PDA

View Full Version : Dodgers/marlins Huge Trade

schillingouttheks
07-30-2004, 11:01 PM
The Florida Marlins traded pitcher Brad Penny, Hee Seop Choi and highly regarded Double-A pitcher Bill Murphy to the Dodgers for relief pitcher Guillermo Mota, catcher Paul Lo Duca and outfielder Juan Encarnacion.

this is from espn.com, by the way. if you read on further in the article:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1849414

it states that this trade could possibly be paving the way for RJ to go to the dodgers.

If the Big Unit says yes to a trade to the Dodgers -- the D-Backs approached Johnson on Thursday again about accepting a deal to the Dodgers and Johnson said he would sleep on it, Gammons reported -- it would set in motion other trades that would also include outfielder Steve Finley being dealt.

for the dodgers, it just seems to add to their success in the NL west. finley has repeatedly said he will only go to another team in the NL west...and the dodgers do fit the description.

"They've asked me about it, and I still haven't decided what I want to do," said Johnson, who didn't start against Arizona on Friday night. "I'm not leaning one way or the other. Obviously, I have to make a decision shortly."

yes you do, please make it the dodgers...as:

The Yankees, with serious pitching concerns, crave the Big Unit. But their top offer doesn't appear to interest the D-Backs enough.

i would love it if randy shut down the yankees and stayed in the NL west. it just shows georgey porgey that he doesnt have control of the mlb. and i would just love it basically if the yankees were screwed by it. although one of their pitching concerns are gone because kevin brown had a strong outing tonight, they still have to worry about mussina, one of their greats, and who knows if brown will keep this up.