View Full Version : July 19th @ Seattle

schillingouttheks
07-18-2004, 08:50 PM
Arroyo
3-7, 4.09

@

Villone
3-2, 3.31

seattle has a AAA like team, but the sox are struggling to win on the road. lets take sundays win into monday and open a can of whoop ass on a sorry excuse for a team.

arroyo is a young pitcher, who is misrepresented by his poor record. he has a lot of talent and potential and can hopefully show whats to come in the future in this game.

go sox, and keep the hitting that gave us the win on sunday the win tomorrow, the bats finally come alive.

Zenny
07-18-2004, 08:55 PM
I have a good feeling about Arroyo in this game. The M's are really an incompetent hitting team and Arroyo's slider should be on against those righties. If he can get the changeup under the hands of the lefties to jam them, he should be OK.

element1151
07-18-2004, 09:50 PM
The Mariners have been a little better with their AAA players up, but i think the Sox should get a sweep.

elsrbueno
07-19-2004, 07:46 AM
The thing that bugs me this game is that the BEST hitter against LHP in the game (Manny Ramirez) might not play vs Villone tonight. We'll see, as we've heard nothing about Manny other than it's sore, and the team wants to keep him out.

Can I just say that Kapler's been pretty damn good lately? He kicked ass in the Anaheim series...if Manny's not playing tonight, I hope to see Kapler (not Millar) although since it's a lefty, Trot will probably NOT start.

Arroyo's 4.06 ERA is not bad in this era. Plus, as someone else pointed out (in the Bronson Arroyo thread)...he's much better on the road.

C'mon Sox....let's keep some momentum going!

trot4mvp
07-19-2004, 08:54 AM
Playoff-caliber teams demolish teams like this year's Mariners...let's see what we're made of...

element1151
07-19-2004, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by trot4mvp@Jul 19 2004, 06:54 AM
Playoff-caliber teams demolish teams like this year's Mariners...let's see what we're made of...
We should be dissapointed if we don't get a sweep.

elsrbueno
07-19-2004, 11:44 AM
I have to agree. If this team doesn't dispatch of Seattle and Ron Villone...I will become deeply concerned.

This is, a team, however, that hasn't won 2 games in a row on the road since June.

Ortiz34
07-19-2004, 12:20 PM
Arroyo needs to give at least 6 solid innings, and the bullpen needs to not blow it. Manny also needs to play.

sarasoxfan
07-19-2004, 05:06 PM
manny better be in the line-up. I would like to take tonights game, see some good hitting....

Arroyo keep the pace up and not let the big inning happen. If stay away from the gods awful part of the bullpen and retarded managing we can get a groove going.

I keep saying it but I will one more time. This not the time for the ridiculous resting the starters crap. I wanna see a line-up that can get some time playing together. A batting order that makes some sense and where guys can get used to bati9ng in front of and behind each other.

Tek looks so lame lately..It's time for pokey and tek and Blowhorn to start contributing in a big way.

Let's get 'em

stocker323
07-19-2004, 08:32 PM
Good to see that the greatest name in all of baseball, Hiram Bocachica is playing today for the M's,after his sweet catch yesterday.

Ortiz34
07-19-2004, 09:37 PM
cant believe nomar stranded bases loaded, cmon!

sarasoxfan
07-19-2004, 09:54 PM
nomar blew a great opportunity---he doesnt look into it all lately.
good to see manny back.. bronson hasnt disappointed...

what happened to pokey--i got up for a second and when I got back blowhorn was in.

no one seems to be hopping on my varitek looks awful bandwagon--but I dont see m uch out of him at all.

Zenny
07-19-2004, 10:28 PM
Bronson continues to prove me right thus far! :D

RedSoxRooter
07-19-2004, 10:36 PM
bastard.
I hype the guy all year long here and on netsports and I get killed. KILLED. You make one post and you're a god. SCREWWW U B)

RedSoxRooter
07-19-2004, 10:37 PM
Isn't the record for Ks in a row, 8? By like Seaver and someone else?

CrespoBlows
07-20-2004, 12:00 AM
What the fuck foulke?

schillingouttheks
07-20-2004, 12:04 AM
WAY TO GIVE BRONSON A NO DECISION FUCK I MEAN FOULKE.

this is exactly y bronson has no respect for his record. the bullpen blows everything or the offense doesnt hit. foulke is worrying me...i think his days in a white sock uniform are creeping up on him...

schillingouttheks
07-20-2004, 12:49 AM
I GIVE UP!!!! FOULKE U FUCKER I HATE U!!! god almighty im in a bad mood before boones walk off GS and now im in an even bigger one...THANKS A LOT FOULKE...LESKANIC ITS NOT YOUR FAULT BUT FOULKE UVE GOT PROBLEMS BUCKY OL PAL. GO BACK TO OAKLAND AND DO WELL, IT DOESNT MATTER IF WE BROUGHT U OVER HERE TO SAVE GAMES, GO AHEAD AND BLOW SAVES SOMEWHERE ELSE FUCKER.

Zenny
07-20-2004, 05:21 AM
Foulke has been way too hittable. This sucks.

elsrbueno
07-20-2004, 07:31 AM
I have to admit I couldn't stay up for last night's game. After staying up 3 of 4 anaheim games, and yesterday being Monday.....couldn't do it.

Anyway, read the story this morning, and I'm outraged! The Yankmees lose to Tampa Bay and AGAIN the Sox can't pick up ground.....I blame Foulke for this one.

Ortiz34
07-20-2004, 08:01 AM
Foulke is a disgrace to mankind.

vaman61
07-20-2004, 08:06 AM
All too believable. Do these guys want to win? I think the fans at this point want to win more than these guys do. I want my money back.

RedSoxRooter
07-20-2004, 08:47 AM
Oy, that one sucked. Nice way to stay up till 1:45 just to watch that train wreck...

Anyway, it was a bad night for Foulke... but I wouldn't give up on the guy. Before last night the Sox werre 44-0 with a lead after 8. That's pretty damn good. I think it's just a bad stretch for Foulke.

On the bright side, Arroyo did pitch a great game. On the down side, we have B-Lowe pitching today :angry:

Nomar last night was taking hacks at the plate and he looked like he was in pain. Come to find out his heal seems to be killing him again. Don't be surprised if both Pokey and Nomar go on the DL if the Sox don't pick it up by the weekend.

elsrbueno
07-20-2004, 09:09 AM
horrible news on Nomar.

Sox fans...brace yourselves, we are about to be swept by the WORST team in the AL. I have no faith in Lowe at all.

Theo -- We need help! Especially if we lose Nomar AND Pokey and the Yankee Series just days away!

The bullpen is a train wreck, the rotation is in need of at least 1 arm, and if Nomar goes down....we need OFFENSE! Especially with Manny limping around.

Is 2 consecutive road wins too much to ask?!?

element1151
07-20-2004, 10:13 AM
Horrible game, the Mariners seem to have a new power with their AAA players.

ACL BoSox
07-20-2004, 10:54 AM
arroyo deserves better than this

elsrbueno
07-20-2004, 12:39 PM
Agreed.

If Monday's game proves ANYTHING, it's that this team cannot count on Keith Foulke as their closer.

Theo, it's time you admit you were wrong about him and replace him. 5 blown saves?!?

How many does Rivera have? 1.
4 less than Keith Foulke up....

That's half the distance between the Sox and Yanks in the standings...

I bet we can blame Kevin Millar for the rest...