedro wasn't the Pedro we were accustomed to when he put up a 2.22 ERA that regular season. He gave up 4 runs in 7 innings and only struck out 6. However, he calmed down after the infamous brawl in the top of 4th when Pedro tossed Zimmer. As it turns out, the Red Sox lost 4-3 that day.

And of course, the next game was quite possibly the best game I ever went to. And the biggest reason occured before the game had even started. April 11, 2005. The World Champion Boston Red Sox recieved their World Series Rings in front of 33,702 fans. It didn't hurt that the Red Sox defeated the same team they came back down 0-3 the previous playoffs 8-1. Wakefield pitched 7 shutout innings.

I haven't been back to a Yankee game since then, so please consider my entry. Thank you.

Coco's Disciples
05-15-2006, 03:29 PM
hey, im going to that game, and i have section 24 row 10

HeadOfSoxNation
05-15-2006, 04:43 PM
Oh man oh man...Sox/Yanks tickets? If SFOC isn't Time Magazine's Man of the Year for 2006, I'm cancelling my subscription. Seriously. And, I also think, on another note, that teachers should really give out Sox/Yanks tickets instead of like, grades. I'm studying up for finals now, and getting myself to buckle down and study is next to impossible, knowing full well all I'm after is a decent grade...a freaking red pen mark on a paper from a teacher. Can you imagine how much easier it would be to study if you knew that doing well entitled you to Sox tickets? I guess I just have to hope that doing well will get me a good job and pay me ubermoney so I can buy someones Sox Season's off of them. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

As far as why I should go to the game...wow...that's a tough question. I don't want to claim that I'm a bigger fan than a lot of the other people that post on this board. I think we've got a solid community of people here, and any of them would be a good decision to get the tickets. I'd love to go, I'm just finishing up a semester of school where I've really had to bust my ass, and I'm taking 1st and 2nd summer session classes also, so this would be an awesome thing to do with the little break I get after finals and before the next set of classes start. I've seen Sox/Yanks before, but never ever at Fenway. I was at the game at the Stadium a couple of years ago when Pedro plunked Sori and Jeter in the top of the 1st. The Sox ended up losing that one when they walked in the winning run in the bottom of the ninth...needless to say not the result I wanted, but it was a blast to see them none the less. I'd love the chance to not be in the minority and be able to cheer on the Sox amongst other diehards.

With the other ticket, I would be taking my friend Casey. I met her when I lived in Florida while interning for Disney. She's an awesome awesome girl and a DIE HARD Sox fan. She lives on Cape Cod in the summer and right outside Boston the rest of the year. Her and I have been trying to find a time that we could get together, and what an AWESOME surprise it would be if I scored us Sox/Yankees tickets.

I'm also OBSESSED with Boston as a whole, and when I was there a couple of weeks ago, I had to get back to NY because I had a presentation due...I didn't get to do a lot of the other sightseeing that I wanted to. I was able to do my run along the freedom trail in the morning, but didn't get to spend the time I would have liked. I wanted to take a duck tour and check out the science museum and what not also. I was planning on heading there right after I finished up my finals, and what an amazing way to start off a little Beantown getaway than to go to Sox/Yanks?

I really hope I win this. Best of luck to everyone. SFoC, let me know if you want anymore info!

Coco's Disciples
05-15-2006, 04:53 PM
I should get these tickets because it would help my moral. You know, nobody likes me on this board, and I think that if I got the vent my anger at the despised Yankees, I would become a better poster on Talksox. For the love of this board, I deserve the tickets.

yeszir
05-15-2006, 04:54 PM
I should get these tickets because it would help my moral. You know, nobody likes me on this board, and I think that if I got the vent my anger at the despised Yankees, I would become a better poster on Talksox. For the love of this board, I deserve the tickets.
What in tarnation....

You're already going to the game! The morale of this story is don't enter contests for games for which you already have tickets.

Coco's Disciples
05-15-2006, 04:55 PM
Shhh!!!

User Name
....But you're already going.

RedRuffing15
hey, im going to that game, and i have section 24 row 10

:dunno: ...you need more tickets???

Anyways, since this game is at Boston, I'll pass this round, but good luck to everyone entering, and your a very kind and generous person Sox Fan on Cape

Dana Kiecker
05-15-2006, 05:02 PM
I woulkd like a chance to win theese tickets.

I havent been able to afford/attend a Sox game in a couple of years.. I have a newborn and the old lady could really use a night out..

I had tickets to a game last year but it got rained out, and rescheduled as a day game the next day. I had to work. so the $140 went down the drain...

Also Id be willing to trade a day of work at your house, whether that be carpentry or plumbing..

Thanks

Soxfan#1
05-15-2006, 05:04 PM
I want to go because winning this would be my second and most likely last game of the year to go to for 2006. My parents don't want to spend money on tix and we already redeemed the tix for this year from budweiser. A redsox yankees game would make going only to 2 games worth while for me. The game we went to sucked because of the rain. Also, I may be going to india again this summer and I will be missing a lot of games this year t.v wise.

You know my appreciation for you Cape man. I don't need to go into even further detail about my thanks and blessings towards you.

YazYaz04
05-15-2006, 05:24 PM
I am going to Yankee Stadium on my birthday June 6th to see the Sox Yankees game. I am sitting in the bleachers like I did last year when they lost 6-3 on May 27, 2005. I don't want these tickets, but I love yankees red sox. good luck to you all.

SchillingIsTheNatural
05-15-2006, 05:27 PM
Well I think everyone on this site is deserving of the tickets but I'll throw in my two cents. For the record SFoC this is a fantastic contest considering how much some people are struggling with the current weather.

I guess I would actually like to win the tickets for my father and not myself. My family lives on the coast in NH and most areas have been evacuated where they are. His company has been in business for 22 years and has been flooded. They do not have flood insurance like most businesses in the northeast because of the outrageous price. This turn of events pretty much destroyed his company so I'm not sure what he will do now. On top of that his mother passed away on Wednesday. She was 78 years old and died from cancer. A very loving woman and I will miss her very much. Needless to say my father has had possibly the toughest week in his life next to the time he was diagnosed with brain cancer. I'm happy to say though I will be graduating from college in a couple weeks and despite all the trouble...its the only thing he can talk about. Good luck to everyone in the contest and everyone running into problems with the flooding I wish you the best for a strong recovery.

Incase people were curious what his company is...they make exercise equipment and he is a consultant for Riddell. 85% of the players in the NFL will be wearing my fathers shoulder pads next season....heres hoping the injuries drop a large margin compared to seasons past.

YanksHater213
05-15-2006, 05:43 PM
you should pick me because im a beast.

User Name
05-15-2006, 05:54 PM
Alright, I usually dont like to go for tickets in these contests, but this time is an exception. Last game I was at was back in like 03 or something, which was the game I'm about to explain. Its a good time, really. Ive been to one Sox-Yanks game before, but thats it. It was a memorable experience. Jeremy Giambi stole a fucking base, and Ortiz hit a wall ball double to win it in the ninth. Great time.

I was at that game. Great fucking game man, great fucking game.

schillingouttheks
05-15-2006, 06:00 PM
Hahaha YanksHater. The knees. Ohhhh, the knees.

empirestrikesback26
05-15-2006, 06:02 PM
Hey, I wanna go!

YazYaz04
05-15-2006, 06:08 PM
My vote goes to the schillingisthenatural's post . That is actually a story that I think a sox game, and hopefully victory would heal.

greenwell39
05-15-2006, 06:09 PM
SFOC, what a great idea to lift spirits! Unfortunately, I won't be able to enter. The end of the school year is upon us, and there is no way I can get a day off. But, not to fret as I will be going to the game against Tampa Bay on the 27th!
Best of luck to everyone who is able to enter! And thanks again SFOC for continuing to spread your kindness around!

ACL BoSox
05-15-2006, 06:28 PM
Well, there's no harm putting my name in the hat.

I'd like to go because I've always wanted to go to Fenway Park, living in NJ I don't get to go up to Boston to often. In fact I've been there once, and the game was sold out when I was up there. I live in Yankeeville here in NJ so I have to get the baseball package to see the Sox. Going to a Red Sox/Yankee game has been a dream of mine, but have not had the resources/time to get to a game. Well, that's the extent of my story.

HeadOfSoxNation
05-15-2006, 06:45 PM
Well I think everyone on this site is deserving of the tickets but I'll throw in my two cents. For the record SFoC this is a fantastic contest considering how much some people are struggling with the current weather.

I guess I would actually like to win the tickets for my father and not myself. My family lives on the coast in NH and most areas have been evacuated where they are. His company has been in business for 22 years and has been flooded. They do not have flood insurance like most businesses in the northeast because of the outrageous price. This turn of events pretty much destroyed his company so I'm not sure what he will do now. On top of that his mother passed away on Wednesday. She was 78 years old and died from cancer. A very loving woman and I will miss her very much. Needless to say my father has had possibly the toughest week in his life next to the time he was diagnosed with brain cancer. I'm happy to say though I will be graduating from college in a couple weeks and despite all the trouble...its the only thing he can talk about. Good luck to everyone in the contest and everyone running into problems with the flooding I wish you the best for a strong recovery.

Incase people were curious what his company is...they make exercise equipment and he is a consultant for Riddell. 85% of the players in the NFL will be wearing my fathers shoulder pads next season....heres hoping the injuries drop a large margin compared to seasons past.

Alright, as much as I'd love the tickets, those reasons are far more deserving than mine.

BoSox34
05-15-2006, 06:56 PM
I would love to win this surprise contest because:

1. I am a diehard fan and I would never root against the Red Sox under any circumstances. During the Sox/Yanks rivalry contest, some talksox members admittedly rooted against their team in hopes of winning the contest. With 1 game left against the Yankees remaining, a win by New York and 2 home runs by the Sox would equal two tickets to an upcoming Sox/Yanks game for myself, did I root against Boston?...of course not.
2. Bad luck in past similar contests: Last season, I won two 2nd row tickets to an ALCS Red Sox game in the playoffs, only to watch the White Sox swiftly sweep the BoSox, ending the season and eliminating my hopes of going to a playoff game. Also, I lost the recent Yanks/Sox contest, but kept my pride intact, as like previously stated, I did not root for the Bronx Bombers.
3. My Dad: If there's anyone who would be happier than me to win these tickets, it would be my dad. Unfortunately, we could not purchase any Red Sox tickets this season because of the lack of availability and the virtual waiting room mess.
4. Me: Sincerely, there is nothing that I would want right now more than these tickets. All the players that I see on T.V, but never in real life such as Ortiz, Manny, Jeter, A-Rod, Damon would be right there in front of me, the feeling that rushes through you when you walk through the tunnel and see the green grass and the monster and the many attractions that make Fenway, Fenway, and the thrill of rooting for my favorite team in sports live at the ballpark while they're battling the Yankees.

So, in conclusion, if you pick me to receive the tickets, not only will I win (once in a lifetime experience), but so will you (knowing that you gave the tickets to someone who will enjoy the game and well represent Red Sox nation), my dad, and the Jimmy fund (I am saving money to donate to the charity when they have their telethon over the summer, I have already saved $116 and I will gladly add another $100 to the collection if I win these tickets).

Thank you very much, SFoC.

Sizzlin22
05-15-2006, 09:05 PM
Alright I don't usually enter these things but this is defin itly an opportunity for me to re-pay someone.

I would like these tickets not really for me but for my Dad. Every year when the Red Sox ticket office opens online he is there the second it opens. He then sits on his computer for hours on end trying to get good tickets for himself and his three sons (I'm the oldest). Long story short after about two or three hours on the computer he gets up and tells us what games he got. It's usually about 8 or 9 games, seven or eight of them have 4 tickets each (himself and his sons) and one game every year he gets two tickets (for him and my mother). Every year he usually spends around two - two and a half grand a year on Red Sox tickets, and that's just on tickets alone! I don't know how much it usually totals up to after parking, food, a souvenir or two, it totals up to far more than he can really afford.

Every year he yells at himself for how much he spent on these games and every year when the ticket box opens he is on that computer again. I have been to Fenway many times in my life and I have maybe spent a grand total of 100 dollars of my own money in all of these games combined. It definitly wouldn't be full payback but I would like nothing more than to be able to give these tickets to my Dad and say, "Here, take Mom and enjoy yourself, I owe this to you". My Dad deserves these tickets and I need to pay him back for everything he's given me and my siblings.

SchillingIsTheNatural
05-15-2006, 09:38 PM
Wow...thanks to those of you who mentioned my post and were moved by it.

Its just another reason why Red Sox fans are the greatest. I saw some other posts with parents (mainly fathers) mentioned and its a great thing that so many are willing to give something back to those who brought us up and gave so much. I can see SFoC's kindness and generosity is rubbing off.

kreinbihl34
05-15-2006, 09:50 PM
Damn wow. Lets see... I am 16 and have been a Sox Fan most of my life.
I live in Ohio the state of all sucky sports team. The first contest I was in the running and my mother said I could go. In the end I didn't win and was crushed. I want to see Fenway so bad. I mean what history so we have here. I think to conplete my life I need to see Fenway. I want to see everything in Boston and this is the only way I can do it.

I have heard stories of Fenway from you guys and need to see it. I drive friends at school crazy about my talk of the Sox. A couple of my teammates on the rack team are Yankees fans and hate when I talk about the Sox. So I one day skipped the warm ups and stole their cloths and threw hem into the shower. Neverless I was caught and head to run 20 laps = 5 miles. BTW I'm a weight guy... This killed me.

I also have many Red Sox parties and invite EVERYONE.

So please, please... I NEED these tickets so bad. I NEED to see Fenway.

BrentD22
05-15-2006, 11:53 PM
SFOC,

I would like to auction these tickets off to benefit the Relay for Life a walk to cure cancer. WOW I would like to go to the game, but this cause has really tugged at my heart strings. My mother died last year of cancer and my family has created a team to participate in the Worcester Relay for Life.

Here is a link to my fundraising (http://www.acsevents.org/relay/MAworcester/brentdebraga) webpage. Please the tickets would go to a great cause. The great part is that people from this site can then go on my fundraising page and donate money. The highest donation amount will not only help raise money for a cure to cancer, but win the tickets.

If anyone is interested in donating please feel free to visit that link. You can donate using a debit or credit card.

redsoxrules
05-16-2006, 01:28 AM
SFOC ,

I should go cause ive never been to fenway park ,let alone to any major sporting events, and never even been out of canada. this would be great to go see my first game especially against the yanks. as i mentionned on the off topic i was actually planning to go down in sept to catch a game against the jays , but this would be so much better . and plus the fact im getting married in oct im kinda low on cash so this would be the perfect opportunity.as i drive a car thats great on gas so bassicaly it would only cost me around 150 in gas from there and back and we know people that would give us a deal on hotels too. . Also the fact that me and fiance might not get a honeymoon this year cause of money this would be it , that would be a dream come trough :) so pick me so i can finnaly go for a trip outside of canada to fenway park and the best honeymoon ever!

26 to 6
05-16-2006, 01:59 AM
Have fun whoever wins.

schillingouttheks
05-16-2006, 07:08 AM
I'm not going to enter because SchillingIsTheNatural and BrentD22 deserve them before me. I don't want to risk entering and getting them when I know they should get them over me. Seriously, those are some great reasons/stories. Yeah, they basically deserve them over me.

americantrotter
05-16-2006, 04:48 PM
Can I post a hundred time somewhere else to get my post count up? :D

Good luck to SFoC that's got to be a tough decision...............and a great gift.

Optimist
05-16-2006, 05:44 PM
I'm not going to enter because SchillingIsTheNatural and BrentD22 deserve them before me. I don't want to risk entering and getting them when I know they should get them over me. Seriously, those are some great reasons/stories. Yeah, they basically deserve them over me.

Ditto.

I had mine all typed up, but then I saw this post and read back the responses of those two. They definitely deserve it before me.

MANNYHOF24
05-16-2006, 06:36 PM
I would love to go to this game but I have never been to a sox yankees game, I always watch on T.V and am dying to a part of this rivalry live. However BrentD22 cause is greater than mine, as well as Schillisthenatural. They either deserve or will do better with the Tickets than I will. However if this is a random drawing, and I win I would like to go

Cityofchampions33
05-16-2006, 06:37 PM
i hope he breakes every record barry has, because i straight up hate barry

Sox Fan on Cape
05-16-2006, 06:53 PM
hope he breakes every record barry has, because i straight up hate barry

Did you mean to post this in another thread ? Because, I for one am confused as hell.

Sox Fan on Cape
05-16-2006, 07:10 PM
A few of you have mentioned that BrentD22 should get the tickets so that they can be auctioned off for charity. This is not a viable option. The contest closes Wednesday 5/17. The earliest I could send them would be Thursday 5/18. Even using Priority Mail, he wouldn't receive them until Saturday 5/20 or Monday 5/22. That would leave him 2 days to set up an auction, collect bids, money, and mail out the tickets by 5/24. It can't be done. Instead, I made a donation because it is a worthy cause. If you agree go to his web site and make a donation, $ 5, $10, or whatever you can afford.

BrentD22
05-16-2006, 09:11 PM
I ditto SFOC's comments! Please donate just like he did!

As for the tickets on a personal level. I don't often do much for myself. I'm usually doing for others. It would be nice to go to this game and do something for myself. If I can't go it's completely OK with me. I just hope whom ever goes has a kick ass time!

Sox Fan on Cape
05-17-2006, 12:50 AM
I received this tonight :

redsox/yankee contest

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

unfortinutely i will have to remove myself from this contest , i have a sick grandmother that might not make it to live another week just found that out this morning ,so obviously im gonna spend the time with her, il catch my first game sooner or later,but of corse now is not the time it didnt look like i was in favor to win anyways but just in case im letting you know in advance ,

Marc

I expressed my sympathies and condolences, some of you may want to do the same. Just letting you know.

Manny Goes Boom
05-17-2006, 01:45 AM
I received this tonight :

I expressed my sympathies and condolences, some of you may want to do the same. Just letting you know.

I send mine out to him too, my prayers are there for ya man. Who is that?

redsoxrules
05-17-2006, 02:26 AM
thx SFOC and Manny goes boom for your sympathies

SchillingIsTheNatural
05-17-2006, 08:10 AM
I sent mine out as well. My grandmother passed away this last Wednesday. Its very difficult losing someone you love but remember the good times you had....thats how everyone wants to be remembered.

schillingouttheks
05-17-2006, 09:51 AM
Condolences to you, redsoxrules, and your family. I hope you're able to stay strong through this tough time. You can do it.

redsoxrules
05-17-2006, 10:45 AM
thank you all for your prayers

I actually just got back from the hospital ,and we got good news ,she might make it after all, she had a massive hart attack ,and the doc didnt think she would make it , but she did good lastnight and apparently she could get trough this, il keep you guys posted

BoSox34
05-17-2006, 01:21 PM
My prayers are with you and your family, I lost four of my grandparents so I understand how it feels.

gosox613
05-17-2006, 02:10 PM
I would like to go to this game because i have no memory of the last time i went to a sox yanks game. I went to one when i was in early elementary school, and havent been to one since (as a matter of fact, im not even positive it was sox-yanks, thats how long ago it was). There is nothing i care about more than redsox-yankees. I love this rivalry so much and it would be great to go to one, as the last time i went i was probably too young to even enjoy it. Even if i did go when i was young and i remembered it, the rivalry wasnt what it is now. I really hope i can get a real life taste of this rivalry as it is at one of the most interesting chapters in its history. Also, life has sucked for me lately. Ive spent many a night lately at home by myself. My friends seem to do anything so they dont have to hang out with me, and it sucks sitting at home every night; hopefully this would cheer me up a bit. Also, my dad never tries to get any tix, so as of right now, all i have is a red sox (v tex) game through my school, which could end up sucking cuz its a school trip. Hopefully i can win and really know what it is like to be at a redsox-yanks game.

Sox Fan on Cape
05-17-2006, 07:04 PM
Entry to this contest is now closed. I will post a winner thread shortly.

He Hate Me
05-18-2006, 08:37 AM
thx SFOC and Manny goes boom for your sympathies

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma. I hope that whatever chance she has of making it comes through for her.