PDA

View Full Version : July 16th @ Anaheim

Ortiz34
07-16-2004, 07:53 AM
Pedro- 9-3, 3.67 era
Escobar- 5-5, 3.91 era

The sox need to give a lot of run support, unlike last night. If they can provide predro with at least 5 runs, then the game should be ours.

elsrbueno
07-16-2004, 08:05 AM
Pedro's telling the press he's "In a happy state of mind."

Didn't Pedro do his best pitching when he WASN'T talking to the press...

argh. Anyway, the Red Sox have GOT to turn around. Last night was UGLY.

schillingouttheks
07-16-2004, 09:20 AM
i dont know why pedro speaks. anyone remember at the beginning of the year he said he wanted out of boston at the end of the season and then he SUCKED? well hopefully pedro wont have another ugly anaheim outing and wont get owned by vlad.

manny should be starting in LF if he played the ASG, remember he played the ASG tito???

trot is in RF thank god

damon, im sorry ur hit streak ended, ur still a beast

3B better be mueller, no fucking bellhorn, if hes in put him at second because that should be where the feud is, pokey vs bellhorn

nomar STAYS IN. I AM SICK OF TITO GOING WITH THIS GIVING GUYS DAYS OFF. WE PAY THEM TO PLAY. THATS WHY WE DONT PLAY ON MONDAYS MOSTLY. to get a day off.

2B i wont be upset, pokey or bellhorn.

1B-I WANT MCCARTY THERE, NO FUCKING MILLAR PLAYING, HE CAN PLAY BENCH WARMER AND SHAVE HIS HEAD IN THE DUGOUT.

DH-ORTIZZLE. THIS IS WHAT THE LINEUP SHOULD LOOK LIKE!!!!! MILLAR NEEDS TO BE BENCHED! THE ONLY PERSON OFF THE BENCH I LIKE IS KAPLER, BECAUSE HES A GOOD PLAYER, AND ALL AROUND SOLID.

look for a mediocre performance from pedro, as now he needs to live up and think about what he told to the media about being happy. he should just shut his mouth and play the damn game, as the media is the most annoying thing ever.

GO SOX

sarasoxfan
07-16-2004, 09:25 AM
pedro can say anything he wants and dont care if that bobble head doll is more interesting than the real thing. I dont care whether he goes back to the dominican between starts ( have you ever considered that Pedro's salary might be more than the entire country's GNP).....I dont care if his hair looks stupid, all I care about is the he
fucking wins tonight

Ortiz34
07-16-2004, 11:08 AM
I am confident to say that if the sox lose this series, their chance at making the playoffs is over.

trot4mvp
07-16-2004, 11:22 AM
Not so fast there Ortiz...our series' against the A's and Rangers has shown us that a well-timed winning streak can put us right back in the thick of things. Though I would be concerned if we lost this series, the key to the season will be the Yankees series. If we can gain 2 or 3 on the Yanks between now and next week, then take 2 during the series, we're back within 4 and in contention for the AL East and Wild Card, with plenty of momentum. I'm one of the biggest doomsday-ers on the board, but a series loss will not kill these team's chances of postseason play.

elsrbueno
07-16-2004, 11:35 AM
There is NO WAY this team beats the Yankees with Lowe, Arroyo and Wake 2/3.

It just aint gunna happen.

The Red Sox WILL NOT catch New York this season...they have to focus on the wild card, and Theo needs to build this team to win instead of just have an orgy in the clubhouse every night and suck it up on the field.

I'm sick of Francona's "I love all these players so much" crap. MAKE THEM PLAY THE GAME TO WIN. Be a leader. That's your job.

The bottom line is, the Yankees players don't necessarily LIKE each other. In fact, it's possible EVERYONE hates Lofton and Sheffield for their stupid mouths....But they win games, and that's what is important.

I don't care if they all leave the park and sleep in separate CITIES after the game, just play the game and win.

Ortiz34
07-16-2004, 11:36 AM
yeah Francona, snap out of it man.

schillingouttheks
07-16-2004, 11:51 AM
els,

once again i totally agree with u. with our starters against the yanks the only game we win is the wake game, who is usually amazing against the yanks, with the exception of that fateful pitch to boone which im not gunna even start on i was so pissed off. but u r right, who gives a shit about whether or not they can coexist or if they have chemistry, if they win games, thats all. i think the redsox have too much love for one another and thats all they focus on. dont get me wrong, i love the sox and it is good to have friendships on the team and i know they focus on winning, but with francona, it seems like every time he gives players days off or says i love these guys, hes setting up for not focusing on the task at hand here, just winning a goddamn championship. we pay the players to play the game. nothing else. our best players start every game unless they are hurt or have a family thing, bottom line. manny, should be playing. nixon, every game unless theres a lefty, in which case kapler plays. bench millar, im sick of his shitty plays. mccarty is the best defensive first baseman we have, and his offense isnt to shabby either, as he comes through when it counts. remember last year when he got that double off the monster to bring in the tying run? i forget who it was against tho but it clearly stands out in my mind. remember the walkoff HR against the mariners this year? i was at that game, and all i remember hearing all along was "just start mccarty, just start mccarty..." because he comes through when it counts. tito, u need some help. the only position i can see him messing around with is second base. pokey and bellhorn are both fair players, but not good enough to be starting every game. i can see them switching off every now and then.

Ortiz34
07-16-2004, 02:40 PM
wat ever happened to youkilis?

schillingouttheks
07-16-2004, 02:44 PM
he got sent down to bring mendoza back up, look in the mendoza, hes baaaaaack forum for more info.

Ortiz34
07-16-2004, 02:47 PM
o thats a shame, i really liked youkilis.

stocker323
07-16-2004, 02:51 PM
It was for the better because now he actually has a chance to play.

schillingouttheks
07-16-2004, 02:51 PM
we have mueller so theres really no use for him, hes too good not to play everyday, that way in AAA he can, but i dont understand y bringing up mendoza was the choice we had to make.... but whatever. i heard he went in last night but i didnt see him play....was he any good anyone?

Tek04
07-16-2004, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by nomah555@Jul 16 2004, 03:51 PM
we have mueller so theres really no use for him, hes too good not to play everyday, that way in AAA he can, but i dont understand y bringing up mendoza was the choice we had to make.... but whatever. i heard he went in last night but i didnt see him play....was he any good anyone?
I think it was explained in the thread in the main forum that with mendoza after his 30 day dl stint or however long it was, he had to either be brought up from AAA or released...and the sox think they can use him in a trade, so they brought him up.

CrespoBlows
07-16-2004, 06:31 PM
Yankee Radio announcer's are the biggest homo's. Then again this is like most Yankee fans. When they bring up a stat that the yankees hit 13 HR's in 2 games at Shibe Park almost 70 years ago, its a huge accomplishment. But when someone brings up a stat that the Red Sox hit 11 in 2 days just over a year ago its in the past and irrelvent. Yankee fans make me smell dead ass

Pedro
07-16-2004, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by nomah555@Jul 16 2004, 07:20 AM
look for a mediocre performance from pedro, as now he needs to live up and think about what he told to the media about being happy. he should just shut his mouth and play the damn game, as the media is the most annoying thing ever.

Live up to what?

He hardly says anything.

Vlad will be owning a seat on the bench if Pedro has something of control tonight unlike the last time he faced Anaheim.

CrespoBlows
07-16-2004, 09:37 PM
ugh Reese down looking,It was a ball though.

Pedro
07-16-2004, 09:49 PM
Man, when is the last time anybody remembers Pedro having this much zip on his fastball?

95 mph and rising like that... unhittable.

CrespoBlows
07-16-2004, 10:17 PM
I love that Francona is doing the hit and run

CrespoBlows
07-16-2004, 10:19 PM
POKEY!! Way to go!

schillingouttheks
07-16-2004, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Pedro+Jul 16 2004, 06:54 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Pedro @ Jul 16 2004, 06:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-nomah555@Jul 16 2004, 07:20 AM

Live up to what?

He hardly says anything.

Vlad will be owning a seat on the bench if Pedro has something of control tonight unlike the last time he faced Anaheim. [/b][/quote]
yes, i am being silenced. i am very pleased tonight.

on another note, i never knew francona was so strong&#33;&#33;&#33; holding back ortiz from bumping back the umpire, wow. man, im pissed at ortiz. even though the calls from behind the plate are shit, theres no excuse to throw bats out onto the field. sure, get upset and get ejected and have an argument and get pissed. it happens to everyone. but dont throw bats on the field...thats a sure suspension...ortiz, that was the stupidest thing uve ever done. i can understand ur anger, but theres no excuse for throwing bats onto the field. even though im sure he didnt have the intention of hitting one of the umpires, i just cant believe he did that.

however, im pleased to see that tito is bringing in embree to make figgins bat RIGHTY. i tihnk rightys have worse AVG when batting righty against the lefty embree?

Pedro
07-17-2004, 12:18 AM
yes, i am being silenced. i am very pleased tonight.

on another note, i never knew francona was so strong&#33;&#33;&#33; holding back ortiz from bumping back the umpire, wow. man, im pissed at ortiz. even though the calls from behind the plate are shit, theres no excuse to throw bats out onto the field. sure, get upset and get ejected and have an argument and get pissed. it happens to everyone. but dont throw bats on the field...thats a sure suspension...ortiz, that was the stupidest thing uve ever done. i can understand ur anger, but theres no excuse for throwing bats onto the field. even though im sure he didnt have the intention of hitting one of the umpires, i just cant believe he did that.

however, im pleased to see that tito is bringing in embree to make figgins bat RIGHTY. i tihnk rightys have worse AVG when batting righty against the lefty embree

I&#39;m still fuming about the umpiring. Pedro should&#39;ve been at 85 pitches TOPS after that 6th inning. If he has the kind of STUFF he brought tonight and stays off the DL, he will be a late runner in the Cy Young race, guaranteed. Nobody can compete with a healthy Pedro throwing 95 MPH.

After for Ortiz, I love seeing him get everyone fired up, but he just cost himself FIVE games, minimum.

Game over.

schillingouttheks
07-17-2004, 12:19 AM
and thats the ball game, a much deserved, well played, much needed win. this is what the second half of 2004 should look like for us, with the exception of the whole ortiz deal...

and even with the shit the umpire called behind the plate tonight we stuck in there and got the win. congrats sox. now its time for mlb to do something about that ump, if every game he umps is like this theres no wonder y players get pissed off, that was brutal.

GREAT PLAYING SOX, now jump on colon tomorrow. here we go.

after tonights game,

we are tied with oakland for the lead in AL wild card race. anaheim is now 1.5 back in AL wil card i believe.

Ortiz34
07-18-2004, 08:24 AM
PEDRO"s FASTBALL WAS 96 MPH, HOLY SHIT. THAT IS FAST,