PDA

View Full Version : Sox Sign Engel Beltre (Dominican Prospect)

jsinger121
07-03-2006, 12:34 AM
Santo Domingo (AP) - the young person Engel Beltr? gave to a jump to the professionalism with the hope of being the next David Ortiz, or perhaps following the passages of Ken Griffey Jr.

And he is that the Red Averages of Boston signed this Sunday to I prospect Dominican by 600 thousand dollars, the hiring more substantial than the Bostonians in Dominican territory have done.

Beltr? is a pelotero of five tools, according to the executives of the Red Averages, and it is expected is a toletero future of the organization.

“This he is a boy who has all the quality that can be requested to I prospect and is the most important company/signature that we have done in the country”, said the coordinator of scouts for Latin America, Johnny DiPuglia to the Associated Press.

Beltr? has 16 years and means hardly and is one of four brothers, in addition to a fanatical faithful of the Red Averages.

“David Ortiz is my favorite pelotero and I am thankful to the Red Averages by the opportunity that they give me”, she said to Beltr? minutes after printing his company/signature in the lucrative professional contract.

Beltr? is a central gardener who has an arm of being able over the average, has a good defense and combines batting of average with jonronera capacity.

Beltr? plays baseball from the seven years and one of its trainers defines it as a complete player.

“This boy has all the possibilities of becoming a future star. He is a worker and a man able to shine if one stays by the good way”, said Santiago Jim?nez, trainer of equipment of small leagues in the Dominican Republic.

Beltr? will be assigned to the minority circuits of the Red Averages of Boston, beginning by the complex of the equipment in the country and Liga of Summer for the next year.

http://espanol.sports.yahoo.com/060702/1/1dy7t.html

jsinger121
07-03-2006, 12:42 AM
He is a left-handed hitter with extra-base power. He has a powerful throwing arm and plays great defense in the outfield.

RedSoxRooter
07-03-2006, 02:51 AM
Did you translate that yourself?

ORS
07-03-2006, 07:44 AM
He plays central gardener? Cool.

jsinger121
07-03-2006, 08:33 AM
Did you translate that yourself?

google translator

Coco's Disciples
07-03-2006, 08:57 AM
The Red Averages!!!:lol:

RedSoxRooter
07-03-2006, 09:08 AM
The first time I read that I thought it said "Red Avengers" which is really cool and was like :lol: then I read it again and was :( then I read it again and was like all :angry: <----------------------- me.
So me and Paps went out and beat up some kittens. They were like :dunno: :o <---------------------- kittens.

jsinger121
07-03-2006, 10:47 AM
Beltr&#233; is 6’1, 170lbs

guapo34
07-03-2006, 02:41 PM
from rotoworld quoting espndeported they also signed 16 year old moises tejeda. Tejeda was ranked 4th on espn's top international prospects. Beltre was ranked #2. The yankees signed Jesus Montero who was ranked #1 but gave him more money than Beltre and Tejeda got combined.

ESPN's comments on Tejeda:

He could be the most athletic of them all. He's a stunning pitcher, a great runner and a good hitter.

Coco's Disciples
07-03-2006, 02:57 PM
Wow, the latino Babe Ruth minus running.:thumbsup:

element1151
07-03-2006, 03:16 PM
Hopefully he isn't the next Adrian Beltre...

jsinger121
07-03-2006, 03:40 PM
I'm pretty damn happy the sox are dipping into the Latin American market after staying away from it the past few years.

yeszir
07-03-2006, 03:45 PM
espndeported
I'm pretty sure this was unintentional, but it's hilarious nonetheless. :lol:

jsinger121
07-03-2006, 03:47 PM
Latin Talent is signing quickly.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2508432

I'm pissed that Montero got signed by the MFY

element1151
07-03-2006, 04:07 PM
I'm pretty sure this was unintentional, but it's hilarious nonetheless. :lol:
Good catch, that is priceless!

RoyNHSox
07-03-2006, 04:20 PM
I'm pretty damn happy the sox are dipping into the Latin American market after staying away from it the past few years.

I don’t understand how the Sox haven’t been active in the Latin market, especially when they built the baseball academy in the DR.

jsinger121
07-03-2006, 04:32 PM
I don’t understand how the Sox haven’t been active in the Latin market, especially when they built the baseball academy in the DR.

They have not been active recently in which they haven't signed some of the top talent in Latin America. This year they have already committed 500K to each Beltre and Tejada which is something they really have not done much in the Theo era.

RoyNHSox
07-03-2006, 04:41 PM
So they opened the academy (I’m assuming to attract young talent) but haven’t been able to attract or develop or sign anyone? Or they simply chose not to?

ksushi
07-03-2006, 04:48 PM
I'm very happy with this signing, it seems to me like this is a no brainer move. Am i missing something?

RoyNHSox
07-03-2006, 05:02 PM
I’m glad the Sox are looking into the Latin market, and it makes perfect sense from a monetary point of view. No doubt it’s a lot cheaper than trying to sign domestic players.

guapo34
07-03-2006, 05:43 PM
Anibal Sanchez and Hanley Ramirez were both latin signings, but those were a few years ago. Soto is the most recent of note, but isn't exactly a top prospect. Maybe they haven't like what they've seen recently, until this year. It is definately good news we're getting more active in the latin market.

As for Montero signing with the yankees, its definately disapointing. At least we got our 2 guys for 900,000 less than he got. If he has to move to 1st then maybe he won't be anything special. Definately has potential to be a star though. Maybe we can sign Laporta for around that difference and have Laporta, Tejeda, and Beltre for the amount Montero got. I'd take those three over one guy any day.

I'm glad everyone liked my typo. I guess I'll leave it.

ksushi
07-03-2006, 06:02 PM
ESPN Deported? Yeah, thats a keeper.

Yeah, it seems like these are high cieling signings. Hanley Ramirez was similarly or less touteed than these guys are. Signing two in the top five is a really exciting thing. Is Laporta still unsigned?

guapo34
07-03-2006, 07:00 PM
ESPN Deported? Yeah, thats a keeper.

Yeah, it seems like these are high cieling signings. Hanley Ramirez was similarly or less touteed than these guys are. Signing two in the top five is a really exciting thing. Is Laporta still unsigned?

Laporta probably won't even get an offer until after the cape season to see if his slow start this year was due to an injury or a sign of his actual ability. Plus they have another tough sign 1b out of high school, lars anderson. If they feel equally about these two the goal is probably to sign one, and it might be the one willing to take less money.

yankeessuck013
07-04-2006, 03:01 PM
does it look like the sox are gonna sign any more dominincans??

jsinger121
07-04-2006, 04:45 PM
does it look like the sox are gonna sign any more dominincans??

From what I have been hearing they may be signing a pitcher as well for a pretty good size bonus.

ORS
07-04-2006, 06:33 PM
Anibal Sanchez and Hanley Ramirez were both latin signings, but those were a few years ago. Soto is the most recent of note, but isn't exactly a top prospect. Maybe they haven't like what they've seen recently, until this year. It is definately good news we're getting more active in the latin market.

As for Montero signing with the yankees, its definately disapointing. At least we got our 2 guys for 900,000 less than he got. If he has to move to 1st then maybe he won't be anything special. Definately has potential to be a star though. Maybe we can sign Laporta for around that difference and have Laporta, Tejeda, and Beltre for the amount Montero got. I'd take those three over one guy any day.

I'm glad everyone liked my typo. I guess I'll leave it.
Felix Doubront is another promising recent IFA to go along with Soto.

Rdsxmbnt
07-04-2006, 06:36 PM
jsinger, who is the SP they are trying for?

jsinger121
07-04-2006, 07:36 PM
jsinger, who is the SP they are trying for?

Don't have that info yet but he is a good prospect just not one of the elite international prospects for pitchers.

Cityofchampions33
07-06-2006, 06:24 PM
We also signed other Latin American prospects:
-- 3B Pedro Chourio, Venezuela (bats right)
-- RHP Stormy Pimental, Dominican Republic
-- LHP Manuel Rivera, Dominican Republic
-- SS Oscar Tejada, Dominican Republic (bats right)
-- RHP Anthony Alvarado, Venezuela

All are 16 and will report to teh Dominican Academy.

RoyNHSox
07-06-2006, 07:12 PM
Does anyone know the usual turnaround time for the academy? In other words about how long should be expected for a player in the academy to become a worthy prospect? I can’t find any real info online for this and I’m curious about the Sox’s success rate in both their Venezuelan and DR complexes. I know the DR academy opened in 2003 so I thought by now we’d be hearing more about this.

jsinger121
07-06-2006, 09:54 PM
Does anyone know the usual turnaround time for the academy? In other words about how long should be expected for a player in the academy to become a worthy prospect? I can’t find any real info online for this and I’m curious about the Sox’s success rate in both their Venezuelan and DR complexes. I know the DR academy opened in 2003 so I thought by now we’d be hearing more about this.

Usually the players will play in the DSL and if they are good enough will go to minor league camp the following year and then likely to the GCL in Fort Myers. Usually the top prospects you want to see in the GCL 1 year after they sign.

Teddyballgame10
09-02-2006, 05:49 PM
I was just wondering when are we actully going to see this kid in the sox farm system? Next year?

jsinger121
09-02-2006, 06:40 PM
I was just wondering when are we actully going to see this kid in the sox farm system? Next year?

Definitely next year. He was playing at the Dominican academy this summer. With his talent he likely will go straight the GCL in 2007.

Cityofchampions33
09-03-2006, 01:13 AM
Great news, hoepfully it will continue and our international scouting will kep on expanding.

a700hitter
09-03-2006, 03:37 PM
Now that 2011 is covered, we just need about 4 or 5 good ML players to contend in '07 and '08.:D