PDA

View Full Version : Server problems

yeszir
05-24-2006, 10:42 PM
I'm fed up with the hosting we have. The server is constantly down, things never work the way they should, and people are being banned at the server level because of "hacking". (Does Youk of the Nation look like a hacker to you?).

Alls I wanted to say is that I'm looking into switching hosts stat. I don't care if it costs more, whatever. This is just pissing me off and I'm sure its pissing you all off as well.

redsoxrules
05-24-2006, 11:07 PM
yeah it pissing me off to , when I type the address and hit go it says cannot find talksox.com and then it says maybe you meant talksoy.com LMFAO :lol:

Moose
05-24-2006, 11:09 PM
Haha, that happened to me as well.

Why don't you just bookmark talksox so you don't have to type the whole thing out?

redsoxrules
05-24-2006, 11:12 PM
Haha, that happened to me as well.

Why don't you just bookmark talksox so you don't have to type the whole thing out?

im at work so i dont want to get caught , i share the same computer as the other supervisor, and of corse im not allowed to surf the net. so at the end of my shift i just delete my history and cookies

Moose
05-24-2006, 11:15 PM
Haha, so Talksox is NSFW. :lol:

yeszir
05-25-2006, 11:30 PM
Of anyone knows of any RELIABLE, relatively cheap hosting companies, please let me know. I know of a bunch but maybe theres a good deal out there that I'm missing.

Sox Fan on Cape
05-27-2006, 02:48 PM
Sorry, I'm in a playfull mood. But whenever, I have a server problem, I leave a small tip or talk to management. <_< Hope the search goes well !

Soxfan#1
05-27-2006, 04:40 PM
http://www.top-10-web-hosting.com/

ORS
06-02-2006, 09:50 PM
I don't know what the problem is, but I can't get on the site from my house. Well, that's not entirely true. I can get on via my desktop if I disable my cable modem, bypass my router, repower the modem, connect the desktop directly to the modem, and type in the command "ipconfig/flushdns" in the command prompt. However, when I set my router back up so that I can use my laptop around the house, I get a "Page Cannot be Displayed" message. It's been this way since last Friday night. It's really inconvenient to disable my home network, so my visits will probably be fewer and further between.

yeszir
06-02-2006, 10:05 PM
I don't know what the problem is, but I can't get on the site from my house. Well, that's not entirely true. I can get on via my desktop if I disable my cable modem, bypass my router, repower the modem, connect the desktop directly to the modem, and type in the command "ipconfig/flushdns" in the command prompt. However, when I set my router back up so that I can use my laptop around the house, I get a "Page Cannot be Displayed" message. It's been this way since last Friday night. It's really inconvenient to disable my home network, so my visits will probably be fewer and further between.
The server has decided to ban people, seemingly at random. It's already happened to SFoC and Youk of the Nation. This alone is reason to switch. PM me your IP address from which you get blocked (whatismyip.com) and I can get you unblocked. I'll also yell at the host.

element1151
06-03-2006, 12:26 AM
I use http://www.webhosting2000.com/

They have never let me down, and I've never had a problem.

monstah27
06-03-2006, 06:52 AM
Yea, never been banned but certainly its difficult to get on sometimes. Thanks yeszir.

Soxfan#1
06-03-2006, 08:13 AM
What do you have right now yeszir?

yeszir
06-03-2006, 10:08 AM
In a few days/weeks I'll be needing to purchase a new hosting set up for a new website. I'll move Talksox to that host ASAP. Although, migrating a forum and database like this is certainly a pain in the ass.