PDA

View Full Version : How many Yankees fans on this board agree with this?

Youk Of The Nation
07-26-2006, 08:25 PM
Just out of curiosity?

I personally cannot stand John Sterling, and that shrew who always echos him. She never...ever...EVER says anything herself. Shell just repeat what he says with a few different words.

http://mikekenny.blogspot.com/2006/07/john-sterling-update-still-not-very.html

MANNYHOF24
07-26-2006, 08:39 PM
not really the question but, I really like Remy and Orcillo and Joe and Jerry. They are very interesting to listen to

26 Reasons to Hate Us
07-30-2006, 10:18 PM
I don't mind them

ORS
07-31-2006, 05:22 AM
Sterling's call of the game is more about him spewing his schtick than actually calling the game. It's pathetic. He's become a caricature of a radio announcer. He reminds me of the announcer of the big game in the movie Little Giants.

AlexanderTheGreat13
07-31-2006, 05:50 AM
If your looking for a well called game Sterling isnt the guy you should listen too.

ORS
07-31-2006, 05:58 AM
I'm always looking for a well called game when I need to catch it on the radio. I don't like Joe and Jerry all that much either. Castiglione sounds like he swallowed a bug whenever the opposition does something good. Trupiano is a little Sterling-esque with his "swing and drive, deep to right, back, WAY BACK, WAY BACK.....caught in front of the warning track". I hate that shit.

AlexanderTheGreat13
07-31-2006, 06:03 AM
I'm always looking for a well called game when I need to catch it on the radio. I don't like Joe and Jerry all that much either. Castiglione sounds like he swallowed a bug whenever the opposition does something good. Trupiano is a little Sterling-esque with his "swing and drive, deep to right, back, WAY BACK, WAY BACK.....caught in front of the warning track". I hate that shit.
Back in 2002 YES and Cablevision had that big fall out and Cablevision wouldnt carry YES. I was stuck with Sterling for a whole year. That might have been the worst year of baseball in my life. I'll give Sterling credit, he doesnt really get upset when the other team does something good. However if the umpires blow a call he wont stop talking about it.

ORS
07-31-2006, 06:07 AM
Back in 2002 YES and Cablevision had that big fall out and Cablevision wouldnt carry YES. I was stuck with Sterling for a whole year. That might have been the worst year of baseball in my life. I'll give Sterling credit, he doesnt really get upset when the other team does something good. However if the umpires blow a call he wont stop talking about it.
Yeah, I've noticed that about Sterling. He doesn't drop it....even if the final score is a big win either way.

RedRuffing15
07-31-2006, 07:36 AM
I remember listening to a game on the radio for the first time in a few years, maybe since 2002, and I was wondering who she was, and I agree, he'll say something like 'Mussinas looking really strong this season' and her responce will be 'Thats correct, hes looking very strong'

And then go into some story....

SoxFan02
07-31-2006, 10:40 AM
They're the worst broadcast team EVER

Mr Crunchy
07-31-2006, 02:09 PM
i picked up my brother in ny last year for a ride to baltimore to see the sox o's
we're on the delaware bridge at 7pm and hes fast asleep
he was the chaplain on his boat,hes a knight of columbus,when hes not in court or with his family hes at the church teaching convicts to read or some other god like duties that he truly enjoys doing

the yank game comes on and he hears suzy waldmans voice
out of the back seat i hear from the sleeping man
""I HATE THAT CU@T

such language from such a saint
i concurr
she has the unique ability to ruin a ballgame

Jon_Papelboner
07-31-2006, 03:28 PM
Not too bad, I do think it's funny that he tries to keep some sort of objectivity when it's clear he's a yankee fan. I get a kick out the radio sox annoucers.

"Papi intentionally walked, and Manny hits into a double plaaaaaaay." The way he exagerrated "play" in such a whining tone was just hilarious.

ARod2212
08-02-2006, 01:27 PM
Sterling is so fucking corny. AN A-BOMB FROM A-ROD! AND THE YANKEES LEAD 14-3!

Chill out dude, save that for the playoffs and close games.

26 to 6
08-03-2006, 01:38 PM
I cant agree with you guys more regarding his game-calling ability, but personally I love listening to him. You wont get the clearest visualization of the game, but you will definately get some laughs, and it's not like he does a horrible job calling the games, i'm always able to gather whats going on. I love that he always addresses the little topics that are on my mind that nobody else usually ever talks about, and I love when they get guests in the booth, such as Anthony McCaron and Mayor Guiliani, Randy Levine, etc. Only time I really disliked John Sterling was following game 6 of the 2003 World Series. That day, for some reason, the electric went out in my house and I was forced to go out to the car and listen to the game (thankfully I didnt have to watch Beckett shut us down), and his call at the end of the game was so enthusiastic and energetic, and such a contrast with my mood at the time. He did his famous Yankee call, but substituted Yankees with Marlins. "Ballgame over, World Series over, Marlins win, thaaaaaaaaaa Marlins win!"
..I was pissed.

As for Suzyn, I agree, she definately isnt best suited for the booth. She is however, second to none when it comes to reposrting. She is 4734739473920 times the on-field reporter that Kim Jones is.

But like I said, as for the radio team in general, I dont mind them. I love his enthusiasm, and I love how non-objective he tries to be while still making it clear he's pulling for the Yanks. I like having a homer, despite other peoples opinion on the matter.

AlexanderTheGreat13
08-03-2006, 02:53 PM
As for Suzyn, I agree, she definately isnt best suited for the booth. She is however, second to none when it comes to reposrting. She is 4734739473920 times the on-field reporter that Kim Jones is.
I actually agree with you. I would always tune in to the pre/post game just to hear her report. Now I dont care as much.

EvilDonut
08-04-2006, 03:16 PM
Has anyone have to listen to Hawk Harrelson? He friggin sucks.

Moose
08-04-2006, 03:22 PM
Has anyone have to listen to Hawk Harrelson? He friggin sucks.

THANK YOU! He is the worst, no doubt.

I disagree. He's one of the best.