PDA

View Full Version : Kay Loses his Cool

ORS
08-05-2006, 03:28 PM
Maybe Michael Kay can join Ozzie Guillen for the next round of insensitivity training. A caller to his radio show got on his case for breaking the time honored tradition of not mentioning the perfect game Chien-Ming Wang was throwing during the 6th inning the other day. Kay goes apeshit and compares following that rule to following orders to kill Jews in Nazi Germany. What a pontificating tool.

Link to Listen Here (http://firejoemorgan.blogspot.com/2006/08/idea-that-announcer-can-jinx-perfect.html)

Oh, and he declared the Red Sox done for the season at the begining of that day's show.

Optimist
08-05-2006, 03:34 PM
What a nut job.

Do you have any idea how stupid you sound!?

Irony.

AlexanderTheGreat13
08-05-2006, 03:48 PM
I really hate his guts.

Moose
08-05-2006, 03:52 PM
:lol:

AlexanderTheGreat13
08-05-2006, 03:57 PM
What a nut job.

Irony.
Rofl, your right. The caller was stupid but Kay matched him.

YanksHater213
08-05-2006, 04:01 PM
haha what a fuck.

MC Hammer
08-05-2006, 06:05 PM
when did michael kay become danny bonaduce?

schillingouttheks
08-05-2006, 06:11 PM
Moron.

YanksHater213
08-05-2006, 06:19 PM
kay.

RedSoxRooter
08-05-2006, 06:28 PM
That was a riot. I guess Kay really doesn't believe in "baseball etiquette".

Papelbon58
08-05-2006, 06:36 PM
Kays most famous quote:

"It's gone if its fair!!! And its caught at the wall."

I hate that guy

Jon_Papelboner
08-06-2006, 08:07 PM
Kay's right, but he didn't need to burst a capillary while explaining it.

WHY JIMMY WHY? Geeze, he sounded like a jewish mother there.

rician blast
08-08-2006, 10:18 AM
seems muff diving into Susan Waldman's crusty, contaminated crevice has fucked Kay up more than one might think.

Optimist
08-09-2006, 09:15 PM
He keeps bringing up that Randy has a no-no tonight. I hope Paul O'Neill or Al Leiter don't tell him to stop...:lol:

Pesky
08-13-2006, 09:59 AM
Why is he still employed by YES? Not only is he a horrible announcer, but he is an idiot. When I watch Yankee games, I just mute the channel.

jacksonianmarch
08-13-2006, 10:05 AM
Maybe Michael Kay can join Ozzie Guillen for the next round of insensitivity training. A caller to his radio show got on his case for breaking the time honored tradition of not mentioning the perfect game Chien-Ming Wang was throwing during the 6th inning the other day. Kay goes apeshit and compares following that rule to following orders to kill Jews in Nazi Germany. What a pontificating tool.

Link to Listen Here (http://firejoemorgan.blogspot.com/2006/08/idea-that-announcer-can-jinx-perfect.html)

Oh, and he declared the Red Sox done for the season at the begining of that day's show.
ut Kay and Waldman in a boat, send it off the sea, and then fire torpedos at it.

26 to 6
08-13-2006, 11:49 AM
I know you guys knew I wasn't going to not say something in here. However, I will just proceed as if I had not seen this thread. All I am going to say is that I find it ironic that you Sox fans feel the need to criticize the Yankees' lead broadcaster when you have Jerry Remy and Don ORsillo in your booth. That's all I am going to say. Yankee fans want to bash Kay? Fine. Although I disagree, they have that right to. But until you Sox fans get someone better than Kay, it's pretty ridiculous to be bashing him.

As for the call, yeah, when I was listening to it I thought Kay got a little too tempered, but Kay makes a point to be very respectful and polite to callers on his show (unlike the guys on WFAN, which Kay likes to point out) so I can't get too mad one of the few times he gets really upset. I guess he figured the guy's criticism on something that really wasn't a big deal set him off, and I understand that.

ORS
08-13-2006, 12:09 PM
I know you guys knew I wasn't going to not say something in here. However, I will just proceed as if I had not seen this thread. All I am going to say is that I find it ironic that you Sox fans feel the need to criticize the Yankees' lead broadcaster when you have Jerry Remy and Don ORsillo in your booth. That's all I am going to say. Yankee fans want to bash Kay? Fine. Although I disagree, they have that right to. But until you Sox fans get someone better than Kay, it's pretty ridiculous to be bashing him.

As for the call, yeah, when I was listening to it I thought Kay got a little too tempered, but Kay makes a point to be very respectful and polite to callers on his show (unlike the guys on WFAN, which Kay likes to point out) so I can't get too mad one of the few times he gets really upset. I guess he figured the guy's criticism on something that really wasn't a big deal set him off, and I understand that.
Nice dodge. So, in the end, it's OK for Kay to compare following that tradition about the no-no to following orders to "put people in ovens" -- his words -- because you think he's a better broadcaster than the guys on NESN. Yeah, that makes sense. You completely ignored the meat-n-taters of the thread just to be homer for your guy. Well done.

26 to 6
08-13-2006, 12:22 PM
Nice dodge. So, in the end, it's OK for Kay to compare following that tradition about the no-no to following orders to "put people in ovens" -- his words -- because you think he's a better broadcaster than the guys on NESN. Yeah, that makes sense. You completely ignored the meat-n-taters of the thread just to be homer for your guy. Well done.
You misunderstood what I was saying. I am not approving of what he said or anything. You guys wanna bash him for that then that's cool. But bashing him as a broadcaster like a few of you guys did it what I was talking about.

a700hitter
08-13-2006, 12:40 PM
I know you guys knew I wasn't going to not say something in here. However, I will just proceed as if I had not seen this thread. All I am going to say is that I find it ironic that you Sox fans feel the need to criticize the Yankees' lead broadcaster when you have Jerry Remy and Don ORsillo in your booth.Remy is an excellent color analyst. He doesn't overdo a point or beat it to death like most analysts. He's informative and points out some of the finer points, but he doesn't beat you over the head with it. Plus, he's as funny as hell.

26 to 6
08-13-2006, 01:41 PM
Remy is an excellent color analyst. He doesn't overdo a point or beat it to death like most analysts. He's informative and points out some of the finer points, but he doesn't beat you over the head with it. Plus, he's as funny as hell.
I agree, Remy is a very good analyst. But he's a super-homer and I personally get annoyed with him easily. The Kay vs Remy debate is a tough one because Kay is a play by play guy and Remy is an analyst, but hands down I think Kay is better than Orsillo.

TheKilo
08-13-2006, 11:00 PM
I agree, Remy is a very good analyst. But he's a super-homer and I personally get annoyed with him easily. The Kay vs Remy debate is a tough one because Kay is a play by play guy and Remy is an analyst, but hands down I think Kay is better than Orsillo.

Orsillo has never said it was etiquette for black people to be owned as slaves, so I think Orsillo may have the edge here.

HeadOfSoxNation
08-13-2006, 11:09 PM
when did michael kay become danny bonaduce?

Hardest I've laughed at a post in quite some time...

Jon_Papelboner
08-14-2006, 01:27 AM
Orsillo has never said it was etiquette for black people to be owned as slaves, so I think Orsillo may have the edge here.
Kay wasn't saying that it was right. That was the whole point. It's a ridiculous analogy, but don't take it the wrong way. As bad as Kay is, and he's very bad, Orsillo is worse.

Manny Goes Boom
08-14-2006, 01:46 AM
Kay wasn't saying that it was right. That was the whole point. It's a ridiculous analogy, but don't take it the wrong way. As bad as Kay is, and he's very bad, Orsillo is worse.

Hawk Harrelson takes the cake.

rician blast
08-14-2006, 03:58 PM
ut Kay and Waldman in a boat, send it off the sea, and then fire torpedos at it.

Susan Waldman...did I tell you all that I did her, yeah that's right a couple of nights after doing Tina Cervasio, well it was Tina Yothers who I thought was Tina Cervasio in my drunken stuper, I ran into Susan Waldman at a convention of taxidermists where she was working a booth, actually they had her affixed to a large plaque and her job was to lie there motionless and pretend she was a stuffed male African Bush Elephant, which with her impressive girth was pretty passable, and as I strode by she called me over and said do I wanna get together for a drink and I said "shut up fatty" and she said "don't you know who I am" and I replied "Dumbo?" and she said "no, I am Susan Waldman", but somehow I heard Susan Lucci and I said "damn I must be impaired again, you look fat, but if you are Susan Lucci, I'm in", so we went out after the show and she bought a few rounds of shots and got me really plastered and we went back to her hotel and had some foreplay and she said put it in, so I ran to the cupboard for the flour, and we did the nasty for a long time, like 28 minutes, and she was now kicking back smoking a Cuban and scratching her hairy ass, which shoulda told me something, but again I was hammered, and still thought she was Lucci and just figured, "hey, she's really Italian" and I was chilling and watching the Mets-Braves play then suddenly she said "That was a great pitch, 0-2, and he laid it right down the middle" and I thought "dumb comment" and then she said "Reyes has a great glove and he's also a good defender" and I suddenly realized "this must be Susan Waldman" and I had further proof when I saw the "Michael Kay is a Pagan God" tattoo on her right shoulder and I ran screaming from the hotel and I've been having nightmares ever since that I'm an extra on "All My Children" and they say I have a make-out seen with Susan Lucci and that fkn Waldman face appears before my eyes....did I mention the sex was good?

(hey...no offense to my goombas)

Cityofchampions33
08-14-2006, 04:06 PM
but hands down I think Kay is better than Orsillo.

I disagree, Orsillo is a pretty good play by play guy, and Ky makes a lot of errors or has really wierd saying such as the whole Posada's gunna give Mussina a blow or whatever he said" and the "its fair its gone, caught at the wall thing".

MANNYHOF24
08-17-2006, 08:12 PM
I hate the sound of Kays voice, Remy and Orcillo work well toghther and are fairly funny.

Coco's Disciples
08-17-2006, 08:25 PM
"Swing and a, you know."

SchillingIsTheNatural
08-17-2006, 08:46 PM
"Sometimes I doubt there are any gods the way the world goes" - Kay

....just how terrible is Michael Kay's world.....announcer for the NY Yankees and has a radio show apparently. Spoiled shit is what comes to mind. I can't wait for the day he really does get a slap in the face and....ssssseee yea.....Kay is toast

guapo34
08-17-2006, 10:46 PM

Dude get off your soap box. A team needs good announcers to make fun of someone else's announcers? What kind of shit is that. They aren't on the team. Its not like a pirates fan is saying the cubs suck. If a Red Sox fan doesn't like a yankee announcer it has nothing to do with the fact he announces for the Yankees.

a700hitter
08-17-2006, 11:36 PM
I like Kaat, Singleton and even Murcer, but Kay is an obnoxious ass of the first order, and Al Leiter is so full of excuses for the players that it is sickening. The two boobs on the radio are caricatures and terrible announcers, but they are hysterical to listen to when the Yankees are losing. Giuapo34 is right. Fans root for or against the players. We are not fans of the announcers. Personally, I think Bob Shepherd should hang it up after 50+ years as the PA guy. He's about 100+ years old. He should give someone else a shot. I am sure the Yankees would give him free season passes for life. Really, he sounds like his dentures are slipping half the time.

26 to 6
08-18-2006, 12:41 AM
I like Kaat, Singleton and even Murcer, but Kay is an obnoxious ass of the first order, and Al Leiter is so full of excuses for the players that it is sickening. The two boobs on the radio are caricatures and terrible announcers, but they are hysterical to listen to when the Yankees are losing. Giuapo34 is right. Fans root for or against the players. We are not fans of the announcers. Personally, I think Bob Shepherd should hang it up after 50+ years as the PA guy. He's about 100+ years old. He should give someone else a shot. I am sure the Yankees would give him free season passes for life. Really, he sounds like his dentures are slipping half the time.
Your opinions on the broadcasters, although I disagree with them, are valid. When it comes to Bob Shephard though, that's a little ridiculous. Maybe being a Yankee hater sort of blinds you from this, but the nostalgic feeling that people get when hearing Bob Shephard anounce a player's name is extraordinary. Why does he need to be replaced? It's not like he has any direct impact on the team.

Dude get off your soap box. A team needs good announcers to make fun of someone else's announcers? What kind of shit is that. They aren't on the team. Its not like a pirates fan is saying the cubs suck. If a Red Sox fan doesn't like a yankee announcer it has nothing to do with the fact he announces for the Yankees.
Speaking of making fun of people, I was just making fun of good ol' El Guapo. How's fatty doing?

guapo34
08-18-2006, 09:17 AM
Speaking of making fun of people, I was just making fun of good ol' El Guapo. How's fatty doing?

Not missing passed out on a beach anymore, but you have no right to make fun of el guapo for being fat because the yankees have had fat players too.

Coco's Disciples
08-18-2006, 10:28 AM
Yeah hows that fatty David Wells? Huh?

Oh...

schillingouttheks
08-18-2006, 11:39 AM
You guys should listen to yourselves (in regard to the fatass thing).

SchillingIsTheNatural
08-18-2006, 12:07 PM

Oh...

"You're just a fat kid. Sorry about that fatty fat fatty. Hey Tom he's just a fat kid! Aren't you, fatty? You're just a big ol' fat kid. Here's some chocolate fatso." - Family Guy

26 to 6
08-18-2006, 04:47 PM
Not missing passed out on a beach anymore, but you have no right to make fun of el guapo for being fat because the yankees have had fat players too.
yeah, you're right. I guess I just resorted to that because of lack of anything better to say.

you tell me.

a700hitter
08-18-2006, 06:58 PM
When it comes to Bob Shephard though, that's a little ridiculous. Maybe being a Yankee hater sort of blinds you from this, but the nostalgic feeling that people get when hearing Bob Shephard anounce a player's name is extraordinary. Why does he need to be replaced? It's not like he has any direct impact on the team.I am glad that fans like yhou feel allwarm and fuzzy when they hear Bob Shepherd's voice and they remember the first time they went to a game. I just think Shepherd is a selfish old prick keeping that mike to himself into his 80's. Let someone else have his/her day in the sun. I was a big Scooter fan and I miss his goofiness in the booth, but he knew when it was time to walk away.

NateGrey
08-18-2006, 11:24 PM
Wang, Nazi's, God . http://webpages.charter.net/connectingzone/happy/5.gif

26 to 6
08-19-2006, 02:16 PM
I am glad that fans like yhou feel allwarm and fuzzy when they hear Bob Shepherd's voice and they remember the first time they went to a game. I just think Shepherd is a selfish old prick keeping that mike to himself into his 80's. Let someone else have his/her day in the sun. I was a big Scooter fan and I miss his goofiness in the booth, but he knew when it was time to walk away.
yeah, when it comes to Scooter your arguement makes perfect sense, but a PA anouncer really isn't a big deal. I doubt there are any people in line aspiring to be the PA anouncer of the Yankees. And last time I checked, being a PA anouncer doesn't exactly provide you with a day in the sun, or any notoriaty for that matter (unless you are Bob Shephard, of course. But those are different circumstances).

And selfish is the last thing I would call a college professor for 50-some years.

Mr Crunchy
09-05-2006, 10:55 AM
kay
and that twat that calls games with him
reason #1 why so many yankee fans are ignorant
if i had to listen to them all season i'd become an avid golf watcher or take up cooking on the food network

User Name
09-05-2006, 08:33 PM
What a jackass.