View Full Version : Sheff and Matsui

Soxfan#1
08-11-2006, 03:06 PM
Sheff returns September 15th
Matsui returns september 1st

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jacksonianmarch
08-11-2006, 03:15 PM
Matsui should be able to pick it up rather quickly. Sheff, on the other hand, is a whole lot more violent with his swing and he had the worse damage (ligaments vs bone I believe I read somewhere). His comeback should be a little questionable.

Pesky
08-11-2006, 03:32 PM
Matsui should be able to pick it up rather quickly. Sheff, on the other hand, is a whole lot more violent with his swing and he had the worse damage (ligaments vs bone I believe I read somewhere). His comeback should be a little questionable.

I don't know. Sui had a wrist injury, a very serious one. It is obvious how important your wrist is to your success. He has already had some set backs, with some discomfort. I guess as of now he is feeling no pain, but he is only swinging with his right hand, and is limited to a light bat. Plus, by the time they return, minor league season will be done, which means no rehab assignment.

They are both a ways away, so I wouldn't bank on those dates yet.

By playoff time, they should be good to go, and murderer's row pt. 2 will be back in full form, but I don't know how useful they'll be for the stretch run.

26 to 6
08-13-2006, 12:07 PM
where are these dates coming from? They sound reasonable, but where did you hear these specific dates? I woukd just guess thye would both be activated on the first and whether or not they can play at that point would have to be seen.

a700hitter
08-13-2006, 12:54 PM
where are these dates coming from? They sound reasonable, but where did you hear these specific dates? I woukd just guess thye would both be activated on the first and whether or not they can play at that point would have to be seen.I heard Sterling say that Matsui has been shut down for 10 days or 2 weeks when he will be examined. That gets you almost to the end of August. I don't see him being activated by September 1.

ORS
08-13-2006, 12:59 PM
I don't see either making significant contributions this year. Sheff won't push himself now that his replacement is here. Matsui will go above and beyond, but in the end, it may not be until early Sept that he's swinging without pain, but then he has to get his timing back -- with no Minor League games to rehab.

Soxfan#1
08-13-2006, 02:41 PM
where are these dates coming from? They sound reasonable, but where did you hear these specific dates? I woukd just guess thye would both be activated on the first and whether or not they can play at that point would have to be seen.
ESPNEWS. Channel 142, dish network.