PDA

View Full Version : Non Red Sox Rumors

elsrbueno
07-16-2004, 03:32 PM
Hey,
I was curious as to what moves (outside of Red Sox rumors) may be in the fold. Here are some:

Carlos Delgado says he's not waiving his no trade. LA seems very interested in him.

Bret Boone is a gold glove infielder with a huge salary. He's usually a good offensive second baseman, but is struggling this year. Will he be moved before the deadline?

Fred McGriff just doesn't fit in with Tampa Bay's youth movement. Will he retire or be moved to a contender?

Kris Benson has been coveted by the Mets. Will they finally complete a deal? Will someone else swoop in and pick him up (MFY, Cardinals, Cubbies etc)

Mark Prior injured again. Will the Cubs counter with a move?

Please post your reactions/ideas/theories/rumors

stocker323
07-16-2004, 05:13 PM
I heard somewhere that 3 teams were interested in Delgado the Dodgers, Red Sox and another team which I can't remember. But as I have said I think we should focus on another starter.

Zenny
07-18-2004, 01:02 PM
Well, our old buddy Carl Everett was just re-traded to the White Sox for pitchers Jon Rauch and Gary Majewski. Kenny Williams will never learn...

gosox613
07-19-2004, 09:01 AM
if im not mistaken, fred mcgriff was just dropped by the drays, which puts to rest his possibiltiy of being traded

elsrbueno
07-19-2004, 11:37 AM
on Delgado:

The last I heard, he was unwilling to waive his no-trade clause, meaning he's probably going to finish his season in Toronto

on McGriff:
I feel sorry for the Crime Dog, I really do. A quality person, and a good hitter. I just don't see him picking it up with another club because he doesn't seem to be producing anymore. What he probably needs is regular playing time to get into a groove, but who would be willing to give it to him? I can't think of ONE team.

on Carl Everett:

I can't believe GMs keep paying this guy to tear up their clubhouses...

Kenny Williams must have been desperate for a bat and desperate to ditch Jon Rauch

CrespoBlows
07-19-2004, 02:29 PM
The O's sent the Mets reliever Mike Dejean for Karim Garcia.

Tek04
07-19-2004, 03:26 PM
Garcia back in the AL East!

stocker323
07-19-2004, 08:33 PM
I think Pedro's pitching against them this week. It should be very interesting.

elsrbueno
07-20-2004, 07:34 AM
Honestly I doubt it'll be as interesting in a Red Sox/Oriole game. We'll see if Garcia starts something....but there to be more hype than action in that one...

RedSox24
07-20-2004, 02:19 PM
I hope he does start something just so we can all see pedro throw at him. Hes a fat fucker anyways

Sizzlin22
07-22-2004, 07:59 PM
I think Delgado will change his tune I strongly believe he will be traded before the deadline.

elsrbueno
07-23-2004, 08:32 AM
Sizzlin,
I agree. I was surprised to hear Delgado didn't want out of Toronto. They're going nowhere this year, and he doesn't get a lot of press up there. I would think if he was traded to a contending team, and got a lot more attention...that would only help his impending contract situation.

Plus playing on turf in Toronto must suck.....

Other rumors: The Mets are going hard after Kris Benson, offering Wigginton (sp?) and a pitching prospect, but it seems Benson might also head to Minnesota.

The Marlins have made Larry Walker their top priority for now...

Steve Finley has told people he'll only accept a trade to play Center Field...San Diego, Philly, MAYBE Florida seem to be suitors since he wants to stay in the NL.

Sizzlin22
07-23-2004, 12:25 PM
I don't see Benson pitching anywhere but the West Coast he's too much of a "mental gidget" (thank you D-Lowe) to be pitching in a big city with all the press he would crack in places like Boston New York or Philly. He needs to go to the West where the madeia and fans aren't half as viscious as they are here.