PDA

View Full Version : Rank the Prospects

DUSTINMOHR4LIFE
06-10-2006, 06:28 PM
Who do you think the top 10 prospects are in the Sox system? I'm not going to include draft picks.

Lester
Hansen
Pedroia
Ellsbury
Lowrie
Bowden
Murphy
Soto
?
?

I'm not really sure who to put at 8-9-10. Soto may not be deserving of a spot in the top 10

ksushi
06-10-2006, 06:30 PM
Lester
Hansen
Ellsbury
Pauley
Bowden
Delcarmen
Van Buren

Thats my top 7, with bowden delcarmen and JVB in any order really

CrespoBlows
06-10-2006, 06:39 PM
1. Lester
2. Hansen
3. Ellsbury
4. Pedroia
5. Bowden
6. Buchholtz
7. Martinez
8. Bard
9. Pauley
10. Place

I don't see Van Buren and Delcarmen being anything more then middle relief guys.

DUSTINMOHR4LIFE
06-10-2006, 06:53 PM
ohhh yeah. i forgot manny delcarmen. i knew i was forgetting someone. On my list, I would put delcarmen after lowrie. my updated list:

Lester
Hansen
Pedroia
Ellsbury
Lowrie
Delcarmen
Bowden
Murphy
Van Buren
Soto

Soto is in there because what he could be, his tools are supposed to be very promising.

Coco's Disciples
06-10-2006, 07:02 PM
Wait, Van Buren is a prospect? I thought he was a veteran.

EDIT: Nevermind, he is 26. I guess that counts because he hasn't pitched much in the bigs.

CrespoBlows
06-10-2006, 07:55 PM
ohhh yeah. i forgot manny delcarmen. i knew i was forgetting someone. On my list, I would put delcarmen after lowrie. my updated list:

Lester
Hansen
Pedroia
Ellsbury
Lowrie
Delcarmen
Bowden
Murphy
Van Buren
Soto

Soto is in there because what he could be, his tools are supposed to be very promising.

Delcarmen and Van Buren are pretty good relievers, but they shouldn't be ranked ahead of Buchholtz or Bowden.

jsinger121
06-10-2006, 08:36 PM
1. Lester
2. Hansen
3. Ellsbury
4. Pedroia
5. Bowden
6. Lowrie
7. Buchholz
8. Bard
9. Martinez
10. Place

Papelbon58
06-10-2006, 09:13 PM
Lester
Hansen
Pedroia
Ellsbury
Murphy
Bowden
JVB
Delcarmen
Buchholz
Pauley
Does Pauley still count? He obviously got there before any one else, but I think he will amount to the least, but still decent

Beckett95
06-10-2006, 09:37 PM
1. Lester
2. Hansen
3. Ellsbury
4. Pedroia
5. Bowden
6. Delcarmen
7. Bucholz
8. Van Buren
9. Pauley
10. Soto
11. Lowrie
12. Murphy
13. Place
14. Bard
15. Martinez

DUSTINMOHR4LIFE
06-10-2006, 09:44 PM
are you forgetting pedroia or do you just think he's not gooD?

Beckett95
06-10-2006, 09:48 PM
are you forgetting pedroia or do you just think he's not gooD?

hahaha, ya i completely forgot him

i edited it

Beckett95
06-10-2006, 10:16 PM
If Clement needs to go on the DL, we are going to really need Lester and Pauley to step up.

And theres also the possibity Foulke goes on the DL, which means Van Buren, Hansen or Delcarmen will get more oppurtunities to pitch.

Teddyballgame10
06-10-2006, 10:49 PM
How is Ellsbury doing this year?

ksushi
06-10-2006, 11:37 PM
Lester
Hansen
Pedroia
Ellsbury
Murphy
Bowden
JVB
Delcarmen
Buchholz
Pauley
Does Pauley still count? He obviously got there before any one else, but I think he will amount to the least, but still decent

I want to call you out on this. What makes you think he will amount to the least? The fact that he really didn't get much in the way of hype prior to his start in new york? His scouting report has always ready that he has four plus pitches, pounds the strike zone, and is a smart coachable player. The only off this guy has is that he will never have and never has had a 95 mph fastball like some of our other prospects. I liked Pauley before, I had no idea he was capable of this kind of stuff or even that the FO had him on their radar as a call up, but I liked his report and I liked his fastball because of its movement. He is good. Its the same with Chris Smith. He has put up numbers, he throws softer, but hes got a good curveball. I'm not sure if a guy like Chris Smith will ever do anything at the major league level, but you never know he is a good guy to have in the organization in case he does end up being one of those lightning in a bottle call ups like Pauley has the chance to be. Pauley isn't going to amount to the least of all of these guys I'll tell you that. Pauley isn't junk. I'm not saying he is great, but he reminds me a lot of Brad Radke in the way that he uses his fastball sinker and change. He is a smart pitcher.

I don't mean to jump on you, but I have to back up a good player when I see one. Traditionally people tend to think a guy is no good unless he blows 98mph smoke past people. Kind of like how in Moneyball Beane made his case for Zito and took him instead of sheets, and Zito quickly went on to win a Cy Young and is probably a better more consistent pitcher to this point despite not throwing nearly as a hard. Its not always about velocity. I always get on people for saying Wakefield is a wiffleballer blah blah. I called JT the Brick once to take him up on that but they wouldn't air me, probably because I am much more the man than that earthling.

jsinger121
06-11-2006, 12:42 AM
How is Ellsbury doing this year?

.326/.396/.464 for the year to go along with 4 homers and 19 RBI's and 15 SB's. All this while missing pretty much a month of the season. He will not be in Wilmington for much longer.

NateGrey
06-11-2006, 01:48 AM
1.Lester
2.Hansen
3.Ellsbury
4.Bowden
5.Murphy^
6.Soto
7.Buchholz
8.Pedroia
9.Martinez
10.Pauley